Fish in the Sea

Bumblebee

[ → White Rose ← ]

"Fish in the Sea"

2

(Read the Author's Notes you cheeky . Don't ing skip them.

You know who you are.

-- From the author that writes for days to the reader who can't afford to spend an extra minute or so to read Author Notes.

Ungrateful cacti.

Oh and I'll be putting pictures in between some texts. First time doing this. Normally I put pictures at the author's note but some CERTAIN CACTUS CRAP DON'T READ THEM APPARENTLY.

SO ENJOY YOUR INTERRUPTED READING YOU FLYING S)



September 19, 1718

Captain Jondalar of the Atlas Naval Fleet

Ship Name : Ifrit

 

Attacked by two pirate ships today. Lost near to fifteen men. Few remain, but very restless and tired. Unsure of the possibility to return to the Atlas seaport.

We've received reports of a new Queen that has been crowned for the glorious Kingdom of Atlas by neighboring ships. Upon docking, I will waste no time to see the new Queen. I've also been informed of an idea of a revolt against the Queen. To this, I have no clue as to why. But regardless, my men and I have sworn loyalty to the monarch -- whoever it may be.

It has been 71 days since my crew have been at sea. I seek the stars for guidance.

I hope to get home soon to my wife and daughter.

-- Jondalar Zelandonii


X X X

Nearly slipping on the wet planks of the wooden stairs, Jondalar gripped the support rail with whatever strength he had left. His ship's rations were an all-time low and he barely had enough for the remaining crew members. He watched his youngest sailor snug into a corner and spread out his legs. They were evidently swollen and he himself did not look so good. Though he was young, not even reaching his mature state, more than half of his teeth were gone. He was pale and bloated and barely had enough energy to look at the Captain in the eye when he sat beside him.

"Not feeling swell are ya lad?" Jondalar said raising his hand and ordering his chef for a plate. Luckily, one chef remained alive despite their constant fights against pirates. He kept them fed, whether he fished on the side of the boat or hunted for rats that made it on the ship. Jondalar gently placed a palm underneath the sailor's chin. "Open up." He examined, very briefly, the insides of his mouth. It looked dry and his tongue was an odd color. The chef brought him the greatest meal he could afford to cook that day ; Pirate Bone Soup.

Of course, the chef purposely saved the soup for the Captain and the Captain only. But he could only shake his head in disagreement when Jondalar offered his meal to the young sailor.

Jondalar's stomach grumbled, but he smiled ruefully before patting his crew mate on the back and dismissing himself. He climbed aboard to the top deck where one exhausted sailor kept a look out. Despite his exhaustion, he did not fail to greet his Captain properly.

"Take it easy." He said before reaching to get his lantern. "Go get some rest lad. I'll take care of it here."  The sailor nodded and thanked him before slugging down the stairs.

The seas were calm and the sky was clear. The creaking of the boat and wrestling of the waves were all that was heard in that still night. The air was chill and with each wave of the wind, the salty smell of the ocean filled Jondalar's lungs.

The captain guessed it would only be a few more hours until sunrise. He could only hope his crew would have enough strength to sail any further that day. He had lost his compass in one of his battles and navigated on the star's guidance above. He estimated another week or two until any sight of land were to come. He could feel the excitement of seeing his Kingdom bubbling in his stomach, but the pain of hunger struck him and reminded him of his reality.

Jondalar sighed and began to walk around the ship, making sure no extra damage had occurred that day. He blew out his lantern when he realized the moon was enough light itself. Looking up at the beauty, he was struck still when he caught a glimpse of red and white.

The two figures were falling quick. Though they were high up in the sky, without any interruptions, they would crash directly into the ocean.

A bird? An Angel? Jondalar tried to make out the silhouettes. What ever they are, they're going to drown in the ocean.

He shouted for his crew and immediately took action. He began to cut a rope that secured the emergency boat on the side of his ship. His crew ran out and gathered on deck when he began to shout orders and point at the two falling figures.

"Hurry up lads!!" He pushed his trusty assistant and pulled another sailor into his boat as he drew his sword and cut the final string. The boat crashed onto the waters but held their weight. The two began to row and paddle as Jondalar kept an eye on the two falling figures.

The closer they drew, the more he realized that maybe he was right.

Maybe they were angels.

Just a few yards away, the angels fell down and splashed into the water. Jondalar eyed the water for any movement or shadow. He breathed out in relief when he saw the two angels float up. Getting closer, the three sailors pulled the two angels onto their little boat.

"Cap'n. They appear to be girls." Tim said lying one down.

"Girls? Falling from the sky?" Jondalar shook his head and smiled. "Impossible. No one falls from the sky like that, Tim boy. I believe they're angels."

"No, they're definitely girls." Ike used his hand to move aside some hair covering one of the angel's faces.

Suddenly, Jondalar was consciously aware of the two, aware of every feature and detail. The one beside Tim had short hair of two colors, black and red, which absolutely shocked him. It was impure for women to cut their hair short and this was the very first time in his entire life had he seen two colors on hair at once! Her face seemed familiar, but more exotic to him. The soaked clothes clung onto the lady's bodies that brought out their definitive figure. The clothes were very strange as well. He had never seen this kind of texture or design.

The other angel, or woman, had mostly white features. The long and silky hair glistened a bright glow of white-silver. The dress was more suitable, but he grunted at the shortness of it. The shorter things were, the more they were looked down upon. He had to step back to get a better glimpse as their boots. There was something attached to white one's boots that made her seem a bit..taller? Jondalar scratched his head at the strange appearance of the girls.

"Is this what they dress like in heaven?" Ike commented finally believing Jondalar's side of angels. "How incredibly strange." He placed a hand and lifted one up to check the back. "I don't see any wings."

"Captain, do you really believe they're angels?" frowned Tim. "We oughta take them to the ship first." He said kneeling down to row back.

"This is a desperate time. I'd like to believe they're angels." He said watching over the two closely. "Perhaps, fallen angels."

X X X


"We are outward bound for mobile town. With heave-o haul!"

The unprofessional and drunken crew sang as they celebrated their finest catch of fish. Their chef, old and blubbery, laughed with great roars and sprinkled precious salt on the fresh catch as the crew continued to sing and chant.

"An' we'll heave ol' wheel round an' round, Good mornin' ladies all!"

They stomped and clapped, twirling around as they danced with rum in their hands.

"Them gals down south are free an' gay. With heave-o haul!"

The ruckus and noise was enough to wake the heavily fatigued and confused Jessica from her makeshift bed. She peeked an eye opened and hissed at the nauseating smell of the air. The dirty humid air filled her modern lungs and she coughed heavily. The smell pounded at her head, causing a throbbing feeling.

It reeked of spoiled cheese, fresh fish, salt, and pure rum. Jessica had to cover in order not to vomit. When she did so, she noticed she was in a rough tunic colored a dirty white with pants that were too big on her. The cloth was no where near the quality of her white dress she favored the most. It made her itch and it stuck to her skin like gum. Her hair was down and she felt a tad bit cold.

She then realized she was completely under the tunic. No underwear..no bra..

She grunted at the realization that someone changed her clothing while she was asleep. And the possibility that she was seen pure and was near a hundred percent. Her blood froze. What if she was ?

Getting back to her senses, she flustered and looked around the room. It was dark and the light barely shined through the wooden walls. She squinted to advance her sight in the dark when she felt someone next to her.

She reached a hand out, feeling as if she was blind, and tried to pat whatever was near her. She felt the familiar touch of Rosie's skin and when she got an idea of what her body was like, took both of her hands and began to shake her wife.

"Rosie. Rosie. Wake up." Jessica whispered harshly and a tad bit desperately. "Rosie, please."

The last thing she recalled was hugging Rosie before she dropped the vial mixtures onto the floor. She didn't remember anything else after that making everything around her a mystery.

Rosie woke up in a fatigue state and was barely able to comprehend Jessica's words as she explained in a rush what was going on.

"Rosie, God, I hate you so much." Jessica kept her tears back making a slanted and awkward face as the same time. She was angry that Rosie would do such an idiotic thing, but she was also happy that she went that far for their daughter. In any case, she felt relieved that she was still alive more than anything. "I hate you so much, but gosh, where are on earth are we? If you haven't noticed, it stinks beyond measure. It's disgusting. And," The ship creaked with the sound of old wood bending with weight. "I'm awfully dizzy. The ground keeps..moving.."

Once Rosie got to her senses, she too hissed at the smell and covered . "Wait..do you hear that?" The two held each other with anticipation.

"We'll swing around, we'll have good fun! With a heave-o haul!"

The two couldn't share a glance at each other. It was far too dark for that. But they held their breath, hearing the deep and joyous voices up above. Jessica decided to concentrate and gather her memories.

"Weiss said something about a..time paradox.." She mumbled. "Maybe we're in...another time?"

"You can't be serious can you?" scoffed Rosie. "I bet you this is all a dream."

"Yeah." Jessica clenched her teeth. "A dream you stupidly got us in."

"Hey!" Rosie countered but couldn't find anything to say. "..Can we talk about this later and figure out what's going on first? Fighting won't do us any good right now. Especially with the stupid ground shaking and..that disgusting smell."

"Fine." Jessica finally said getting up. Cold and rough wooden planks scratched her fine feet. Extending a hand out to feel in the dark, she pulled on Rosie's hand and together, guided their way out.

X X X

The light morning frosts of autumn passed and the hot summer brought a nip to the air. A brilliant splash of a whale bought life to the blue scene. Jondalar wanted some fresh air, though all he got was the salty smell of the sea, he inhaled as he stretched his body.

When suddenly, screams.

"Cap'n! Cap'n! The ladies escaped!" One of his crew members, Degos, screamed as he waved his iron sword around mercilessly. "They're certainly angels Cap'n! I don't know what they did, but they wiped out 'em whole crew in a jiffy!"

"What?" Jondalar said immediately flustered. "Gather the remaining crew. I want them here and to attention at once!" A crash erupted their conversation as debris flew through the air. On the very corner of the ship, the two angels came out of a hole they seemingly created. Before he made sure they were fine, he stripped them of their clothes and threw on some fresh clothes he had done his laundry a week ago. But they seem to have gotten ahold of his navy uniform. One wore his blue coat, specifically made for him as Captain of the Atlas Navy Fleet. The other, with short and red hair, choose to wear the red one he had gotten as a trophy for defeating the Vacuo Navy Commander.

Jondalar took out his crafted pistol and aimed it at them. Angels or devils. It didn't matter anymore. All he knew was, they were a massive threat. He aimed as accurate as he could and pulled the rusty trigger. It hit the blue one slightly as she tumbled and fell to the floor. She hissed and mumbled something Jondalar couldn't quite catch. He began to load his pistol once more, when the red one stepped in front, holding what seemed to be a stolen sword, and took on a defensive position.

 

Jondalar paused and lifted his pistol up along with his hands. "Stop. Angels. We mean no harm."

"Angels?" The red one said. Never did Jondalar think women would look good in men's clothing, but his navy uniform suited her well. "We're no angels."

"Let's compromise, shall we?" Jondalar tossed his pistol on the ground and ordered the rest of his hostile crew to remain idle. "I'm Captain Jondalar of the Atlas Navy Fleet. This is my crew. Right now you're aboard the Atlas Ship Ifrit. You are welcome, but only if you dismiss your aggressive state." Jondalar put too much trust into the two girls, but he had a strange feeling about them.

Silence took over for a moment. The waves crashing onto the ship and the gulls gawking up above. The two women engaged in a quiet conversation before the red one yelled once again. "I have a couple questions. After you answer them, we'll drop our weapons."

"Shoot."

"What year is it?"

Jondalar could hear the scoffs and chuckles from his crew. This was the first time someone had asked him what year it was.

"Stupid angels if ya ask me mate." Degos chuckled.

"It is September 20 of 1718." Jondalar calmly replied. "If I may offer more information, you two fell from the sky last night and crashed into the ocean. Are you sure you're not angels? We picked you up from the waters and drafted you onto our ship. So I ask, you dismiss your weapons."

Rosie looked at Jessica with a mixed expression. September 20, 1718. This was their reality now.

"They picked us up from the sea. They're from the military. I don't think they're bad people, Jessica." Rosie began to lower her weapon, much to Jondalar's relief. When Jessica didn't reply, Rosie leaned down and extended a hand out.

"Sorry, I'm still trying to process this 'we-traveled-back-in-time' thing. You sure this isn't all a prank?"

"Jessica..you remember the dust. This can't be a prank. And if it is, we'll kick whoever's we need to as revenge for taking Ember." Jessica frowned, remembering the reality of their daughter. "We don't really have a choice here. I'm glad they found us, if anything. It's better than spawning at a forest with absolutely no idea. Besides, if they try anything, I'll be there to protect you, okay? We're about..three hundred years ahead. Technically, I'm three hundred years better than them."

"That's not how it works, you dolt." Jessica's smile was lopsided. "And protect me? Hmpf. You seem to be forgetting that I can fight myself."

"Alright alright." Rosie laughed before kissing her wife. She turned her attention to the crew and dropped her weapon. Jondalar frowned. Two women kissing? What else can they do to surprise him..?

"Should we tell them we're from the future?" Rosie whispered. Jessica pondered for a moment before shaking her head. "If this is truly the past, whatever we do might affect the future. It's best we don't do anything. They think we're angels. I suppose we can go along with that."

"Well, technically you are. I mean, you are my angel." Rosie said. Jessica groaned.

"Will you stop? They're glaring at us! Hurry up and talk!" Jessica pushed her wife ahead.

"We're sorry about the..uh.." She glanced at the hole Jessica's glyph made. "Hole. We'll fix that."

"What's your name, lad?" Jondalar said, daring a step closer.

"I'm Rosie." She said pointing at herself before moving her finger. "This is my wife, Jessica."

"Wife?" Jondalar paused. "That's blasphemous! Certainly, not true."

"No, we come from a uh.." Rosie fumbled around with her words. "Different..idea.."

"I see. Well, whatever your journey is, I'll be happy to assist." He closed the distance between them. Though he still felt a little tacky about the two women, he decided perhaps it was fate itself. Rosie wasn't nervous. She knew she could defeat all of them at once, if she really wanted to. The two extended their hands and clasped together a handshake.


X X X

"I apologize for not having any feminine clothing to offer you fine ladies." Jondalar commented handing them a change of clothing. "As you may have noticed, there are no women aboard this ship."

"Nah, it's all good." Rosie commented slipping her feet into some leather boots. Jondalar had to pause and interpret her words properly. They talked in a vicious way and was anything less than formal.

"Will you tell me about yourselves?" He placed his hands behind his back. "I'm all ears to anything you are willing to share."

"Yeah but can we, like, get out of here first?" Jessica's face grimaced. "I can't get use to that..rotten smell." He took a deep breath of air in and smelled nothing. Perhaps he was use to it, but he shrugged and tipped his hat. "Right this way."

He lead them above the deck, explaining a few things himself. How they had gotten separated from the main fleet and were trying to head home. "Where are we right now?" Jessica asked.

"I'm afraid I cannot answer that question, for I do not know myself. We have been lost at sea for a number of days now."

"How do you navigate around?" Rosie tilted her head back looking a the night sky. opened at it's beauty. She had never seen the stars so real before. The light from the city caused light pollution and the only blinking lights were the airships up above. She had never seen mother nature so...pure.

"It's..beautiful." Jessica lost her breath at it's magnificent scenery. "I suppose you navigate via stars?"

"Via?"

"Oh, I mean, by positions of the stars?"

"Yes. Celestial navigation."

"I see." Jessica strolled around the deck, enjoying the peacefulness of the sea. "You said you were trying to go back home to Atlas?"

"Correct."

Jessica hummed. "We're not so faraway. We just passed a few islands. They're from the Dragon Wing continent. Point this ship North West, and I say, at the rate of how slow this ship is, a week's time. Maybe two."

"Dragon Wing?" Jondalar hissed. "I can't believe I let my crew near those disgusting faunus islands."

"Faunus aren't bad people, just misunderstood."

"I do not know where you came from. But in this world, they are nothing but the most vile creatures to walk upon this earth!" He said raising his voice. But he was once again dumbfounded by the reaction of the two.

They held hands as they looked up, remembering a certain cat faunus from their time before replying gently, "No. Faunus aren't bad people."

X X X


It had been more than a couple weeks since the two arrived onto this time period. The crew and the time traveling couple got along fairly well. Some praised Jessica for her glorious looks while the more rowdy ones enjoyed Rosie's adventures and ideas of fun. They were also very open to their strange relationship.

Jessica taught the engineers of the ship how to navigate properly. What a ship should be like, and how dust could be used to propel it. Apparently, dust was only for the wealthy folks, kept only as a trophy. Jondalar nearly fainted when he saw Jessica smashing his most prized dust crystal into pieces. But when he saw what she was able to do with it, he was more than happy and pleased.

Rosie taught them how to fight properly. She was sad that she didn't have her scythe. Explaining what a high-caliber sniper scythe was did nothing but confuse her crowd. Jondalar allowed her to keep his long sword. Rosie wasn't as good with swords as Jessica was, but being more advanced due to their 300 year difference, everything basic she did was incredible to everyone else.

But what surprised the crew the most was -- Jessica's cure for scurvy.

Scurvy had been a long term problem for centuries. When they docked an island looking for supplies and fresh food, Jessica sighted wild oranges and told Jondalar to feed them to his crew. They were confused at first, but after a few days, the wild oranges did their magic as they began to heal everyone at an alarming rate.

"Are you sure you're not angels?" Jondalar repeated once more as he watched his youngest sailor smile with happiness. "You just healed my entire crew of scurvy! I cannot thank you enough. I will do anything to assist you in your journey."

"Actually..there is one thing." Jessica put on a serious face. "We're looking for someone. Our daughter. Her name is Ember."

"Then I shall help you search for her. Once we dock, that will be the only thing I do." He smiled, reassuring the worried mother. As they approached the top deck, Jessica had to duck to avoid Rosie's high kick.

"Rosie!" Jessica shouted. "You get down from there this instant!" Rosie's smile was brighter than the sun as she swung around from side to side with one of the ropes hanging from the mast. Jessica had to stop and stare for a bit.

Jessica's use of glyphs seemed all so magical to the crew and she only used them if she really needed to. She pointed at Rosie, intending to stop the girl's ruckus with her glyphs when she saw her wife's face drop.

"...land.." Rosie muttered. "Land..land..LAND!!" She pointed in a distance garnering everyone's attention. There, in a distance, was visible land.

At last.

The Atlas Seaport.

X X X


(Author's Notes Rants) *WARNING. ANGRY WEISS_KNIGHT AHEAD*

Normally I'd start off by apologizing for not updating but you know what YOU I am 99.98% done with this website's demanding readers god damn I hate it. Why can't some readers read some extra ing author's notes, like, how ing lazy can you get. Why do some people skim through hardly written passages? If you don't want to read and enjoy it THEN DON'T ING READ IT. Same with them silent readers like jesus it's just a comment, one ing comment. Or a ing upvote and you can't ing do it. God. Do you know how ing long it takes me to write one chapter? You think chapters come out of my easily as a does?

Writing is like being constipated. It takes ing time and sometimes you just wanna give up and accept your fate. Authors get so disrepected here I ing hate it. If I didn't love my stories I would have stopped updating a long ing time ago. Now I gotta put the pictures in the ing story because some es don't bother to scroll down and read the rest. God. You know who you ing are. 

Am I calling you out? Yes. Do I give a ? No.

Here's a straw go my .

 

Yeah yeah now go ahead and comment saying, "What the . You're a ty author. Calm the down." but you know what I don't give a anymore. You see that flying in the sky? It's mine. Go grab it you ungrateful buttered popcorn.

Hate on me all you want. I'm tired of some people's s. I might not even ing continue this sequel anymore. What's the ing point if I got 700+ subscribers when I only get feedback from a few ing people. I might as well write for myself.

"Update author." Update update upda-GO YOURSELF.

 

Anyways. Now that's out of the way. I'd like to talk to the readers WHO ACTUALLY ING CARE.

It's all thanks to http://ailtern.tumblr.com/ for allowing me to use his pirate fanarts of RWBY for this fanfic!

http://xenon54165.deviantart.com/art/RWBY-Pirate-AU-443416269

 

I'VE GOT A JAR OF DIRT YOU DENSE MOTHER ERS

AND FOR SAKE QUIT ASKING FOR A CONTINUATION OF FREE RUNNER

I UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE ASK FOR UPDATES BECAUSE THEY REALLY LIKE MY STORY BUT QUIT DEMANDING OUT OF AUTHORS LIKE THEY OWE YOU A FAVOR