Chapter 13

Taming Miss Eyesmile

When Yuri arrived at the apartment she saw Tiffany sitting by the couch holding something which looked like a letter.

“Hey.” Yuri greeted as she sat at the other end of the couch.

“Hey.” Tiffany greeted back.

“You alright?” Yuri worriedly asked her roommate.

“Yeah…”

“Oh. Okay.” Yuri was about to stand up when she heard Tiffany speak again.

“Yuri, about stalker guy… Isn’t he someone dangerous? Haven’t you reported him to the police yet?”

Yuri glanced at the girl beside her. Surprised at Tiffany’s sudden inquiry.

“Uhh… Well… stalker guy is actually an oppa and a family friend of ours. Sooyoung just gave him the nickname.” Yuri chuckled remembering the funny nickname her cousin has given him.

“We used to be friends. Childhood friends. Soo would always tease us but I never liked him that way. He didn’t also confess. Not until senior year. He confessed that he was actually my secret admirer since junior high.”

Tiffany nodded in understanding. “Why aren’t you friends now?”

“I don’t know.” Yuri shrugged. “I think my rejection made it awkward for him to be friends with me again and to Sooyoung. He never gave up on sending gifts though. Especially on special occasions like birthdays or Christmas. So technically, he isn’t harmful. Oppa must have just liked me a lot. Either as a hoobae or something beyond that. He’s been looking after me since we’ve known each other.”

“But don’t you think making him believe you’re gay is a bit too much just to drive him away?”

Yuri didn’t answer and just shrugged instead.

“Why the sudden interest about him anyway?”

“Well…uhhh… he sent me a letter.” Tiffany hesitantly handed the paper to Yuri.

 

Hello. :)

I know it’s not my place to say such things. I’m sorry but I just couldn't help myself from saying this.

Pleas stop pretending you’re over. You obviously still have feelings for each other. Spare Yoona-ssi from your stubbornness.

 

This will be the last time I’ll be meddling with Yuri’s business. I know I’m creeping you and her out. Sorry. I will stop now.

Please send her my regards. Thank you and sorry once again.

 

P.S.

I wish you and Yuri well. ^^

 

- stalker guy

 

“Wow.” Was all Yuri could say after reading the letter. She wasn’t sure if she should be creeped out or be embarrassed for everything that her oppa has said. Do we really look like we like each other?

“I guess he was just looking after you. It’s amazing that he didn’t buy about you and Yoona though.” Tiffany said as she stood up from the couch.

“Y—yeah.” Yuri chuckled stupidly. Unable to form a coherent statement. Her mind already busy wandering into the wilderness.

***

Yuri was enjoying her cup of coffee on the dining area when she heard the bathroom door open. She almost choked with her drink when she saw Tiffany come out of the bathroom draped with only a towel. Hair dripping wet and arms glistening with moisture.

“I forgot something.” Tiffany sheepishly grinned as she hurriedly ran into her room.

Yuri immediately turned the other side and frantically fanned her burnt tongue. Thanks to the hot coffee she was drinking and to the unexpected scenario with Tiffany.

***

Yuri could feel the lump of food stuck on as she was distracted from gulping it down. Yuri has always found Tiffany pretty even without make up on ordinary days. But today, in full make up, Yuri couldn’t help herself but admire the girl’s beauty even more.

Tiffany came out of her room wearing an off shoulder white dress which hung only just below her knees. Her shiny long brown hair swept to the right revealing her bare left shoulder complemented with a small infinity pendant hanging on her neck. Her fringe covering her forehead and bushy eyebrows emphasizing her mesmerizing eyes.

Seeing Tiffany on this state, Yuri couldn’t help but unknowingly stare. And stare.

“Yuri!”

“H—huh?” Yuri snapped out of it and immediately lowered her head and stuffed with food trying to avoid eye contact. She could feel her ears burning from embarrassment of being caught staring.

“I said how do I look?” Tiffany suppressed a smile. Yuri was obviously staring at her. Caught red handed.

“Oh. Uhh… You look fine. I mean great. Yeah. Fine. Great.” Yuri bit her tongue to stop herself from saying more embarrassing and nonsense things.

“You look great.” Yuri said in finality and nodded still refusing to look up.

“Are you sure? First impressions last. I should look good to oppa.”

It was only then that Yuri glanced up and looked straight to Tiffany’s eyes.

“Oppa? You have a date?”

“Something like that.” Tiffany shyly smiled.

Yuri just stared at Tiffany for a while before finally speaking again.

“I see. Have fun. Take care.” Yuri then stood up and brought her plate into the sink without saying another word.

***

The girls were having their lunch at the cafeteria when Sooyoung suddenly asked something which halted both Tiffany and Yuri from taking another bite from their food.

“By the way Yul, Fany called me last time about stalker guy. Why what happened?”

“You were still at school. I got scared after receiving the letter so I asked Soo.” Tiffany whispered trying to explain to Yuri why Sooyoung was suddenly asking.

Yuri wanted to answer that it was just nothing but she knew her cousin wouldn’t buy it.

“He sent Fany a letter asking if she and I are together.” Yuri steadied her voice trying to appear nonchalant about the matter.

“He what? But why would he think of you two that way?”

“I don’t know. Ask him. Don’t ask me.” Yuri shrugged.

“Why you punk I’m---” Sooyoung was about to grab Yuri but was interrupted by Tiffany’s phone ringing.

“Hello? Oppa?” A smile formed unto Tiffany’s lips as she answered the call and turned sideways away from the girls.

“Who’s she talking to?” Hyoyeon asked to no one in particular.

The rest of the girls shrugged including Yuri.

“Why don’t you know? You live together!” Sooyoung hissed at her cousin.

“How would I know? I’m not her baby sitter.” Yuri answered frowning. Obviously displeased either with Sooyoung or with the girl smiling along while talking on the phone.

***

Tiffany was surprised to see Yuri standing outside her classroom. She just finished her class from a non-major and boring subject. Her last class for the day.

“Hey.” Yuri greeted Tiffany as the girl walked towards where she was standing.

“Hey. What are you doing here? Were you waiting for me?” Tiffany confusingly asked.

“Uhh….Yeah. I got 2 movie passes for Big Hero 6. You want to watch it with me?” Yuri scratched her head. Suddenly feeling embarrassed of indirectly asking Tiffany out.

Yuri could feel her palms sweating. Tiffany was just staring at her and not saying anything.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to. I can ask Sooyoung. Yoong has watched the movie already so I’m---”

“It’s fine. I’d love to. I was planning of watching it this weekend.” Tiffany smiled reassuringly which eased Yuri’s nervousness.

“Okay then let’s go.”

*

Tiffany would have enjoyed fully the movie if only not for one thing. It was really getting cold inside the cinema and she could feel herself shivering. Just then she saw Yuri handing her a jacket.

“Since you don’t like it when I lend my jacket, I brought you an extra one.” Yuri sheepishly smiled as she handed the jacket to the girl beside her.

Tiffany could only stare at Yuri and back to the extra jacket she brought for her. She must have taken too long to respond that the next thing she knew Yuri was draping the jacket on her.

Tiffany hesitantly wore the jacket while Yuri helped her. When she thought everything was done already, she was surprised when Yuri zipped the jacket for her up to her chin securing her safely inside it.

“Better?”

Tiffany could only nod as she buried half her face on the jacket.

Yuri then settled herself back on her seat and resumed on watching. Tiffany did the same and stared back at the big screen. But her mind was nowhere from the movie she was watching. She was silently sniffing Yuri’s jacket as she enjoyed the warm feeling the girl’s jacket was giving her. A small smile crept unto her lips as she buried her face deeper unto the jacket.

***

Yuri went to the mall to buy the stuff she needed for a project. After buying the materials, she thought of taking out pizza and bringing it home. She was on her way to the store when something caught her eye. From a restaurant’s window, she saw Tiffany sitting alone on a table. She was about to make her way into the restaurant and into Tiffany when she saw a tall guy approach Tiffany’s table. Yuri immediately halted her steps and a frown formed unto her eyebrows as she saw Tiffany give the guy a big hug and an eyesmile. Is she on a date?

*

When Tiffany arrived at the apartment, she saw Yuri on the couch watching TV.

“Hey.” Tiffany greeted as she made her way into the living room. When she got no response, she then went to the other end of the couch and sat.

“Hey you okay?” Tiffany asked louder this time making sure that Yuri could hear her.

“Yes.” Was Yuri’s cold reply.

“You sure you’re okay? You seem to have a bad day. What happened?”

“Why are you nosy?”

Tiffany was surprised at Yuri’s response. “I am not!”

“Yes you are.”

“Why are you grumpy?” Tiffany retorted.

“I’m not.” Yuri said flatly. Eyes still glued on the TV never paying a single glace at her roommate.

Silence filled the room as Tiffany could only huff an air out of her nostrils and cross her arms over her chest. What is wrong with her this time?!

“It’s late. Don’t you know it’s not safe to still be out on the streets at this time of the night?” Yuri said nonchalantly. Still not glancing at Tiffany’s direction.

“Now who’s being nosy?” Tiffany perked an eyebrow and turned to Yuri’s direction.

“I’m not being nosy. Just saying it’s not safe to still be out this late.”

“I wasn’t alone being out this late so it’s fine. I was with a friend.”

“Oh. Right. A friend.” Was Yuri’s cold reply.

Does she know I’m with oppa? Tiffany suppressed a smirk as she decided to test the waters.

“Yes. A friend. And I’m pretty sure HE can defend me whatever happens if that’s what you’re concerned about.”

“I’m not concerned. Just doing a favor for Taeng. Remember?” Yuri finally glanced at Tiffany. It was only then that Yuri realized the cold words that escaped . She saw hurt in Tiffany’s eyes as they held eye contact for a while before Tiffany finally stood up.

“I remember. But like I told you, you don’t have to babysit me. And stop doing Taetae a favor. She might appreciate it, but I won’t.” Tiffany flatly stated as she stood up. Yuri’s harsh words surprisingly pained her more than she expected. So I’m just a favor huh?

Tiffany was halfway to her room when she heard a loud thud on the floor. When she looked back she saw Yuri sprawled on the floor face down. “What are you doing?”

Yuri immediately stood up and dusted herself. “I uhhh... I was to go after you in haste but I… I tripped.” Yuri scratched her nape and avoided eye contact. She mentally cursed herself for being clumsy.

“Why would you go after me? Is there something else you want to tell me?” Tiffany stated flatly. Suppressing a smile as she observed the obviously embarrassed Yuri in front of her.

“S—sorry. I didn’t mean it that way.”

“Which one don’t you mean that way?” Tiffany is definitely amused seeing a shy Yuri.

“That… that I’m just doing stuff for Taeng’s favor.”

“Oh. Okay. Anything else?”

“Uhhh… Have you had dinner already?” Yuri hesitantly asked.

“Have you?” Somehow Tiffany didn’t want to end the interaction with Yuri yet.

“Yes. But I feel hungry again.” Yuri unconsciously pouted as she held her stomach.

Tiffany was surprised seeing a pouting Yuri. She didn’t know such thing existed with Yuri’s system. I didn’t know you have aegyo.

“You want to grab some snack at the minimart?”

Yuri’s eyes immediately lit up and the girl nodded.

“Okay then. Let’s buy some.” Tiffany smiled as she amusingly observed Yuri and the sudden change of the girl’s mood.

“I’ll just get my wallet.” Yuri grinned and dashed off to her room

Why were you so grumpy earlier huh? By any chance, are you jealous? A smirk escaped Tiffany’s lips as she was left staring at Yuri’s retreating figure.

You are really interesting Kwon Yuri.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

How was it for a grumpy Yuri? ^^

or did she seem like a bipolar here? lol

 

I was about to end this in a few chapters but then I thought of something. :D

I hope you'll like it. Let's add up some spice and twist to their denial and confused minds. ^^