Chapter 9

Taming Miss Eyesmile

Yuri has fallen asleep on the couch waiting for her roommate to arrive. She was woken up when she felt something heavy on top of her. Yuri’s eyes almost popped out of its sockets when she saw Tiffany lying on top of her grabbing the collar of her shirt while smiling sweetly.

“I want to know something…” Tiffany’s voice was husky while still grabbing Yuri’s collar.

“F—fany….wh---what are y—you do---”

Yuri was silenced with Tiffany’s lips against hers. It started as an aggressive kiss but eventually turned into a gentle one. Yuri’s mind has completely shut down. She wasn’t sure how or why but she found herself responding to the kiss. She was breathless when Tiffany pulled away. Her heart barely fitting inside her ribcage and almost about to jump out due to its wild beating.

“That was nice.”

Yuri heard Tiffany speak and saw her wearing a cheeky grin. It was only then that Yuri caught a sniff of alcohol from the smiling girl.

“Are you drunk?!” Yuri couldn’t believe her eyes.

Yuri held her breath when she saw Tiffany beam a smile and leaned in again. She expected another assault but to her surprise, nothing came. The next thing she felt was something heavy on her chest. When she opened her eyes she saw Tiffany already fast asleep while resting her head on Yuri’s chest.

*

Tiffany was woken up with the loud ringing of her alarm clock. She held her throbbing head and slowly sat up. God. That was such a vivid dream. She groaned and pushed herself up from bed. She felt dehydrated and wanted to gulp down cold water.

When she reached the kitchen she saw Yuri sitting on the other side of the table while staring far away ahead. She was about to take another step to walk towards the refrigerator when she saw Yuri’s shirt. Tiffany gasped and immediately turned around. She held her chest and tightly closed her eyes.

Omygahhd. It can’t be. It can’t be. It was just a dream. A dream. A very vivid dream.

How could Tiffany forget? That shirt. The collar of that shirt was the one Tiffany grabbed in her dreams. Or was it not a dream?

Tiffany was interrupted from her mind debate when she heard Yuri call her.

"Tiffany..."

“H---huh?” Tiffany slowly turned and faced Yuri from the other side of the table.

“I was asking what are you doing standing there.”

“Oh. Uhhh… I was thinking if I still have meds.” Tiffany lied. Suddenly she could feel her heart beating rapidly. Her eyes twitched as she eyed Yuri’s shirt. It’s really the same shirt. But it can’t be.

“I made you soup.” Yuri then stood up and took the soup from the pot and placed it on top of the table.

“Why did you drink so much last night?” Yuri asked as she re her seat.

“Thanks. Uhh… just saw some friends from America who visited here.” Tiffany took the bowl and slowly made her way to seat on the other side of the table. She couldn’t bring herself to look at her roommate. Yuri’s shirt is distracting her and sending her images of her weird dream.

“Ah. Good thing you still managed to walk up here. You were pretty drunk last night.”

“I was?” Tiffany gave Yuri an innocent look.

Yuri eyed skeptically the girl on the other end of the table. “You don’t remember anything?”

Tiffany could feel her heart about to jump off her chest. A part of her was too afraid to hear what happened last night.

Tiffany slowly shook her head. Her mind still denied the thought that her dream could possibly be not a dream after all.

Yuri stayed silent and just stared at Tiffany. She doesn’t remember anything? Was she really that drunk?

Was that really a dream or was it not? But it can’t be. I can’t do that. We can’t do that! Tiffany could feel Yuri intently looking at her. Her grip on the spoon tightened as she tried to calm herself. Avoiding Yuri’s gaze was the best solution Tiffany thought to save herself from whatever she might hear next.

“Did something happen last night?” Tiffany had to act cool. If ever it wasn’t really just a dream, then there is no way that Tiffany would admit remembering what she did last night.

Yuri eyed again the girl sitting on the other end of the table. It was all just a drunk act? How could she forget such thing? How am I supposed to forget such thing?!

“You don’t remember how you got here? How you ended up inside your room?” Yuri tried again. The thought that it was all just a drunk act and that Tiffany has forgotten about it just like that frustrated Yuri.

Tiffany shook her head and maintained a straight face. Though her heart was pounding really hard while she attempted to meet Yuri’s gaze.  “I only remember my friends drove me home. And that’s it.”

“That’s really it?”

Tiffany nodded. She was surprised when Yuri suddenly stood up and took something from the cabinet. Her eyes widened and she held her breath when Yuri walked towards her and stopped in front of her hovering over her while she sat on her chair.

“I read it on the internet that these patches help ease hangover.” Yuri then placed small patches unto Tiffany’s temples while leaning over the girl.

Tiffany was left speechless and just stared at Yuri’s face just a few inches from hers.

“T—thank you.” Tiffany cleared and calmed herself.

Yuri just shrugged and took a step back.

“Next time don’t drink too much from what you can handle.” She then walked away and left the kitchen without giving Tiffany another glance.

Is she upset? But why would she be upset? Tiffany could only stare at the now empty kitchen. Her hand slowly reached the patches on her temples. It can't be...

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

^_^