Vacation Koala

Romantic Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They had no sense of time while in the flight. But they had been in the air for less than an hour since they departed after midnight.

Yet the Jungs, Kims and Parks occupying the economy class were far from resting. They were working, watching an in-flight video or eating.

Heechul squirmed every few seconds while scribbling in her latest campaign book. Hankyung had given up on his work to observe Heechul fidget. "You should walk a bit. Stretch your muscles." Hankyung whispered, unbuckling his seatbelt so he could stand up himself.

"I'm fine. Just short on leg room." Heechul dismissed, a little, maybe more, agitated as she drew a big red line across an entire page.

"You know we have no choice. It was a last minute holiday and we could only get economy seats for all of us on this flight."

"Not all of us." Hankyung knocked his knee against hers in chastisement and growled lowly.

"Don't start whining Kim Heechul. We all agreed to let Junsu take the available business class seat because of her sprained leg."

"I wasn't talking about Junsu." Hankyung let out an incoherent appalled sound under his breath.

"Yah! You were the one who said Changmin should be in the business class."

"He can't be there alone with Junsu. He's one!"

"He's with Jaejoong."

"He could've been with me just fine." Before Hankyung could go on a mini rant a green frog neck pillow plopped on Heechul's open tray from the seat in front. "You left your pillow in my bag." Leeteuk, who's sitting with Kangin in the front spoke a little louder than Hankyung was trying to. She turned around fully to speak over the seat. "Thank you for whispering for our benefit but everyone can hear Heechul sell out her daughter."

Leeteuk gestured at their work in agitation. "Clear up and get some rest. Come on guys! This is a vacation. No work." As she spoke she smacked Kangin beside her to make him put his work away too. Leeteuk snapped her fingers and called the rest of the gang's attention occupying the middle section of the flight. "You lot there. Sleep. Now." At Leeteuk's command Yoona and Eunhye made Yunho and Yoochun next to them put away their iPads and papers. Seunggi and Yoowhan in front of them had put down their work a long time ago but had been chatting about the market for a while.

Yunho was putting a movie for himself when a flight attendant entered from the business class. Yunho had a feeling it's something to do with him and waited. He watched the attendant whisper something to her colleague then walk over to Yoowhan's seat.

As the attendant said something to Yoowhan and Seunggi a baby's cry was heard from the front of the aircraft. A couple of groans were heard from the back followed by grumbling about babies and flights.

Yunho was already unbuckling his seatbelt as Yoowhan told the attendant, "That's Jung Yunho. We exchanged seats." Yunho straightened up in his seat when Yoowhan pointed at him. The attendant came over to his seat and crouched low to whisper softly, "Mr. Jung, your wife has asked if you have your son's bag." Another shrill cry cut through the confines of the aircraft and this time Yunho knows his son's in a very bad mood.

"Oh God! Did I carry Min's bag?" A flustered Yunho asked his and Jaejoong's parents. "Omo! Was it the green bag? I had it. Quick! In the cabin." Yoona pointed at the overhead cabin above her seat and Seunggi was already fetching the bag.

"Mr. Jung, your son's having a bout of air sickness. Your wife has asked for you." Yunho went pale when he heard that. He grabbed Changmin's bag from Seunggi and hurried to the first class section. He didn't even notice the other flight attendant calling for him.

Yunho went to the seat he left Jaejoong in before the flight took off. "Hey!" He said breathlessly like he ran a marathon. Jaejoong shot him a smile while trying to hush Changmin. The one-year-old's big watery eyes found Yunho and he let out a whimper between hiccups.

"Hi... do you have the bag?" Yunho nodded and put the bag on the tray table Junsu had pulled out. Junsu immediately pulled out tissues from the front pouch and wiped Changmin's mouth while Jaejoong tried to hush him. "He woke up a while ago." Jaejoong whispered to Yunho who crouched beside her seat. "I didn't realize because he was so quiet. By the time I did, he threw up."

The plane jerked a bit, not too much to disturb adults but enough to hurt the ears of one airsick toddler. Changmin's face scrunched up and he was about to break into another cry before Yunho placed a warm hand on his stomach, not minding the stickiness on Changmin's shirt. "Okay, okay. It was nothing." Yunho rubbed Changmin's stomach a bit than pressed his palm against Changmin's ear.

The attendant from earlier came with a cup of water. "Mrs. Jung, here's the warm water you asked for." She turned to Yunho politely, "Mr. Jung, I'm afraid you have to get back to your seat soon. We're experiencing some turbulence and the pilot has the seatbelt sign."

"Give me a minute." Yunho plucked Changmin from Jaejoong's lap and held him to keep his one ear presses against his shoulder and other covered by his hand. "I'll help you change him." Jaejoong agreed and got a change of clean pyjamas from Changmin's bag before following Yunho to the bathroom the flight attendant directed them to.

15 minutes later, Yunho stepped out with Changmin hiccuping against his shoulder. Jaejoong put a blanket on him and held a bottle of warm water against his mouth. "I'll have to feed him again. He practically emptied his stomach."

Jaejoong tried to pick up Changmin but the boy whined and clutched Yunho's shirt with a whine. "Oh... I guess he's not hungry."

"Let's not force him. He’ll eat when he's hungry anyway." Yunho nudged Jaejoong to walk ahead of him while he followed with Changmin.

When they reached Junsu and her seats they were surprised to find Yoochun seated in Jaejoong's seat. "Grabbed the opportunity to stick to Junsu didn't you?" Jaejoong teased both of them.

"That is but obvious. However I'm here for a more nobler cause." Yoochun pointed a thumb in the direction of the economy class. "The grandparents are worried about Min. So they kicked me out and want the three of you there."

"They have Minnie's bag and there's a bottle of milk at Yunho's seat." Since it's Kim Heechul among the grandparents Yunho and Jaejoong had to agree and walked to the back of the aircraft.

"Hmm.... that's a curious sight." Yoochun remarked while twisting his body to observe Yunho till he disappeared.

"What is?" Inquired Junsu, snuggling his arm in the process. "I've never seen Changmin cling to anyone other than Jaejoong."

~~~

They are spending the night at a home the Parks own in Singapore before they head to the port tomorrow. Since it's just for a day, they opted to stay at the large apartment Yoochun and his parents use when they are in the country for business.

But not being a hotel means there's no room service and there isn't enough food to feed a dozen people and Changmin.

"Ugh! I hate chips." Heechul grumbled even as she stuffed more chips into .

"Why is the kitchen filled with only chips and beer?" Kangin asked Yoowhan.

"Yoochun was here last." Shrugged the older Park but flinched when a hand landed on his shoulder.

"You were here last." Eunhye growled. "Doesn't matter. Yoochun is heading to Jurong to get enough food for all of us till tomorrow."

Just as she said that Yoochun passed by the dining area towards the door. "You can't carry all that." Yoowhan said a little panicky imagining Yoochun under the burden of a hundred ramen cups. "I'll come with."

"I'm not alone dad." Yoochun stopped him before his dad came along because the man will only buy more chips. "Yunho is coming too."

"Us too!" Jaejoong skipped behind Yunho holding an armful of fussy Changmin. "Daaa~" Changmin tried to grab Yunho's hair while Jaejoong struggled to keep him steady. But the hungry lot didn't notice Changmin nearly kicking Jaejoong in the face to go to Yunho.

"Don't forget the tape for Junsu's leg." After Hankyung reminded them everyone fired a list of things they wanted. By the time the four of them were out the door they had a laundry list of stuff to get.

"Do we really have to get 'only red M&Ms'?" Yunho read out from the list on his phone. "You can disregard my dad's list." Yoochun chuckled. "I hope you guys are fine with the MRT. It would be faster."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter