Chapter 16

Taming Miss Eyesmile

The weekdays have been especially busy for Tiffany. She even only got a few minutes to spend lunch with her friends and Jessica. The end of spring play have been eating up almost all of her time.

After wrapping things up with the production team of the play, Tiffany headed straight home. When she entered the apartment she was greeted by an unexpected scene.

Yuri was hugging Jessica while the girl’s back.

“Oh you’re home. Hi.” Yuri greeted Tiffany as she saw her roommate enter the living room.

Don’t Hi me. “Care to share what happened?” Tiffany was displeased at the scene she just witnessed.

“Sica was crying a while ago. She got a message from her sister that their dog Tyler just died.” Yuri explained in behalf of Jessica.

Tiffany stopped herself from perking an eyebrow. There is really something wrong in Yuri’s story.

“Uhh…. Yuri, could you go get Jessi some water please? I’ll take care of this.” Tiffany ushered for Yuri to stand up and leave them alone.

By the time Yuri has finally left the living room, Tiffany slapped Jessica’s arm and scooted closer to her best friend.

“Yah! Just when did you like dogs?” Tiffany hissed.

“Never did.” Jessica fixed herself as she faced Tiffany.

“Then who is Tyler?”

“Our neighbor’s dog.”

“What?! Then why were you crying over your neighbor’s dog?”

“Nothing.” Jessica shrugged.

“Then why were you hugging Yuri?!” Tiffany couldn’t hide her jealousy.

“Nothing.” Jessica wore a smirk which annoyed Tiffany even more.

“Yah! What the hell are you planning Jung Sooyeon?! I am so going to skin you alive!”

“Just relax Tiff. You’ll thank me later.” Jessica gave her obviously annoyed best friend a smug face.

“Why yo-----” Tiffany was cut off when Yuri came back with a glass of water.

“Here you go.” Yuri handed Jessica the glass of water.

“Thank you Yuri.” Jessica gave Yuri her sweetest smile.

Tiffany who was sitting beside her stopped herself from grabbing the glass of water and throwing the contents to her wicked best friend. What the hell are you planning this time Jung Sooyeon?

***

Tiffany woke up early for the final checking of the play. When she reached the kitchen she saw Yuri filling her bottle with water. She was about to greet her roommate when suddenly Jessica walked in wearing a hot pink sports bra revealing her flat stomach, paired with a pink knit running shorts illuminating her milky white legs.

“Good morning Tiff!” Jessica greeted brightly as she made past her stunned best friend.

Tiffany couldn’t believe her eyes. Jessica is wide awake this early? And in sportswear?

“Where are you going?” Tiffany blurted out as she faced Jessica who stood beside Yuri and took her bottle of water from Yuri’s grasp.

“Jogging with Yuri.” Jessica answered nonchalantly.

You? Jogging? Waking up early? WTF is really happening here?

“Oh.” Was all Tiffany could say. Her eyes watched Yuri like a hawk. She knew how Jessica’s charms work. She wasn’t sure if she guessed it correctly, but she somehow had the idea of what Jessica was doing.

“Wanna join us Fany?” Yuri knew Tiffany was busy but wanted to ask anyway. She might get a yes.

“You know I’m kinda busy Yuri-ah. Sorry. Maybe next time.  Jessica will accompany you anyway.”

“Oh…” Yuri nodded in understanding. Tiffany has been quite busy lately and she has somehow missed her roommate.

“Are you ready Yuri?” Jessica interrupted.

“Yeah. I’m good to go.”

“Let’s go then. Bye Tiff. See you later.” Jessica winked and bid her best friend goodbye.

“Bye. You take care guys. Enjoy.” Tiffany added the last word in a whisper. She suddenly felt nervous of how Jessica’s plan would turn out.

***

After spending the night at Bora’s house, Tiffany hurriedly went home the next day. She has still to skin Jessica alive.

Jessi: Hey Tiff, I’m gonna be sleeping at Yuri’s room. I left the key inside your room. I can’t go inside. Take care there at Bora’s! ;)

Stepho: WHAT?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND JUNG SOOYEON?!

Jessi: I’m perfectly fine Tiff. And besides I already asked Yuri if it’s okay with her and she said its fine.

Stepho: WHAT?!

Jessi: Relax Tiff. Don’t worry too much. Go back to what you’re doing there. Mwah! xoxo.

Stepho: Yah!

Stepho: JUNG SOOYEON! YAH!

Wait till I get my hands on you Jessica Jung. Tiffany mumbled as she made her way upstairs. When she entered the apartment she was surprised to see Yuri sleeping on the couch. The TV still on standby mode. Did she fell asleep watching TV? She then made her way into Yuri’s room.

There she found a sleeping Jessica.

“Yah!” Tiffany mercilessly shook the sleeping girl.

“Hmmm…” Jessica stirred.

“Yah! What the hell happened last night?!” Tiffany tried hard to keep her voice down as to not wake Yuri up.

“Nothing. Don’t overreact.” Jessica mumbled and covered herself with a pillow.

Tiffany grabbed the pillow and shook again her best friend. “What do you mean nothing? You knew she was a stupid hugger when she sleeps!”

Jessica groaned and finally sat up. “She did not sleep here. On the same bed with me. Happy?”

“Really?” As bipolar as it may sound, but Tiffany had a 360 degrees turn of the mood.

“Now you’re smiling like an idiot.” Jessica wore a smug face.

“Am not!” Tiffany couldn’t help her cheeks from burning.

“God you’re so whipped.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Whatever. Did she sleep there at the couch? But how? I thought she was okay with sharing a bed with you?” Tiffany couldn’t hide her curiosity.

“That’s what I also thought. I came in ahead and rested. It was almost midnight but she still didn’t get in so I went out and asked her. She gave me the excuse that she still has this TV show to watch. She’ll just follow after the show ends. And so that’s it. The next time I went out she was already fast asleep on the couch. I think she really didn’t want to share a bed. She knows how she sleeps I guess.” Jessica added with a shrug.

“Oh.” Tiffany nodded in understanding. Somehow, the subtle rejection of Yuri made Tiffany’s heart flutter.

“You’re smiling like an idiot again.” Jessica smacked Tiffany.

“Ouch! It’s just cute. How she subtly rejected you.” Tiffany grinned cheekily.

“She’s been rejecting me all this time actually.”

Tiffany was surprised hearing her best friend’s statement. “She did?”

“Yes. As surprising as it may sound, but yes. She rejected The Jessica Jung. I guess she’s as whipped as you.” Jessica shook her head.

“Really? But how?” Tiffany was grinning like an idiot again.

“Nuh-uh. Not telling. I don’t want to feed your ego.”

“Yah! Come on! Tell me already! I want to know how she managed to reject The Jessica Jung.” Tiffany added with a hand quote.

“Fine.” Jessica rolled her eyes before continuing. “Remember when I woke up and spent jogging with her?”

Tiffany nodded.

“I intentionally tried to make skinship with her but surprisingly, she would always repel. She’d always keep a safe distance from me. She even avoided looking at me. I guess she was trying hard not to stare.” Jessica grinned mischievously.

“You wicked woman!” Tiffany gave Jessica a slap on the arm.

“And then I got cramps.” Jessica continued after glaring at Tiffany to stop slapping her.

“You did?”

“No. I was just acting.”

“Yah! You’re so mean!”

“Do you want me to finish the story or not?” Jessica shot her loud friend another glare.

“Fine. Continue.”

“So yeah. I acted that I was having cramps. She helped me sat on a nearby bench. She removed my shoe and massaged my foot. I was expecting her to massage my calves or legs as well. But no she didn’t. She even just threw a few glances at me to check if it hurt or not. She was too engrossed looking down on my foot she was massaging.”

Tiffany stared at her friend with a frown.

“If it was some other person, I’m pretty sure they would have taken advantage of the chance. But Yuri didn’t. The way I see it, she seemed like a loyal girlfriend of somebody. She was obviously avoiding laying eyes on someone else. Or maybe she’s just too whipped to even pay attention to someone else.”

Tiffany was left speechless. She had no idea Yuri seemed that way.

“I get what you mean that she’s friendly, caring and thoughtful. I also felt it for just a few days that I’ve been here. But with the advances I’ve been doing, she’s been subtly rejecting them. And kidding aside Tiff, it really impressed me. You’re not even an item but she’s being this loyal to you.”

“But there’s nothing going on between us.” Tiffany added softly. She didn’t know what to think anymore.

“Exactly. But she acted like there’s this someone she’s waiting for. Someone she’s so into.”

“It might be someone else and not me then.” Tiffany’s shoulders sank at the thought of it.

“Don’t be stubborn. I could see the way she looks at you. How all of her teeth would show while smiling whenever you’re around. Sometimes she looks like an idiot smiling like that. And oh, I forgot to mention.”

“What?”

“She kept on talking about you. She kept on asking things about you. This and that. You might have been away for a few days but you were never off topic whenever we talk.”

A smile made its way unto Tiffany’s lips as she heard it. A warm feeling creeping inside her.

“Don’t be stubborn Tiff. I really think she’s also into you. She’s just too afraid of scaring you away. I think she really thinks you don’t swing that way that’s why she’s preserving your friendship.”

Tiffany fell silent. Should she really make the first move? Should she really be the bold one?

Just then the two were interrupted with a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Jessica shouted.

“Hi. Good morning Sica. Good morning Tiffany.” Yuri greeted brightly.

“Good morning Yuri.” Tiffany greeted back with a smile. A hue of pink shading her cheeks.

Gosh this people. Just make out already. Stubborn. Jessica shook her head. “I’m going back to sleep. You two talk outside.” Jessica laid back to bed and covered herself with a pillow.

***

After the successful spring play the production team have decided to make a celebration party the next day. After a couple of shots, Tiffany received a message from Jessica.

Jessi: Someone is making a move on your Yuri. You better step up your game Tiff.

Stepho: What do you mean? Where are you?

Jessi: At a bar in downtown area. Hyomin saw me at the minimart and asked me out to join them. I asked Yuri to come along.

Stepho: What?!

Jessi: I told her I have to have someone with me to stop me from drinking too much and bring me back home. And since you’re not around, I asked her instead. :D

Stepho: You’re crazy.

Jessi: So what now? Aren’t you going to do anything?

Stepho: What do you mean?

Jessi: SOME PRETTY AND REALLY Y GIRL IS OBVIOUSLY FLIRTING WITH YOUR OBLIVIOUS GIRLFRIEND.

Stepho: SHE’S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!

Jessi: THEN FINE! LET THIS GIRL TAKE YURI AWAY FROM YOU. SHE’S REALLY PRETTY AND Y THO.

Stepho: WTF JUNG SOOYEON!

A mischievous smirk escaped Jessica’s lips as she closed her phone and once again glanced at Yuri’s direction at the bar. Yuri was chatting with the pretty girl sitting beside her. Step up your game Tiff. It’s now or you’ll be losing her from your grasp.

*

Yuri was chatting with Hyuna – a common friend with Hyomin – when suddenly she felt someone stood beside her and held her by the waist. When she turned her head she was surprised to see Tiffany standing.

“Hi babe. Sorry I’m late.”

Yuri’s eyes widened and her mind instantly shut off when she felt Tiffany’s lips against hers.

Tiffany was wearing a royal blue off shoulder dress which hung just mid-thigh. Her hair neatly tied up revealing her bare shoulder and neckline.

“Hi. I’m Tiffany. And you are?” Tiffany greeted the girl beside Yuri on the bar stool. Her hand never leaving Yuri’s waist pulling the girl close to her side.

“Oh. Hi. I’m Hyuna.” The girl was obviously surprised at Tiffany’s sudden appearance.

The two girls were silently having some eye battle.

Yuri on the other hand was still rendered speechless and was rooted in place.

“Don’t be too obvious of gawking at me babe. I know I look hot.” Tiffany whispered. Her hot breath against the stunned Yuri’s ear.

It was only then that Yuri finally snapped out of it. She stupidly closed and gulped.

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?! WHY IN THE WORLD DID SHE KISS ME?! AND WHY IS SHE HERE?! SHE’S SO HOT IN THAT DRESS! !

Yuri couldn’t help but steal glances at the girl standing close beside her. Her whole senses on overdrive.

 

Jessica who was just a few steps away from them watched the scene with a proud smirk. That’s my girl.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Aaaaand so, finally someone is being aggressive. ^^