Chapter 6

Is this Love?-Completed
Weekend for Selina has been great.She was able to accomplished what ever she was set to do and Alex was home so they were able to enjoy a quality time together.This week,Alex seems to be so attentive to her and sweet and charming.he was agreeable to evry word she said.Something must be amiss,and she cannot pinpoint what.But maybe I am just putting too much out of nothing,she thought.

Alex knew what happen to Selina's car that Friday afternoon and he felt guilty not being there for her,but enjoying himself with his friends.So he tried to make up his absence in time ,of his family's need.But it is not only that he is trying to cover up or camouflage something.There is something more,that if he is not careful Selina will soon discover.

He was feeling guilty for having this certain attraction to Cindy,his officemate and colleague who has been giving him a come on attitude that intrigued him.Not that he acted on this attraction yet,for he knows Selina will definitely know if ever he do anything foolish.Sometimes he hates her for knowing too much about him.And he cannot lie to her,just one look from her and he will start confessing his sins if he ever have one.He cannot take chances with his family,his family is his pillar and if he lost them ,he will be nothing.And no woman is worth it,no matter how pretty she is or how hot in bed she is,no, no woman is ever worth it,if it means losing his family.

He finally reached his office and run to his desk.And there she was,Cindy with a lovely smile with coffee in hand and a bagel meant just for him.Alex look at her and run his hand on his head.This is going to be complicated,he thought, as he felt his heart racing...

Selina found Michelle talking to Jiro by the time she walked in.They seemed to be in deep conversation as she greeted the two.Jiro smiled at her and took a bow as she passed by and Michelle give her a wink when she notice that Jiro is not looking.Selina laughed back.She was clearly flirting with him and the poor guy have no clue at all.

Selina rang Michelle for cup of coffee and Michelle came with a mug of coffee right away.Selina thought that is too quick,for usually she took her sweet time every time she asked her for something.She took a sip of coffee and she was surprised with the taste.this is not Michelle's coffee,more like Jiro's coffee.She called back Michelle and asked if she made the coffee and she later found out that Jiro volunteered to make the coffee for them this morning.Selina smiled at the thought.She would hate it when he is gone and she will have to return to Michelle's coffee.Somehow she frown at the thought.

Lunch time and Michelle have to go for a doctor's appointment and Selina have nobody to eat lunch with and remembered Jiro.Well the best thing that I can do is to treat him for lunch for helping me out with my car last Friday,she thought.She rang his extension and she asked him out for lunch.Jiro was surprised.He never expected that he will be sharing lunch with the Lady boss today.

Jiro knock on her room and Selina is still on her books.

"I will be there in a seconds."Selina said.

Few more minutes and she put her books away and grabbed her bag.She ease and combed her hair with her hands.This time her hair is free and hang long passed her shoulder.Jiro can smell the fragrance of her hair as she came near him.He took a deep breathe as he took in all the scent that he can take in,and remember it with his heart.His heart seems to flutter and it seems it went out of control for a while as the color on his cheeks heightened.

"So what do you feel like eating today?"Selina asked."You are my guest,I want to thank you for helping me out last Friday."

"No,you don't have to thank me and do this."Jiro said."Now I am embarrassed,"

"No I insist and I also need somebody to share lunch with today,Michelle is gone for the day for her doctor's appointment."Selina said."Let say ,I feel like Japanese food today"

"That is fine with me"Jiro said.

"I just know a nice place somewhere,who serve the best Japanese food.Are you up for this?"Selina said.

Jiro just nodded his head and followed her.This time Jiro drove and Selina just gave direction.The place is not that far just a good twenty to fifteen minutes drive away from the office.It is a nice restaurant and it seems it serve the authentic Japanese cuisine.They were greeted by a lovely lady in a Japanese costume as they lead them to their table.

They ordered sushi and some tempura .They served them green tea.This time there is no window to look out to avoid Jiro's eyes.Selina felt her cheeks coloring up.

"Thanks for the coffee this morning"Selina said,"You just saved me for another morning of Michelle's coffee" as she laughed at the thought."And yes you are right you served the best coffee in the house."

Jiro smiled at her.looking at her,without any distraction.The place is quiet and the people are in their own world ,unlike the other restaurants where there was a lot of things going on around.He wished his heart, will at least calmed down a little bit for it affected his thinking.
He took another deep breathe maybe this time his heart will listen.

"How old is Samantha?She is so cute."Jiro asked"You must be proud of her.

"She will be six soon.I have her right after graduation from college"Selina said."Yes I am so proud of my daughter.She is a sweet and smart kid"

Jiro can see the pride in her eyes as she talked about her."You have only one?"Jiro asked again.

"Yes,we have been busy with work and schooling after Samantha"Selina said"And I think it so hard to start over again but I still owe my husband a boy."she said as she smiled."To carry the family's name,you know."

Jiro nodded.He looked at her and he can see her as the woman ,the woman in her dream,if only he can be Alex to her.He bit his lip at the realization of the truth.He felt the twinge in his heart,and damned it hurts,he thought.

"How about you?"Selina asked"You never told me anything about you?"

"What is there to know?"Jiro said."I don't have a girlfriend but constantly dating which means I am on a look out."

"And you have not found the girl of your dreams yet.I am sure there are a lot of applicants."Selina said.

"Jiro look at her eyes"Yes I have found her but she is already taken"as he said in a sad tone.

Somehow Selina felt the sadness in his voice and somehow felt that he is talking about her,she shook her thoughts.That is impossible,she thought.It must be some body else,I just met him.It can't be possibly me.Her cheeks flamed and she felt her heart raced.

Finally the food arrived and it took them away from the conversation.They concentrated on their food and just talk about anything in general.

They are about to go when Selina heard a familiar voice from the corner,and she look at the direction where the voice is coming from.There he was his loving husband but he is with somebody else with her hands on his arms.Cindy walked in with Alex and she saw her with a surprised look at her face like being caught into something.Alex look surprised but quickly recovered.he have done nothing wrong,they were just having lunch and that is nothing at all.But Selina's eyes says something else.

As Alex look at her and the young man she is with.His emotions is all mixed up scared,mad,guilty and jealous as hell to the young man who was with his wife.
There will be a big showdown later on,as Selina walked into her husbands arms and claiming him as he is rightfully hers.
She looked at Cindy as she kissed her husband in greetings and this time she kissed him full on the lips so everybody can see who Alex belong to.She can see Cindy's expression with distaste.This woman has no shame.She will fight till the end.Selina look at her husband, the discomfort on his face tells her as much and it breaks her heart what she sees in his eyes.She pulled away and left.Jiro followed from behind.Alex looked at the young man's back and he felt the anger once again.

Selina almost ran to the car and Jiro followed her.He took her inside and drove off.Selina was in tears and Jiro did not say a thing.Before she knew it they stopped by the beach.There were only few people on it as she got out and ran.She wants to scream,to shout but nothing came out but just tears and tons of it.Suddenly a strong arms pulled her in a hug as Selina cried in Jiro's arms.Feeling his heartbeat next to her.He was there for her and that is all that mattered.