Chapter 4

Taming Miss Eyesmile

When Tiffany opened the door she was surprised to see the girls standing outside the faculty office.

“What are you doing here?”

“Waiting for you.” Sooyoung answered with a wide smile plastered on her face.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“It’s Friday Fany-ah. Let’s relax can we? And besides, I want us to have dinner together. I’m happy that all is going well between you girls and my cousin.” Sooyoung proudly stated.

Tiffany then glanced at Yuri who only shrugged in response.

“Come on Fany unnie. We’re hungry already.” Yoona pouted while clinging her arm with Yuri.

Sooyoung has introduced Yuri to her best buddies and she was glad that everything was working well. Her friends and her cousin were getting along pretty well. Yoona was especially fond of Yuri. Looks like their dongsaeng has finally met a match with being hyperactive.

Tiffany was surprised at Yoona and Yuri’s sudden closeness but ignored the thought immediately. Yoona has always been the cute and friendly dongsaeng to all of them.

“Okay let’s go.” Tiffany responded with a smile and walked towards Taeyeon’s side linking their arms together. A gesture that Tiffany usually does whenever she’s with Taeyeon.

*

The girls enjoyed a happy dinner on their favorite student-friendly restaurant while chatting about different stuff and getting to know Yuri even more. Until Hyoyeon suggested something.

“Let’s drink up for tonight.” Hyoyeon grinned mischievously.

“Ohh. I like that.” Sunny gave a thumbs up also grinning.

Sooyoung thought for a while then glanced at Yuri, Yoona then to Tiffany and Taeyeon who only gave her a shrug.

“Unnies, I can’t go with you. Umma and appa are waiting for me at home. I only asked permission for a dinner with you.” Seohyun gave them an apologetic look.

“Awww. It’s okay Seo. We’ll plan it ahead next time so that you could ask permission in advance.” Hyoyeon patted Seohyun’s head reassuring the maknae.

“Please do unnies. I miss spending sleepovers with you.”

“Will do Seo.” Sunny nodded and smiled.

“So the rest is okay with the plan then? Only except Seohyun?” Hyoyeon turned to look at everyone who responded with a nod.

“But where would we do it? Drinking is not allowed in the dorm.” Sunny reminded the girls.

“How about in your apartment Fany?” Hyoyeon glanced at Tiffany.

Yuri’s alarmed eyes met Tiffany’s calm ones. “Nope. Cannot be. Yuri and I aren’t done yet fixing the apartment with her stuff. And besides, we have a new born baby next door. Soo and Yoong’s mouth would surely wake up the poor baby. You wouldn’t want your cousin to be given with red card by the landlady would you Sooyoung?”

Sooyoung shook her head.

“We can do it in our house unnie. My parents won’t be home for the rest of the weekend.” Yoona beamed a smile. Obviously proud of her plan.

“Really? That’s great!” Hyoyeon clapped her hands. “What are we waiting for? Let’s go while the night is still young.”

The rest of the girls paid for their meal and walked Seohyun on the bus stop since the maknae can’t go along with them. After waiting for Seohyun to ride on the bus they then walked to Yoona’s house which was only a few blocks away from the restaurant.

*

“Yah guys! Do you want to hear a really funny story about Yuri?” Sooyoung grinned with face flushed due to alcohol.

 “Shooot!” Hyoyeon grinned and cheered Sooyoung to go on with the story about Yuri.

The rest of the girls laughed. Face also flushed due to drinking.

“So since middle high Yuri had this suitor/stalker guy who never gave up on her. The guy was really persistent but my beloved cousin turned him down for countless of times.” Sooyoung glanced at Yuri then grinned before continuing. “Even when Yuri and her family moved to Japan the guy still sent her gifts on special days. And just two months ago, when Yuri returned to Korea for a few days to process some of her school papers, the guy appeared on Yuri’s doorstep and began giving her gifts again.”

“Yah! What’s so funny about the story?” Sunny interjected in.

“I’m not yet done shorty. Patience.”  Sooyoung retorted.

“Fine. Continue.”

“Okay so now you could imagine how this suitor/stalker is like right? It somehow creeped me out actually. But anyways, you know what Yuri did to finally get rid of him?” Sooyoung grinned mischievously.

Yuri who didn’t drink much gulped. She suddenly felt nervous as to where Sooyoung’s story was heading.

“She reported him to the police!” Hyoyeon raised her hand upon answering.

“She punched the guy!” Sunny also raised her hand upon answering.

Taeyeon and Yoona who weren’t that drunk chuckled at their friends’ drunk behavior. Tiffany on the other hand laughed and clapped her hands obviously enjoying the antics of her friends.

Yuri was surprised seeing Tiffany’s eyes disappear while laughing. She was also amused at how the girl kept on clapping while laughing. She’s like a seal when she laughs with her hands clapping like that. But her eyesmile is really something. Cute.

“Eeennk.” Sooyoung crossed her hands and shook her head. “Nowhere near with your answers.”

“Okay just say it already.” Hyoyeon swatted Sooyoungs hands.

“She kissed a stranger. A GIRL. To scare the guy and send him the message that she’s not into him.” Sooyoung burst out laughing followed by the rest of the girls. Except for Taeyeon, Tiffany and Yuri whose eyes have gone wide with surprise.

Taeyeon suddenly regained her composure and casually turned to Yuri. “Why did you do that for?”

Yuri was about to answer but was interrupted when Sooyoung spoke again.

“And you know what the girl did?”

The ever participative Hyoyeon, Sunny and Yoona shook their heads.

“The girl kissed Yuri again!” Sooyoung laughed again followed by the other girls.

“That’s not what happened!” Tiffany interjected surprising everyone especially Yuri.

Tiffany cleared . “I mean, you know, anyone being kissed with a stranger would definitely be angry.” She explained carefully. Afraid of being caught with her slip up earlier.

“Hmmm. Yeah. I was just bluffing about the kiss part 2. The girl was actually furious and slapped Yuri really hard that my cousin literally saw stars.” Sooyoung has fallen into another laughing fit joined by the rest of the girls.

After their laughter has subsided, Hyoyeon wiped the tears that formed on the corner of her eyes. “Did you see her again Yuri?”

“H—huh?” Yuri was surprised at Hyoyeon’s sudden inquiry.

“The girl you kissed. Did you see her again?”

Yuri scratched the back of her head and glanced at Tiffany who maintained a straight face. “Uhhh… NO. I didn’t get the chance to meet her again. Yet.”

“Ohhh. Yet. So you still want to see her again?” Sunny teased.

Yuri could feel her face heat up. Her face became flushed but not because of the alcohol.

“What I mean is that so far, since that incident, I haven’t seen her again. But who knows, one day I might bump into her again. She could be just somewhere in Korea. ” Yuri gave a nervous chuckle. She began to feel anxious if they would buy her story.

“If it was my first kiss that you stole I would have punched you.” Sunny stated while grinning.

“I’ll kick her if it was me.” Hyoyeon added.

“Poor girl if you took her first kiss unnie.” Yoona shook her head.

“Might not be the girl’s first kiss technically. But could be a first kiss with a GIRL.” Tiffany shrugged casually but avoided eye contact from the girls.

Yuri heard what Tiffany said. But when she glanced up to check on the girl, Tiffany wasn’t looking and kept checking her nail polish. Is that what you’re so upset about? It was your first kiss with a girl? Yuri suppressed an amused smile. Somehow the thought of it and the upset Tiffany was amusing her.

“Wasn’t it your first kiss with a girl?” Taeyeon curiously asked.

Yuri was caught off guard with Taeyeon’s question. Tiffany on the other hand was also curious that she finally glanced at Yuri.

“Uhhh…well….” Yuri cleared suddenly feeling nervous and anxious at the same time.

“We wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t.” Hyoyeon shrugged.

“We’re not homophobics.” Sunny added.

“Well…my friends back then and I had some kissing game over a drink so technically it wasn’t my first.” Yuri awkwardly smiled and avoided Tiffany’s gaze.

“Oh. Cool. At least your first wasn’t with a stranger.” Sooyoung laughed again. She was definitely enjoying the thought of Yuri being slapped because of kissing a girl.

“Hey! Let’s also play a kissing game!” Hyoyeon proudly grinned.

“What?!” Tiffany’s eyes widened in surprise at her friend’s stupid idea.

“Yeah! At least my first kiss with a girl wouldn’t be from a stranger.” Sunny grinned in agreement with Hyoyeon’s idea.

“What?!” Tiffany stared at Sunny incredulously.

“Oh come on Fany. It’s just a kiss. No big deal. Right Taeng?” Sooyoung added.

Taeyeon was caught off guard. “Uhh…errr…yeah.” She nervously smiled while Tiffany stared at her in disbelief.

Yuri fell silent at how her new found friends agreed with such a stupid idea.

“Okay since Fany is so against the kissing game, let’s modify it then. Let’s do truth or dare. The dare would be the kiss. Just a peck. Nothing to worry girls.” Hyoyeon took the empty bottle and capped it tightly.

Tiffany said nothing more and the rest of the girls sat on the floor and arranged themselves in a circle.

After a few rounds of truths, it was Yoona’s turn to answer.

“Yoong, hypothetically, if you were to choose a girl among us who would it be?” Hyoyeon asked their dongsaeng.

“What?!” Tiffany once again was surprised with the type of question.

“Why? I was just asking.” Hyoyeon shrugged.

“Hmmm…” Yoona held her chin and glanced at her unnies.

Sunny did a piece sign showing her aegyo. Hyoyeon made a heart sign over her head while Sooyoung winked causing Yoona to cringe.

“Uhhh… Yuri unnie.” Yoona answered causing Tiffany to glance over to Yuri’s direction who was sitting beside Yoona.

“Awwww. Cute.” Yuri patted Yoona’s head and smiled.

“Pffft. Don’t ask food from me anymore.” Sooyoung crossed her arms.

“How about you Taeng?” Sunny suddenly threw the question at her roommate.

“It’s not my turn yet.” Taeyeon chuckled nervously.

“It will eventually be your turn sooner or later. Just answer Taeng.” Hyoyeon stated while playing the empty bottle on her hand.

Taeyeon fidgeted with the hem of her shirt before answering.

“Uhhh…well…Fany I guess.” Taeyeon answered coolly though she could feel her face heat up. It was a good thing they’ve been drinking so her flushed cheeks could be mistaken as due to the alcohol.

“Awww. Taetae.” Tiffany who was sitting beside her linked their arms together and smiled sweetly at her. Taeyeon could only respond with a smile.

“How about you Fany? Who would you choose?” Hyoyeon turned to look at her.

“Of course I’ll choose my wife Taetae.” Tiffany chuckled and rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“But I thought Sica was your wife?”

“Sica is my mistress. Taetae is my legal wife.” Tiffany grinned.

Sunny snorted and rolled her eyes.

Yuri silently observed Taeyeon and Tiffany who sat across from her. She saw Tiffany close her eyes while resting her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“How about you Yuri?” Sooyoung turned to ask her cousin.

Tiffany heard Sooyoung’s question, she slowly opened her eyes and glanced at Yuri’s direction. Curious as to what her roommate would answer.

“Well….” Yuri scratched her head and thought for a while. “Yoong?” She grinned and patted Yoona’s head.

“Oh come on. You just said that because Yoona chose you.” Hyoyeon protested.

“No I’m not. Really, Yoona.” Yuri grinned again resting her left arm on Yoona’s shoulders. Yoona on the other hand smiled excitedly like a kid finally granted with a lollipop.

“Whatever.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“Oh shoot! It’s almost 11 PM! Taeng!” Sunny interjected and immediately stood up.

“What?!” Sooyoung also panicked and stood up.

“Wait, wait, what’s happening guys?” Tiffany asked the girls in confusion.

Sunny tossed her jacket to Taeyeon and stuffed her other things inside her bag. “We don’t have an overnight permit or weekend permit from the dorm. Another offense and we’re out on the streets for the next semester.”

Sooyoung nodded in affirmation. “Same dilemma here. Yah! Hyo get up!” Sooyoung kicked Hyoyeon who was still sitting on the floor.

Taeyeon hesitantly stood up and looked at Tiffany apologetically. “Sorry Fany-ah. This was an on-the-spot dinner remember? We don’t have permits from the dorm so we have to be back before curfew.”

“Then we’re also going home.” Tiffany then stood up and took her bag. She was about to take a step forward but Taeyeon held her arm.

“You stay here Fany-ah. It’s not safe for you and Yuri to go home. Your apartment is the opposite way from our dorm. The four of us will take a cab and the dorm is still within the university premises so it’s safe even this late. Your place isn’t.” Taeyeon carefully explained. She also wanted to stay for the night but they already have enough offenses at the dorm.

“But Taetae…” Tiffany sulked.

“Sorry Fany-ah.” Taeyeon shook her head.

“Taeng let’s go!” Sunny got up after tying her shoelace.

“We’ll walk you outside unnies.” Yoona headed to the doorway.

“Good night Fany-ah. See you tomorrow okay?” Taeyeon patted Tiffany’s head and hesitantly followed the rest of the girls.

“Good night Taetae.” Tiffany pouted.

Yuri who was silently observing Taeyeon and Tiffany also got up and headed to the door. Yoona and her walked their friends outside and left a sulking Tiffany on the living room.

*

When Yuri and Yoona returned after sending their friends home they saw Tiffany sleeping on the floor with empty bottles of the alcohol beside her.

“Did Tiffany unnie finished off the drinks?” Yoona tilted her and stared at Tiffany.

“Looks like it.” Yuri shrugged.

“Help me bring her to the guest room unnie.” Yoona instructed while Yuri followed suit.

After successfully settling Tiffany in bed Yoona then made her way to the door. “Good night Yuri unnie.”

“Uhhh….Yoong, where am I going to sleep?” Yuri asked confusingly.

“Oh. Just share the bed with Tiffany unnie. The other guest room is under renovation. Sorry unnie.” Yoona said apologetically.

“Ah. No no. It’s alright Yoong.” Yuri gave Yoona a reassuring smile.

“Okay then. See you tomorrow unnie. Sleep well.”

“You too Yoong.”

After the door was closed, Yuri stared at Tiffany’s sleeping figure and heaved a sigh. Why did you finish off the drink? You are really something Ms. class president.

***

Tiffany stirred. Without opening her eyes she snuggled and hugged tighter her pillow. After a while she felt her “pillow” move. She felt a pair of arms across her back which snuggled and hugged her tight in response. Her eyes immediately shot open, and without moving her head she let her eyes scan the room. Her eyes widened when she realized it wasn’t her room. She slowly lifted her head and her eyes almost jumped out of its sockets when she saw Yuri sleeping soundly while hugging her. She immediately pulled her arms away from what she thought was her pillow and pushed Yuri away from her.

*Thud!

Yuri fell off the bed thanks to Tiffany’s hard push. She groaned and groggily sat up and climbed back to bed.

“What is wrong with you...” Yuri mumbled and slumped back herself on the bed. She was still very sleepy.

Tiffany stared incredulously at Yuri. “Yah! Yaaaah!” She shook Yuri but got no response. She then pulled forcefully the covers where Yuri was lying.

*Thud!

Yuri fell off the bed again for the second time.

Yuri groggily climbed into bed again. “Just please let me have some more sleep. I finished late cleaning you up. You puked...”

Just then Tiffany noticed she wasn’t wearing the same shirt she was wearing the night before. Her eyes widened at her own realization. She hastily took the large pillow and pushed Yuri who-just-successfully-climbed-up off the bed again. “You eeeert!”

*Thud!

For the third time, Yuri was welcomed again by the floor.

“Aish! What are you talking about?!” Yuri snapped. When she looked at Tiffany’s direction, she saw Tiffany covering her body with the pillow and staring at her like she was some kind of maniac. Yuri caught on what the girl must have been thinking.

“Yoong dressed you up. I only cleaned the floor and the sink. That’s my shirt though. Yoong’s shirt wouldn’t fit you. Yuri suppressed an amused smile.

Tiffany could feel her face and ears burn up. Both from embarrassment from Yuri’s last statement and from falsely accusing her roommate.

Just then the door burst open. “Is everything okay unnie? I heard noise coming from here.” Yoona came in and worriedly asked.

“It’s okay Yoong. I just fell off the bed.” Yuri reassured her worried dongsaeng.

“Really? Are you alright unnie?” Yoona immediately kneeled down beside Yuri and checked the girl for bruises.

Tiffany silently observed the interaction of the two. Especially the worried Yoona. Her mind then thought of the things they talked the night before. Yoona chose Yuri while Yuri chose Yoona.

“Uhheeerm.” Tiffany cleared interrupting the two. “Do you have food Yoong? I’m a bit hungry.”

“Oh right. Yes unnie. I forgot to tell you. Breakfast is ready come on.” Yoona helped Yuri up and headed to the door.

Tiffany also got up and followed the two in silence. Her mind still wandering about the things they talked the night before.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay so this is kind of long I know. Sorry.

But I had to explain about the kiss. ^^

Some Taeny, YoonYul, and Yulti moments. Hmmm...

So what do you think? :D

I also want to know your thoughts about the story. ^^

I might consider making some special scenes for your ships. ;)))