Hitting on

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the silliest one of all?

„Come with me outside,” I ordered.

Donghae still had that confident and serious expression but his eyes were giving him away. He was panicking inside but it wouldn´t help him a bit. I was angry, mad with fury. And the latter could feel it because he stood up from his place and obediently followed me outside.

The beautiful morning suddenly darkened and even the sky could feel the tension because the clouds covered it whole. The cold winter breeze was hitting my face as I was standing with my back turned to Donghae. I heard him breathe in a few times as to start a sentence but he never gained enough courage to actually speak up.

And then I finally snapped. I spun around in an incredible speed and punched the guy with a force I never knew I had in me. Donghae groaned in pain and fell down on his . He was holding his face and his eyes were shut tight. And do you know what? At that moment I didn´t even feel sorry for him.

I didn´t understand the reason he did it. Did he caught up this fast? The idea that I would find myself a girl and make him leave? Or was it just out of malice or some kind of revenge for all the things I did? Maybe he wasn´t as nice as I took him for. Whatever the reason was, his behaviour crossed the line ultimately. Eunji must have been hurt by that and I wasn´t anything else but serious with her this time. And I myself was hurt too, so much for looking forward to today.

“Hyukjae,” Donghae said but his voice came out a little funny because he was still holding his face.

“ off,” I only replied darkly and my heel to walk away towards the park.

I knew what would happen, it´s always like that. He would look at me with those puppy eyes and apologize in tears. I would feel immediately guilty and instead of sulking I would jump around the raven head to make him happier again. I was the biggest idiot walking the Earth and no one could take that title away from me anymore. I heard quick footsteps behind me and heavy breaths. Donghae must be following me, I can´t turn around or else my resolution will crumble.

Then a hand landed on my shoulder and wanted to slap myself because I turned around. But surprisingly it wasn´t Donghae standing behind me but a guy in barista uniform. He ran all the way from the café after me, I guess I must have forgotten something.

“Sir, I´m sorry but you have to pay before leaving,” the boy told me while trying to catch his breath.

“Pay? But we didn´t manage to order anything before leaving,” I answered frowning. I didn´t even have a chance to ask Eunji, what she wanted to eat. Sad, really.

“Um, but the guy said you were paying for him,” the boy was now looking a little less than dismayed.

“What guy?” I was already getting an idea and I wasn´t liking it a bit.

“Well, kinda short, black hair, blue jacket,” the barista was trying to remember, ”and, um, strange eyes.” He looked at me expectantly. I noticed him shiver in the cold; he was wearing only his uniform so I paid for Donghae´s coffee and even added a little tip. It wasn´t the boy´s fault that we made such a mess around the café. I gave him a small smile and sent him back.

Then I continued walking through the park. Honestly, I felt so betrayed at the moment that I didn´t even know what to do now. And I was hungry too; there was no chance to get a proper meal today which absolutely destroyed any possibilities for me to feel any better in the next hours or days. Yep, I´m going to dye my hair black, let´s go all out for emo. I changed my direction and continued walking towards the nearest hair salon.

Gosh, I´m so tired, I spent whole last night by thinking about today´s date, how it all could have gone so wrong? I was prepared for a great future. I had a proper job, nice apartment and money to spend. I could make any girl happy, so why? And why because of Donghae? Couldn´t it have been my own uselessness or stupidity that made Eunji go away? Why did it have to be done so cruelly and by someone so unexpected? I sighed and continued walking down the street.

I exited the park and went to look around the shops on the main street. When I found a hairdresser, I quickly dove inside. The room was small but stylish with a little dark green couch and various photos of the city hanged on the walls. This place was just my style and I was sure, I would be content with the service too.

“Hello, can I help you?” A short man in his late thirties or early forties came out of the back room.

“Um, I would like to dye my hair black,” I said a little too dejectedly. The man clearly noticed that and I knew he would ask me some useless questions.

“Of course, no problem, sir,” he gestured me to sit on an empty chair, “but are you sure?” The nosy guy in the end asked. I shrugged and sat in front of the huge mirror after putting my cloak on the rack by the door.

“The next days don´t seem too bright so I would like to match my hairstyle with them,” I answered. In the mirror I could see him in the reflection, looking at me while frowning. I expected him to say something but instead he only put a long blue sheet over me which covered my clothes and began humming a random song.

Unexpectedly I began feeling comfortable and before I knew it I fell into a light sleep. I don´t know how long I was out but apparently long enough for the hairdresser to finish his job. I was woken up by the sound of the hair-dryer. I opened my eyes and was ready to apologize for falling asleep when I saw myself in the reflection.

“Eh?” I exclaimed stupidly.

“Awesome, isn´t it?” The culprit with the hair-dryer in his hand grinned.

I expected to see a mop of boring black hair but instead the hair was neatly cut into a high bowl and on my dark brown appeared a few red and silver stripes. This was definitely a big difference from my expectations. I turned around to the barber with wide eyes.

“I didn´t ask for this, though,” I told him weakly. I know what you are thinking. At this situation I should get insanely mad and scold the guy for ruining my hair. But hey, I liked it!

“I know but if you get influenced by the colour of your hair, I wouldn´t want to do something that would let you down. I don´t want you to become dark so I chose something I felt would suit you well,” the short man explained and I could only nod my head. It was making sense, wasn´t it?

“Thanks then?” I smiled awkwardly but my smile was returned immediately.

“No problem!” The barber chirped and I chuckled at the sight. What a strange guy. I paid him for the cut and asked him for his name. I decided to visit this shop from now on because I really like this Lee Minwoo guy and because it´s close to my new house.

With the change of pace I felt much brighter than before so I changed my directions again to go home. My hunger was back and after the nap I was refreshed enough to force myself to cook. My mind was void of any thoughts about the previous occasions and most importantly of Lee Donghae. But once I unlocked the door and walked into the hallway, I was returned back to the reality. He was standing there, looking at me with one eye. The other became swollen thanks to my swing earlier I guess.

“Hyukae?” Donghae whispered and I almost couldn´t hear him from the other side of the hallway. “I wanted to say lots of things but I can´t remember them,” he whined and I myself didn´t know what to say to this. I put down my shoes and coat and was about to walk past him when Donghae regained his ability to speak. And to make me lose my sanity.

“You, you look absolutely stunning. Gorgeous even, I lost my breath over there, just so you know.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! The next update might be a little delayed so I apologize beforehand - tough times at school. :) Thank you for reading! - PandaHero