Chapter 10

Taming Miss Eyesmile

After that drunken incident, Tiffany noticed that Yuri seemed to be avoiding her. During breakfast the girl would often skip meals or eat breakfast ahead of her. Even during dinner Yuri would not wait anymore for Tiffany or join her for dinner. Since they’ve been roommates Tiffany was used with having meals together with Yuri. The girl would often wait for her for breakfast then they would eat together and even leave together for school. On evenings they would have dinner together either on the dining table or in front of the TV. Though it has always been Yuri who waits up for her or joins her on meals, Tiffany somehow was used having the girl around.  Tiffany had been wanting to know the sudden change in Yuri’s behavior but she’s too afraid to ask so she just quietly observes Yuri whenever there’s a chance of seeing the girl inside their apartment.

*

It’s almost midnight and Tiffany decided to call it a day. After turning off the TV and washing her used glass, she heard the front door opening. She was surprised to see Yuri come home this late. Oftentimes, it’s her who comes home late and Yuri would be home fast asleep.

“Yuri?” Tiffany tried to call the girl nearing the kitchen. She has just turned off the lights and the lights coming from the windows were the only ones illuminating the kitchen.

Tiffany didn’t hear any response but she could hear continued steps nearing her. She could also see the girl’s silhouette approaching. Tiffany was surprised when Yuri continued on walking towards her. She took a couple of steps backwards until her back was against the wall.

“Wh—what a---are y—you d—doing…” Tiffany could feel her heart pulsating. Yuri’s face was only a few inches from her while their bodies pressed against each other.

Yuri chuckled and placed her palms on the wall trapping Tiffany’s head between her arms.

Tiffany gulped. With the illumination from the windows, she could see Yuri’s eyes burning while looking at her.

“A—are y—you dr—drunk?” Tiffany tried to steady her voice.

“Just tipsy.” Tiffany heard the girl in front of her speak. She was about to talk more but then she saw Yuri leaning in. Tiffany held her breath as she felt the girl’s hot breath on her ear.

“Goodnight...” Yuri’s voice was husky sending chills unto Tiffany’s spine. Tiffany could feel her mind and heart in complete chaos. She could feel her ear sting and her cheeks burning from the slight touch against Yuri’s cheeks. She could feel her knees weaken as Yuri blew a small hot breath against her ear. 

Tiffany snapped out of her daze when she heard Yuri’s bedroom door closed. She found herself glued on the floor and leaning against the wall for support while her senses were heightened and herself palpitating. What the… what is happening.…

***

Tiffany was standing against the counter and staring far ahead. The things happening the past few days was causing her to zone out more often. A lot of things are going on inside her head and majority of them, she couldn’t figure out exactly.

Tiffany was interrupted with her train of thoughts when she saw Yuri approaching. A surge of panic ran through her system when she saw Yuri stopped right in front of her.

“W—what i--is i---it?…” Tiffany stuttered. Yuri’s presence was making her feel a lot of things she couldn’t explain.

A smirk escaped Yuri’s lips as she leaned in unto Tiffany’s ear. “Just getting some sugar.”

Tiffany shivered at the feel of Yuri’s hot breath on her ear. Her breath hitched as the girl’s arm slightly brushed against her waist as the girl reached for the sugar container behind her.

“Thanks.” Yuri held the container and smiled. She then left the kitchen carrying the sugar with her.

Tiffany was left rooted in place with her veins pulsating all over her. Damn that sugar!

***

When Tiffany arrived at the apartment she saw a bouquet of flowers and chocolates on the table. Meanwhile, Yuri was sitting on the couch staring on the floor and in obviously deep thought. Tiffany was about to walk past Yuri and head to her room when she heard Yuri speak.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

Tiffany froze in place. Her heart suddenly beating erratically on her chest. G—girlfriend?

“W---what a—are you t—talking a—about?” Tiffany was at a loss. She hasn’t even figured out yet the things happening inside her and now she’s being faced with the question.

Tiffany didn’t hear any response. When she turned around she was surprised to see Yuri standing in front of her with an unreadable expression on her face.

Yuri took another step forward which made Tiffany unconsciously take a step back. Yuri’s way of looking at her was making Tiffany’s heart go even more erratic. Another step back until Tiffany could feel the back of the couch.

“Will you, be my girlfriend, Tiffany?”

Tiffany could swear her heart must have snapped a couple of vessels attached to it. Matters even became worse when she felt Yuri cup her left cheek still not breaking eye contact.

“I…” Tiffany’s voice croaked. Everything is making her mind and heart in overdrive.

Then she saw Yuri heave out a deep sigh and retracted her hand and took a step back.

“Stalker guy is back. He is asking if I broke up with the girl at the bookstore.” Yuri stated as she took a step back from Tiffany.

Tiffany could only open and close it again. She didn’t actually know what to say.

As Yuri didn’t get any response from Tiffany, she continued on while swinging her right leg and looking on the floor as she tried to compose herself.

“Uhhh…I was thinking of two things actually… One, to have you pretend to be my girlfriend. Since well, she saw us at the bookstore…and uhhh---well….you know….uhh… he believes we’re together….” Yuri internally cursed herself for acting stupid instead of explaining it in a much better way.

“And the second thing?” Tiffany finally found her voice.

“Well…if you don’t agree to pretend to be my girlfriend…Uhhh… I might ask someone else to do it… Maybe....Yoong.” Yuri shrugged as she finally made eye contact with Tiffany.

Tiffany wasn’t sure if it was only her eyes playing tricks on her but she somehow found Yuri’s expression to be asking her to say yes. Tiffany just stared at Yuri unable to give the girl an answer.

Yuri let out another sigh before speaking again. “Just…think about it first. I’ll ask about your decision tomorrow.” Yuri then headed to her room, but before she turned the doorknob she turned again to a still standing Tiffany.

“You can have the chocolates. I know you like one.” Yuri gave a small smile before entering her room.

Tiffany could only stare at the now closed room. An internal battle was beginning to engulf her. Again. Should I agree to pretend to be her girlfriend? But if I don’t, then she’ll have Yoona instead. But it shouldn’t really bother me if she finds someone else to pretend to be her girlfriend. Should it?

Tiffany groaned as she was now left with yet another puzzle to solve for herself.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Okay so I need your active participation and your help here. T__T

Should I go for YoonYul or Yulti to pretend to be a couple? Please explain your choice well. :D

I was thinking of how to approach this story actually. You know...the pretend we're a couple or have someone else pretend to be a couple and then....well... I don't know. I'm confused really. Help please? kekeke~

Don't worry this will still end with Yulti though. ;))

This will be unlike Trouble which was initially to end with Taeny and Yulsic but since you readers wanted to give a chance for Yulti and Taengsic, I somehow changed the course of the story. :))

So, you see? I do consider your opinions dear readers. ^^