Waiting

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the silliest one of all?

Gosh, what a nuisance! I groaned inwardly for what felt like umpteenth time. I couldn´t take it anymore, the guy is impossible. What does he expect?! That when he decides, he will become an immediate star or what?!

“Hyukjae, I´m bored,” Donghae whined making my blood boil.

We were sitting in my friend´s office. Unfortunately he was out of the building right now but he allowed us to wait here for him before he returns. This friend of mine is a manager in very high position in an entertainment company. Donghae is honestly too lucky that I have so many strange connections. If only the bastard knew how to appreciate that.

“Why is it taking so long?” The smaller male added oil to the fire.

I can´t believe he dares to even complain. It´s not like he´s losing his precious time. For what I know, he could sleep through the whole day and nothing would happen. He doesn´t have any responsibilities after all. It´s me, who had to take a half-day leave from work. I wish I could just slap that idiot, but that would be against all my principles. I´m a well-mannered guy and although Donghae´s and mine relationship started to say the least in a very intimate way, I still preferred to treat him like an acquaintance the most. We weren´t even friends.

“Why would he agree to meet us when he´s busy,” Donghae pouted and finally I was losing my patience.

I was about to jump at him and strangle him to death with my own tie when a man entered the office. He was as tall as me and only a little less skinny than me. His blonde hair was neatly brushed to the side and the suit fitted him perfectly. He apologised for making us wait and sat behind his huge wooden table.

“So what can I do for you, Hyukkie?” He said with a huge smile, apparently happy to see me again.

“Hyukkie?” Donghae chuckled next to me after hearing the cute way I was called. But my calm attitude was back again so I was able to ignore him completely now.

“There is something I would like you to help me with, Teukie hyung. Or at least give it a go,” I started, returning the charming man the smile.

“And that would be?” Hyung asked and his eyes went to the guy sitting next to me. That´s right, hyung. That´s the troublemaker.

“This is Lee Donghae,” I pointed to my right, “who has aspirations to be a musician. But I have no idea whether he has the talent or not,” I chuckled while my hyung only nodded in amusement. “Still I would be happy, if you could find him a job, even not music related because he needs to pay the bills,” I added and heard the man beside me groan. Quiet, scum, no longer you are going around living off of me! Kekeke.

“I see,” Teukie hyung thought for a while, “but you know, Hyuk-ah, I shouldn´t be biased, that´s unprofessional.”

“Don´t worry, I understand,” I smiled at him, “that´s why if you don´t find him talented enough, you can make him wipe floors in the studio.”

“Hey, I´m not some kind of selling goods for you to decide that!” Donghae suddenly protested but ended up ignored by us. Wake up, ; you have no say in the matter.

“Alright then,” Teukie hyung nodded his head and stood up, “let´s go downstairs and check it right away. I guess you have to go back to work, don´t you?”

“Yeah, I´m almost running late already,” I admitted and for the first time I saw Donghae bite his lip with guilty eyes. Did he finally realise my situation? I had to smile.

We took a lift and went downstairs where a few recording studios were placed. We walked down the corridor and Donghae couldn´t help but peek through every glass door. I could tell he was fascinated by everything because his eyes were shining impossibly bright. Seems like this really might be the right place for him.

We stopped in front of one of the doors and the blond male knocked on the wood. After a while another male opened the door and his first glance went at me. I almost burst out laughing because the boy was apparently shocked by my hairstyle. I´m sure many strange entertainers walk down these hallways but not many wear pink hair. I felt stupidly proud.

“Hey, Henry,” hyung woke up the young man from his state of shock, “I would like to check something, could you spare us a minute or two?”

“Yeah,” he said in a foreign accent, “you´re welcome, boss.” He opened the doors wider and we all entered, Henry still couldn´t keep his eyes off of my hair.

We entered the small studio and my eyes wandered all around. It was much better than the last time I was here. Don´t think I was singing, no way. But one of the songwriters needed to fill for the rap part at three o´clock in the morning. There weren´t anyone suitable accept for two drunk guys in Teuk´s office. Yes, me and him. So I got forced to record it and surprisingly it turned out well. But this time it was Donghae standing behind the glass with the mike in front of him. He looked a little bit confused so I didn´t expect too much from him.

“Lee Gwang-jo's ´You’re Too Far Away to Get Close to´, it´s a strange choice of song but whatever,“ Teukie hyung announced and ordered Henry to play the song. I chuckled because I was only soon to be born when the song was released. The only reason I know the song is because my mom likes it a lot, it reminds her of the time she was pregnant with me. Indeed, Donghae is a little outdated.

But soon I was forced to become serious. Well, it was about time to start treating Donghae differently. Now I had a proof that the boy wasn´t totally useless afterall. No, scratch that, he was absolutely perfect at the moment. A honey like voice filled the recording studio making us all forget about everything else. Donghae was an excellent singer and although his pronunciation lacked a lot, his voice and perfection with which he performed every single tone made up for it. Even if I wasn´t educated musically, I could feel the emotions he was putting into his singing. That would be an understatement to be correct; my body was almost shaking with the force of the feelings in the air. Since when did I become so sensitive anyway? Don´t tell me it´s that ed up Donghae´s magic again.

At one point the black haired boy raised his head and opened his dark eyes. He was looking at me through the glass and I was suddenly reminded of the same scene happening when he was closed inside the mirror. But this time it was different. He was looking at me with those deep fantastic eyes and I was suddenly glad there was at least the glass between us. And just like before I was unable to look away, which was the worst because my body was once again becoming hot and uncontrollable. Fortunately the song had ended at that moment and Donghae´s expression changed into his usual dumb one.

“I guess your fried just earned himself a job,” hyung commented. I could only stupidly nod, still out of myself again thanks to the dangerous man behind the glass.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Donghae´s on the roll again and poor Hyukjae doesn´t know what to do anymore. :D Gosh, suju are moving here to Europe. So close, yet so far T_T Thank you for reading and commenting! - PandaHero