Explaining

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the silliest one of all?

“I´m so sorry, Hyukjae!” Donghae was begging me pitifully. We were sitting in my kitchen with the breakfast on the table. But Donghae didn´t pay the treat any attention and instead kept wailing across the table. I on the other hand was in much better mood than one would expect. I finally figured it all out.

“Forget it, Donghae,” I laughed and sipped from my hot, well cold, chocolate. “You know, you totally got me there yesterday,” I laughed again and shook my head. “You´re really something else!”

“Hyukjae? What are you talking about? Aren´t you mad at me that you had to pay a mandate to the police?” Donghae was looking at me confused.

“I thought a lot when I went out with Choco and realised that I´m indeed pretty stupid,” I snorted, “I honestly really believed that you were closed in the mirror yesterday!” Donghae frowned but I ignored him and continued: “I must have been too tired or most likely your trick was way too good. I completely fell for it!”

“But I was really locked in the mirror for the past twenty years,” Donghae immediately protested but I wasn´t going to fall for it this time.

“Yeah and I´m really a devil,” I rolled my eyes but unfortunately the raven head wasn´t going to give up so soon.

“You have to believe me, Hyukjae. I lived in the mirror for years and this is the first time I had a chance to walk out. Trust me, please. What you saw yesterday wasn´t a dream or a trick,” Donghae´s face was completely serious and I felt my smile falter.

“You look good for a fifty years old man,” I tried to joke again but I couldn´t manage more than a smirk anymore. The atmosphere was becoming dark.

“I stopped aging the moment I fell inside. I didn´t need to eat or sleep or anything else. I couldn´t escape so all I could do was to watch this empty bedroom or people living there for short periods of time,” the man sitting across from me was looking at me with hard stare and I started shivering when I thought that all he says actually might be true.

“How did you get out then?” I asked him straight. If he really broke out of the mirror, why didn´t I notice it?

“That´s the problem. It´s the same as getting inside,” Donghae sighed and a huge pout appeared on his lips. “You fell asleep quickly and I felt a bit lonely again so I leaned against the mirror wall to have better view at you. No offence but you look pretty funny while sleeping,” his lips twitched and I wondered if I should hit him or not. “Anyway,” he continued, “you turned away from me so I leaned closer but at that moment the glass as if disappeared and I fell down on the floor. On the floor in the actual room and not just its image. This has never happened before, Hyukjae.”

Just like the black haired male I too abandoned my breakfast by now. I felt waves of absolute fear going through my body. My pupils dilated and my hairs bristled. I´ve never felt this sick in my entire life as now when I let it all sunk in. Lee Donghae, being ghost or not, fell into his own mirror and for twenty years couldn´t get out of his prison. Didn´t need to eat, sleep and didn´t grow old while the world around him began changing. Where is his family and friends? Did they forget about him? Maybe some of them died or moved away during those twenty years. It´s such a long time too! No, no matter how hard I tried I couldn´t imagine this kind of life. It was worse than being imprisoned or maybe even worse than the death itself. And the most unbelievable of it all was the fact that he didn´t even know how or why he ended up there or got out.

“Donghae, this is crazy, you know,” I exhaled when I felt like a bit of warm blood returned into my veins.

“I know. I didn´t believe it myself at first but that´s what really happened and to tell the truth I´m a little lost right now,” Donghae admitted and bit his lip. Discreetly he began eyeing the sandwiches which somehow made me feel slightly better. He still had aan ppetite.

“Maybe you could get out because of some kind of timer? Like the lock would open after twenty years or something,” I tried to reason and pushed the plate with sandwiches towards him. Donghae smiled and stole one sandwich totake a huge bite.

“Oh my God, so good,” he sniffled touched. Before I knew it two sandwiches and one chocolate disappeared down his throat. I guess he was starving after all those years. He his lips and his attention was finally back on me.

“But I don´t think you are right, Hyukjae,” he restarted the topic and I raised my brow in question. “It wasn´t exactly twenty years, it was a few months more so I guess the reason is something else. And if I had to guess,” he put his elbows on the table and leaned his head into his palms. “I would say it was because of you.” He finished staring deeply into my eyes. Those ing shivers again, I´m going to put on a sweater already!

“Me? Don’t say nonsense. All I did was go to sleep,” I denied and stood up to throw away the empty cups and boxes. The boy wasn´t thinking straight.

“Yeah, that´s a little confusing but I don´t think it´s a coincidence that the first time an inhabitant that actually talks to me calmly and doesn´t move out of the house the next second I appear in the mirror, is also the first time in twenty years I manage to walk out of my prison. There has to be something Hyukjae you did or said that triggered this change,” Donghae stubbornly decided that his theory was the best. I couldn´t but disagree. This was purely crazy but it wasn´t any less fantastic than the fact he actually ended in this kind of bizarre situation.

“Whatever,” I shrugged returning to the table. “What now?” I asked and the room went silent.

“Um, this is my house so I would like to stay here,” Donghae opened his mouth but he slowly stood up ready to retreat.

“What?! I bought it with my hard earned money!” As expected I exploded.

“Uh, I´m not saying you have to move out, Hyukjae,” Donghae put up his arms in defence.

“And what? You expect me to allow you to feed off of me, you little vampire?” I put my arms on my hips and tapped my foot in annoyance. How dare he?!

“W-Well I don´t really know what to do right now and you seem like a nice person and,” I was breathing hard by now and Donghae panicked, “and we could share the bed or something?”

“Run or I´ll break your legs!” I roared and rounded the table. Donghae got the message and began escaping. He ran into the living room and jumped on the sofa before I could snatch his long shirt and send him down painfully.

I had no choice but to follow him, I was in rage especially when I already paid lots of money for the little raven head. Chocolate, sandwiches and the mandate for disturbing the neighbourhood in wee hours. Oh how mad I suddenly felt. Choco started barking only to strengthen the tension in the house. Donghae for someone who hasn´t actually exercised for years had pretty good stamina but that wasn´t enough to stop me. I myself attended the gym regularly and the flat wasn´t that huge anyway. It was only a matter of time until I would catch the kid.

“Calm down, Hyukjae!” Donghae called but didn´t slow down. He continued racing through my apartment with me in tow. But then he stopped all of a sudden in the middle of the living room and I sadly didn´t have enough time to react. I crushed into the raven haired boy and together we fell on the floor with a loud thud and lots of groaning too. The house went silent again until I decided to voice this one demand.

“If you don´t want me to break your arms together with your legs, you better take them away from my crotch, Lee Donghae.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Finally I got time to update the story. According to tradition I had to visit my family (more like family graves) this weekend so I had no time or thoughts for this. I bet this chapter will help you with your questions. With others, like how the hell did donghae get out of the mirror, sadly not yet. :P Some SJ shows got translated after some time so I should check them all out, I´m sure it will be hilarious! And Hyukjae changing his hair colour again?! Why black (not like it doesn´t suit) when there are more creative colours around? :D Thank you for reading and commenting. Take care of yourself! - PandaHero