Chapter 11

Taming Miss Eyesmile

The girls were off on a fieldtrip for their non-major subject. It was the only common subject they all have although their schedules for the subject are different. It was a two-day fieldtrip and the girls were pretty excited.

*

Yoona was fast asleep while comfortably resting her head unto Yuri’s shoulder. Oftentimes, Yoona’s head would slip off from where it is resting but Yuri would gently held her head and rest it back again on her shoulder. After sometime, Yuri offered for Yoona to sleep on her lap and use the pillow that she brought for her head to rest comfortably. Yoona happily agreed and immediately dozed off to sleep on Yuri’s lap. Yuri could only shake her head and smile at her sleepyhead dongsaeng.

From the other side of the bus, Tiffany could clearly see the things happening. She wasn’t intentionally peeking (or maybe not) but from her side of the seat she has a good view of Yuri and Yoona. As she was resting her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, her eyes never left the two figures from across their seat. Tiffany unconsciously furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Yuri gently brushing Yoona’s hair while the girl was sleeping.

***

Tiffany could only stare at her pink travelling bag as Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun made their way into the other tent. She could only internally protest as she was left with Taeyeon, Yoona and Yuri to share a tent with. It was all because of the big-mouthed Sooyoung that she ended up rooming with Yuri. Again. Sooyoung insisted that she must room with shorties Sunny and Hyoyeon to have bigger room for herself on the tent. And with uptight Seohyun to wake her up early in the morning. Tiffany could only give the shikshin a glare as she was defeated to choose her roommates.

***

The girls were busy doing their field activities for the whole day. But Tiffany never failed to notice how Yuri was taking care of Yoona. She noticed how Yuri would often offer to carry some of Yoona’s stuff or how she would offer Yoona a drink or food. During meals she also noticed how Yuri would carry the food tray containing both their ordered food. She would also hear how Yuri would reprimand Yoona if the girl kept on insisting to drink soft drinks instead of water. Yoona would whine but still end up obeying Yuri anyway.

Yuri has informed them about their “pretense” relationship. The rest of the girls seemed unaffected by these gestures of Yuri and Yoona though. Except Tiffany.

***

It was the last day of the trip and the class will be returning back to school tomorrow.  After begging their teacher to allow them, the girls finally got what they wanted. A campfire and a couple of drinks.

Yuri was already tipsy but she still managed to bring Yoona back to their tent. Yoona has passed out due to alcohol so Yuri excused herself and took Yoona to bed. After making sure that Yoona was sleeping comfortably on the tent, Yuri then decided to go back to the campfire and finish their drinks. As she made her way to the campfire she was surprised to see Tiffany walking towards her way. Swaying. Obviously, tipsy also.

“Where’s Yoong?” Tiffany asked as she stopped a few steps away from the standing Yuri.

“Sleeping. Where’s Taeng?” Yuri asked back as she stared at the girl in front of her.

“Why do you always ask about Taeng?”

“Why do you always ask about Yoong?”

“Copycat.” Tiffany rolled her eyes as she heard Yuri fire back her question. Both girls were already having loose tongues thanks to the alcohol.

“Are you sure you’re just acting with Yoong? You two seem to be pretty real to be just a pretense couple.” Tiffany’s eyebrows furrowed as her eyes pierced unto Yuri.

Yuri chuckled with what she just heard.

“What’s funny?” Tiffany perked an eyebrow and glared at Yuri.

“Yoong and I must be really good actors if we managed to convince even you that we are a couple. I didn’t know we were doing that great.” Yuri grinned. Proud of her and Yoona’s achievement.

Tiffany scoffed. Obviously pissed at the answer she received.

“Out of my way.” Tiffany took a couple of angry steps forward and shoved Yuri out of her way.

Yuri was caught off guard and lost her balance. She quickly grabbed Tiffany for support but the two ended up on the ground together. With Yuri lying on the ground falling first while Tiffany laid on top of her.

“Why did you pull me?!” Tiffany hissed as she laid on top of Yuri.

“Why did you push me?” Yuri smirked as she enjoyed watching an annoyed Tiffany up close.

Tiffany was about to pull herself up but Yuri held her in place. She threw another glare at the smiling Yuri. “Let go.”

Yuri grinned wider and shook her head refusing to let go of Tiffany.

“Let go or I’ll slap you.” Tiffany warned still glaring at Yuri.

“I dare you.” A smirk played on Yuri’s lips as she held eye contact with Tiffany.

Tiffany was about to lift her hand and ready to slap the smirking Yuri but what happened next caught her by surprise.

She felt Yuri’s lips lock against hers.

“Why did you kiss me?” Tiffany tried to steady her voice after she pulled away.

“Why did you kiss me back?” a smirk making its way again unto Yuri’s lips.

“I did not!” Tiffany protested.

“Yes you did.” Yuri replied coolly.

“Of course I did not!” Tiffany was getting annoyed at Yuri’s cockiness.

“Of course you did.”

Tiffany was fuming with annoyance. For the whole trip Yuri has been getting unto Tiffany’s nerves for the reason she wasn’t sure of herself.

“I’m drunk.” Tiffany stated flatly and glared.

“I’m also drunk.” Yuri shrugged.

Tiffany could only groan in exasperation and forcefully pushed herself up. Purposely placing her hands over Yuri’s shoulders as she pushed up herself.

Yuri yelped upon the sudden weight on her shoulders. Tiffany threw her another glare before the girl stormed into their tent without paying another glance at the yelping Yuri.

***

Tiffany didn’t bother to go out the tent and return at the campfire. She just laid there wide awake and staring at the roof of the tent. Her hand unconsciously reached and touched her lips. No. Tiffany shook her head and groaned.

After a few minutes Tiffany saw Taeyeon enter their tent.

“Hey. I thought you were asleep already. You didn’t return at the campfire. Sunny and Sooyoung were bickering again.” Taeyeon’s face and neck were all red though she hasn’t drank that much. Alcohol isn’t just too friendly to her so she only drinks occasionally.

“Just felt laying down. It was also getting cold out there.” Tiffany felt guilty of lying. But the things happening between her and Yuri is something she couldn’t share even to her best friend.

“Oh. You should’ve told me. I would have lend you my jacket.” Taeyeon spoke as she settled herself between Tiffany and Yoona.

“It’s okay Taetae. Go to sleep now. You’re all red. Umma will smack you tomorrow if she sees you in that condition again.” Tiffany grinned and changed the topic as she brushed Taeyeon’s hair.

“Hmmm… Goodnight Fany-ah.” Taeyeon answered already half asleep. The alcohol was obviously knocking out the midget.

“Goodnight Taetae.” Tiffany continued on Taeyeon’s hair. Sleep trying to avoid her drunken state.

*

After a few minutes, Tiffany heard shuffling of feet outside the tent. It must be Yuri this time. Tiffany immediately turned to her side facing the wall of the tent and with her back facing Taeyeon.

Yuri stood outside the tent for a while. She wasn’t sure if Tiffany is asleep already or not. Though a part of her wished the girl is fast asleep while the other part wished for the girl to still be awake. When she entered the tent she saw Tiffany on her side facing the tent. But what caught Yuri’s attention was Taeyeon’s arm on Tiffany’s side of the waist. The sleeping girl was making Tiffany her teddy bear while Tiffany did nothing about the arm. Yuri fought the urge to remove the arm from Tiffany’s side. She was afraid to wake the girls up. A sigh escaped her lips as she made her way to the other side of the tent beside Yoona.

A couple of minutes has passed but sleep avoided Yuri. Her mind is wide awake as she turned to her side with her back facing Yoona. She just stared at the side of the tent she was facing. Her mind too occupied with a lot of things.

Yuri was surprised when she felt Yoona’s leg on her thigh. A smile formed unto Yuri’s lips as she heard her dongsaeng’s snore obviously sleeping soundly.

*

Tiffany was about to finally doze off to sleep when she felt her phone beside her pillow vibrate. She was surprised to see a message from the girl laying two persons across from her.

Bookstore evil: Hey…are you still awake?

Tiffany thought for a while and decided to ignore the message. But after not drowsing off to sleep again, she eventually took her phone and typed a reply.

Class president: No. I’m fast asleep.

Bookstore evil: Then why are you still replying?

Class president: Because you’re still texting. >.<

Bookstore evil: Did I wake you up? T_T

Class president: YES!

Bookstore evil: You shouldn’t sleep with your phone near you to not be disturbed from your sleep.

Class president: I’ll sleep next time with my phone outside the room.

Bookstore evil: Really? O.o

Class president: Of course not! >.< Aren’t you sleeping yet?!

Bookstore evil: I’m not sleepy yet. Are you?

Class president: No.

Yuri hesitated for a while about bringing up the topic but decided to still give it a try.

Bookstore evil: Ohh… I have something to ask.

Class president: What?

Bookstore evil: About earlier… outside the tent.

Class president: NO.

Bookstore evil: But…

Class president: Goodnight Yuri.

Yuri heaved a sigh as she read Tiffany’s reply. Just like the first incident at the bookstore, Tiffany didn’t want to talk about such things.

Bookstore evil: Okay. Sorry. Goodnight Fany. Sleep well.

 

Tiffany returned her phone beside her pillow. A sigh escaped her lips as she tried to avoid yet another topic from Yuri.

We’re just drunk Yuri. Just drunk.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sorry if it's lame. T__T

 

 

I think it's about time.. Soon.. Unleashing Hwang Miyoung. The Kwon Yuri way.

;))