Chapter 6

Taming Miss Eyesmile

It was a Saturday and Yuri had no other plans in mind but to laze around the apartment. She’d do all the schoolwork on Sunday and cram everything.

Afternoon came and Yuri noticed something odd. She hasn’t seen Tiffany come out of her room since this morning. She stared at her roommate’s closed door. After a while of contemplating, Yuri stood up and walked over to Tiffany’s bedroom door. She softly knocked but heard no response. She hesitantly turned the doorknob and peeked inside the room. There she saw a figure on the bed under the covers. She slowly made her way inside and into the bed. It’s late in the afternoon. Why is she still under the covers? Is she cold? Yuri took a step closer on the bed and observed Tiffany’s sleeping figure. She was surprised to realize what was actually happening to her roommate. The girl was curled like a ball and shivering under the covers.

Yuri touched Tiffany’s forehead and immediately retracted her hand after. The girl was burning with fever. She hastily ran outside and into her bedroom to get some more blankets. After covering Tiffany with layers of blankets, she noticed the girl was still shivering.

Yuri stared at the shivering figure on the bed. She took a deep breath before taking a step closer. You have to do it Yuri. She’s shivering. A couple of deep breaths were made until finally Yuri slowly slipped under the covers and gave Tiffany what was needed. Body heat. After a while Yuri noticed Tiffany slowly relax and her shivering subsided.

***

Tiffany stirred and was about to move when she felt something restrain her from moving. She felt a pair of arms wrapped around her. Her eyes widened in surprise as she realized she was practically hugging someone and being hugged by someone. She was about to bolt up when she heard a voice.

“Don’t you dare push me off the bed again.”

Tiffany’s eyes almost popped out from its sockets when she glanced up and saw Yuri with eyes still closed. She was about to protest but was cut off when Yuri spoke again.

“I was wondering why you didn’t come out the whole day so I checked on you. I saw you shivering so I covered you with more blankets. My blankets actually because I don’t know where your blankets are. But you were still shivering so I gave you…. body heat.” Yuri explained calmly. Though in truth she was nowhere calm inside.

Tiffany fell silent and slowly retracted her arms from around Yuri.

Yuri did the same and sat up. She touched Tiffany’s forehead with the back of her hand. “Hmmm… You still have fever but at least you’re not burning anymore.”

“Stay here. I made you soup.” Yuri then stood up and left the room.

*

Yuri returned with a bowl of soup and a glass of water. Tiffany sat up and was about to reach the bowl but Yuri held it away from her reach.

“Nu-uh.” Yuri shook her head.

“I can manage. I’m not in a comma.” Tiffany retorted.

Yuri shook again her head. “You haven’t eaten all day. Your arms are probably weak due to hunger. And you're sick.”

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. She has just heard of such thing. She attempted to grab again the bowl but Yuri held it away from her reach.

“For once, just stop being stubborn and listen to me okay?” Yuri sternly stated.

Tiffany slowly retracted her hand and pouted. Like a kid being reprimanded.

Yuri suppressed a smile. A pouting Tiffany was becoming a cute sight for her.

Against all her will, Tiffany ate while being fed. She ate silently unconsciously pouting while staring at the soup on the bowl avoiding eye contact with Yuri. Then something caught her eyes. She noticed the Mickey Mouse design on the bowl and on the handle of the spoon. She likes Mickey Mouse? Tiffany suppressed a smile and mentally made a note to check the girl’s utensils next time.

After Tiffany was done eating, Yuri stood up. “I’m going to buy medicine at the pharmacy and also fruits at the minimart. Stay here and get some more rest. By the way, have you told Taeng you’re sick?”

Tiffany shook her head. “If Taetae finds out I’m sick, there’s no stopping her from coming over.”

“Ah.” Yuri nodded in understanding. She forgot about the pink tapes scattered all over their place.

“Okay then. If you want something just text or call me.” Yuri then headed out of the room.

***

After Yuri bought medicine from the nearby pharmacy, she went on to the minimart to buy some fruits for Tiffany. She was checking the fruit section when she felt her phone vibrate.

Class President calling…

“Yuri-aah~”

Yuri was surprised at what she heard from the other line. It wasn’t “Hey”, or the cold-toned “Yuri”. A small smile unconsciously crept unto Yuri’s lips.

Yuri continued on listening at the list of food Tiffany wanted to eat. When the call ended the smile was still plastered on her face. Can I wish of her to be sick always? She’s warmer and a lot less like a lioness when she’s sick. Yuri chuckled at the silly thought.

***
When Tiffany woke up, the room was dimly lit. The light source was only coming from the lamp on her bedside table. Then she noticed a figure sleeping on a chair beside the table.

“Yuri?” Tiffany reached the sleeping figure and shook it.

“Yuri-ah.” Tiffany continued on shaking the girl.

Yuri was woken up when she felt someone shaking her. When she opened her eyes she saw Tiffany looking at her.

Yuri stood up and went to check Tiffany’s fever. She felt the girl’s forehead, “You’re not burning with fever anymore. That’s good.” She then returned to her seat and stared back at Tiffany.

“Why are you sleeping on the chair?” Tiffany curiously and confusingly asked.

“After dinner, you fell asleep. You shivered for a while so I covered you again with blankets. If you shiver again later tonight I’m going to take you to the hospital tomorrow.” Yuri explained as she made herself comfortable on the chair. Ready to sleep again.

Tiffany quietly observed Yuri who was ready to get back to sleep on the chair. She thought for a while before speaking. “Uhhh…Yuri…”

“Hmmm?” Yuri answered with her eyes closed and arms crossed against her chest while sitting on the chair.

“You…you can take the other s--side of the bed. You’ll get your back sore if you sleep there.” Tiffany hesitantly offered. She wasn’t sure why but she could feel her cheeks heating up. She was just thankful for the dimly lit room or else her flushed cheeks would have been obvious.

Yuri opened her eyes and skeptically eyed Tiffany.

“I—I won’t push you off the bed.” Tiffany shyly smiled.

Yuri thought for a while and considered the offer. Her back and neck was starting to get sore actually.

“Okay.” Yuri then stood up and slowly made her way on the other side of the bed. She hesitantly slipped under the covers and set as far distance as possible from Tiffany. She could already feel the edge of the bed. That’s how far Yuri has set herself on the other side of the bed.

***

When Yuri woke up she felt something heavy on her left arm and something across her waist. When she opened her eyes she was surprised to see the crown of Tiffany’s head just below her chin. The girl was obviously hugging her while asleep and so did she. She was also hugging a sleeping Tiffany.

Yuri was about to retract her arms when suddenly she felt Tiffany stir. The girl snuggled closer resting her head on the crook of Yuri's neck and hugging her tighter. Yuri stiffened and caught her breath. She could feel her face burn even up to her ears. She was thankful that Tiffany was asleep for her face was definitely all flushed.

Yuri could feel her heart had begun pounding hard against her chest that she was worried it would wake Tiffany up. So she slowly took a peek at the sleeping figure resting on her arms. After a while, she immediately shifted her eyes somewhere else. The idea of staring at Tiffany made her pounding heart go even more erratic.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Too much Yulti moments? Yes? No?

What do you think? :))

I want to know your thoughts about the story. XD

How about a jealous Yuri and a jealous Tiffany?

You like that? ^^

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[updated] 141022

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS TAENY FLIRTATION LEVEL 999999999?!

THIS IS JUST TOO MUCH!!! ><

Yulti, Yulsic, Taengsic and all other shippers, group huggg. T____T