Finding Out

Code Blue

(A/N) Still rushing...


Chapter 9

No One’s POV

Suddenly the light shut off and the door swung open, revealing the doctor in charge of the surgery. Yoona quickly and gently leaned her wife onto the wall as she stood and ran to the doctor to hear of the results.

“How is she, doctor??” Yoona asked immediately. The tired look on the doctor’s face wasn’t giving away any hints as to the results of the procedure.

“She… well…” the doctor stopped to think, “I believe she’ll be alright.”

“You believe she’ll be okay? What the heck does that mean?!” Yoona asked, her voice beginning to rise. Those who were asleep began to awaken due to the loud voices that were sounding.

“Well you see, she’ll be facing more than just physical trauma.” The doctor explained.

“What does that mean??” Yoona asked.

“Yoong, calm down.” Taeyeon and Seohyun, who had woken up, were trying to calm her.

“Come on Yoong, let’s go for a walk and get some food for everyone while Seohyun talks to the doctor, okay?” Taeyeon tried getting Yoona away before she began panicking even more.

Yoona looked at Seohyun who nodded at her and left with Taeyeon and Tiffany to get everyone dinner. After they left, Seohyun looked back at the doctor and saw pity in his eyes.

“What do you mean by, more than just physical trauma, did she suffer a concussion or something?” Seohyun asked, fearing the worst.

“We talked to the young girl that she arrived with and while the surgery was a success, we don’t know how she’ll feel when she remembers what has occurred before the wound. The actions that went down beforehand, well it may have been willingly but it sure wasn’t… consensual.” The doctor told, hoping that the young woman would understand. “As of right now, she is still unconscious and you can visit her in about an hour after we move her into a room, just be careful of her actions or thoughts when she wakes up, alright?”

Seohyun’s eyes widened as she finally understood what had occurred, “We’ll be there to make sure nothing bad happens doctor. Thank you.” She muttered, still shocked at the new information she had learned. “The things you do for love, Amber.” Seohyun sighed and waited for Yoona to return to let her know what happened to the still unconscious girl.

Eventually Yoona, Taeyeon, and Tiffany came back and with tear filled eyes, Seohyun explained what happened to Amber when she was protecting Krystal. Taeyeon let out tears of anger as she was frustrated that she wasn’t quick enough with the police force to avoid all of this. Tiffany kneeled down and tried comforting her. Seohyun eyed Yoona as she stood there frozen, after a while her knees gave out and she collapsed, “How could we let this happen, guys? How could we possibly let Jackie down so bad? How could we disappoint the Liu’s this much?!” She cried as Seohyun hugged her.

Just then Krystal walked in and saw the four crying girls on the floor, “What happened?!” she panicked, “don’t tell me she-she d-d-“ she couldn’t complete her sentence.

Seohyun stood up from the floor, “No, no Krys, we were just told about what happened before the gunshot wound,” Seohyun informed Krystal who looked down in guilt, “Come on, she should be in her room by now. The doctor told me that she’s unconscious for now, alright?” With that Seohyun guided Krystal to Amber’s hospital room along with the other girls.

Soon, Sooyoung and Sunny had arrived out of breath and were being informed of the current condition of Amber by the other girls. Jessica and Yuri also went out to hear of what was being told about the girl in the hospital bed.

Krystal watched as her sister glanced in with eyes filled with pity and sorrow before looking at Krystal and mouthing “I’m sorry” at her for not understanding before. Yoona sat still by Amber’s bed, watching her sleep.

Krystal looked at Yoona and asked, “Why did you let her leave at that moment? Why not make her stay?”

Yoona smiled sadly, “You know, if it wasn’t for Amber, I can’t say that any of us would’ve been together right now.”

“What do you mean? What does that have to do with letting her leave” Krystal asked glancing at Amber.

“I mean, if she didn’t tell me that I should be with Seohyun and that we’d make a good couple, I never would’ve asked my wife out. Sooyoung too, the girls that just arrived, Amber always told them that they’d end up together. Sooyoung always disagreed because all the two did was argue,” Yoona chuckled at the memory, “but sure enough, they were encouraged by Amber, and now they’re going to get married.” Yoona smiled as she looked at Krystal. “Taeyeon was reassured about her relationship with Tiffany, her unnie Hyoyeon, well she still need some convincing about asking this girl, Nicole, out. She’s helped with issues concerning her friend Key and Kyungsoo. She is even searching for someone for Ailee because Ailee doesn’t trust anyone else. She somehow knows how to spot those in love, it’s a gift of hers. So, when she thought she had finally found her own, I trusted her on it and let her go.” Yoona finally answered Krystal’s question.

Krystal looked at Amber with guilt in her eyes. Yoona looked back at Amber and continued, “Don’t pity her and don’t feel guilty either, she wouldn’t want that because if she had the choice, she’d do it all over again. What she needs from you now is, at least, friendship. Stop ignoring her, stop running away or torturing her. She needs to know that she is still worth something, especially after what that man did to her. Just, please, don’t leave her, I don’t know if she’ll be able to cope.” Yoona finished her explanation.

Krystal nodded, “Don’t worry, I won’t leave her. Not now, not ever.” She said as she remembered Amber’s exact words to her.

Amber’s POV

I opened my eyes and looked around trying to identify my surroundings. I saw that I was in a white room and that there were medical supplies around me. I slowly remembered what happened beforehand and came to the realization that I was in the hospital. I glanced around and saw my room filled with people sleeping, Yoona and Seohyun unnies were on the couch leaning on each other. Taeyeon unnie was on the floor leaning back onto the couch with Tiffany unnie using her lap as a pillow while sleeping on the floor. Yuri unnie was doing the same for Jessica unnie. I even saw Sooyoung unnie with Sunny unnie beside her on the floor. My eyes traveled down and I saw someone sitting in a chair beside my bed with their head down asleep. I looked closer and was surprised as I saw that it was Krystal holding my hand in hers.

I remembered what happened yesterday and felt disgusted to be in my own body, I slipped my hand out from under hers not wanting her to touch me after what happened and tried sitting up only to let out a soft whimper as I felt pain shoot through my body. I looked down and saw a large bandage around my stomach, “oh right, I got shot.” I thought before looking around again. I saw my phone on the bedside table and tried reaching for it. I must’ve stretched too far as I felt a tear from my wound and felt a sharp pain as I tore the stitches on my stomach. I screamed out in pain as I clutched my stomach and went into fetal position.

I must’ve alarmed someone as I felt someone trying to turn me over and help me. A nurse was summoned and they began wheeling my bed out of the room as I heard someone calling me. I looked back and saw that it was Krystal trying to get my attention. I couldn’t look her in the eyes and turned away feeling ashamed of myself. “I don’t regret what I did because it was for you, Krystal Jung, but maybe I shouldn’t have survived.” I thought as I was taken to fix my stitches.

 


 

Rawr!

So, what do you think of Chapter 9?

cute-kpop-boys2.gif

I know, it's quite bittersweet, isn't it?

tumblr_m4u6ig41QC1r5newm.gif

But at least Amber lived... right? She may not exactly be happy, but she's alive, right?

tumblr_m0wcoanau41rq2czwo1_500.gif

If you guys don't know how to react, it's okay, because there's still another chapter! Yay!

tumblr_mei6ygPgrJ1rugfo6o1_250.gif

 

Anyways, still no time, so bye!

This has been...

yioeRjpoT.png

SillyLittleLlama