Players and Pieces

Bumblebee

Team AVTR (Avatar)

(Author's note: Somewhere during the chapter there will be a dialogue with a blue link. If you want to : click on it and it should link you to the original scene. If you want to, you can read the dialogue and sync it with the audio of the video.

Since this chapter is heavily based off RWBY, I have linked a certain scene in the chapter to the original scene in RWBY to allow your imaginations to flow. The scene will not be exact but it should help. Of course, it's your choice~

Enjoy!)


[ → Bumblebee ← ]

  "Players and Pieces"

14

 

Taeyeon would have never imagined a couple words and love was all she needed to return to school. Sitting behind the counters of the dusty old Bumblebee, she honestly thought she would rot in that place for the rest of her life.

But the familiar pathway now seemed to glow with a bright future as Taeyeon exited out of her airship. Lugging behind her were all the things she took from home. Her mom would miss her, but she knew far better to discourage such prestige education. Preparations and the beginning of a new lifestyle were going to cloud Taeyeon's schedule and she knew that. But before she left, her mother simply said with a smile, "Make me proud."

Though it was also essentially Tiffany's and the rest of Team TIJR's first day back to school, they definitely prioritized Taeyeon's official day at Beacon. Taeyeon didn't need to search for the group because it seemed that everyone's eyes would naturally fall on them. All Taeyeon had to do was listen for a whisper of surprise, perhaps excitement, and look up to find her girlfriend there.

Taeyeon was proud of her lover for not allowing the fame to get into her head. It was always foretold that the humble winners would always turn into rotten corrupt attention seekers sooner or later, but it had been while since her glorious victory and she showed no signs of vicious change.

"Welcome to Beacon, beefcake." Ice laughed as she reached out to help Taeyeon with her belongings. Since the Vytal Festival, Jessica's coldness melted slowly, especially whenever Rosie was around, and for the day she was being extra thoughtful for her underclassmen. "I shall take the duty of escorting you to the main hall to-day."

Taeyeon scratched her head and gave an awkward smile. She wasn't use to Jessica being nice. "You don't have to. I know where it is y'know." But by then, Jessica had turned her head and began walking. "I can't hear you." She sang as she dragged Rosie with her.

The two lovers were left behind. Though they were proud to call each other their's, they were still embarrassed in showing any affection in large public places. Especially at the busy entrance of Beacon. Regardless, their hands found a way towards one another and they walked to the hall like that.

Tiffany fixed her collar and looked around excitedly. "So many new students! So many new weapons and semblances~ I love meeting new people! It's so great to see what everyone has in store." As they walked, they playfully tapped on each other's thumbs. "You know, while I was waiting for you, I overheard that there was a robot student."

Taeyeon turned to meet Tiffany's golden eyes. "A robot student?" Tiffany nodded. "I'd like to see that."

Never once had Taeyeon ever gotten tired of Tiffany's beautiful eyesmile. It was a special one. Despite being a small gesture, sometimes involuntarily, it meant so much to Taeyeon to see Tiffany smile.

"Today they're just going to introduce you and show you around. Go through your schedules and all that. Then at the end of the day, everyone sleeps at the main hall together. I still remember my first day here. I was reading a book and Rosie wouldn't stop bothering me." Tiffany giggled. "And then Ice made a huge ruckus and Jessica-- Oh! Did I mention Jessica absolutely hated Rosie at first? She would always--" The bell rang with a heavy sound. Tiffany jolted and in disappointment, lowered her shoulders and frowned. "Aww, that means I have to go to class soon."

Tiffany turned and gave Taeyeon a quick kiss. "I'll see you at lunch?"

Taeyeon nodded, still getting use to the fireworks that would spread throughout her body whenever her lover kissed her. "I'll see you soon."


Taeyeon hadn't expected any of the new hunters to recognize her, but apparently everyone did.

Kim Taeyeon. Second highest ranked exception in the Vytal Festival. 11th to last survivor. The 200-wipe-out-girl, and funnily enough, stingray.

The multi-named fighter tried to associate with the other hunters. Of course, she knew she couldn't depend on Tiffany's company forever. Another reason being the creation of teams and official partners.

They were, under strict improvisation, not to learn about the process of team creation and partners until tomorrow. Everyone seemed to have at least associated with one other person, but no one dared approach Taeyeon. Simply because they all thought she was in a different league.

Except one person in particular.

"SALUTATIONS!" Taeyeon jolted into a stop and slowly turned to a face a taller woman. She was met with a striking figure, almost too perfect in a sense. With green eyes and two shades of pink hair, a friendly and incredibly slim woman greeted Taeyeon in an odd way.

"Uh, hi." Taeyeon smiled awkwardly. She took the small pause in the conversation to take a notice of the woman.

Her hair had been split perfectly with one side darker than the other. As strange a color pink was, it suited her well with her seemingly flawless skin. Her outfit was a little too revealing, but in a good way, complimenting her strong and slender shoulders and waist. She stood with her hands palms up and seemed a little stiff. She moved as if each and every joint of her hurt. Taeyeon had to pull her head back due to their height differences.

"You are, Kim Taeyeon, correct?" Despite her awkward and rough body movement, her voice was smooth but she paused at random times. "It is a, pleasure, meeting you." Her dialect had been too overly formal. She extended her hand out as a gesture to begin their friendship. Just before Taeyeon could take it however, another man, much shorter, interrupted their actions. With a finger in his ear, he walked between them, rudely shaking them off. "You need to drink more oil. Your actions are as rough as the rocks outside." With a swift move he turned around and swung an arm around Taeyeon half-heartedly. "Kim Tae.Yeon. You and I are gonna be the best of bestest friends! Now, I overheard you're dating the Vytal Festival champion, Tiffany? That can't be true right? Especially since I'm aiming for her--"

Taeyeon glanced uneasily at the sky ; it was a deep azure bowl inverted over them, with only a few scattered clouds in the distance. She tried to get her minds off the regularly looks of surprise. If she had known this was the result of the festival, she might have never joined. She brushed the man aside and continued walking. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a red-haired man share the same look of disapproval and annoyance as she did. In their short moment of eye contact, Taeyeon nodded her head in unconscious approval, as if they were both thinking in their head, What an annoying guy.

He smiled, then faintly lagged behind.

 

Later that night, Taeyeon snuck into Team TIJR's dormitory. Tiffany knew Taeyeon would come, so she left the door unlocked. She was cooking dinner with Ice when she entered the room. Jessica peaked up from her project and greeted the underclassmen. Taeyeon hugged Tiffany and dug her head into the younger woman's neck. Ice didn't seem to mind, Taeyeon guessed she was use to all the romance around her due to the situation with her sister dating Jessica.

Taeyeon sat on the kitchen counter and watched Tiffany quietly.

Her eyes always seemed to reflect, she thought, as she leaned over to kiss her lightly. Tiffany stepped back but accepted it regardless. Taeyeon offered to help, but Tiffany insisted she raise her cooking skills. A few moments later, Rosie came out of the bathroom, hair wrapped in a towel comfortably wearing pajamas.

"Oh, hey Taeyeon." She waved. "Shouldn't you be at the main hall with the other new hunters?" Taeyeon shrugged and hopped off the counter. "It's only 7 o' clock. I can't believe they expect us to sleep that early."

"You're gonna need the sleep." winked Ice. "You've got a long day tomorrow. Team creations and partnering." Ice chuckled as she watched her partner finish up the stew.

"I know I'm not allowed to ask but -- what happens during the team creations?" Taeyeon smiled a little sheepishly. But the only response she received was the entire team smirking, including Tiffany.

"Oh you'll see.." Jessica grimly said curling next to Rosie's bed. "You'll see."


The next day, without much notice, they were summoned to the edge of the school's cliff. There were only a few hunters transferring and because of Taeyeon's constant visit to Beacon, she sometimes forgot it was such a prestigious and difficult school. By the time she had arrived, a little more than half had already been there. Taeyeon only recognized three of them. The pink haired, awkward yet nice, tall girl. The annoying blue haired arrogant shortie, and lastly, the quiet and charismatic red haired warrior.

Technically, you weren't a student until you passed this test. The test will also group the students into teams of four and into a pair or so Taeyeon was informed. There was a surging murmur through the crowd when the highly respected Headmaster came and ordered them to line up.

"There are platforms on the ground." Ozpin pointed. "Please, everyone stand on one." His assistant stood next to him with a larger version of a scroll. "For years you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Glynda Goodwitch, Ozpin's assistant and combat director stepped forward. "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates today."

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone whom you can work well. That being said..." For a moment, Taeyeon and Ozpin shared eye contact and Taeyeon flashed a nervous smile. Ozpin smirked grimly and continued, "The first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

...

"Whaat?!" Taeyeon yelped out.

"After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path or you will die." The man next to Taeyeon gave a nervous chuckle. He closed his eyes and clenched his fists to bring himself under control.

"You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. You will guard that item as well as your standing and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?" Silence answered the question. "Good. Now take your positions."

The platforms, Taeyeon learned, were a launching pad. For her very left, the first person rocketed miles into the air and deep into the forest. Then the second launched a few seconds after. Then the third..then the forth.

Taeyeon guessed she was going to launch in a minute's time. She watched the hunters spring into action as they tried to control their body midair. One girl, though Taeyeon faintly kept watch of, soared through the air. Taeyeon expected her to fall just like everyone else had, but instead, wings soared from her back and she then flew away. Taeyeon heard murmurs as the launching continued. She could only catch a few words like jet wings and robot girl.

"Whoooaaa!!" The voice started out strong before it faded off and into the distance. Taeyeon counted she was third next in line. The tall white haired man stood next to her, seemingly unfazed. Just before his turn, he slipped on his black and gray headphones and crouched down. Music blared and blasted from his ears as he rocketed into the air. Taeyeon too, crouched down, and waited for the heart beating moment.

Boom!!

The next thing Taeyeon felt was her body deftly defying gravity as she lost control of herself for a second. From the ground, it seemed as they were in the sky forever. But actually being in the air, she noticed the ground nearing her quicker than she thought. Without thinking, she threw her hand back and grabbed onto her sword. Kicking her feet back, she wrapped both her hands around the handle and aimed it forward. 

The timing had to be perfect. She dared not close any of her eyes as she watched the ground get wider. If she were to mess this up, she could die. That fact made her head spin. But she concentrated and finally, when she felt the crunch of her sword dig into the earth, time slowed for a bit.

All in a quick maneuver, her sword had absorbed all the intense energy she accumulated from being launched. She needed to dispel this energy. Turning her head first, she flipped until her feet had touched the floor, then, using all the strength she could muster from the adrenaline rush, swung her sword in front of her, releasing all the energy and safely landing.

She didn't want to lose her sword however. With her right hand extended, she allowed the chains to loosen and unravel before she pulled on it. The sword, still blaring with energy, violently lunged back at it's owner. Taeyeon twirled around, swinging her sword slower and slower, violently destroy the forest in the process. Then eventually, she slowed down to a speed safe enough to catch her sword. Taeyeon sighed. Her landing strategy had caused thunder to spark the trees. Without a doubt, she knew she had shown her location to all the hunters and grimm. Thinking she might have heard a roar, she dashed into the forest and allowed nature to guide her.

Sounds of an engine roaring passed by and Taeyeon looked up. The girl who had talked with her yesterday was flying around. Now she realized it. She was a robot. Her wings were jet wings that burst with energy and she seemed to be looking around for someone, or even something. Taeyeon secretly hoped she would fly down to her, I mean, what could be better than a robot partner? Infinitely indestructible. Powerful and could fly. The only advantage of having Taeyeon in your team was : she was a portable outlet. It's been more than once she had been playfully teased by the sisters to charge their scrolls for them and it annoyed Taeyeon to no end. There was once a time the restaurant they were eating at had randomly shut down. Rosie first joked that Taeyeon should stick her finger in an outlet to power the place, and by the powerful of boredom, she did and it worked.

To Taeyeon's disappointment, however, the girl flew away. Taeyeon let her shoulders down defeated and ran forward remembering to get the relic.


For Tiffany's combat class, they had a special assignment. It was known throughout the student population that it was initiation day for all newcomers. They took a break from hand to hand combat and sat behind their individual scrolls.

"I'm sure you all remember your first year here at Beacon and of course, your initiation. Being second year students, you've learned much but not significantly just yet. So I've gotten special permission from Headmaster Ozpin to watch the students go through their initiation. You will pick a person to grade and will write me a report on what they are good at, and what they need to improve on." A message blinked through everyone's screen. It was a list of all the newcomer's name. 

 

Reese Wilkerson // Verrick Trive // Rajesh Rao // Travis Wolfe

Serenity Williams // Raven Valkyrie // Taeyeon Kim // River Ventwood

Troy Baker // Alisa Bosconovitch // Quintrell League // Anthon Rocket

Midnight Dream // Nami Amazon // Wynter Schnee // Oliver Crook

Willow Speigel // Roy Emblem // Harley N'Fume // Tyra Banks

 

Of course, Tiffany clicked on Taeyeon's name without a second thought. When Jessica saw this she rolled her eyes and poked the screen randomly highlighting a name. She randomly picked out fighter named Wynter Schnee. The last name rung a bell, but Jessica paid no mind.

"Come on, you lazy thing," Jessica said nudging Rosie awake. "Pick a name." Ice did the same and selected her fighter.

"What the--?!?" Rosie jerked awake. "Uhm! My fighter is..flying? Wait--!" The team peeked over at Rosie's scroll and watched the screen following a pink haired girl. On the corner of the video it said : ALISA_BOSCONOVITCH_CAM11

"Alisa Bosconowhaat?" Jessica pushed Ice out of the way. "Bosconovitch. I believe that is a Russian na--Is she flying?!!?"

The four looked at the screen in desperate wonder. Tiffany snapped her fingers and brought up the topic of the rumored robot girl. "Well, I'm betting that's her.."

"Man.." Ice slouched back onto her seat. "The first year students are getting weird." Ice focused on her fighter. On the top right it read: OLIVER_CROOK_CAM6

At first, there didn't seem to be anything special about him, but one thing bothered Ice. She scoffed and crossed her arms, pointing a hand at the screen. "I can't believe this guy. He's in the middle of a gang of grimm and he's listening to music!" She scoffed again, criticizing him. "Music!!"

From the screen, Ice watched the man fix his headphones and pump the volume louder. Then grabbing his dual daggers, as if going with the music, he breezed and danced through the horde of grimm. Before the verse of his song finished, the pack fell to their knees and died. Casually, he continued to whistle his music and walk through the forest.

Ice repeated once again, "Really weird..."


Taeyeon had been running away from a pack of grimm when she felt intense heat hit the side of her body. She turned and heard some sort of bubbling sound in a distance. Attracted to danger, she dashed through the trees. The heat grew hotter and hotter until finally --

Taeyeon met the quiet red haired man. Their eye contact felt longer than it was. They confirmed with a nod that they were now, inevitably, partners. What surprised her the most was the lava that was spurting out of the ground screaming the dangerous damage the element could do. He stood behind the pool of lava with his sword jammed into the ground. His sword was much like Taeyeon's except it glowed with a red-orange color. Taeyeon now realized he had been in the middle of a battle. He dipped his sword in the lava and caused the earth to break in half as it swallowed up a grimm a few meters away.

By tacit agreement, the hunters concentrated on the smaller ones first. He changed direction and charged after the second who was so tantalizingly close.

Taeyeon watched as Roy sliced through the enemies with ease, knowing that sometimes the best assistance one could offer was simply to stay out of the way.

The man was lucky he was so close. He didn't have time to build up speed or momentum, and the grimm's snort snapped his attention. He threw herself back, dodging the grimm's horn, and ran behind him. The grimm slowed, looking for the target that had slipped away, and wasn't focusing on the short woman who closed the gap with long strides. And then it was too late. The small eye lost all ability to focus. Taeyeon jammed her sword into the vulnerable opening and smashed it into the brain. Electricity flowed through the body and eventually burned the grimm. Finally, after catching each other's breath, they formally introduced each other.

His name was Roy Emblem and his semblance was lava. He scratched his head, "You're that uh, stringray person huh?" Taeyeon laughed and showed off her ability. There wasn't any water nearby so Taeyeon walked up to a tree and placed her hand on it. The bark immediately exploded and stripped the tree . He grinned for a second before putting a hand in the air. "Hear that? Save your energy, we're going to need it."

On the other side, Ice had been swooning over Roy's handsome features. She playfully, and annoyingly, teased Tiffany endlessly. "Ohohoho! Taeyeon got a partner! And he's pretty cute if you ask me! You got some competition Tiff~" Tiffany scoffed and looked away. "I do not!" Rosie looked at her sister with a strange expression. "Dude, Taeyeon is gay as hell and we all know it."

"Soooo? What about Jessica and Neptune?" Jessica rolled her eyes and threw a pencil at Ice. "We've been over this a hundred times! There's nothing going on between us!" 

Rosie sadly mumbled. "I would hope so.."



The two had lost track of time by the time they found the temple. On podiums, there were giant chess pieces standing still. They both guessed that it was the relics.

Both in black and white color, there were the rook, bishop, knight, and pawn pieces. The King and Queen were not there. Roy trailed behind Taeyeon before pausing and checking if the coast was clear, then asked. "I guess we have to pick one." Roy looked around, wondering what the relics symbolized. There were two relics missing, a black rook and knight.

"I'm guessing two pairs came here before us." Roy scanned the forest ahead. "Let's pick one and get out of here."

Taeyeon strolled around and pointed at the white knight piece. "How 'bout a cute little pony?" Roy shrugged. "Sure."

A sudden hush caused them all to turn their heads in the direction of a group making their way toward them. The two groups merged, then paired. There were 8 of them now, Taeyeon and Roy included. With quick introduction, Taeyeon learned all their names.

The robot girl had been paired up with the annoying blue haired man from yesterday. Their names were Alisa and Verrick.

A guy jamming to the music of his headphones and a trident user : Oliver and Wynter.

Big and muscular dressed in a cape broken into three segments ; his arm was covered in a giant claw crusher. His partner was a quiet girl who wore sunglasses. In her hands, she shyly held onto a tiny black and yellow bag. Their names were Quintrell and Raven.

"The way to return, to school, is," Alisa lifted herself up and pointed. "That-a-way."

"Alright, let's go." Then, the four pairs made their way back to the cliff.


They were close to the cliff when a huge Nevermore blocked their way to the cliff. It's roar screeched and crawled it's way into a ringing noise inside everyone's heads. They hid behind large pillars, partners in hand, and silently in unison decided to hide until it flew away. However, trees behind their were destroyed as another large grimm of a scorpion class crawled it's way towards them. With no choice, the gang tried to run to the cliff to avoid the scorpion.

Oliver wielded two daggers both attached to chains he wrapped behind his back. Taking the job of distracting the scorpion, he jumped back and tossed his daggers, damaging the monster before retreating. Wynter transformed his trident into a huge rifle and aimed at the scorpion. Quintrell jumped forward and dug his claw into the head of the monster only to be flung away violently. In the midst of all this, the quiet Raven took small steps and held her bag in front of her.

Then with a small press of a button, her tiny bag had now evolved into a heavy machine gun. Just as Oliver and Wynter drew back, she held the trigger and successfully murdered the scorpion within a second. The rest of the men looked at her with a mixture of fear and admiration. She turned her head and pointed at the bridge. "We have to go." Still dazzled by her strength, they fumbled into getting up and heading towards the bridge.

The large bird screamed at their attempts to cross the bridge and flew into it, destroying the bridge. Taeyeon had been the last one in the gang and was caught by the impact of the wreckage. She found herself free falling down into the white abyss below when Alisa flew underneath her, holding her bridal style, and flying back up.

Alisa allowed Taeyeon to slip out of her hands. Verrick had been on the other side of the bridge and was ready to catch Taeyeon. "Got i--Oh ! Sorry. I dro- I dropped her." Taeyeon hissed at the pain spreading from her back but managed to get up. "That was my bad." Taeyeon glared at Verrick and looked up at the sky.

Alisa, the only one able to battle in air, followed the Nevermore's flight. Then when she was close enough, she tugged on her hands and there came out, dual chainsaws.

Rosie who had been watching cuddled with her sister, afraid of the newcomer's amazing abilities. "Why..am I not surprised?"

"They're so much..better than us.." Ice trembled.

Alisa damaged the Nevermore heavily, but she was tossed aside by the strong winds the bird made with it's wings. She lowered herself down, waiting for a chance. Quintrell curled his hands and pointed it at the bird. Taeyeon stopped, hearing her blood pounding in her ears. With a magnificent gesture, he swung his hand and following his motion, the Nevermore dropped down intensely. Quintrell lost a significant amount of his aura there, and tiredly, swung from side to side until his partner supported him.

"Gravity manipulation.." He mumbled. "..is my semblance.." But the nevermore was tough. It flopped it's wings, harder than before. Raven took off her sunglasses and looked at the bird. It began to swing it's head as if drunk and screamed harder than before.

The ability to control light. Raven would only have to look into an enemy's eye to manipulate their ability to process light and color correctly. With this she controlled it's vision. With her semblance she could make traps ; mess with it's mind to see things that aren't really there.

Alisa came back and extended her hands to Roy and Taeyeon. "Quick! Please finish it off!" Holding hands, Alisa flew up dragging the two behind her. "Hold on tight." Alisa straightened her arms and pointed it at the nevermore battling in the air. To remind the partners that Alisa was a robot, she detached her arms that were holding onto the two and turned them into mini rockets aiming for the confused and weakened nevermore. The two shared quick eye contact before letting go of the hand and falling onto nevermore's back.

There were two things Roy and Taeyeon had in common. In order for their semblances to work properly in battle, they relied on their swords.

On one side, Roy pierced the skin of the nevermore and lava began to erupt. Taeyeon put all her might and energy into her sword, electrocuting the gigantic monster in one go. With such energy, she attracted the negative and positive energy from the sky and made actual thunder come down. The grimm exploded leaving Roy and Taeyeon once again, free falling.

Their entire world flipped over however, when Quintrell made gravity turn upside down for the two. They began floating up until Alisa caught them, then it turned back to normal.

For Team TIJR however, they had just finished watching the battle on their side. And honestly, no one could believe what just happened.

"Well.. uh.." Ice looked at the rest of her team. "That was a...thing.."


Everyone made it back to the school safely. They were back at the main hall auditorium that was packed with students of all years eager to meet their successors. Without further ado, the Headmaster announced his combination of teams.

"The moment you've all been waiting for. When I call your name, please come up in order of the screen." On the screen, four fighter's faces were laid out.

"Willow Speigel. Tyra Banks. River Ventwood. and Harley N'Fume." The four walked on stage, heads up high and hands behind their back. "The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. Together, from this day forward you will work together as Team WRTH (Wraith). Lead by, Willow Speigel."

"Anthon Rocket. Nami Amazon. Travis Wolfe. and Rajesh Rao. The four of you retrieved the white bishop pieces. Together, from this day forward you will work together as Team ANTR (Antares). Lead by, Anthon Rocket."

"Serenity Williams. Troy Baker. Reese Wilkerson. And Midnight Dream. The four of you retrieved the black rook pieces. Together from this day forward you will work together as Team STRM (Storm). Lead by, Serenity Williams."

"Quintrell League. Raven Valkyrie. Oliver Crook. and Wynter Schnee. The four of you retrieved the black knight pieces. Together from this day forward you will work together as Team QROW (Crow). Lead by, Quintrell League."

Then lastly. "Alisa Bosconovitch. Verrick Trive. Taeyeon Kim. And Roy Emblem. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. Together from this day forward you will work together as Team AVTR (Avatar). Lead by, Roy Emblem." The other students wondered why Alisa wasn't the leader. It was tradition that whoever's intitial came first in the Team was to be leader. Ozpin voiced out, "I'm sure many of you have witnessed and learned that Alisa is a robot. Robots are meant to take orders, not give."

After they walked off the stage, Tiffany leapt into Taeyeon's arms and covered her in kisses. Alisa watched in amazement and approached the lovers after. "Tiffany Hwang! It is in my database that you are associated with Taeyeon under the link called "Girlfriend". She turned to Taeyeon. "By Headmaster Ozpin's orders we are now a team. In order for us to cooperate fully, we must be friends. Therefore, I too, would like to be your girl friend."

Roy voiced out. "Uh, Alisa, that's a "different" kind of friendship they're having."

"Nonsense. You two are categorized the same way. From now on you are my boy friends." Ice cried mentally and dug her head into her palms. Taeyeon explained to Tiffany that Alisa was simply learning. But that didn't stop the girl from glaring at Alisa with the intensity of a thousand suns.

Taeyeon sighed and looked up.

This was going to be a long year..


(Author's Note & Bumblebee wikia + fun facts)

This, by far has been my longest chapter lol. So hopefully you enjoyed! There are a lot of thing to process in this chapter so I'm making a Bumblebee wikia for you guys! Starting with!! Team AVTR! (Their team poster is the chapter's image) **Credit to all owners of photos posted and used

(If you looked back to the list of names and can see color, I've already hinted out whos in which team lol)

AVTR - Alisa_Verrick_Taeyeon_Roy

 

Alisa Bosconovitch is actually an original character from Tekken 6. Semblance N/A for now.

 

Verrick Trive is the Varrick in Legends of Korra. His last name sounding like Tribe because he's from the Southern Water Tribe. (If you haven't guessed yet I thought of Taeyeon's team while watching Legends of Korra lol) He wields this double ended naginata. However if you look at their team poster I posted, you might notice it's Neptune from the original RWBY series. Basically in this story he looks like Neptune (just because Verrick seemed a little too old for the rest of the team). Semblance N/A for now.

Roy Emblem is from a game called Fire Emblem. Hence his last name. His semblance came from, once again, Legends of Korra when character Bolin learns how to bend lava.

His sword however -- is the Sigma Blade from S4 League that basically holds his lava semblance.


QROW - Quintrell_Raven_Oliver_Wynter

In RWBY, Qrow is actually the name of Ruby & Yang's uncle. This entire team was made up from S4 League. (was originally going to be the strongest team in the entire story because it was modeled after my friends and I LOL)

Quintrell's semblance is Gravity manipulation and his weapon is a giant weapon arm thing. Raven is much like Coco from Team CFVY. Her semblance is light (varies) and her weapon is a cute bag that turns into a heavy machine gun.

Oliver's semblance wasn't quite explained but it was hinted. He listens to music a lot because his semblance is Music sync. (Taken as an idea from reddit god bless whoevers idea it was)

In the Aura-to-Music Sync, the flow of aura within the user (Imagining it to be similar to Chakra in Naruto) is synchronized to the speed of the music, locking the user's movement speed to the music's speed. If the user listens to music with a very fast beat, then the user themselves move at that beat (each beat is the end of an action).

In the User-to-Music Sync, the user's movement style is altered based on the user's perception of the genre of the music. For example, if the user believes heavy metal music to be like a crazed berserker, the user's movement style will shift to what the user believes a crazed berserker will act like. Potentially, this allows the user to change the flow of the battle, shifting from fast paced rock to slow moving jazz.

The weakness for Aura-to-Music Sync is that the faster the beat, the faster aura is drained, which can lead to severe exhaustion if the user is not careful.

For User-to-Music Sync, the main weakness is that the user's combat capability is limited to their physical strength, flexibility, and the fighting styles they know. If the user only knows a few basic moves, or is not very flexible, then it limits the differences between say Karate and Aikido for instance. Another weakness to this, is that the user needs to be able to focus on the music while fighting, which means chaotic fights can throw off the user's focus and disrupt the Sync. Combined, this makes the user a close combat powerhouse.

TLDR; pretty ing cool.

If you haven't watched RWBY (which u ing should it will make ur life better and make this story easier) you might have not noticed that Wynter Schnee is actually another character from RWBY. Only difference is the spelling name and gender ; Winter Schnee is sister to Weiss Schnee. In this story, he's the younger brother. His semblance hasn't been shown but it's time control. His weapon is Neptune's : A trident/gun


The rest of the teams that I didn't think of :

Team Wraith WRTH - Willow_Tyra_River_Harley (draye090490)

Other than adding Tyra Banks (AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL ANYONE?!) This idea was sent in by draye090490 :)

Team Antares ANTR - Anthon_Nami_Travis_Rajesh (Lauda94)

First names were given except Travis to make up for Taeyeon, so I made up the last names. They're pretty much random last names that sounded good. This idea sent in by Lauda94

Team Storm STRM - Serenity_Troy_Reese_Midnight (Soowei)

First names were given except Troy to make up for Taeyeon, so I also made up the last names. Williams from Casey Lee Williams (singer in RWBY Soundtracks) Troy Baker is a voice actor I like because he did The Last of Us lol. Reese is a character from Malcom in the Middle whose last name was Wilkerson so...Reese Wilkerson. lol. Midnight Dream because that sounds cool as . Idea sent in by Soowei.

Also Team TIJR's team poster made by me as well

(Random fun fact, Bumblebee, other than the Yang and Blake ship name, is the name of Yang's motorcycle lol)

 

Making up new characters is really cool and writing fantasy is ing awesome. I know a lot of characters have been introduced and I hope it doesn't overwhelm you. I was too lazy to write a longer action scene but hopefully it was still a good read! Thank you all! Also look out for my page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/BringTheByuntaesOut for updates and occasionally hints. (admin JD)

Also if the links worked in the story, it should have linked you to 1) the scene in RWBY just before they are launched and 2) The fight in Episode 8.

Anyways thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment. Honestly I spent all day updating. Less comments = longer/no updates comeon u quiet peasants comment jfc that annoys me to no end i write for free and some of you cant even show any respect for an author's work smh disappointed in all ya'll silent readers. i dont give a if your english isn't good just comment

I'm in Team DSPT (Disappointed) because I'm disappointed in all ya'll. :| If anyone even cares: I listened to Red Like Roses Pt. II RWBY Episode 8 Soundtrack writing this chapter.

Don't forget to upvote and comment! (I'm watching you >:[ )

If you've just been reading Bumblebee, try my other stories such as Animal or My Balloon Girl

I'm also a reviewer for this page : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/542343/world-of-literature-review-shop-closed-not-accepting-requests-hiring-reviewers-now-offering-poster-reviews-check-chapters-3-and-4-nomination-is-now-officially-open-request-review-reviewer-service-reviewshop so if you're looking for someone to review your story go check it out. If you want me to review try requesting me. If not Private message me and I'll be happy to review your story :)