Chapter 12

Taming Miss Eyesmile

Tiffany was on her way home when suddenly someone pulled her on a corner of the alley.

“What th---”

“Shhh…”

“Yuri?” Tiffany’s eyes widened as her eyes adjusted to the dark corner. She was about to move away but Yuri pulled her close until their eyes met. Their faces only a few inches apart.

“Don’t move. He’s either following me or you.” Yuri explained. Her eyes looking behind Tiffany.

Tiffany could feel Yuri’s hot breath on her lips. If she moves just a little bit more then their lips would definitely touch each other due to their close proximity.

Yuri was holding Tiffany by the waist, their bodies pressed together.

Tiffany could feel her heart on yet another marathon. She wasn’t sure though if Yuri could feel it but everything inside Tiffany was on overdrive. Being this close with Yuri is making her body in complete chaos that she herself couldn’t explain why. Her eyes almost popped out of its sockets when she saw Yuri tilt her head.

“W—what are you d—doing?” Tiffany stuttered. Their lips almost touching against each other.

“Sending the angle and illusion that we’re kissing.”

Tiffany could feel Yuri’s breath against her as the girl answered her question. She caught her breath when she saw Yuri momentarily gaze upon their lips before looking out again behind her.

“Or do you want to make this an “illusion’” no more?” A smirk escaped Yuri’s lips as she held eye contact with Tiffany.

“Do it and you might not see the second installment of the Mockingjay.” Tiffany stated coldly and glared at Yuri.

“Illusion it is.” Yuri grinned and looked over again at Tiffany’s shoulder. An annoyed Tiffany never fails to amuse Yuri.

After a while Tiffany felt the hands on her waist loosen. Tiffany then took a step back and took a deep breath. She was surprised to see Yuri doing the same thing. It seemed like the two have been holding their breaths.

“Is he gone now?” Tiffany looked at the alley.

“Yes. I hope the scene he witnessed is pretty obvious what we’re doing.” Yuri answered as she fixed herself.

Tiffany immediately turned and walked ahead. She could feel her cheeks burning from the idea of “what they’re doing”. She wasn’t sure why but she suddenly felt something with the thought of it and she didn’t want Yuri to see her all flushed.

***

When Tiffany opened the main door she was surprised to see an all drenched Yuri leaning on the doorway.

“What happened to you?”

“I---”

Tiffany gasped when Yuri fell towards her. Unconscious.

“Yuri! Ohmygahd! Yuri!”

Tiffany then supported the girl inside their apartment. After much efforts and difficulty, Tiffany finally reached Yuri’s bedroom and successfully placed the girl on the bed. When she felt Yuri’s forehead, the girl was burning with fever. She was about to take a step back and head outside the kitchen to get some medicine when she realized something. Yuri was all drenched. The girl’s shirt and jeans where all wet thanks to the heavy rain. For a whole minute Tiffany just stared at Yuri’s sleeping figure. She was unsure of what to do. An internal battle going on inside her head. Tiffany bit her lower lip until finally moving towards Yuri’s closet.

After wiping dry Yuri’s face, neck and arms, Tiffany then put aside the towel and stared at Yuri’s buttoned shirt. You have to do it Tiffany or she’ll get sick even worse. Tiffany gulped as she slowly reached for the first button of the girl’s shirt. With trembling hands, Tiffany slowly ed Yuri’s shirt while avoiding to look directly at what her hands were doing. She wasn’t sure why but she could feel her cheeks burning and her heart pounding hard.

When she successfully removed the girl’s shirt, Tiffany couldn’t help but notice Yuri’s toned abs. What the hell are you doing Hwang Miyoung?! Go get her changed! Tiffany mentally smacked herself for staring and admiring the girl’s flat stomach. She immediately reached for the dry shirt and dressed Yuri up. After successfully putting on the dry shirt, Tiffany let out a deep breath. She could feel her life expectancy almost cut in half.

But Tiffany’s “hardships” is not yet over. She has still another one to face. Yuri’s pants. Tiffany could feel her cheeks burning even more as she stared at the girl’s pants and the sweat pants she found on the girl’s closet. She took a couple of deep breaths before her trembling hands finally reached for the button of Yuri’s pants. She looked up the ceiling as her hands slowly ed the girl’s jeans. Tiffany held her breath as she ped the girl’s pants and removed it. She could feel her heart pounding hard against her chest as she pulled down the pants with her head still held up refusing to look down. After the much torture, Tiffany successfully changed Yuri’s pants into dry ones.

Tiffany sat on the floor and stared far ahead. She held her chest as she tried to regain her normal breathing pace. Her cheeks starting to subside from its burning. I can’t believe this. Tiffany shook her head as she stood up and went outside the room to drink some water to calm herself.

***

The night was becoming chilly as Tiffany and Yuri stood by the sidewalk waiting for a cab. The girls had walked a couple of meters away from their classmate’s house where they did a group project. The rest of their groupmates have already gone home ahead to not beat the dorm’s curfew. Tiffany and Yuri were the last ones left.

Yuri heard Tiffany heave a sigh as the girl kept rubbing her bare shoulders while looking at the long way empty street. Yuri then took off her jacket and was about to hand it over to Tiffany but she was cut off when she heard the girl beside her speak.

“I’m fine. Keep it.” Tiffany stated flatly.

“But…You’re cold aren’t you?” Yuri insisted.

“Do you have a skin of an elephant? Why do you keep on giving your jacket to people? Don’t you get cold yourself?” Tiffany turned her head and glared at Yuri.

Yuri could only open and close it again. She was surprised at the girl’s sudden outburst. She slowly retracted her hand and wore again her jacket. Why Tiffany suddenly barked at her? Yuri had no idea why.

Tiffany turned her head back ahead on the empty road. She felt guilty for barking out at Yuri but she just couldn’t help and be pissed off. The day before, at school, TIffany saw Yuri handing Hara her jacket. It was drizzling and Hara had a long way home. Hara was also a business major student who lived a few blocks away from their apartment. Tiffany knew that Yuri and Hara were friends but she just didn’t thought it would be to the extent of lending the girl her jacket. It wasn’t the first time Tiffany saw Yuri lending her jacket to someone. There was also a time she saw Yuri giving Yoona her jacket that time they went to the park and it suddenly rained hard.

Yuri silently observed the girl beside her. Tiffany seemed upset and Yuri couldn’t figure out why. She could see the girl’s furrowed eyebrows while the girl kept on rubbing her bare arms. If Yuri wasn’t mistaken, Tiffany seemed sulking over something Yuri would never know what.

Tiffany huffed an air out her nostrils as she vented out her frustration. She was about to turn her head to check on Yuri but she was surprised when she felt Yuri stand behind her. And the next thing she knew, Yuri had wrapped her inside the girl’s jacket pressing her back against the girl. Tiffany’s frustration flew out of the bus immediately and was replaced with the same unexplainable feeling she would always feel whenever Yuri is in close proximity.

“Wh—what are you d—doing?” Tiffany tried to calm her racing heart and steadied her voice.

“Since I can’t lend you my jacket, I’m wrapping you inside my jacket. With me.”

Tiffany could feel her body burning and her right cheek stung as she felt Yuri’s hot breath against her. The girl was practically hugging her from the back and it was making all her senses on overdrive. Again. She was about to protest but Yuri held her still.

“Don’t be stubborn. I know you’re cold.” Yuri stated firmly as she hugged tighter the girl.

When Tiffany turned to her side to hiss at Yuri her heart almost fell out from her ribcage. Her lips momentarily brushed against Yuri’s lips which she found out was only a few inches away from her face.

Tiffany immediately turned her head the other side. Her face burning and her heart racing. She wasn’t expecting their faces to be in that close proximity. She was about to apologize but then she saw a cab head their way. Tiffany immediately bolted out and away from Yuri’s hold. She dashed off to the road to call the cab driver’s attention. She was thanking all the Gods in the universe for saving her from that nerve wrecking moment alone with Yuri. Her cheeks still burning from embarrassment of accidentally kissing Yuri.

Yuri was left rooted in place. Her lips burning from the slight touch of Tiffany’s lips.

This time no more drunken acts. They were both wide awake and sober. Lips touching against each other. Just one thing in the way though, it was just an accident. A split second accident which sent both the girls’ minds into chaos.

*

When the girls reached their apartment, Tiffany immediately went straight to her room without saying a word. Yuri was left on the living room staring blankly at the now closed bedroom door of Tiffany.

After taking a quick bath, Tiffany rested herself unto the soft mattress of her bed. Her body was dead tired but her mind refused to succumb to sleep. Uggggh. NO! NO! NO! In frustration, she covered her face with a pillow until she was out of breath. She kept tossing around her bed until Tiffany gave up and frustratingly sat up and took her laptop from the bedside table. Fine! Fine! Let’s face it Tiffany! After successfully turning it on and logging in online, she let out a relieved sigh when she saw Jessica’s name online.

 

Stephanie: Jessiiiiii!!!

JSY: Tiiiiiiiff!!!

Stephanie: I miss you so much Jessi! T_T

JSY: I missed you too Tiff! T_T Okay now get to the point. What’s the matter?

Stephanie: What?! Can’t I just check on my best friend? *pouts

JSY: Come on Tiff. I know something is up that you suddenly messaged me in the middle of the night. Well, technically middle of the night there not here.

Stephanie: I just miss you. That’s all.

JSY: Okay I miss you too Tiff. But seriously, tell me what’s the matter? We’ve known each other since grade school.  I’m pretty sure something is up. Now either you tell me and I will listen or you keep on denying and I’ll go offline.

Tiffany thought for a while and heaved a sigh before finally typing a response to Jessica’s message.

Stephanie: I…I think I’m liking someone Jess.

JSY: Really?! Ohmygahhd! I’m so happy for you Tiff! Finally! Like it’s been years! How is he? Is he tall? Is he handsome? Is he a gentleman? Where did you meet him? Is he also a student at the university?

Stephanie: Calm down Jess. I’m not even 100% sure about my feelings.

JSY: What?! You’re not yet sure if you really like him? Anyways, you tell me later about your feelings. Just describe him first. Or send me a picture of him. I WANT TO SEE WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE HWANG MIYOUNG!!!

Stephanie: It’s…it’s a SHE Jess. She is Soo’s cousin.

JSY: WHAT?! I’VE JUST LEFT YOU ALONE FOR LIKE A FEW MONTHS AND NOW YOU’VE BECOME GAY?!

Stephanie: I AM NOT GAY! WELL, I DON’T KNOW. I’M CONFUSED! I’M NOT EVEN SURE OF WHAT I REALLY FEEL FOR HER!

JSY: You’re in big trouble Tiff.

Stephanie: I know. She’s a girl.

JSY: Pssh! Of course not because of it. So what if she’s a girl? We had our own share of those stuff in LA Tiff. Our own little escapades and all.

Stephanie: Then what do you mean that I’m in big trouble?

JSY: Duh? She is Soo’s cousin.

Stephanie: Uhh yes? So what if she’s Soo’s cousin?

JSY: Ohmygahhd. Have you really lost your mind Hwang Miyoung?!

Stephanie: Stop calling me Miyoung! Jung Sooyeon!

JSY: Okay fine sorry. Anyways, like I said, she is Sooyoung’s cousin. She is automatically considered as a SOMEBODY. Not just someone you can have fling with or just a summer love affair like what we used to do here just for the sake of boredom. You get what I mean?

Stephanie: Yeah… I get it.

JSY: You must be sure of your feelings Tiff because if ever the relationship ends up badly, then you’re friendship with Sooyoung could also get affected. Blood would always be thicker than water Tiff.

Stephanie. I know… But wait, I’m not even sure of my feelings for her yet, why are you talking about breakup already?!

JSY: The thought that you might like someone, means you do like them. And hello? It’s been so long since someone has caught your attention and interest Tiff.

Stephanie: Sigh. You’re right. Now what? What do I do?

JSY: Does she swing that way?

Stephanie: I…I don’t know. Maybe? She’s so freakin’ caring and thoughtful! But not just to me though. Even to our other friends. >.<

JSY: Woah. Is that jealousy I sense Tiff? *grins

Stephanie: Of course not! I’m just saying, it’s hard to read her. She seems to act the same way around me or to our other girl friends. She lends me her jacket, she also lends it to our other girl friends.

JSY: You really are jealous Tiff. Hahaha

Stephanie: Am not!

JSY: Whatever. So now, do you still remember our Plan A and Plan B whenever we are on this type of situation?

Stephanie: THE Plan A and B?

JSY: YES. THE Plan A and B.

Stephanie. Okaaay. Yes I still remember them. What about it?

JSY: Time to launch Plan A. If the result goes with the plan, commence Plan B.

Stephanie: Do I really have to?

JSY: Well, you say you’re not sure with your own feelings yet – which I think you already do but you’re just too in denial to accept it – then Plan A would also help you to assess what you really want. And Plan B, well you already know what Plan B is for. :D

Stephanie: I’m having a headache Jess. I can’t believe all of these are happening.

JSY: I told you just go out with Taeng already! You could have been spared from all this confusion you’re having right now.

Stephanie: You know I don’t see Taetae that way! I like her but not like like her! And please stop pushing that Taetae likes me that way! How many times do I have to tell you that Jess?

JSY: Fine. Suit yourself. If only that midget was brave enough. Or have chosen me instead. Tsk3x.

Stephanie: WHAT?! YOU LIKE TAETAE THAT WAY?!

JSY: Maybe.

Stephanie: WHAT?! YOU LIKE TAETAE THAT WAY?! LIKE LIKE LIKE?!

JSY: See? Even though I’m miles away, I could tell your nostrils are flaring and your eyes are about to pop out from its sockets Tiff. Are you really sure you don’t like Taeng that way?

Stephanie: She’s just a friend Jess. A really really reallyyyyy good friend. And I like having her around. That’s all Jess. Don’t put color to that.

JSY: Stubborn. Fine. If you say so Tiff. Anyways, isn’t it 2AM already there? Don’t you have class tomorrow?

Just then Tiffany checked the time on her laptop screen and her eyes widened with what she saw. It was 2:20 AM already.

Stephanie: OHMYGAHHD! IT’S 2:20AM ALREADY!! I STILL HAVE CLASS AT 7:30!

JSY: Goodmornight Tiff. Sleep tight. Don’t forget to tell me about the progress of your love life okay? :D

Stephanie: Whatever. Goodnight Jessi! And thanks for listening. :D

JSY: Sure thing girlfriend. Go to bed now. Shoo!

Stephanie: okidoki! (:

 

After turning off her laptop, Tiffany then settled herself under the covers ready to sleep. I can’t believe I’m really doing this. Ugggh.

Commencing Plan A. Prepare yourself Kwon Yuri.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Looks like someone has finally faced IT. ^^