Interrupting

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the silliest one of all?

I opened one of the folders that were prepared by Heechul for me for revision. If that lazy did his job properly, I wouldn´t have to pass my precious work hours by correcting him. The sun was creeping through the clouds and I wondered if the snow will ever come in this warm weather. It was Thursday and my life was still completely upside down. I´m sure I don´t need to explain the cause of it all, do I?

“Hyukjae, you´ve got a guest,” Sungmin announced in the doorway.

“Client? Then send him inside of course,” I shook my head not understanding Sungmin´s hesitation.

“Well, not exactly. He says he needs to talk to you but he seems fierce so I wanted to ask you first. In the worst, I´ll just punch him and kick him out,” Sungmin rolled up his sleeves and I decided to check the guest.

I glanced over my friend´s shoulder into the hallway and spotted a very familiar face. Yeah, the one that came to me through the mirror. For a few seconds I even wanted to pretend that I don´t know him and then watch Sungmin´s show. But as if I could do something like that.

“No, that´s my housemate,” I put my hand on Sungmin´s back and the latter relaxed. It felt like having a proper guard dog, I´m sorry Choco.

“Wait, this is Lee Donghae?!” Sungmin exclaimed suddenly.

“Uh, nice to meet you?” Donghae answered him for me and I had to rub Sungmin´s back some more so he wouldn´t lash out on the poor guy. You see, my friend is kinda overprotective when it comes to me but that doesn´t restrain him from making fun of me too.

“Come inside, Donghae,” I gestured him to move quickly.

Donghae jogged to me under excruciating gaze of my hawk-eyed co-worker. Sungmin refused to move away so Donghae had to slip between him and the door frame. I went to sit back to my desk and waited for Donghae to join me. Sungmin didn´t let his guard down and instead of going down to check on the new interns, as he intended before my housemate appeared, he stayed in the office and went to sit over his own paperwork.

“So why did you come?” I asked when Donghae was finally seated in front of me.

“What do you want for diner?” He grinned. A vein pulsed on my temple and I had to take a deep breath.

“You came to ask me that?” I wanted to make sure that I´m not going to kill him because of a misunderstanding.

“I know I promised kalbi yesterday but when I went to shop this morning, the meat didn´t look too well so I decided not to buy it,” the mirror man rumbled. I knew I would lose my patience soon so I had to solve this matter before it happens.

“Donghae,” I took a deep breath, “next time you have this problem, just buy anything else, I don´t care, okay? Don´t come interrupting my work when I´m busy, I beg you.”

“Actually,” Donghae´s voice quieted a little and his eyes darted towards Sungmin. Looks like he´s aware of my watchdog. “I came to see you.”

Here we go. Yeah, that´s exactly what I was so afraid of. Here you have the source of my insanity. I´m glad Donghae started cooking for me, although it still goes from my pay-check. It tastes really good and it´s nice to have a fresh breakfast on the table when I come out of the shower in the morning. But apart from cooking, Donghae began doing other new things. Those cute little gestures and out of pace sentences. I guess he became dependent on me, just like Kyuhyun had warned me before.

“Donghae,” I sighed, “you´re a grown up man-“

“Grandpa you mean,” Sungmin interrupted and I bit my lip to keep my serious face. Donghae frowned and wanted to say something but I quickly continued.

“You shouldn´t do this. I´m busy right now ad if you delay me, I´ll have to work overtime and come home later,” I explained as if he was a small child.

“So you don´t feel even a little bit happy that I came?” He asked me and I wondered whether he was even listening to me. I was about to scold him when I seriously thought about it. Does it make me happy? Honestly? It does, of course it does. He came all the way here during his lunch break, at least I´m not the only one skipping, only to ask me about the diner.

“I do,” I told him and it caught him off guard. He was a little surprised but then a huge smile broke on his face.

“So what do you want to eat today?” He exclaimed leaning against my table.

“Hmm,” I thought for a while, “pasta?” It´s easy to make and since we will come later tonight, it might be for the best.

“Alright! I´ll make you delicious pasta,” Donghae stood up, “I have to run back now.”

“Be careful,” I told the clueless person already skipping to the door.

“Bye!” He waved at me and then at Sungmin but the latter gave him a warning glare so Donghae quickly disappeared. Good, now I can get back to my work finally.

“I think you are being too weak, Hyukkie,” Sungmin said when the office was quiet. I didn´t look at him and continued running through the files. “You shouldn´t let him do as he pleases,” he continued but I refused to react. I know Sungmin is worried about me. “Hyukkie, he´s using you.”

“I know.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I´m sorry, the chapter is a little short but  I had to cut if off at this part becase the next one is on a little bit different topic. The next chapter is going to be longer and more exciting so look forward to it. Thank you for everything and have a nice advent - PandaHero