Living

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the silliest one of all?

It was Friday afternoon and I was just finishing my work. I work in a small travelling agency and although most of the time I do just the paperwork, there are thoses rare time when I get to travel too. I love my job and I wouldn´t exchange it for anything. My co-workers are really nice too and my boss is not bad either, only a little moody maybe. Anyway, I´m very much satisfied with my job and life in whole. I´m a happy person.

“Hyukjae, I heard you bought a house already. Congratulation,” my colleague Sungmin entered the office. “I just returned from Europe and heard the news from Kim Heechul,” he added and I had to roll my eyes. Of course the boss wouldn´t forget to spread the new gossips immediately. But it´s not like I wouldn´t tell it to Sungmin myself or wouldn´t be proud of myself in the first place.

“Yeah, I thought I would have to save for a little bit longer but I luckily found a place that was both cheap and nice,” I admitted to the short employee.

“Isn´t it a scam then? I heard from the boss that your place was overly cheap for the quality of it,” Sungmin leaned against my desk with his hands in his pockets.

“I thought like that too at first but I went through the paperwork and there were no debts written on the place and I even checked the place thoroughly and found no problems with it. Maybe the owner just wanted to get rid quickly of the burden not looking at the price or something,” I explained the hardships I went through because of my own distrust.

“I guess so,” my friend chuckled, “you are a careful person; of course you would have it checked out perfectly. You better invite me soon, Hyukjae,” Sungmin winked at me.

“Don´t worry, hyung. I´m still settling down but I´ll invite you for sure,” I ensured him.

“Great, so are you going to the party tonight?” Sungmin changed the topic afterwards. There was this fine Halloween party tonight and I was very much looking forward to it. It´s not often that you get on a party for free, all the credit for our great boss.

“Sure,” I smirked and Sungmin laughed. He knew the stare in my eyes; it meant I was done with my perfect worker persona and ready to unleash the party animal inside.

“Perfect,” he said standing up and still with his hands in his pants pockets started striding towards the doors, “see you in the evening, Hyukjae!” He called and disappeared.

After he left I decided to go home too. I wasn´t able to focus anymore anyway. I packed the paperwork and put on my coat. I walked out of the office and climbed into my small car. Twenty minutes of driving and I was already entering the calm neighbourhood. It was an older part of the city and the buildings here had a good quality and nostalgic feel. My own apartment was similar.

I entered the hall and immediately was welcomed by my lovely pet. Choco, my fluffy dog started jumping around my legs, not letting me untie my shoes. I threw the coat on the rack and took the little animal in to my arms. Together we continued through the short hallway into the living room where I put the dog down again.

The living room was big and I easily installed there a big brown sofa together with the newest stereo. There were some things I liked spending on and the stereo counted between them. I watched Choco snuggling into the beige carpet before I went to the right where my kitchen was situated. The kitchen together with bathroom and toilet were the most modern rooms in my apartment. They needed a reconstruction and since the place was cheap, I had enough money left for the remodelling. I drank the rest of the tea I made this morning and didn´t care it was cold already. I put the empty cup into the dish washer and went to change my clothes.

The bedroom was my favourite room in this house and not only for its purpose. I liked it because I did my best to leave it as much in the original state as possible. I just felt like it would be the best this way. For some reason I felt a strange attachment to the room. The bed was new but I bought one that almost perfectly copied the style of the huge wooden wardrobe and two nightstands. I changed into more comfortable clothes and put on a big jacket. I checked myself out in a huge ancient mirror that was also originally in this room and went back to the living room to pick Choco up for the walk.

I took my dog out to take a leak in the park. On my way back I bought myself a dinner which I ate immediately after coming back home. I had to hurry, the party was already starting and I wasn’t prepared yet!

I opened the big closet and pulled out black tight fitted jeans, black shirt and red jacket. I changed into the fancy and expensive clothes and rushed to the bathroom to put on make-up. I used eye-liner and smeared a bit of black around my eyes too. I styled my currently red hair and rushed back to the bedroom. I opened the closet again and pulled out a pair of devil horns. It´s Halloween party and I wanted to look hot enough to catch as much attention as possible. I´m sure the boss will be angry, if I attract too many pretty faces, though.

It was time to leave so I glanced into the big mirror in the bedroom for the last time. But then a strange scream echoed in the room. I got startled and almost fell on the ground from the shock. What the hell was that?! It couldn´t be a ghost, could it? Is this the reason the place was so cheap? But I´ve been living here for a couple of weeks and this is the first time something like that had happened. Silence. Maybe it was just my imagination? I shook my head and continued to the hallway. I grabbed my coat, stuffed there my keys, wallet and phone and left. I wouldn´t think of this incident anymore.

That´s what I believed but the scream that echoed in my apartment continued ringing in my ears for the rest of the night. As expected my attire attracted attention of many on the party. Normally I would have been pleased but this time I just couldn´t shake off the strange feeling. The main problem was that this small incident wasn´t the only issue.

Since I moved to the new place I could often feel someone´s stare on me. It happened always in the bedroom where I would feel paranoid quite often. I got woken up by the feeling from my sleep a few times too. It was creepy but I shrugged it off, I just wasn´t used to sleeping in the new place. But after today´s happening I couldn´t but feel a little distracted. The Halloween mood didn´t help either and when I met a third ´ghost´ at the party, I decided to return home. At least Kim Heechul will become the number one attraction again and I won´t have a problem on Monday at work.

It was my first time returning from a party this sober. I came alone without any one night stand and with my make up all smeared. I must have looked pitiful because in my nervous breakdown I continued wiping my eyes, ending up like a panda. And although I knew it would be a bad idea and I would make myself feel even worse, I decided to take a look at myself. I shuffled to my bedroom like a zombie and stepped in front of the huge mirror. .

“Bwahahahaha! So it was you before!”

Are you ing kidding me?! There on the other side of the mirror wasn´t standing me but somebody else! Another man was there and laughing hard at my pitiful state. What´s going on?! I´m not even drunk!

“I thought it was a devil, you scared the hell out of me before,” the man in the mirror started wiping his tears recovering from his laughing fit. Then he raised his head and looked me in the eye.

In the next second I fainted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, guys! This is my new fanfiction! :) It should be a fluffy comedy (if I manage). God, how I love the new comeback. This is love and Evanescent MV were such an interesting idea. I´m proud of SJ and their invincible creativity. Hyukjae´s dance solo making me speechless as ever... :) Anyway, have a nice day and thanks for reading! - PandaHero