Accepting

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the silliest one of all?

“Hyukjae, please!” Donghae cried. “I beg you don´t do it!” He was on his knees holding onto my pants. “You won´t even notice I´m here, I swear to you!” He wailed and while I started walking towards the bedroom he stayed on his knees and shuffled still holding my leg. “I´ll be like a ghost, completely invisible,” Donghae continued on his rant until we entered my bedroom.

“No can do, Donghae,” I looked down at him with a poker face. Speaking in cold voice I continued: “If you want to stay with me, you have to go back into the mirror.”

“Hyukjae, don´t be cruel!” Another fit of crying came from the floor. Donghae was now completely wrapped around my right leg wiping his snot and tears into my pants.

“It can´t be helped,” I answered and brought up my arms. I put my fingers on the mirror and closed my eyes. Donghae watched me in horror shaking like a leaf. Oh how satisfying.

“Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the biggest crybaby of us all?” I asked the mirror and the raven haired man sitting on my foot looked up curiously.

“Lee Donghae it is,” I changed my voice to mimic the mirror speaking. After that I laughed wiping the little marks I made with my fingers on the shiny surface. C´mon, of course I was bluffing! I have no idea how Donghae fell into the mirror and how he got out. And even if I knew, it wouldn´t possibly be something as stupid as ´Mirror, Mirror on the wall´ would it? I had completely different goals for playing this little act.

First I wanted to once again prove whether it wasn´t just a trick and my new housemate really appeared here in such fantastic way. Seeing Donghae this utterly terrified convinced me that he had a great fear of the mirror. He almost pissed himself when I began chanting my magic. He looked so scared and pitiful that I can´t believe how I was able to continue acting after having that devastated face in front of me. Looks like I´m no bad actor either.

Another reason for my act was of course the desire for revenge. I haven´t had so much fun for a long time. I was still laughing when Donghae finally realised it was just a prank. He frowned and began collecting himself from the ground wiping his wet face with his own sleeve and not mine for a change.

“Really funny, Hyukjae,” he grumbled all red and embarrassed.

“I agree,” I was regaining back my sanity, “it was worth staining my pants with your snot,” I chuckled and patted his head as if he wasn´t a fifty years old man but a small child.

“Just to make sure, you don´t know how to lock me back there, right?” Donghae inquired following me to kitchen.

“That´s for me to know and for you to guess,” I told him and started making a tea. Unknowingly I put two cups on the counter.

“You are bluffing again,” Donghae called but his contorted face showed he couldn´t tell whether I was telling the truth or not.

Don´t see me as a cruel person but I need to have something against him. Lee Donghae isn´t my friend and for what I know he could easily kick me out of my own home or hurt me or something. He didn´t look the type but he was still a stranger. So I shrugged on his remark to make him confused.

“Here you go,” after a pregnant silence I gave the black head sitting on the chair a cup of black tea with sugar. Donghae looked up and his gloomy mood dispersed within seconds. This boy´s moods change faster than tides.

“I really won´t be a burden, Hyukjae,” Donghae said and I sat in front of him to the table. “I already tried to look for a job. One uncle in a shop helped me print my curriculums, I used the coins you had on the table over there,” Donghae pointed to my coffee table, “sorry for that, I´ll return it later. Having that I walked around the city and put it in every place that was looking for employees. But nobody ever answered me and I in the end had no choice than to go sleep into the park.”

“And where did you sleep from Saturday to Sunday?” I quickly asked worried.

“At that uncle from printing shop,” Donghae scratched the back of his head, “but I didn´t want to bother him anymore.”

I nodded my head. So now I know how Donghae´s CV appeared on my table and why it wasn´t send by e-mail like the others. What am I even thinking, how could Donghae know about things like outlook or messenger. I bet he must have been pretty surprised by the machines in the copy centre. But if he got lost in 1994, he must have already seen the first home computers and wireless phones, right? It´s not that long afterall. I was at primary school by then and there were computers in the teacher´s office already.

“Do you know what´s funny? One of your letters got on my table,” I chuckled while sipping from my tea.

“You are kidding! And do I have a chance?” Donghae immediately asked me. What am I supposed to say now? That in no universe he could get the job?

“I´m sorry, Donghae but I don´t think it will work,” in the end I answered.

“Why? You know I would work hard,” the unknowing child blabbered.

“First, how should I know when I don´t know you at all,” I said and inwardly rolled my eyes at how stupid the sentence sounded. “And second, the times had changed, Donghae. Nowadays you need more than just will to work hard,” I explained but he didn´t understand me probably because he started scratching his head.

“What is more important than hard work?” He shook his head as if it was me who didn´t know anything.

“Languages, Diplomas, Degrees, Experience, Recommendations and proper CV in the first place,” I swirled the tea in my cup.

“That´s nonsense. If you don´t do your best, it doesn´t matter how many diplomas you have,” Donghae wasn´t going to give up.

“What you say is the truth,” drinking the rest of my tea I said. Donghae triumphantly laughed but his smile turned into a pout after I finished my sentence. “But nobody will give you a chance to prove your worth if you don´t have all those schools.”

“Then how do I find a decent job them? I don´t speak any foreign languages and people who could give me recommendations might not remember me anymore or their business closed.” Donghae was lying sadly with his head on the table.

“I´ll help you,” I said as if nothing and went to put the empty cups into the dishwasher.

“Really?!” The little kid came running after me. “Hyukjae you are an angel!”

“Don´t overdo it. I can help you write better motivation letter and send you to some of my friends. You said you did lots of part-time jobs didn´t you? You should be useful.” I left overly happy Donghae in kitchen, I couldn´t stand his skipping anymore. I went to the living room to watch the TV when I heard him call after me.

“So you have all those degrees and stuff? You must be pretty awesome, Hyukjae!” Donghae plopped next to me on the sofa and waited expectantly for my answer while I was just flipping through the channels.

“No, I got accepted by my boss because my apparently looks good in suit,” I answered shamelessly with a calm straight face still focused on the TV. Oh, Show Champion, my favourite!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! Don´t worry, Hyukjae wouldn´t lock Donghae back into the mirror, probably. :D Look forward to the new characters! :) I keep listening to the "This is love" album today. Fits my mood today I guess. Hyukjae needs to cut his hair although they styled it perfectly during super show. It was wavy and looked totally cute. :) Thank you for reading, commenting and upvoting. Have a nice day everyone - PandaHero