Chapter 7

Taming Miss Eyesmile

Yuri was near the university gate when someone blocked her way.

“Excuse me... noona…”

Yuri stopped on her tracks and stared at the nervous and shy looking guy.

“Yes?”

“Uhhh…Noona, I heard you’re Tiffany noona’s roommate.”

Yuri eyed the guy in front of him which caused the guy to be fidgety while standing. Yuri’s stare wasn’t that welcoming nor friendly.

“What about her?” Was Yuri’s flat reply.

“Uhhh…” The guy scratched his head. Yuri’s intense stare was making him sweat more. “Uhhh…C—could you please give these chocolates to Tiffany noona?” The guy extended a box of chocolates to Yuri.

Yuri stayed silent and just stared at the guy and the chocolate on his hand. She raised an eyebrow and shot another intense stare.

“She----uhhh…Tiffany noona helped me with my project so I just wanted to say thank you.” The guy chuckled nervously. Yuri’s stare was no joke.

After a while of some more staring, Yuri finally took the chocolates. “Okay. I will. Anything else?”

“N—nothing noona. Thank you so much.” The guy bowed a couple of times and immediately left.

Yuri stared at the box of chocolates on her hand. She then continued on her way out of the university gate.

*

On her way home while Yuri was holding the chocolate on her hand she saw a trash bin. A mischievous smirk then escaped her lips. She tore the wrapper of the chocolate and threw it on the trash bin. After being satisfied of the result of what she did, she continued on her way home wearing a grin on her face.

*

When Yuri arrived at the apartment she saw Tiffany’s shoes on the shoe rack. But when she arrived at the living room she saw no one.

“Tiffany??!” Yuri shouted from across the living room

“Whaaat?!” Yuri heard a reply coming from Tiffany’s bedroom.

“Some young guy says thank you for helping him on his project.” Yuri shouted again and informed her roommate. But didn’t mention about the chocolate.

“Okaaay.” She heard Tiffany’s answer. After a while of contemplating, Yuri then made her way into her own bedroom.

*

When Tiffany got out of her room she saw Yuri sitting on the couch watching TV with a box of chocolate on the table.

“Oh. Hi.” Yuri greeted Tiffany as the girl made her way into the other end of the couch.

“Hi.” Tiffany greeted back.

“You want some chocolates?” Yuri offered with a big smile.

Tiffany hesitated for a while but her love for food especially chocolates won over her. She shyly nodded with a small smile.

Yuri then took the box and gave it to Tiffany. “Here. It’s yours.”

“Huh?” Tiffany was surprised.

“I’ve been eating since I arrived from school. You can have it.” Yuri ushered for Tiffany to take the box. A smile never leaving her face.

“Oh. Okay. Thank you.” Tiffany could say nothing more. There’s no way she’s going to reject chocolates.

“Sure.” Yuri smiled again and resumed on watching TV. She mentally patted herself. If only you knew about those chocolate. A grin once again escaped Yuri’s lips.

*

Tiffany and her group mates from a minor subject were at the library doing some research when suddenly the guy beside her spoke.

“Hey Tiffany, I heard you’re roommates with the new girl from Japan.”

Tiffany stopped writing and looked at the guy beside her. “Yuri?”

The guy nodded. “You think she’s taken?”

Tiffany stared at her group mate who was busy scanning a book. She has heard the guy has a reputation of his own. A not-so-good-one-of-a-reputation.

After not receiving a response, the guy turned to glance at Tiffany and saw her looking intently at him.

“What do you think? She’s taken?” The guy inquired again.

Tiffany thought for a while then an idea popped into her head.

“I think she’s taken. She’s always on the phone talking with someone or texting someone. There was even a time I think I heard her say something like “baby” or “babe”. Tiffany explained coolly.

“Really?” The guy seemed pretty disappointed.

“Yep. Really.” Tiffany maintained a straight face. She was somehow proud of her brilliant idea. She mentally patted her back and suppressed a proud smile.

The guy could only sigh and shook his head.

A small smile escaped Tiffany’s lips as she observed the guy’s disappointed face while scanning again a book.

***

Tiffany was having literally cold hands and feet. It’s the day of her audition at the school’s musical. Taeyeon was busy with the student body while the rest of the girls also had their own activities to attend to. Tiffany kept on taking in deep breaths to calm herself while standing on one corner waiting for her turn to be called. Suddenly she felt someone hold her hand and squeezed it tight.

“Everything’s gonna be alright.” She heard someone speak.

“Yuri?” Tiffany was surprised to see the girl on her audition day.

Yuri responded with a wide smile.

 “What are you doing here? How did you----”

“I’m your roommate remember? I noticed you were practicing either in the living room when you think I’m not around or inside your room. I also saw the announcement about the musical’s audition so… connect the dots.” Yuri grinned. Quite proud of her “Sherlock Holmes” skills.

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“Where’s Taeng?” Yuri changed the topic.

“She has a meeting with the student body.”

“Ah.” Yuri nodded in understanding.

“Don’t you have a swimming practice?” Tiffany suddenly remembered. Yuri was accepted at the school’s swimming team.

“Nope.” Yuri shook her head and flashed a smile. LIE. They actually have a practice but Yuri excused herself that she has diarrhea.

“Hey have you heard that Soo was sent out of the room by Mr. Park yesterday?” Yuri kept grinning.

“What?! Really?”

Yuri then told the story of how Sooyoung was sent out because she was caught eating inside the laboratory.

Tiffany found herself smiling along. Somehow Yuri has managed to make her feel at ease and calm.

After a while they then heard an announcement telling the next couple of numbers to get ready for their turn. When Tiffany looked down to check her dress, it was only then she noticed her intertwined hand with Yuri.

She wasn’t sure how long have they been holding hands but she then felt her heart thumping. Not because of her upcoming turn in the audition. But because of something else.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

^^