Failed Promises

Code Blue

Chapter 8

No One’s POV

The waiting room was silent as only a few remained in there and half were asleep. Yoona sat there silently awaiting any word from the doctor. Seohyun had fallen asleep on her shoulder from exhaustion after the long series of events that had occurred all day.

Yoona, Seohyun, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and even Tiffany were in the waiting room waiting for any status reports. The rest had fallen asleep but Yoona couldn’t as she felt too guilty for allowing this to happen to Amber. “I should’ve taken better care of her, I’m sorry. I broke my promise.” Yoona thought as she closed her eyes and hit the back of her head on the wall and remembered the promise she had made to Amber’s family.

Yoona’s POV

Flashback

Sooyoung and I are babysitting young Amber and decided to invite over the other girls to mess around all together.

“Hey Ambie! What do you think about the other girls coming over to play? I asked.

“Who are you inviting, unnie?” Amber wondered.

“Well, how about Taeyeon and Hyoyeon?” I asked.

“What about Taeyeon unnie’s girlfriend?” Amber asked.

“Why? Do you like her?” I joked.

“No.” Amber said as she looked down.

“Are you sure about that Amber? I don’t know if I’ve seen you this shy since you met Sooyoung unnie.” I teased.

Sooyoung widened her eyes and looked at little Amber, “Aww, Ambie, did you have a crush on your unnie?” Sooyoung continued the teasing.

Amber looked at me angrily before turning back and smiling sheepishly at Sooyoung, “I-It was a long time ago. Before I got to know you and learn how weird you are.” She explained.

“Yah!” Sooyoung yelled at Amber and started chasing her playfully.

I laughed at the sight and yelled, “Okay, we’ll invite her too!”

Amber smiled happily at me and kept running away from Sooyoung. Eventually, Sooyoung couldn’t catch her and had sat down, tired. Amber rejoiced that she had won in the chase and stopped to ask, “But wait, if their girlfriends are coming, why not yours, unnie?”

“Mine??” I asked Amber confused.

“Yeah, you know, Seohyun unnie. She’s very nice and I think she’d be a good fit her you.” Amber said.

“You think so? You think I should try dating her?” I wondered.

“Oh, definitely unnie. I think you’re as destined for her as Sunny unnie is for Sooyoung, but don’t tell her I said that, she doesn’t like me bringing her up. They always fight, but I think it’s just a stage that they have to get through.” Amber told me in a wisdom-filled tone.

I laughed and ruffled her hair, “Since when are you so smart? Anyways I’ll have to ask Seohyun out soon, how’s that?”

“Yah! That’s no fair! I’ve been telling you to ask her out for weeks, but the second this little over here even encourages it a little, that’s when you seriously consider it??” Sooyoung complained from the couch.

“What can I say, she’s wise beyond her days. She can see things that others can’t. Like… Your soon-to-be love stricken heart if you don’t make a move on Sunny.” I smirked.

Sooyoung blushed and looked down, “Y-Yah! I told you to stop talking about that!” she glared at Amber.

Amber only smiled happily.

Soon after I called the girls and told them to come over. They all knew and loved Amber and treated her as their sister since we’ve been friends with Jackie, Amber’s older sister, since we were kids and have known her parents for years when they always watched over us like our own parents. Today we’re babysitting while the three of them go out to run errands, Tae and Tiffany said they were bringing Tiffany’s best friend and her girlfriend so I agreed and told them to hurry over.

Soon Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived with two others. We were introduced to them and learned their names are Jessica and Yuri. Amber said hello to them and got along well with Yuri. I saw her occasionally staring at Jessica and thinking real hard.

“Pssst, Amber!” I called her over.

“What is it, unnie?” She walked over to me.

“Why do you keep staring at Tiffany’s best friend? I thought you had a crush on Tiffany, not Jessica.” I whispered to Amber teasingly.

“No, unnie, it’s not that. She just looks… familiar, like I’ve seen her before or something. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me.” Amber told me.

After Seohyun, Hyoyeon, and Sunny had arrived also we were all sitting around, a few were talking, some were eating, and the rest of us were playing around with Amber, entertained by her goofiness.

I was laughing at a joke Amber was trying to tell to impress Tiffany but was failing at. The phone rang distracting me from the group and I ran to answer it seeing that it was Mr. Liu’s number, “Hello?” I answered cheerfully.

“Y-Yoona,” I heard the strained voice sound.

“Hello? Mr. Liu, are you there? Are you okay??” I began panicking a little. The other girls had stopped what they were doing and began listening in when they heard me raise my voice.

“Yoona, I need you promise me to watch over Amber, okay? Promise that she’ll always stay safe, please?” Mr. Liu begged.

“No problem, I promise, but… what is this about? What’s happeni-“ I tried asking only to be cut off.

“Please pass the phone to Amber?” he asked. I agreed and did as I was asked. Amber’s face was confused at first, then a look of hurt washed over as she began to panic and cry.

“No dad, you can’t. Please! Just- just hold on. I love you! Don’t leave me!!” Amber cried into the phone. After a little while the other line went dead and Amber dropped to the floor out of shock. She cried and Sooyoung, Tae, and I all surrounded her, pulling her into a comforting hug.

On their way home from shopping, a major pile-up had occurred and their car rolled. They were stuck and badly injured and had no way of escaping. Her father spent his last bit of strength to call and tell his youngest that he was sorry that he couldn’t watch her grow up. He told her that he and the rest of her family loved her and they’d always be watching over her.

We all attended the funeral a few days later. We all cried but mostly wanted to be there for Amber. We expected her to cry, but to our surprise, she never did. She kept a straight face throughout the service and went home to continue packing her things and move into her uncle’s house. We helped her move all her things and made sure she was settled in before taking off.

A few days later I went over with Seohyun to check up on her. When we arrived to her uncle’s house, her aunt opened the door with a sad look on her face, she told us that Amber hadn’t come out from her room for a couple of days and it was beginning to worry her. Seo and I went into the house and asked Amber to open her door for hours with no response. Eventually I went to the kitchen to see if I could bribe her with food since she was probably starving by now and when I returned I found her door open. I went in and saw her crying in Seo’s arms, something she had said had gotten Amber to finally open up and cry, she always had a way with words that made me admire her for it. Since then, Seohyun and I had always been the closest to Amber and were always the ones she would call if she needed anything.

After that, Amber didn’t smile as much for a while. She never joked around like she previously had. We tried for months but nothing seemed to cheer her up. It took years before we saw the old Amber starting to come back and we swore then that we’d always look out for her. We promised to be the family she didn’t have any more and protect her for Jackie, for Mr. and Mrs. Liu, and for Amber herself.

End of Flashback

 


 

Rawr!

First update of three down! Woop woop!

excited9.gif

 

So I'm slightly in a rush, mostly because I was supposed to be asleep by now because I have a big test tomorrow, so I'll try making this quick.

 

Anyways, still no status update for Amber, more of their background for this chapter.

10432151.gif

Don't worry though because, next chapter, things will change...

3230897911_1_10_cH4gubjk.gif

For the better.. I don't know.

tumblr_m1kzrjkvNJ1r3ybmao1_400.gif

 

Yikes, it's getting late...

I gotta sleep soon, so bye!

Sincerely 

yioeRjpoT.png

SillyLittleLlama