Your birthday.

Run away.

When you wake up, you see that Lay and Chen aren't in their beds anymore. You go to the bathroom, going through your same morning routine. You just wear some sleep-shorts and a top. When you were still new here, you always changed your clothes in jeans and a t-shirt right after you woke up, but because you feel comfortable around them since a long time now, you just wear your pyjama. You look in the mirror and smile a bit.
It's your birthday today.
Of course you're happy about it, but you are not really excited like others are on their birthday. Every birthday reminds you that you made it another year and that's something you can be truly proud about. But you never celebrated your birthday and you don't care if it's just stay the same this year.

You go in the kitchen and see EXO preparing the breakfast.
"Good morning." you say and smile.
"Good morning, sunshine." Kai says and smiles back.
They always give you cute nicknames so you should probably be used to it already but you still want to scream out of happiness everytime they do it.
The breakfast is just like everyday. They're talking about random things and you play some games on your new phone since you're already done eating.
"So, who will clean the dishes today?" Kris asks.
"I can do it." you answer.
They all just nod and go out of the room.
You can feel a little sting in your chest as you're left alone in the kitchen, cleaning the dishes. Okay honestly, what did you expect? A birthday party? Why should they even put their efforts in doing that. They probably already forgot about it. You keep on telling yourself that you shouldn't care but that feeling doesn't go away at all.
When you're done, you walk into the living room, to check what they are doing, but nobody is there. You wonder where they could be until somebody starts singing behind you.
                                              "Saengil chukha hamnida
                                               saengil chukha hamnida
                                               sarangha neun sunshine
                                               saengil chukha hamnida."

                                            
You turn around and see the group of boys singing and holding a huge cake in their hands.
They place the cake on the table and then they all give you long and tight hugs. You feel so touched that you are actually tearing up.
 They really remembered your birthday.
"Happy birthday, sunshine." they say in unison.
"You really remembered it?" you whisper.
"Of course we did. We told you that birthdays are important to us and since you are imporant to us too, we would never forget about it." Baekhyun smiles.
You look at the huge chocolate cake. They wrote "Happy birthday, sunshine." with frosting on it.
"Did you bake this?" you ask owerwhelmed.
"Yes. We really hope that it's going to taste good, because you should know that we aren't really good at baking." Suho says.
"We should try the cake now." Chanyeol suggests.
You nod and then you all go back to the kitchen. Chen cuts the cake in small pieces and puts it on plates.
"The cake tastes amazing!" you state.
"We're glad that you like it." Lay smiles.
The whole day was really nice. You went to the movies and watched an action movie and after that you went in a restaurant. You returned a few minutes ago. The sun is setting and Kris suddenly says "Let's go in our garden, we still have a surprise for you."
 So you follow them, really excited for what the other surprise could be. When you are finally outside you can't believe your eyes.
13 wooden chairs are circled around many branches and wood. There is even a screen, but you can't exactly figure out why. But the best is the fact that there are many blankets and pillows on the grass. You have never seen so many blankets before.
"I'm speechless." is the only thing you could say.
"We are going to have a camp fire, just like at the beach. Including the marshmallows." Sehun chuckles.
"And we will show you something on the screen." Luhan smiles.
"And after that, we are going to sleep outside. We got all blankets we could find, so it won't be too cold." Xiumin adds.
"I don't know what to say." You turn around and hug all of them again, whispering "Thank you."
You all find a chair to sit on and this time D.O makes the fire. When the wood finally burns, Baekhyun hands everyone some marshmallows.
"We will show you now why we brought the screen here, okay?" Kai asks.
You nod. Suddenly a photo appears on the screen. It's you. It's the photo Chanyeol took when you were at the beach. You have your flower in you hair. In the background, the song --- of --- is playing. It's the song you showed the boys at the beach and they obviously like it. The next picture is the photo where all of you can be seen and the following photo is the one where you do funny faces. In this "presentation" are even some pictures which you didn't know they had been taken, like one where you splash each other with water. Then a video starts. It's where you all were in the water and playing the water fight. Probably one who couldn't join the round recorded this, but you didn't realize it since you were busy with pushing each other. The other video was at the camp fire. It's the part where you sing. When you realize that, you cover your face with your hands because it's so embarassing. You hope that they won't show anybody that video. The last picture was the photo which Chanyeol took right after he told you that joke and you laughed. This was his favorite picture. Somebody edited this photo and wrote something on it:


                                                  "Never lose your beautiful smile."


You feel some tears building in your eyes. You are completly overwhelmed.
"I really don't know what to say. I'm so speechless." you whisper, but loud enough that all can hear you.
"You don't need to say anything." Lay says with a smile.
"We hope you liked it." Tao adds.
"I can't even describe how much I love it. I thank you so, so much. For everything." you answer.
"You don't need to thank us, really." Kris says.
"Yes, because we need to thank you for making us happy." Sehun says with a big smile.
                                                      ❀  ❀  ❀  ❀
While the others start to find a place where they will sleep on the blanket, Lay gives you something wrapped in purple paper and a bow on top.
"I don't want any other presents, Lay. This here is the best present I have ever got and it probably will always be the best." you say.
"It's nothing special. Come on, open it." he answers.
You open the present and it's Lay's grey, huge sweater which you always wore on the beach.
"Lay,  but that's your favorite sweater." you say, holding the sweater in front of his face.
"It's okay. I can always buy a new one. To see you happy is the most important thing." he smiles. "You are happy, right?" he asks.
"More than you can imagine." you say while hugging him tightly.
The 12 boys and you are lying on the huge blanket on the grass now. You looked at the stars for a very long time, but because it's really late already, they eventually fell asleep. But well, you couldn't and you really don't know why. You just continue looking at the stars and listen to the small, cute snorres which sometimes come up from one of the members. On your left side Chanyeol lies beside you and on your right Suho. You don't feel cold, since they gave you 3 blankets because they really don't want you to get sick again. Kris even wanted to give you his blanket too, but you really didn't want it.
"You should sleep, you know. It's pretty late." you hear somebody whispering in your ear.
You turn to the left and your nose almost touched Chanyeol's.
"Well, I could tell you the same." you chuckle.
"Why aren't you sleeping yet?" he asks.
"I don't really know. How about you?" you ask too.
"I had a nightmare." he answers.
"Really? Do you want to tell me about it?" you ask.
He slightly nods and starts talking.
"I dreamed that you are gone, that you aren't lying next to me anymore. I stood up and looked after you, but I couldn't find you anywhere. Then I woke up and immediately turned around to check if you are still there, and then I saw you looking at the stars." he tells you.
"Oh, well. That dream isn't really that bad." you whisper.
"For me it was the worst. I don't want you to be gone. Never." he whispers back.
You are touched by his words. You realize that you two are still in the same position, your faces so close that you almost touch each others nose, feeling the breath of the other. Suddenly he comes a bit closer and touches your nose with his and moves his face from left to right.
When he stops, he whispers
"Eskimo kiss." with a huge smile.
"Yes I know." you say while blushing.
"By the way, I don't have your phone number yet. You know, you should have our numbers in case of an emergency." he says while he gets his phone from his pocket.
You slowly tell him your number and you watch him how he slowly types it. You rest your head on his shoulder and look at his phone. You think that he will save you just with your name, but he saves you as "Flowergirl"
"Why flowergirl?" you smile.
"Because I remember putting flowers in your hair the whole time and everytime you would beam at me in such a beautiful way that it left me speechless." he answers with a smile.
Chanyeol goes back to his home screen and then you see that he set the photo of you two as his wallpaper since you sent it to him a while ago.
He looks at you and sees that you're smiling again.
"Have some sleep now, okay?
You nod and close your eyes, your head still resting on his shoulder. After a few moments something comes in your mind. You open your eyes, turn your face to Chanyeol's face and give him an eskimo kiss and lie back on his shoulder.


Has been over half a year since the last time I updated sigh. I told myself "Nobody reads it anyways, so why should I update?" Anyways, I decided to keep on doing it!! ☺ All I have to say is that this fanfic is going to take a preeeeetty big turn really soon and will go down tbh. hehe. thank you for reading ♥