Make Up Your Mind

Romantic Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Make Up Your Mind

It was one warm night that Jaejoong finally made up her mind. And the person to whom it is concerned is not the one in front of her. just how did she land up here, with this aching urge to run off to him.

2 Days Ago

Jaejoong and Junsu were in the cafeteria talking about this and that. Junsu notices the basketball team returning from their practice but didn’t say anything.

“Ow!” Jaejoong yelped when her ponytail was tugged. She did a full twirl and finally met those mischievous almond eyes.

Yunho walked to his usual table with his teammates with a mousey teasing expression. When Jaejoong pouted, Yunho waved back at her.

“Aigoo so cute!” Junsu squeaked and playfully tugged Jaejoong’s hair too only for her hands to be slapped away. Their sisterly silliness continued till they heard someone clear their throat next to them.

Jaejoong and Junsu looked at Mun Jiyoung, their classmate from the music club and a year younger. they rarely speak to him if not about music. So when they find it odd that he’s here, they don’t voice it.

“Sunbae, can I sit here?” Jiyoung asks with forever-pleasant smile. Seeing no harm in it, Jaejoong gestured to the seat opposite them and he’s settled in immediately.

For a while, the two girls try to ignore the awkward tension with Jiyoung staring so intently and not touching his food. “Kim Sunbae, can I ask you something?”

Junsu and Jaejoong exchanged a look before Junsu asked, “which one?”

“Umm… Jaejoong-ssi…” Jiyoung’s little gaffe made him visibly nervous.

Jaejoong as usual couldn’t read into his expression and shrugged, “sure.”

“Would you go out with me?” His sudden confession didn’t seem to have an impact Jaejoong while Junsu choked on her food.

“Go out where?” Jaejoong looked at the window next to them, the scenery outside distorted by the summer showers, “it’s still raining and I didn’t get my umbrella.”

“Joongie~” Junsu squeak/whispered, “he means it like those Hollywood movies.”

“Oh…” Jaejoong blinked and then, “Oooh~” she cringed at the thought, “I don’t think I should.”

“It’s because of Jung Yunho right?” the drop of honorifics when referring to Yunho was not missed by her.

“yeah.” She simply stated.

“but isn’t it also true that you two technically aren’t together?” was Jiyoung’s attorney-like statement and she’s suddenly reminded that he comes from a family of attorneys.

“Y-yeah…” she fidgets at the response feeling cornered for some reason.

“and he hangs out with other women too?” they cling to an unwilling Yunho, is what she wants to say but finds herself nodding instead.  “it’s just one date. I think I deserve the chance. I’ll accept whatever response you give after that.”

Hankyung once warned Jaejoong that playing hard to get could land her in trouble. But he meant that Yunho could lose interest, not that others would gain interest in her because of her situation. And he’s making it sound like he has been legally wronged by her and deserves a fair opportunity.

With a sigh, Jaejoong nodded, “fine, just one date.” After that, she didn’t notice Junsu sputtering or Jiyoung and some other males getting excited.

~~~

Yoochun was running around like a headless chicken looking for his friend. Who would’ve thought he’d find Yunho in the last place Yunho would be.

“The are you doing in a library?!” Yunho shrieked ignoring the shushing warnings by the others.

“have to finish this paper.” Yunho replies in a low voice, not even looking at his friend.

“really, coz you look close to becoming a hermit.” Yoochun yelled again and this time got a warning from the librarian.

Annoyed, Yunho took his stuff and dragged Yoochun out of the library. They were only at the stairs when Yunho let go and looked at him in irritation, “If you’re here to tell me about Jaejoong’s date, don’t bother. The whole school knows about it, of course I heard about it too.”

“And aren’t you going to do something about it?” Yoochun wanted to shake Yunho, that’s how frustrated he was.

“What am I supposed to do?” was Yunho’s simple question which had Yoochun stumped, “it’s Jaejoong’s life, and it’s not like we’re really dating. It may look like it but it’s as ambiguous as it gets. She’s cheating on me and I have no right over her.”

“And are you going to just leave it at that? That Mun kid is not the only one. He somehow opened a flood gate and now every guy who has a crush on Jaejoong but too scared of you is going to take advantage of this one little technicality.”

“Don’t worry. I trust Jaejoong, and I have faith in myself.” Yunho had a smirk on his face that made even Yoochun’s face flush at his coolness, “Jaejoong will be mine. I guarantee that.”

~~~

Hankyung had returned from his morning jog when he saw his daughter putting on her shoes by the front door.

“Where you off to so early?” He asked chuckling at her helplessness tying shoelaces. No matter what she did, the ends would be too long and she’d end up tripping over them later. He crouched in front of her and tied the laces.

“A date…” He looked at her momentarily hearing the morose tone and indeed she looked depressed.

“You don’t want to go on a date with Yunho?”

“It’s not Yunho…it’s some other guy.”

Well, that explains her sulky mood. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter