Chapter 1

Taming Miss Eyesmile

2 months ago

Taeyeon had a meeting with the student body so Tiffany went to the bookstore alone. After she was done paying for the management book she needed, she stopped at the New Release section and scanned at the couple of books on the shelf.

“There you are. Hi baby.”

Tiffany heard it and her eyes widened when she saw a tall tanned girl approach her direction and gave her a peck on the lips. She was about to go berserk but she was immediately dragged by the girl outside the bookstore and the next thing Tiffany knew they were already at a secluded corner away from the bookstore. She immediately pulled her hand away from the stranger’s hold and glared at the girl whose back was facing her.

“Yah!”

Yuri was preoccupied looking from left to right that she forgot the girl she dragged outside the bookstore. She felt the girl pull her hand away from her hold. When she turned to see the girl, she was greeted by a reverberating slap. Yuri literally saw stars and her ear rang from the slap. There’s no doubt that the girl was so angry and Yuri could see the girl’s nostrils flare in annoyance. Yuri was about to speak and explain but the girl stormed off and left her.

Present

“Fany-ah! Hey!” Tiffany snapped from her trail of thoughts when she felt a poke on her arm.

“H—huh?”

“I said you were spacing out again.” Taeyeon eyed her friend who sat across from her.

“Oh. Sorry. Just thought about something.”

“What about?” Taeyeon stuffed another bite of pudding on .

“Hi girls!” Sooyoung interrupted the two and sat beside Taeyeon while setting her tray on the table. It was lunch break and the girls were having their meal at the school’s cafeteria.

“Hi Soo!” Taeyeon greeted her tall friend with a bright smile.

“What’s up?” Sooyoung asked the two girls after taking a bite from her meal.

“Fany’s spacing out again.”

“She must be missing Sica a lot.” Sooyoung mindlessly answered while chewing her food.

“Y—yeah. I was thinking about Sica. How she’s doing in LA.” Tiffany half lied. Yes she missed her roommate a lot but today she had other thoughts in mind. She has never told a single soul about the incident at the bookstore. It might not be her first kiss but it definitely was her first kiss with a GIRL. And surprisingly, it bothered Tiffany in ways she couldn’t understand.

“Awww. Don’t worry Fany-ah. Sica will be fine. She’s with her family. Have you talked to her after their family moved?”

“We still keep in touch. But the time difference in LA and Korea is making it hard for us to chat for long.”

Taeyeon nodded. She understood what Tiffany meant. Jessica and Tiffany had long been friends even before the two American-born Korean girls enrolled into their university.

“Don’t worry too much. And don’t get lonely. Soo’s cousin will be your roommate now. You won’t be alone.” Taeyeon tried to cheer her usually loud friend.

“Speaking of which. Where’s your cousin Soo?” Taeyeon turned to her side and saw her shikshin friend stuffing with chocolate cake.

“Must have lost her way into the cafeteria.” Sooyoung shrugged and continued on chewing her food.

“By the way Fany, thanks for agreeing on rooming with my cousin. Hyo and I have a contract with the landlady so we can’t switch dorms yet.”

“And sorry Fany-ah. Sunkyu and I also have contracts with our dorm so I can’t just move in with you.” Taeyeon gave her friend an apologetic look.

“It’s okay Taetae I understand. And if you room in with me then Sunny will be left alone. I don’t want her to be lonely. And besides, I’ll be having my new roommate now. She’s Sooyoung’s cousin so she’ll be automatically my friend also.” Tiffany assured her friends with an eyesmile.

Taeyeon was about to speak but was interrupted with someone.

“Shikshin!”

Both Sooyoung and Taeyeon turned their heads towards the direction of the voice. Taeyeon saw a tall girl walking towards their direction while wearing a bright smile.

Tiffany heard the voice and also turned her head to where her friends were looking. Her mind momentarily shut down when it finally hit her who the approaching tall girl is.

“Yuri!” Sooyoung immediately stood up and gave the girl a quick hug. She then turned to face the two girls sitting quietly.

“Girls, meet my cousin, Kwon Yuri. Yuri, this is Taeyeon.” Sooyoung introduced the two girls.

“And Fany-ah, this is Yuri. Yuri, this is Tiffany. She will be your new roommate.” Sooyoung smiled widely.

“You?!” Tiffany’s eyes went wide.

“You?!” Yuri’s shocked expression mirrored Tiffany’s. Of all people, she will be roommates with the lioness.

*

“So class this is Miss Kwon Yuri. She’s a transferee from Japan but she’s a full blooded Korean. She’s of the same business major as you so I expect you to get along well.” Mrs. Park introduced Yuri to the rest of the class.

“Miss Tiffany Hwang, as the class president I expect you to orient Miss Kwon of the class policies and also the university rules okay?” Mrs. Park looked at Tiffany whose mouth had gone agape while sitting on her chair.

Tiffany nodded slowly. Her eyes never left the tall girl standing beside their teacher.

“Okay Miss Kwon you take the empty seat behind Miss Hwang.”

Yuri nodded and hesitantly took the empty seat behind Tiffany. She knew that face. She has been haunted with that face for the past two months.

After Yuri had settled down on her seat the teacher resumed on her lessons on the board. Yuri observed the girl in front of her and she couldn’t help but replay the scene on her mind which happened two months ago.

“Uhhh…Miss Hwang….” Yuri started.

“Stop.”

Yuri was immediately cut off even before she could say something more.

“I would just like to ap---“

“Don’t mention that incident ever again.” Yuri heard Tiffany hiss and momentarily glanced at her and gave her a glare.

Yuri kept shut after then. Friendly class president I see.

*

Yuri snapped out of her thoughts when she felt her cousin nudge her. “H—huh?”

“I said, do you know her?” Sooyoung looked at her curiously.

“Ohh…Ah... Mrs. Park introduced us earlier. She’s our class president. Yeah. That’s it. Yeah.” Yuri gave a nervous laugh. Tiffany was looking intently at her waiting for her to make a mistake of mentioning the eventful two months ago incident.

Sooyoung then turned to Tiffany as if asking for confirmation.

“Yes. We’re of the same class. Small world isn’t it?” Tiffany played along.

“That’s great then. I will have no problems of entrusting you with my cousin. And I won’t have any problems about you two. I know you’ll get along well.” Sooyoung grinned oblivious to the tension between her cousin and Tiffany.

Yuri stared at the class president who happened to be her new roommate. Tiffany Hwang. This is going to be tough. Self, welcome to Korea. Goodluck. She mentally patted her back.

Tiffany stared at the tall girl beside Sooyoung. Kwon Yuri. You’re my new roommate huh? I’ll make you regret the day you stole that kiss.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay so I'm still hurt about Sica being out of the group. I guess so are you. :(

This story might be somewhat like Impressions with the bickering plot so I hope you won't mind.

I personally like Impressions but I can't write Yulsic or Taengsic anymore. I'm sorry.

Maybe in the near future I'll be able to continue it. But it won't be that soon. :((

 

The TTS comeback made me miss Yulti so I thought about writing this. :)