Looking up

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the silliest one of all?

“Wake up, idiot!” I was as nice as to wake my new housemate up so he wouldn´t come late to work.

“Mhm,” Donghae grumbled from under the blanket on his place on the sofa. As if I would let him sleep in the bedroom with me.

“Get up or I won´t be so nice anymore,” I warned him and inwardly hissed at how nice I am right now. But hey, I´m still pretty irritated that a stranger is messing in my house, a dangerous stranger at that.

“Nope,” Donghae curled into a small ball and refused to move. As you wish you little fish!

I took hold of the hem of the white blanket and pulled fast and hard on it. Like it was some kind of a circus stunt, Donghae unrolled from the duvet while spinning and with a loud thus fell on the floor. What a masterpiece I thought and smirked at the tired dead body on the floor.

“What in the world?” Donghae was speechless. But I didn´t really wait for him to regain his composure completely and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

I took out a pan and sprinkled oil on it; in the meantime I cut some vegetables which I later put on the heated oil. The pan started hissing so I quickly broke four eggs into a cup and mixed it with soy sauce, salt and sugar. I spilled the eggs on the vegetables and put cheese on top. While the omelette was being made, I prepared toasts and boiled water for tea. In a little bit the breakfast was done and when I was taking out the plates, Donghae arrived to the kitchen. Just in time for breakfast. He was still frowning probably to remind me of my wakeup call but he quickly changed his mind seeing the generous table.

“Looks delicious,” he praised me and sat on his place on the table. Did I just say ´his place´? No, no, no, it´s just a place he sits at often. Nothing here is supposed to be his and in no way I should develop any habits including the raven head. I should keep treating him as a guest only and make him leave as soon as possible.

“Why are you frowning?” Donghae noticed me deep in thoughts.

“Because I have to see your face so early in the morning,” I spat back, nice as ever. Forget being well-mannered.

“Do you have to be always this offensive?” Donghae sighed and putdown his spoon.

“Yep,” I answered curtly and went to pay attention to my own plate with half of the omelette.

I started eating when I felt like something was wrong. I looked up to see Donghae sitting with his arms crossed over his chest and eyes closed. He was thinking hard about something and I curiously watched, what would happen next. I was almost sure it was me who triggered this behaviour. The more I was curious about the result of his thinking then. I stopped eating to amuse myself with the man from my mirror.

All of a sudden Donghae smirked and I knew he came to some kind of conclusion. But I totally didn´t expect his next move. My companion stood up rapidly and strode to stand next to me. I looked up to ask him what was going on but I twiched instead. Donghae put on arm on the handle of my chair and the other on the table, trapping me in the middle. He leaned down so our faces were very close to each other and opened his eyes.

My throat went completely dry while looking into those once again black eyes. Donghae was confident and knew what he was doing. I on the other hand could barely breathe. I didn´t understand how it was possible for him to make me feel this way, this scared and enchanted at the same time.

“Do you like to stare at me so much?” Donghae said in a deep voice, very similar to the one I heard yesterday at the studio. It also had the same effect on my mind and body. Devastating effect.

Donghae leaned even closer so our noses were almost touching. I could feel his warm breath on my face and his voice still kept echoing in my head. It felt as if Donghae was looking deeper than just at me, he was staring at my very own soul. I began trembling with stress again and tears prickled my eyes.

“Oh my god! Sorry, Hyukjae” Donghae was immediately back to his stupid self. “Please, don´t cry,” he was panicking, not knowing what to do with me or with himself anymore. “I´m so sorry,” he kept chanting and finally stopped shaking.

“Really,” I mumbled and snorted at myself. I took a napkin and wiped my eyes and nose. “What are you even doing to me?” I asked more for myself than to him. But Donghae took it seriously and began answering.

“It´s just you are always so annoyed and cold towards me so I somehow wanted to draw out different emotions from you. You were more fun when I was still behind the mirror,” Donghae bit his lip but he was still standing above me. At least his arms retreated to play with the hem of his, well originally mine, shirt. “I remembered you would always look at me with those charming eyes when I became pushy like that.” What? “Like your eyes are suddenly so clear and honest and really sparkly. I thought it was a good thing but you began crying instead and it scared me. Sorry.”

“You are so dumb,” I sighed after listening to him. I didn´t completely understand everything he said but from what I was able to catch, Donghae had pretty weird way in befriending people. “It´s scary as hell when you look at me like that,” I explained to him and he looked away ashamed. “But it´s partially my fault for being so rude towards you so I´ll let it go.”

“Thank you, Hyukjae!” Donghae was about to hug me from excitement but I had enough of it already and pushed him away instead. Pouting like a little kid, Donghae returned back to his seat but it didn´t seem like the refused hug affected him that much because he resumed eating his food right away. What a brat, I really have no idea how to cope with his ever changing moods.

I drove Donghae to the entertainment company where he would get introduced to his new job. Leeteuk told me, it was too risky to immediately start training him to be a singer. Instead he suggested that Donghae would cooperate with the young composer we met last time and he would see, what might come out of it. I also felt like it was a good idea because the man from the mirror still wasn´t fully orientated in the new era. Twenty years is a long time afterall.

After dropping off Donghae, I drove to work. I missed a lot of time yesterday and I had to make up for it until the end of the week. Heechul was really angry but at least he didn´t make me change my hair colour. It sounds strange, right? My boss is very tolerant when it comes to my hairstyles as long as I know how to combine them with the suit and tie. But of course it´s not the official dress code I should really have and so when I happen to have a mishap or problem, he takes it out on my hair and forces me to dye it dark and appropriate for my position. I was glad he let it slip this time since I kinda like the pink shade.

Arriving to work I quickly went to my office but when I was taking off my coat, another person was already knocking on my door. It was Kyuhyun which indicated either I had some additional work or he brought me some new info about my housemate. The smirk was pointing towards the latter.

“Have you found anything?” I asked him right away.

“Good morning to you too, hyung,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes but the shine in them blow off his pretended nonchalance. He was itching to tell me.

“Spill it,” I ordered and Kyuhyun couldn´t take it anymore.

“So first, everything he told you is true. I looked up his name and really found a guy named Lee Donghae in the register. Everything fits, the place and date of birth, schools and even the date of his disappearance!” I already accepted Donghae is telling the truth but hearing it directly like that is still making me feel strange shivers. Lee Donghae is really a man from the mirror.

“And the other thing?” I had to ask of course.

“Well, I tried to find his family or acquaintances so you could send him away,” Kyuhyun announced and I felt suddenly really giddy. Finally I´m gonna get rid of him.

 “There´s nobody anymore.” No way…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! So how was it? :) Gosh, MAMA are almost here and I´m so excited for the SJ stage. It will surely be awesome! Well, if they don´t come out like Elzas, but even that could be daebak. For the next ten years no body would be able to trumph them... It´s a pity, we are losing for now, though. They really deserve to win this year after so much effort and feeling they put into their work. :) Anyway, thank you for reading and commenting! - PandaHero