Queen of Dreams

Bumblebee

[ → White Rose ← ]

"Queen of Dreams"

Sequel // Final Chapter



"Maybe we're just sleepwalking.."

X X X

Most of Rosie's aura had diminished trying to fight off the rest of the horde who tried to approach them at night. They settled outside the Kingdom's reach, just above a hill that had a fine view of the main castle where their daughter awaited. The two were strong, but they weren't godly.

They didn't have any access to sanitary conditions or any good food. They killed a beowulf earlier, much to Jessica's disgust, and forced themselves to eat it. They settled beside a small fire beside a grassy field.

"Hmpf. We always read about the past wars, but actually being in one is a lot different. They forgot to mention that there aren't no showers..stoves....meh."

"Must you remind me?" Jessica scowled. "I'm a sweaty mess under this. I really wish we could find some place to dip into the waters. I don't like this..stinky feeling." Rosie rolled over to her side, distancing herself from Jessica's attempt to make herself clean. "Jessica, you're fine. We're by the ocean, I guess, tomorrow morning we'll take a dip and head straight to the castle."

Jessica glared intensely at Rosie with a hint of distaste. "And if someone spies me ?" Rosie groaned and knocked her head back. "Jessica, I can't believe you're being so picky at times like this. I've seen you plenty of times, do you really think I care?"

The two began to bicker back and forth. It didn't escalate, but it was small talk and a few points here and there. After a while, the fire began to die down leaving the cold embracing their body little by little.

"I'll fetch some more firewood." Rosie muttered forcing herself to get up. "I'll be back in a flash."

"No, just leave it." replied Jessica. "When they see the smoke is gone, they'll think we're gone and forget about us. At least, I hope they do. Besides, the cold is bearable. Take off your cloak and share it, will you?" Rosie was pulled back onto the grass by Jessica. She unclipped her cape and spread it over them to use as a blanket. She took off another part of her clothing and folded it up into a makeshift pillow for her wife. Then slipping an arm underneath her own head, she pulled Jessica closer and together, they attempted to pass the night.

X X X

The couple hadn't gotten as much rest as they would have liked. But it was enough to get them going to start the day. Jessica woke up first, starting their fire once again and cooking a rabbit she had hunted a few steps away. Once breakfast was done and over, Rosie set up a perimeter at a secluded part of the beach to fulfill Jessica's wish to bathe. Not wanting to get their only set of clothes wet, Jessica stripped everything before dipping into the cold water of the ocean. Afterwards, Rosie did the same.

Their skins were rough and Jessica felt intensely dry without the lotions from her time. She complained to Rosie who rolled her eyes and hurried her to rush. They wanted to waste no time. They were here to retrieve their daughter back.

"Rosie, after we get Ember back, what will we do then?" Jessica asked as they trailed closer to the Kingdom walls. "Remember we got here by accident? I have no idea how to get back." The red fighter hid a frown. She had been trying to avoid that question for a while now. "I..I don't know. Right now, I just want to focus on getting Ember."

The wall gradually grew taller and taller and within a couple minutes, the parents found themselves just outside the wall. Luckily, there didn't seem to be a guardpost above their location and it seemed to be apart of a rather quiet sector of the Kingdom.

"Alright, so how are we going to get in the Kingdom without making everyone go crazy like last time?" Rosie scaled the wall gathering some intel of the sturdiness. Jessica rubbed her chin and stepped back. "Well, I suppose we could.." She looked left and right for any ideas. "..I don't know."

"I don't think this wall would be a problem climbing." Rosie said kicking off the concrete base. "It's just the idea behind it that I'm a little scared of."

"I could use a glyph to set us up the top. And perhaps..you could use your semblance to teleport us somewhere very quickly."

"That's..possible." Rosie walked around again before stopping at a discovery. "Or..wait! Jessica come here."

A few meters away, there was a small river that ran through the Kingdom walls. The wall, that in times of flood presented a barrier to the rushing torrent, jutted out toward the inside bend of the river.  Jessica guessed it was a way for the people to retrieve fresh water without having to work the salty ocean. There were only a few bars blocking the small entrance, mostly to contain any rocks or foul creatures to head inside, but for the most part, it was accessible.

It went underground before reappearing up above to a public well. Rosie scratched her head before looking at Jessica. "..Soo...underground waterways."

"I refuse to bicker down there." Jessica immediately shot back crossing her arms. "Nope."

"C'mon now. Ember is waiting for us. We'll slip through this, stay by the walls, and approach the castle that way." Despite Jessica's constant refusal, Rosie managed to get the two of them through the bars with her semblance. They didn't go underground for long and quickly grounded back via sewers. It was still fairly early and the sun hadn't rose to it's vicious and blurring heat yet. It was an advantage to the couple who hid in the remaining shadows as they carefully approached the grand castle.

It was called the Grandzam castle and was the main base of operation in the entire continent of Atlas. It was heavily fortified, just as the two expected, and was a very large castle to house a lonesome queen.

Unlike the civilians who slept in the day, guards were scattered throughout the castle as they kept watch of every single moving thing. Luckily, the two hadn't been spotted yet as they hid in a shadowy corner.

"Huh. We stand out pretty dangerously." Rosie tugged on the red coat she was wearing while glancing at Jessica's blue coat. "They're all wearing gray armor."

"I'm wearing a more neutral color. I suppose I can pass for royalty. Now, why don't you act as the distraction, you short kind peasant?" Rosie growled and looked at her wife, suddenly annoyed about Jessica's height. Since Beacon, Jessica gradually grew taller and taller, leaving the other girl behind. She glared up at her with an annoyed look and Jessica with a smirk.

"You are so lucky I love you." Rosie commented before disappearing into rose pedals. The two had no plans, but they would do whatever it took to get their daughter back.

Rosie reappeared next to two guards before knocking them both unconscious. She looked around very quickly before disappearing into another spot. After taking out all the guards in the outer perimeter, Rosie whistled a distinct tone and watched her wife step gracefully on glyphs and into the castle. Rosie, breathing in the beauty and tranquillity of the scene, could hardly believe she really went back into time. Jessica pulsed her semblance giving Rosie some buffs to execute her next plan. The girl entered through a window before signaling back that it was safe to enter.

Jessica entered through the front door of the castle, surprising many of the maids and resting knights, before she all froze them in ice. She walked very gracefully, taking her time in looking at the magnificent castle. The young woman studied the artwork and layout of the stronghold, marking each small detail. Dust crystal were used as trophies, as usual, and Jessica took the time to take some from the walls.

"Jessica." Rosie called out before jumping off a chandelier. "I think I know where Ember is. I can just..I can just sense her. Behind that door.." She pointed north and into the direction of a large looking double guarded door. They took the frightened guards out easily and pushed on the door..

Rosie had to step back to gather the entire scene. The castle wasn't called Grandzam for nothing. The ceilings seemed infinitely tall and every wall and floor were decorated with the finest dust ornament there could be. The water basin by the door was crafted from the rarest and finest Grimm bone possible and what awaited them was a long flight of red clothed stairs. Of course, they wasted no time. Jessica boosted the two of them up skipping the hundred steps and finally get a glimpse of what they had been fighting for.

The Queen of Atlas.

Their daughter.

Ember.

Jessica curled her hand into a fist when she set eyes on her beautifully matured daughter. She had some sort of idea what Ember looked like from the portrait, but Rosie was completely surprised. Ember had grown older and the woman seemed to be in her prime 20's. Her clothes were wonderfully tailored. She was groomed to the possible extent of perfection with her bright silver eyes she inherited from Rosie and white hair from Jessica. She looked like Jessica, almost, just a gentler version. As she sat on the big golden red throne however, she opened her eyes and was quick to shout.

"How dare you interrupt me." The Queen spoke. "Who let you two in here? Where are my knights?" She looked around distastefully realizing she was quite alone. "Who are you?"

Rosie was too stunned to speak that Jessica stepped forward, nearly swaying from happiness, and a little hurt. "Ember..Ember, it's us. Mommy."

"It's Queen Ember." She growled chewing on her nails. "Do you wish to be beheaded? I don't know of any, "Mommy." Leave at once."

"Ember.." Jessica gasped out in tears. "It's us. Don't you remember? Mommy Rosie and Mommy Jessica? We're here to save you."

"Did you not hear me! Leave at once!" growled Ember. "Must I call for Cinder? Cinder!!" She screamed. Rosie stood up and tugged Jessica behind her. "Ember, you. Do you know what we went through to get here?!" She marched over to a very annoyed queen and pulled her out of her chair. "What! The nerve of you! Ugh! How dare you touch me!"

"We're going home." Rosie muttered trying to haul Ember over.

"Home? Let go of me you rick-raff!" Ember's mind raced with thoughts. She called out the only name she trusted in. "Cinder!!"

A very second later, Jessica muffled a scream. "R-Rosie!"

Rosie looked at the scene in front of her. A very tall and slender looking woman whose eyes were blazing red glared at Rosie fiercely. She had Jessica disarmed and planted between her hands for a swift motion to break her neck. Jessica cried out, but a kick to the kneecap had her falling complete into the woman's attack. "Move and I'll snap her neck." The woman spoke. Unlike the royal knights they've encountered before, this woman dressed more ruggedly and exposed her very nice muscles. Her dress was not one of this time either, Rosie recognized.

Rosie hated to do this, but she put her Ember between her hands as well.

"Hmpf. You won't hurt her." The woman smirked. "You wouldn't dare. I know who you two are."

"C-Cinder.." Ember replied only to be hushed by her mother. "Cinder, is it?" Rosie asked.

Cinder smirked and tightened her grip on Jessica. "You two are Rosie and Jessica Jung. Ah, yes. I've been waiting for you two for quite a while now. Release the Queen and we can talk."

"Release my wife first." She growled.

"Why did I even ask?" Cinder shrugged before a loud click could be heard. Rosie watched as her wife's neck twisted in an abnormal way before falling down the floor. Rosie nearly screamed at the sight but was only able to gasp as she was pinned against the wall of the castle, a dust crystal piercing her on the back. A dirty rag was shoved in as Cinder wrapped her arms and legs around to disallow any movement. She also muttered some words that sounded slightly familiar. Then, Rosie felt her aura drop low.

All Rosie could do was cry.

"I'm sure you've noticed by now, but I'm also from your time." Cinder tossed a grieving Rosie onto the floor, stepping on her head viciously. "I've been waiting for you! Oh for so long!" Rosie eyed Ember who fixed her royal clothes in a corner before sitting back on the throne. "Thank you Cinder! Such dirty low lives dare touch me. Disgusting."

Rosie tried spitting the rag out of and mumble some words. "What..did you do..to my daughter.." Cinder released her foot only to kick Rosie harshly in the stomach. The girl coughed but choked due to the rag.

"You. No talking." Cinder said stuffed the rag down even more. "I'm going to tell you a story, hmm?" Cinder walked over to Jessica's body, and with a great heave, tossed her body down the stairs. Rosie once again, tried to cry out. Cinder talked in a very quiet voice making sure only Rosie heard it.

It was then Rosie learned the truth. Ember had landed on the outskirts of Atlas twenty years ago in this time, in the year 1698, where she met Cinder Fall. Cinder herself, had been conducting dust experiments in her own lab and stumbled upon the same accident Ember created. Immediately recognizing Ember was from the same time period, Cinder took her in.

"And you see, Rosie. She was a little too young to remember you." She leaned in close and whispered to Rosie's ear. "To her, her parents are dead and have never existed." Cinder twirled and walked around Rosie in an intimidating manner. For the most part, Rosie held her breath at the sound of Cinder's boots clicking on the floor. Was this how Jondalar felt when she saw Ayla die? This unexplainable hole in her stomach and heart..?

"And I did not like living here at first. But I realized what the 300 year difference had done. Why, everyone thinks we're angels or Gods. It's purely amazing! I took that stupid idea of the people and used it to bring ourselves into power. Of course, I did it with little Ember's help here. Why, people believe and love children more anyway." Cinder traced Ember's jaw line with the tip of her finger, causing the younger girl to chuckle. "And I waited for you two."

"..What?" Rosie coughed out trying to remove the rags out of once again.

"I knew you two would eventually find a way to get here. I knew you two would come after your daughter. I know your family very well Rosie Jung. Little Ember resembles the two of you very well. Oh so, I tamed some Grimm outside the Kingdom and made Ember ride through town with it. People immediately thought she was a God. They put her in power and allowed her to do whatever. The first thing we did was declare war on all the other Kingdoms. We will win. I know it. History does not matter here, why, because we're changing it!" Cinder laughed. "The Atlas you know in the future will be my Kingdom!"

"You're ing crazy." Rosie nearly choked but managed to get the cloth out of . "Ember, don't listen to her! It's me, Mommy! Don't you remember?!" she pleaded.

Ember leaned back and tilted her head and in a childish voice, responded. "Nope! My parents are dead. That's what Cinder told me. I don't know you." Those words crushed the remainder of Rosie's hope. "Bu-But..E-Ember....no.." Rosie cried.

"Well, at least you and your wife got to see Ember one last time, yes?" Cinder approached Rosie and pulled her up by the neck.

"E-Ember!" Rosie choked. "Do-Don't listen to her! R-Remember! Ack! Gro.."

"Noisy one, aren't you?" Cinder said hauling her to the staircase.

"Ember.." Rosie's vision began to darken and she saw the flight of stairs underneath her. "Remember...? Grownups are..cheaters.." Cinder enjoyed the moment and took the time to laugh. Ember's joyous face began to fade however, as she recalled Rosie's weak words.

Grownups are..cheaters?

Where had she heard that term before?

...

Rose pedals, dust, and a garden fill Ember's head.

Grownups are cheaters..

A glyph. A red cloak. Laughter, sadness, injury, warmth.

Grownups are cheaters..

White hair. Like her's. Except an older woman..

Grownups are cheaters..

A game. The idea of patting someone so they may pat others.

...Sneaking into the lab for ideas to win..

..Dust vials..

..An accident.

 

"..Mommy?" Ember stood up and held her head in her hand. "....What?"

"Would you like to do the honors, Ember?" Cinder said stepping back from edge of the staircase.

"No. Wait, who are they Cinder?" Cinder frowned and curled her lips. "Nobody important. A bunch of savages."

"What were you talking about with them?" Ember pulled on Cinder's arm that let Rosie go, fortunately, safely onto the ground. "Let go. I believe they're of some importance."

"No, what do you know?" Cinder pushed Ember away. "Why don't you sit by your throne and continue to charm the people like what I ordered you to do? I made you Queen, now act like it."

"Well, then. I order you to drop this woman down by my side safely." Ember said seriously. Cinder scoffed but did as told. Rosie tried to rise, feeling a little relieved that Ember seemed to be remembering something, but was unable to react to Cinder's action herself.

Much like earlier, she kicked Ember in the knee causing her to fall. Ember cried out in pain but before she could do anything, Cinder hauled her body and tossed her down the stairs. Rosie screamed trying to jump out but was caught by Cinder. Held in place, Rosie was forced to watch her daughter fall down a tall flight of stairs, and eventually, to her death.

"Now it's your turn." Cinder smiled. "Goodbye."

A push and Rosie began to fall down the stairs. Each step pounded against her tied up body heavily as she smashed down with an epic force. The jagged steps hit her in every angle and before she could hit the ground and join the rest of her family, she out entirely.

THUD!!

Rosie opened her eyes and growled at the pain on her shoulder. She twitched a little, trying to recall back everything, and with a sudden realization, found herself lying on the living room floor. She heard the creaking steps of the stairs behind her and gasped. Thinking it would be Cinder, she was surprised to see her wife, with a very worried expression, walking down the stairs.

"Rosie..are you okay?" Jessica asked as she kneeled down. "How did you end up he--eeeep!" Before Jessica could finish, Rosie pulled her in a very tight embrace. "R-Rosie! I can't breathe!"

The very happy sleepwalker pulled back and captured her wife's lips with intense craving. Jessica enjoyed it for a moment, but pulled back in a very confused state. "Rosie..what's going on?"

"Oh my god. Oh my god. You're real! Yess! You're real!!" She leaped in joy hugging her wife once more.

"Rosie what has gotten into you?" Jessica began a theory that Rosie falling down the stairs have made her go crazy. "Are you alright? I felt you get out of the bed earlier then I heard a crash a minute later. You weren't sleepwalking were you?"

"Sleepwalking..?" repeated Rosie. "I..I had the craziest dream Jessica..you wouldn't.." Her heart froze as she panicked. "Oh god, where's Ember?"

"Ember? She's sleeping in her roo-" Rosie blasted her semblance as she disappeared down the hall. She opened Ember's room in a rush and flicked the lights on.

"Huh?" Ember said rubbing her eyes. "Mommy?" She too was surprised at the sudden attack of hugs and kisses from her mother. "Mommy!" She laughed.

"Rosie!" Jessica finally caught up and stood by the door with her arms crossed. "What has gotten into you! Seriously!" Rosie tossed Ember up into the air before catching her delightfully. "I'm so glad you're all safe." Rosie breathed out in relief, her heart still beating. "Let's go back to bed, okay? Ember, you're sleeping with us tonight."

"Ookaay." Ember yawned curling against her mother.

Once they arrived back in the room, Jessica tucked Ember in between them before getting inside herself. She asked Rosie what the deal was and what happened in her crazy dream, but Rosie only responded with a tender kiss and a tight embrace. Jessica guessed it was a terrible dream but shrugged it off and slept.

The next day, they went to Atlas as planned. Rosie was being extra thoughtful to her family, always making sure Ember was in sight and that Jessica was safe. She feared stairs for a short while, but convinced herself that it was all a crazy dream.

Jessica kissed Rosie goodbye before entering her office. She had a meeting early that morning and decided to get it over with so they could kick back for the rest of the evening. Ember chewed on a lollipop given by the receptionist as she waited for her mother to join her.

"So what does my little princess want to do today?" Rosie said trying to keep up with Ember's hyperactive hops. "Woah hold on now." They walked around Atlas for a while, enjoying the sight of tall buildings and technologically advances. Everything was powered by dust and electricity for the most part. Holographic street signs and stoplights dominated the busy roads.

"Woaaaah." Ember said pointing at the tallest building in sight. "What's that mommy?"

"That's the transmit tower." Rosie bent over to pick Ember up to place her on her shoulders. "It's the first one ever created. Atlas developed the cross-continental transmit system to allow the four kingdoms to communicate with one another. It was their gift to the world after the great war."

"....I don't get it." Ember laughed. "But that's cooool!"

"We can go there later with Mommy Jessica okay?" The two walked around when Ember complained of raindrops. Rosie looked up at the unfriendly gray skies and soon enough, it began to rain. "Gah, I don't have an umbrella." Rosie carried Ember on her back, slipping her underneath her cloak and pulled her hood on. She ran inside the closest building to avoid getting wet and Ember sick.

"You alright, Ember?" Rosie kneeled and tried wiping the excess raindrops off Ember's coat. "I'm oookaay." She responded with a cheerful smile. "Oh! Mommy look! Dust crystals!" Ember ran deeper inside the building before Rosie could properly get ahold of her.

It was then Rosie realized she had entered into a history museum. Noticing the amount of security guards, she kept a distant eye on Ember before strolling off on her own.

"The History of Atlas..huh.." Rosie muttered under her breath as she mindlessly walked around. Flashbacks of her dream came back and she strolled around to find a specific year when she overheard a teacher speaking aloud.

"Atlas is the most technologically advanced Kingdom thanks to our advances in the year 1700's. Historians say that new technology and the idea of empowering dust into greater things came from the civil war that occurred during that time." Rosie turned her attention to the teacher. "Legends say that there were two women that showed people what dust could really do. Although they were deemed as witches, they truly made Atlas a better Kingdom with the extent knowledge of Dust. Moving along..as you can see here.."

"Mommy." Ember said tugging on Rosie's hand. "Look! There's a long hallway!!" She said before running off again. Rosie followed her daughter for the most part, but was deeply enticed at what the teacher said. Why did it coincide exactly with her dream?

She watched Ember hop and jump around the empty hallway full of portraits. She looked up and read the sign, Hall of Monarchs.

Her eyes trailed the wall as she read short descriptions of the monarch professionally painted. King Klein. The first King of the Atlas Kingdom. King Brun, King Kin. Queen... Rosie skipped most of it, not caring about those time periods. Then finally, she stopped.

In front of her was a large portrait of a Queen who resembled Ember very closely..She gasped, recalling the memories of the dream once again before stepping closer to read the plaque.

Queen Ember

1698 - 1718

The Queen that reigned during the Civil war and Great war of the 1700's. Though she declared war on all three Kingdoms, peace was restored by a group who called themselves Ifrit. Not much is documented on this queen and this portrait was the only thing that ever vouched for her existence. Stories say she was a great beast-tamer and charmer.

 

The rain continued outside as Rosie tried to fix her thoughts. She remembered her dream so vividly, like it was apart of her. She turned her attention back to her daughter who had been happily singing down the hallway.


"I'm Queen of the Castle~! Oh, I'm Queen of the Castle~!!"

 

THE END



(Author's Note)

 

WHOOO I FINALLY FINISHED THE SEQUEL ES!! YEAH! NOW IT'S TIME TO CLEAR UP YO.

bet your pretty minded huh good good. I apologize that it seems rushed but I wanted to update before I headed to work so, hah! Here's your final chapter :)

Now as some of you have guessed due to my constant poking of "Sleepwalking" that the entire thing was just a dream. That's why at the foreword I put the song Sleepwalking (and if you listened to it which I hope you did) the lyric, "Maybe we're just sleepwalking.." keeps popping up. Thank that ing song because if it wasn't for that song I wouldn't have made this sequel. SO GO LISTEN TO IT YOU PIECES OF . so anyways yeah that's why it's "MAYBE" we're just "SLEEPWALKING" because as you can see, the moment Rosie out in her "dream" she woke up in the original timeline. So it was just, maybe. But then when she goes into the museum does she find out that maybe it wasn't a dream afterall..

If you go back to the first chapter you will notice the sudden change in font like how it is here. That indicated the start of the 'dream' ahuehuehue its also mentioned that peace was restored by a group called Ifrit. If you look back at Jondalar's notes his ship name was Ifrit. Yup. Small details matter folks. Even the Grownups are Cheaters. Anyone notice Ember singing Nora's song? Haha

Any theories? Comment below you cactus hedgehogs! Now that the story truly is over, I'd like to hear what you think! Not for only the sequel, but Bumblebee in general! After this, I'm going to finish Free Runner and possibly go MIA for a while..

By the way, if you've read everything without having watch RWBY, shame on you. Get started. N.O.W.

Anyways I'd like to thank kumafromtaiwan, ailtern, and other tumblr-peeps I've missed for their fanart of Whiterose. I think what separates this story from the rest is how there's visual representation of the characters as well.

But I honestly hope you guys enjoyed reading and going on the same adventure as the rest have. As of now, I don't have any plans to add onto Bumblebee. I think..I'm done with this story. But I would like to thank all the support I've gotten! As of now I have 106 Upvotes, 815 Subscribers, and 15093 views. I hope this goes up even after the story is done! So do me a favor. Go bother one of your friends. be like, "Hey have you read Bumblebee yet? No?" then link them here. Yup.

Thank you everyone for sticking with me to the end! It's been very fun! Comment down below anything you got to say, I'll read them all and if you want, I'll reply. Don't forget to read my other stories!

It's been a wonderful adventure! /disappears into rose pedals

-Weiss_Knight