Chapter 3

Taming Miss Eyesmile

Tiffany woke up in the middle of the night with a full bladder. She hastily got up, ran outside her room and into the bathroom without closing her bedroom door. When she was done doing her thing she returned to her room and locked the door. She slipped into the covers and turned to her right letting herself relax to fall back to sleep. As she closed her eyes she felt a pair of arms slip unto her waist and someone snuggle her from the back. Her eyes fluttered open and she immediately stood up from bed. She the bedside lamp and her eyes went wide as she saw Yuri sleeping on her bed with mouth slightly agape and lightly snoring. What the…

“Yah!” Tiffany shook the sleeping girl but got no response. “Yah! Yah!” She shook her again. God. She’s even worse than a sleeping Sica. She groaned. After a few failed attempts, Tiffany saw Yuri stir.

Yuri felt someone mercilessly shaking her. She groggily half opened her eyes and saw Tiffany glaring at her.

“What do you want?” Yuri closed again her eyes. She was still very sleepy.

Tiffany stared at Yuri incredulously. “Yah!” She shook her again.

 “Hmmm….” Was Yuri’s lazy reply.

“Yah! GET OUT OF MY ROOM!”

What the hell is she talking about it's the middle of the--- Yuri’s eyes immediately shot open. She stared at Tiffany then to the lit bedside lamp. Her eyes travelled to the things on top of the bedside table then to the bed she was in. Oh ! Yuri hastily stood up and took a step back from the bed and from the glaring Tiffany.

“I’m sorry. I am so sorry. I must have slept walked here. Please lock your door next time.” Yuri incessantly bowed and dashed outside the room without waiting for a reply from room owner.

Tiffany was left staring at the closed door. She’s a sleep walker? You have such a weird cousin Soo. A erted sleep walker.

***

The next day Tiffany woke up earlier than usual. She didn’t have much sleep after the sleep walking incident the night before. Her mind kept on playing the arms that slipped unto her waist and hugged her from the back. Now her mind had two things to play with. The kiss at the bookstore and the snuggle-in-bed incident. Aish! What the hell?! Tiffany has become more frustrated than ever. She doesn’t understand why she’s acting the way she’s acting and thinking the way she’s thinking. And she blamed it all to Yuri.

Just then Yuri’s door burst open and came out a Yuri with disheveled hair while holding a towel and other stuff for bathing.

“I’m late. I’m late. I’m going to be lateeee.” Yuri kept cursing. When she made passed the kitchen she saw Tiffany drinking a glass of milk. She hesitantly stopped and greeted her grumpy roommate.

“G---good morning.” Yuri awkwardly smiled then resumed on running towards the bathroom without waiting for a response. She was still embarrassed of sleep walking into Tiffany’s room last night.

Tiffany just stared at her and resumed on drinking her milk. She kept on thinking of how her life would be now while living with Yuri under the same roof. Seeing the erted sleep walker every day. Tiffany let out a frustrated sigh.

***

When Yuri returned home her brows were furrowed. She was upset.

Earlier that morning she hastily took a bath, fixed herself, skipped breakfast and ran towards school. But when she reached the university’s gate she was greeted by the security guard telling her that there’s no class for the day because it’s the school year’s university meeting. After thanking the guard Yuri walked home with heavy steps.

When Yuri reached their apartment she saw Tiffany sitting comfortably on the couch while watching TV. She purposely kicked the door to close it with a bang. She was still pissed off for not being told earlier that there’s no class. She could have had longer sleep or a decent breakfast. When she glanced at Tiffany’s direction the girl was unaffected by her mini-tantrums. The girl was engrossed watching TV and never paid a single attention to her. This made Yuri even more upset. She stomped her way into the living room and stood just behind the tape separating her and Tiffany.

Tiffany saw Yuri standing beside her but ignored her anyway. She kept on watching the TV even though she wasn’t understanding anything about the show.

Yuri noticed how Tiffany ignored her. So she did what she ought to do to finally get the girl’s attention. She took a big step crossing the pink tape and stood right in front of Tiffany.

Tiffany’s eyes widened in surprise as she saw Yuri standing in front her obviously crossing their pink tape boundary. She was about to protest but Yuri hovered above her trapping her head between her left and right arms.

Yuri placed both her hands on top of the backrest while trapping Tiffany’s head in between them. She then lowered her own head closing their gap until their eyes meet.

“Why didn’t you tell me we have no class today, Miss class president?” Yuri’s husky voice sent chills on Tiffany’s spine. Add up their close proximity, Tiffany’s heart began pounding hard against her chest. But she had no intention of backing down at Yuri’s challenging eyes.

“You didn’t ask.” Tiffany answered coolly. Ignoring her suddenly thumping heart.

Yuri heard Tiffany's cool reply. Obviously unaffected by her sudden intrusion of the girl’s personal space. Yuri stared at her for a moment then eventually pulled away and stood up.

“Sorry for crossing the boundary.” Yuri said nonchalantly then made her way into her room.

Tiffany was left stunned. Her heart beating faster than usual. If she wasn’t mistaken, she saw Yuri’s eyes travel down her lips for a split second before the girl pulled away.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sssshort update. ^^