Team TIJR

Bumblebee

Team TIJR (Tiger)


 

 

Just when Taeyeon thought shes seen it all, her jaw would still drop.

The word dormitory brought up an image of a plain old white building with small rooms one another for Taeyeon because, well, that's what dormitories were right?

When they turned the corner of the main buildings, there, at the end of the long road, sat a mansion-like building. It just had to be ten stories high-- No. Even higher. Despite raising her standards and expectations, Taeyeon was still frustratingly surprised. She stopped in her steps, trailing slowly behind Tiffany's team.

One of them turned around, the red girl, whom Taeyeon referred to as "Red", raised a questionable stare. "What?"

Taeyeon shivered. Compared to the lovely voice that clouded Taeyeon's ears, Red's voice was vicious and attacked her ears unpleasantly.

"Huh?"

"Huh what?" Taeyeon tried to view the best in people, to their full and upmost potential. Trying to calm down, she tried her hardest to label them as good people. Red repeated in an excited voice. "You keep pausing and stuff. Can you, like, not walk?"

"N-no!" cried Taeyeon. "I'm just..not use to this."

"Oh..well, we have to get to our next class before it starts. So come on." Red encouraged gently.

 

"This is it." Princess said. Still, Taeyeon did not know any of their names. She was too afraid to ask for unknown reasons. So she gave them nicknames for now. Princess, Red, and Blondie. Instead of knocking or putting in a key, Princess pulled something out from her skirt and placed it against a scanner next to the door. It made an agreeable sound before she placed her hand on the doorknob and opened it.

Taeyeon had been so focused on the architecture of the place, she completely forgot a certain Tiffany was behind the door. The same sense of fear spread throughout her body, freezing yet heating it at the same time. The door completely opened now and all three entered with Taeyeon quietly trailing behind.

"Hey Kitten!" Blondie greeted happily. Because Taeyeon had trailed behind all three girls, she still didn't have a clear view of the sick girl. But she did hear her pleasant voice, and right when they moved aside, she saw Tiffany.

On her bed sitting halfway up was a half-asleep Tiffany Hwang. Everything looked different about her.

To list it off, she wasn't wearing her uniform. This must have been, the second, or third time Taeyeon has ever witnessed this. And truly, it has been a blessing.

Instead of the normally covered torso of Tiffany, it was more open. She was wearing a yukata-like clothing that wrapped around her body only to end so shortly just above the legs. It was black and white patterned to what seemed to be roses ; everything neatly tied in place by a snowy white silk robe around her stomach.

She looked like she was wearing stockings ; Taeyeon couldn't quite tell. She only saw a quick glimpse of Tiffany's leg as she fumbled around in the blankets tiredly. Her perfectly groomed hair Taeyeon admired greatly was now a bit more on the messier side. The shine on her face was gone as she opened her eyes, clearly showing the sickness on her face. Despite all that, she was still wearing her regular black bow neatly tied on her head.

Taeyeon had to control herself from smiling because no matter what, she was still beautiful. And Taeyeon knew deep in down, she always will be.

Then, that sweet voice Taeyeon craved everyday. "I told you not to call me that....yaaawwn." Even Tiffany's yawn melted Taeyeon's heart.

"Someone's here to see you." Princess moved aside and pointed at me. Tiffany rubbed her eyes cutely, then opening one fully, she gasped in surprise. Smiling right after, she kindly said. "Hey Taeyeon."

"Hey." Taeyeon said feeling much more relaxed now that she was here. She stepped closer to her, eager to join her side.

"Thanks for bringing her here guys." She stood by Tiffany's bed, carefully getting use to her surroundings as it was a bunk bed. Well, I think you could call it a bunk bed.

It had to be a queen-sized bed - Again, with the obvious relation with the school's extreme wealth. But the strange thing that Taeyeon's eyes couldn't move away from was how it was a bunk bed.

Tiffany's bed was on the bottom. On the four corners of the bed were stacked up books of all sorts in which the bed above gained it's support to stay up. Taeyeon turned around to see if the beds on the other side would be stacked in a similar fashion, but instead she got an even more scary scenary.

The bed on the bottom was completely normal. But the one on top..

It was held by thick ropes on both ends. The ropes seemed to have been attached to the tall ceiling somehow and ontop of the rope's structures was a white sheet that made it look like a bed fortress. The ropes must have been of different lengths that the bed angled in an abnormally dangerous way.

Long description short, one bed was sitting on books and one was hung up by ropes.

By far, this was the weirdest thing Taeyeon has ever seen.

"No prob. Kitten." Answered the same girl. Being more relaxed, Taeyeon asked for their names.

"Oh right. Guess we forgot to introduce ourselves." And from what Taeyeon learned:

Blondie was Ice.

Princess was Jessica.

And Red was Rosie.

"So you guys are teammates?" They all nodded. Jessica spoke up in an orderly manner. "We are Team Tiger."

This time, it was Taeyeon's turn to give a strange look. "Team..Tiger?"

"Yeah." Rosie confirmed. "Spelled T.I.J.R but pronounced Tiger. Tiffany and Ice are partners, and-" She made a moving motion pointing at her and Jessica. "Jessica and I make the other pair."

"I see.." Taeyeon said fascinated on the topic. "Is there some kind of leader?"

"Of course you dolt." Jessica insulted in an impatient tone. "What kind of team doesn't have a leader? As much as I believe I would have been the perfect example for a leader..!" She said quickly before sighing. "Tiffany is our kind leader."

Everyone gathered their eyes on Tiffany. "Speaking of who, are you feeling any better?"

"Not even.." confessed Tiffany. "Worse, actually."

"Aww poor Kitten." Tiffany glared at Ice, showing her dissatisfaction for the silly nickname. "Class begins in a bit. If we get you a bite at the cafeteria, we might be late. Unless Rosie wants to do it.."

"No way! You guys made me do that last time and all the food spilled on me!"

Jessica faked a cough loudly. "You dolts! That's why Taeyeons here, remember?" She elegantly turned around, her long hair flowing graciously behind her. "Come on, we're going to be late to class!"

"Oh, she's right." Rosie said sprinting out faster than Taeyeon has ever seen. Ice was left and she simply requested for Taeyeon to take care of their leader.

"Of course." replied Taeyeon. Then after a short while, Ice left.

 

"Lively bunch aren't they?" Taeyeon turned her head back to Tiffany, finally releasing her feelings and smiling big. "They can be troublesome at times, but they're good people."

"I don't know about that Princess Jessica person.." I grumbled. Tiffany softly chuckled, then in a reassuring voice she said, "When I first met her, we weren't exactly on good terms either. But like I said, they're good people at heart. It'll just take a while for you to get use to them." Tiffany being sick must have changed her mood somehow, because for the first time ever, Tiffany initiated the first touch. Normally, Taeyeon would always have to work her brain into thinking of new ways to get another feel of Tiffany's hands at the very least, but today, Tiffany went first.

"Boop." She cutely said as she tapped Taeyeon's nose. Taeyeon stood still for a moment, still trying to process what just happened, then turned her head away quickly trying to hide her pink face. "I'm sorry to ask so soon when you just arrived, but will you cook me something?" Tiffany said.

Gaining her senses, Taeyeon calmed down. "We have a kitchen here..and I'm sure Jessica and Rosie bought groceries just yesterday." informed Tiffany. "So will you please...?"

"O-Of course!" Taeyeon straightened and tensed up like a solider. "J-just give me a minute.."

Tiffany smiled again. "Feel free to use anything. There isn't much but it should be enough." Slipping her bag onto the floor, Taeyeon took careful steps around the room.

Their dormitory room was bigger than Taeyeon's apartment back home. Perhaps twice as big. The bathroom was bigger than Taeyeon's room alone..

Due to all four of them living in one room, their hobbies and interests clashed against each other. On one side of the room were bookshelves all tightly packed with books of all sorts. She assumed immediately it was Tiffany's due to her knowledge that the girl liked to read.

Posters, sloppily hung up, were placed erratically along the patterned walls of the room. Opposite of it, completely in an entirely different fashion, were well painted masterpiece pictures of grand scenaries, all hung in a neatly fashionable way. Then around the room, were weapons of all sorts plainly stacked against the wall. A double-edged sword stood just feets away from Taeyeon, mocking her weak persona.

On the kitchen counter randomly laid an exotic mace colored red and black.

"U-Uhm. T-Tiffany? T-There's a..mace..here..?"

"Oh, that's Rosie's. Just toss it someplace else."

"O-Okay.." Taeyeon gripped it with one hand, only for the fact that it was heavy to daunt on her. She used two hands, wrapping it around the handles tightly, and used all her strength to pull it up.

..My God this is heavy!!

Taeyeon steadied her shaking legs and walked a few steps to a corner where she let go of the mace. Within 5 seconds, she was sweating hard.

Then when she opened the fridge, Taeyeon mentally shook her head, remembering Tiffany's statement that there wasn't much. The fridge was taller than her and the insides were packed with all sorts of foods, some she's never even seen before. Calculating in her head, the entire fridge could probably feed an entire party of twenty.

Browsing through it, she picked out the ingredients she was confident in cooking with and placed them on the counter. The pots and pans were all hung properly, knives and other utensils in sight, so after the task of picking the ingredients, Taeyeon focused on cooking.

Tiffany didn't specifically mention any type of food she wanted, so Taeyeon cooked one of her mother's favorites. Ragout stew she packed with vegetables to aid the sick girl's recovery. Finding a tray and gathering everything else, she sat cautiously beside Tiffany on her bedside, and placed the tray on her lap.

"Wow Taeyeon..I never knew you were a cook. I thought you were just going to cook simple chicken soup or something." She picked up the spoon and dug immediately in. Taeyeon waited patiently for any response, and happily for her, Tiffany absolutely loved it. "This is amazing!" She hastily said stuffing another spoon in . Then another. And some more.

Taeyeon blushed before accepting her compliment. In truth, she hadn't eaten either. Her stomach growling was a sign of that.

She had expected the spoon to go back into Tiffany's mouth when she was approached by Tiffany's eagerness for her to eat. "You eat some too."

As much as Taeyeon would have loved Tiffany to feed her, she felt like she was taking advantage of her. "Ah..no..I'm okay. Plus you're sick..it wouldn't be wise to share foods."

"Oh right." Tiffany pulled her hand back and devoured the spoon's tip. "Well that's too bad." She jokingly grinned. "But I promise to treat you out some other time."

The proud chef smiled. "I'd like that."

 

The two talked for a while, mostly about the school they were in. Taeyeon confessed everything had surprised her and that Beacon was truly one-of-a-kind.

Tiffany chatted about her teammates as they waited for them to come back from class. According to Tiffany, the acronym TIJR was given to their team as they finished their first year initiations.

"T is for Tiffany, I is for Ice, J is for Jessica, and--"

"R is for Rosie?" Taeyeon filled in. Tiffany delightfully nodded. "Yup! The headmaster gives us our names. It was crazy! They launched us into the forest only saying that the first person you were to make contact with after landing was your partner until you graduated."

"Whaat?"

"Yeah!" Taeyeon realized how happy Tiffany seemed to be. She was talking a lot more than usual and she seemed happier. Whatever caused it -- Taeyeon didn't care, all she knew was, it was making her happy too. "Then we had to pick up these chess pieces at this temple. Whoever matched chess pieces became a team. Two pairs and all. Then they'd take the first letter from your name and make a name out of it. We just so happened to be Team Tiger."

"What are the other teams?"

"Oh, there are tons. But the teams I'm closest to is Team JNPR, Team RWBY, and Team CFVY. Maybe when I get better I'll introduce you to them." She pronounced the teams as : Juniper, Ruby, and Coffee.

The more and more Tiffany talked about her school, the more and more Taeyeon would seemingly get depressed and bathe in regret.

She had thought dropping out of school wouldn't affect her that bad. But sometimes passing the windows of the old coffee shop she slaved at, she would catch a glimpse of her old classmates with seemingly well jobs walk by. She would only pray they wouldn't walk in and make fun of Taeyeon at the store. With complete honesty, she wasn't all that proud about working at Bumblebee. It wasn't because it was a bad store or anything, but in comparison to the highly paying jobs her old classmates now worked, her job was terrible.

Then, gripping the overly soft blanket of Tiffany's bed, she was reminded of one more thing.

"Tiffany....why do you always go to the cafe?" Once it escaped , she realized it was a dumb question to ask. But..Taeyeon still wanted to ask.

"Why..?" Taeyeon examined her facial features closely as Tiffany pondered looking away. "I enjoy the drinks there."

"But don't you guys get free food from your..cafeteria?" Taeyeon actually wanted to say dining castle but she paused instead, trying to find the correct word. "Like..better food..?"

"We do...but I'd rather drink the coffee you make than some expensively imported drink from the other kingdoms." The barista found herself smiling when she heard the sentence. "I like simple things." Tiffany clarified.

Taeyeon sighed in relief, then mustered herself up for another question.

"Tiffany..I don't mean anything by this question but.." She paused, closed her eyes, and breathed again. "How rich are you?"

"What do you mean?" She blinked.

"This school is paradise. It must have cost millions to enter a school like this.."

"Why are you asking?" Tiffany frowned.

"It's just...I'm wondering what a beautiful rich fighting girl like you would do in the poor city of Vale." She bowed her head down with embarrassment. "You're league betters than us..so why are you..wasting time with people like me?" Taeyeon shook when she felt a warm hand cup her cheek affectionately. She looked up suddenly gazing into Tiffany's reflective dark orbs. Her eyes would travel between each eye and when Tiffany blinked, she realized how serious her expression had become.

"Taeyeon, don't talk about yourself like that." Tiffany calmly began, her voice mending Taeyeon's tense and broken heart slowly. "No matter what school I attend, we're all equal here. Vale isn't a poor city and Beacon isn't that heavenly." She pulled on Taeyeon's soft cheek gently, ready to pull back if Taeyeon were to show any signs of pain. "And..I'm not rich. I'm not rich at all."

"What do you mean you're not rich..?" Taeyeon felt as if Tiffany was lying to her. "This place, this school..!"

"You don't need money to get into Beacon." She explained. "I told you before, Beacon is a combat school. You get accepted here not because of how much money you have in your pocket, but because of your skills in combat." Tiffany dropped her hand, which slightly disappointed Taeyeon, and pointed at a corner in the room. On the ground being held by the wall was a black sword sheathed properly in a much bigger scabbard. It wasn't a normal sword and Taeyeon didn't quite know how to explain it.

"The exam to get in is tough, but I passed with flying colors. Once you get accepted, they basically set you up for life. The place is under the Kingdom's control and it's pretty much the Kingdom's proud treasure. Which explains why it looks so dreamy." Tiffany laid her hand on Taeyeon's shoulder, sliding her palm down and simultaneously moving her body. Holding Taeyeon's hand in her own, she curled her fingers in holding one up to point outside the window. "You see that Beacon?" Taeyeon nodded, having the green light she had seen before flash in front of her. "That's the Beacon Tower. The king use to live there. It's also the reason why the place is called Beacon Academy."

Taeyeon stayed silent, unsure of what to say. She was half relieved to know that Tiffany wasn't the kind of person she thought she was. But she was also half confused with a slight touch of frustration.

She wanted to know more about the girl she deeply fell in love with. But at the same time, the more and more Taeyeon learned about Tiffany, the farther and farther away she felt from her.

A moment later, Taeyeon felt hot tears crowd in her eyes. She bit her lip hard, not caring if they would bleed. She just didn't want to cry. Not in front of Tiffany anyway.

Taeyeon felt that if she were to cry in front of Tiffany, she would look even more weak. She wanted to be the strongest and best person she could be for Tiffany, because that's what she believed would capture Tiffany's heart.

So with love, eagerness, and fear fighting in her heart, Taeyeon ultimately decided.

"I-..I.." She sniffed and felt Tiffany's warm look on her face. She her weakness up and breathed heavily before finally saying :

"I want to be a fighter."


(A/N)

dO U GUYS KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO PICK A NAME FOR TIFFANY'S TEAM

It may seem simple but it's really hard trying to think of a name using 4 letters that required the letters T & J in it that also made sense in a way that sounded good.

Ice and Rosie are completely made up. I thought about using SNSD names, but as you can see only Sunny & Jessica has made it to my story so far. I thought that if I were to use SNSD's names which are Korean, it would completely ruin the idea that the world Taeyeon & Tiffany lived in was a diverse one. If all the characters had Korean names, I felt that my writing would have to fall into the category that it would have to be : Somewhere in Korea and Has to follow Korean culture and ways which were not my intentions for the plot.

The world this story takes place is called Remnant. And instead of the countries we normally have, they have Kingdoms. Four of them precisely, in which Taeyeon & Tiffany live in a Kingdom called Vale. (All respectively from the anime RWBY which btw u might wanna check out it's a really good show.) I wanted to create a story where there's more to the relationships of the main characters, but rather the world around them too, which is why I focus so much on describing every new environment.

Tiffany originally wasn't going to be the team's leader, but every acronym I thought of would require either Tiffany or Jessica to be leader. And for various reasons in the story, I couldn't allow Jessica to be the leader. So I thought I'd bend the rules and allow Tiffany to be the leader of Team Tiger. Tiger will also foreshadow how freaking BAD THEY'LL BE IN THE BATTLEFIELD.

Ice was originally going to be Jessica's character (Cold and straight up rude. Hence the name Ice because of the cold personality the character would have. But I felt since we all know Jessica to be the Ice Queen..it would fit too. So I've decided to give that cold personality to Jessica instead. Ice is more laidback and welcoming than her name seems, but her character is a story for another time.

Would anyone like to guess as to why Ice calls Tiffany 'kitten'?

The thing about the combat school, the poor and rich theme kind of going on is, I wanted the story, not to only focus on the relationship between the characters, but also their development as a person in general. I want them to solve their problems before getting into a relationship then creating problems because they aren't fully mature yet.

I didn't want love to be the only thing that powers Taeyeon through her character development. It has already been stated that she isn't very rich and has trouble with education. I constantly write about how amazing Beacon is because I want you to understand why Taeyeon feels the way she does. That she isn't "good enough" for a girl like Tiffany. Being surrounded by rich and strength I don't have, honestly, I'd feel inferior too.

I do have a very cute scene in store for when Taeyeon confesses to Tiffany. But I'm not sure when that will be yet lol.

Also I apologize in advance if there's any errors. I only read through a couple times and I still miss some things.

AND!! This is the picture of their beds explained : http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130913062402/rwby/images/1/12/Never_let_them_redecorate_anything_again.png

This chapter is a team poster i made lol

So yeah I think that's all I wanted to explain. Also I want to thank the ones who have been commenting. Honestly I love to read comments and they're pretty much the main reason I update. So more comments = faster updates. Comments really make authors feel good. So even if you're a silent reader, please comment. I'd like to know what you feel and think about the chapter. I spend a lot of time writing chapters, so I ask that you take a minute of your time to humbly comment.

I've spent 3 hours writing this, so please give me a moment of your time to comment and upvote!

I appreciate it! Like always until I get one, if anyone would like to make this story a poster, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hope you enjoyed it! If you have any questions comment down below and I'll answer! See you later !