Grownups are cheaters!

Bumblebee

[ → White Rose ← ]

"Grownups are cheaters!"

1



 "Children aren’t coloring books. You don’t get to fill them with your favorite colors."


X X X

"Ember, eat your breakfast properly." commented Jessica as she cut her daughter's pancakes into easier bite sized pieces. She opened automatically upon seeing the sight of the delicious syrup and buttered pancake traveling to . With munch, she galloped the fluffy pancakes her mother Rosie had cooked.

"Dewishcious!" Rosie and Ember smiled together and Jessica grunted in disapproval grabbing a napkin to wipe the mess on her daughter's face. "Ember, what did I say about talking with your mouth full?"

"Sowwy." She swallowed and continued her victory reign over the smiley pancakes. Today was a normal Saturday morning in the manor. The family dined in the main dining hall where a few servants stood spread out. During the span of ten years, Jessica's company certainly did not fade. Upon graduating from Beacon, she trained further to fulfill her birth role as the CEO of the Jung Dust Corporation. Her money was sent in different places, mostly to ensure the Faunus Equality Act take place properly. 

Though Jessica's father had retired, he had made a mark in the Kingdom's government and with the help of her teammates, Tiffany and Jessica managed to pass a true Faunus Equality Act to make sure the treaty that happened long ago was to be taken seriously. She donated money to all the Kingdom's Military Department every so often to keep the defenders of the world properly equipped and ready for any scenario. A few benefits were that Faunus were offered much more jobs and paid as equal as a human.

But because of Jessica's true attempts to keep the peace real, many faunus looked up to her and admired her. All the servants in the house were volunteers, but of course Jessica paid them regardless. After all, she was one of the wealthiest women in the world.

When Rosie first moved together with Jessica, she was pleasantly surprised by the servants. They were loyal to the blood and were the kindest people Rosie had ever met. It had been countless times that Rosie would see Ember playing a game of hide-and-seek with the maids in the lawn, or to find her daughter in the kitchen with the chefs helping them out. To Ember, they were family. She knew all the names of all the workers and never failed to greet any of them each day.

"We should go somewhere today." mentioned Rosie as she eyed the blue sky above. She played around with her right hand, the one Jessica was able to restore with the help of dust. She turned her attention to her wife and frowned at the sight of multiple screens laid across the table. "Oh right..you have a meeting."

Jessica could sense the sadness in those words and shut her scroll off. "Being a CEO has it's perks. I can afford a day off."

"Are you sure?" Rosie asked cautiously, hiding her surprise at the girl's thoughtfulness while she poured the cold water into the cup for her. But she was interrupted by the loud shouts of joy emitted by Ember as she hopped onto Rosie's lap. "Yaay! Where are we going mommy?"

"Anywhere you want. Maybe we could visit your cousins up in Atlas." Jessica replied grooming her daughter's white hair. Though Ember was beautiful in her own way -- inheriting her pale skin and white hair with a touch of Rosie's silver eyes -- she secretly hoped for another daughter, preferably one that looked more like Rosie. Rosie never had any childhood photos to show Jessica and she secretly wanted a mini version of her wife. Jessica mentally nodded to herself. Yes. She'd definitely have to find a way to bring the topic up.

After finishing their meal, the family began to get ready. Though it was a vacation, Rosie never left her scythe behind. Reaching out for Jessica's own weapon, she placed the two carefully in a silver case.

Gently patting her face with lotion, Jessica eyed Rosie in the mirror watching her wife fold and stuff clothes into a suitcase.

"Rosie?" Jessica gently called out. She replied with a hum. "...I want to talk to you about something." She started off slowly still keeping an eye on her wife. When Rosie felt the serious atmosphere, she placed the clothes aside, sat down, and patted the area next to her.

Jessica felt Rosie's arms embrace her as she pushed the two of them down onto the bed. Avoiding any eye contact, Jessica mumbled into the pillow but Rosie could only make out the word daughter.

"Huh?" Rosie traced shapes Jessica's back with her finger. She sighed, trying to release the nervous anxiety that crawled and slept at the pit of her stomach. It was just one sentence. A sentence she'd said before. But she couldn't bring herself to say it now.

She shook her head and got up, still avoiding Rosie's caring eyes. "Never mind. Let's uh, let's get ready so we can be there by tomorrow." Rosie watched Jessica disappear into the bathroom with an odd feeling that something was wrong. Rosie didn't press, though she knew there was something Jessica was withholding.

X X X


Before they left, Ember played around with the maids one last time in the rose garden. She liked playing the maids because she always won. Of course, little Ember didn't know they let her win, but she didn't need to worry about that yet. Seeing a rose pedal float through the air, Ember tensed up but was annoyingly surprised when she found herself trapped inside her mother's embrace.

"That's cheating!" frowned Ember. Rosie laughed and let Ember slide off her arms. Ember use to play games with her parents, but they would always use their semblances. Just when she felt the texture of Rosie's cape at the tip of her fingers, her mother would disappear into a gust of rose pedals before reappearing what seemed like a million miles away. Mommy Jessica was impossible to catch too. Her glyphs made her rocket into the sky where poor little Ember would never be able to reach. She hated playing with her parents now.

Because grownups were cheaters.

"How about we play a little game before we go to Atlas, hmm?" Rosie said reaching out to tickle Ember. But the little girl crossed her arms and pouted. "No! You and mommy always cheat!"

Rosie laughed. "I promise we won't cheat."

"You said that before!" Ember's shout was enough to garner Jessica's attention as she strolled down the aisle of rose bushes to see what was going on. "Rosie, are you bullying our daughter?"

"Bullying her with my love? Yes." Rosie smirked before turning her attention back at Ember. "Well now that we're both here, how about we play? We promise not to cheat." reassured Rosie. Ember looked up at her mother's trusting and silver eyes she inherited and with a sigh, she nodded.

X X X

Ember began to grow impatient as she once again, failed to tag her mothers. Each step she'd take, a glyph was made. Each dash she'd run, rose pedals would fly away.

This wasn't fair. Her parents said they wouldn't cheat!

She caught a glimpse of her mother's white hair flowing beside her, and in an excited attempt to tag her, she turned her body and began to run as far as her little legs could take her. About half-way on her run, she tripped on her feet and crashed onto the ground.

And then, she began to cry.

Rosie dashed to her daughter's side and picked her up from the floor. A small trickle of blood dripped out of her daughter's knee as Ember continued to cry in pain.

"Ah." Jessica said examining the wound. "Let me get the dust." Rosie wrapped her arms around Ember in an attempt to comfort her. They cut their games short as Rosie stepped inside the house to address Ember's knee.

Ember refused to look at any of her parents as they helped heal her knee. From the side, Jessica would nudge Rosie and give an icy blue glare and reprimand her wife for taking the games too seriously. Ember continued to cry, but not because of the pain.

"Y-You ne-never let m-me w-w-win!" She bawled. "You two are m-m-meanies!" Her t-shirt were soaked with tears. Rosie stood up and grabbed a pair of pajamas she had packed earlier and kneeled beside Ember. "Mommy is sorry, okay? I love you." She kissed the top of Ember's forehead before pulling her up. She began to undress her daughter to fit in her into her sleep wear knowing that Ember would eventually get tired of crying and fall asleep.

Rosie stayed up late with Ember in her bedroom that evening. Jessica fixed a light meal for Rosie and herself and put something aside for Ember to eat when she would wake up, though she doubted if she'd bother to eat it. She knew how stubborn Ember could get when she was upset. After all, she inherited it from none other than herself.

Before they slept, Jessica had a serious discussion with Rosie. "You shouldn't be so hard on a child, she's only six Rosie."

"Yeah..I know..I'm sorry. I just get a little carried away."

"The first thing you're going to do tomorrow is apologize."

"I know..Don't worry, I will."

 

Rosie lay awake looking at her wife sleeping beside her in the glowing light. Her day was a bit mysterious and a little stressing. She had an idea of what Jessica mumbled into the pillow earlier that day. Something on the lines of wanting another daughter. But when Ember furiously shouted at her, she began to doubt her ability to be a good parent.

She sighed and closed her eyes allowing a good night's sleep to ease her mind...


X X X

The trip to Atlas would take half a day. Transportation wasn't a problem to the Jung family as the family's airship docked beside their house.

Jessica had awakened that morning with a feeling of anxiety that grew worse as the day wore on. She hadn't seen Ember since last night. As the servants carried their belongings onto the airship, Jessica went back to the house in search of one thing.

"Rosie, have you seen Ember?" Jessica asked her partner who was fixing her clothing. Rosie seem generally unconcerned as she replied back mindlessly, "No, I figured she didn't want to be around me because of yesterday. So I thought she was with you."

"Rosie." Jessica spoke with sincere voice and worried expression. "I haven't seen her since last night." Rosie stood unmoving, still trying to not get worried. "I'll go ask the maids if they've seen her."

For once, Jessica cursed the size of their house. She had to search every nook and cranny to their mansion yelling out Ember's name. Her daughter was stubborn, but this was the first time she'd disappeared. The maids have confirmed they hadn't seen the girl either. The entire house went into a state of panic as they searched everywhere for the girl.

Jessica searched most of the rooms herself, but she was left with the last room of the house -- The Dust Laboratory.

She cursed under her breath when she found the doors to be unlocked. Ember, by all means, was not allowed in this room of the house for various safety reasons. Here, Jessica tested out dust experiments and new weapons that were dangerous for even her and Rosie. She would be a fool to allow her daughter to play in here. Yet somehow, someway, the normally locked door was slightly open.

The lights automatically flicked on with the sense of Jessica's entrance. She frowned at the motion. The lights were designed to turn on once a human were to enter. It sensed their figure, body heat and all, and stayed on until the person left the room. If the lights were off, that must mean Ember wasn't in here.

Still, Jessica decided to look around. Everything seemed to be fine. Weapons still attached to the wall, thankfully. Her dust supply was neatly labeled as usual--

Broken glass.

Jessica paused and blinked a couple times before confirming evidence of broken glass on the floor. She kneeled down and found behind a desk, scene of broken dust vials on the floor. Mixtures came together in the middle and Jessica was quick to jump back as a safety precaution. Certain dust mixtures could cause reactions such as an explosion. But so far, the dust remained idle. She kneeled down, trying to get a closer look of things.

Certainly, the dust would have not fallen on themselves. There only had to be one scenario that played out.

Ember was here.

Jessica looked at the mixtures that combined. Red, black, and a little bit of orange and green mixed together on the ground. Each dust color had a different effect, much like her glyphs, but she hadn't combined these colors together and was curious of it's effects.

Whatever the effect was, Jessica figured, was the result of Ember's disappearance.

Kneeling on the floor, she looked around trying to put herself in Ember's place and was caught with sight of security cameras. Of course! Jessica rushed to her computers and pulled up a security footage of that night.

By this time, Rosie had followed her into the lab and stood behind Jessica. "What are you doing?"

"Security footage." mumbled Jessica as she tried to rewind the footage quickly. "I found some broken dust vials over there. Ember must have been playing around in here."

"Dust? Is she alright?" Rosie rushed to speak. "Dust is pretty dangerous." She was hushed by Jessica who pointed at the screen. A little after midnight, the screen played Ember who walked around the lab by herself. The scene played out:

Ember was looking at the dust and in an attempt to reach a white dust vial on the third shelf, she ended up knocking four others in front of her. The mixture came together and enveloped their daughter in a strange glow before she disappeared in a swift second.

Jessica dashed back to the crime scene and in a hurry, examined all the vials.

"What happened? What kind of a mixture was that?" Rosie cried.

"I don't know, I don't know, God, I don't know." Jessica repeated over and over again. "Speed enhancement dust? Uh..Red dust..what was..what was red dust again?" she fumbled around and looked at Rosie desperately. She pounded her fists at her head trying to remember everything dust related. Rosie reached out and put her arm around Jessica to comfort her. "Jessica, we have to calm down. We're going to find Ember but we have to calm down first."

"God, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have.." Rosie hushed Jessica and embraced her tightly. Her eyes fell on the sight of the dust and immediately one person came to her mind.


X X X

Their trip to Atlas was canceled as Ember was confirmed missing. Through Taeyeon, Rosie managed to call Weiss over to their house to help find their daughter. After all, there was no one more knowledgeable about dust than Weiss Schnee. Rosie watched Jessica and Weiss chat in a distance as she tried to keep herself busy. She rubbed the button's of Ember's pajama unconsciously when Jessica's face dropped.

Suddenly, Rosie felt the blood drain from her face and hair rise. She was disturbed by Jessica's worrisome face and dashed beside Weiss with a heavy expression.

Weiss shot her a look before turning her attention to the recreated vials on the table. She pointed at each vial, speaking their name and effects. At the end of the explanation, Weiss looked at Rosie this time.

"If combined, the four create a time paradox. It's incredibly rare but possible as I've tried it myself."

"A..time paradox? What the hell does that mean..I.." Rosie breathed out. Weiss held her breath and said in simpler terms. "I'd like to believe that your daughter was sent somewhere..in another time of some sort."

"What? What the hell!" Rosie screamed. She stared hard at Weiss, then a great fear gripped her. It was she who upset Ember. All in all, if you played the ropes you could say this was all Rosie's fault..

Rosie turned abruptly, picked up the vials, much to Jessica and Weiss's surprise, and stepped back a few feet.

"Don't you dare!" Weiss sharply commanded. "I won't know what happens to you if you dare try doing this to yourself!"

Rosie was so lost in her grief, she wasn't aware of her loose grip on one of the vials. She saw Jessica dash to her side, and saw Weiss screaming at her, but her grief-filled mind didn't comprehend. Slowly, the meaning impinged on her consciousness. A vial slipped off her hands and broke. The sudden action caused Rosie to shiver and drop the other vials. Her grief over Ember's disappearance was pushed into a corner of her mind, to be brought out later when her survival was not at stake.

Before the last vial dropped, Jessica pulled Rosie into a body-crushing hug as she shut her eyes in any event to happen.

At the last moment, the two erupted into a bright glow, much like Ember had, and disappeared.

Into a time unknown..

X X X



(Author's Note)

Hey guys! Weiss_Knight here with chapter one of the White Rose Sequel!! Yup. You know it's a story of mine when there's a MOTHER ING CLIFF HANGER ES AHOY HERE COME THE TIME TRAVELING COUPLES TO KICK YOUR !!

and to save Ember of course.

Any guesses to what time they spawned to? Here's a REALLY BIG HINT: (oh btw credit to whoever owns the photo! :D)

Comment down below what time period you think Rosie and Jessica will spawn at. c:

Okay. So, you know me, I really like giving out small hints and easter eggs. Remember in the previous chapter? The White Rose foreword? This story is called Sleepwalking. Now you may have noticed during the update that the font suddenly changes. Is this a mistake? No. Was it on purpose? Yes.  Does it have something to do with the story's name Sleepwalking? Maybe.

The ending song is called, From The Dust. Which I thought was appropriate muhaha. THE POWER OF DUST ES!!

So, definitely, I couldn't give Bumblebee up and had to make this sequel. The support I've been getting for this story was just amazing. A good reader of mine asked about my writing style and all so instead of lazily typing it all out, I've decided to make a video called, "How to Fanfic" of me talking about..well..how to write fanfics. Link right here : https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=936666796353237&video_source=pages_finch_main_video

Also! In case you missed it, this Chapter's image are Ruby and Weiss's daughter from kumafromtaiwan's Henceforward AU. In this story, it's gonna be Ember (dismiss icy blue eyes though)

So for this sequel, it's not gonna be that long. I can't tell you how many chapters because I just know and I SWEAR TO GOD i'm going to think of a plot twist later on, I just..I just ing know it. Sorry if their interactions aren't really 'family-like' because I have no idea what the a family does like seriously what is a family? where can i download one?

But anyways, I also hope you've noticed that Bumblebee has an entirely new background! Well for my screen I can only see Ruby (Rosie) and Yang (Ice) contiously but IT'S ALL GOOD!!

As usual, credit for whoever's photo it is. I don't ever know how the I find these tbh

Anyways, I started my first day of work yesterday and jesus christ, I.am.exhausted. I managed to find time to update (it's 12:19AM and I have school tomorrow I ing hate you all) and hopefully I'll update as quick as I want to for the remaining updates.

Said it before but this sequel won't be as long as Bumblebee, but I hope I could guarantee you that it will be a good sequel itself. In this sequel, I'm putting together two (maybe three) one shot ideas I had and just cramming it together here. So definitely, it'll be pretty awesome.

Hope you guys continue reading! Thanks for all the support! <3 Don't forget to comment what you think is happening !

I apologize for any errors but you know what! I'm too tired for this !

Peace out my awesome hedgehogs. (can my readers please be called Hedgehogs?)