Starting Over

Code Blue

Chapter 11

No One’s POV

Weeks passed by and since the day she woke up, Amber hadn’t spoken a word to anyone. Everyone would go visit her in hopes of starting up a conversation that wasn’t one sided only to leave disappointed at the lack of response they’d receive. Yoona was taking the silence the hardest as she had taken the role of ‘older sister’ after Jackie had passed away. No one knew what to do as they all discussed outside Amber’s room what the best choice of action was. Everyone glanced in and saw Yoona sitting by Amber’s bed talking to the girl as though Amber had been talking back.

Seohyun stayed silent about the situation as she was unsure of what to say. She hadn’t told anyone what Amber had told her that day that she woke up, before she went mute. She gazed into the room to see her wife wipe away another tear as Amber had flinched away from her touch as she had done to anyone who got near her. Even the nurses were on the verge of giving up as Amber didn’t allow anyone to come in contact with her.

Everyone was beginning to go into her room less and less as Amber’s heart monitor would show her heart rate increasing if someone came too close. Not a couple of inches, but a couple of yards and she’d begin to feel nervous. Krystal no longer tried going into the room at all anymore because the first time she did, there wasn’t a good outcome. It was a heartbreaking scene to witness.

Flashback

No one had spoken a word and were all unsure of what to say now. Minor, quiet conversations were going on but no one really spoke up. Everyone sat on the couch that was on the opposite end of the room since the bed had been moved away from it.

When no one was around, Amber had made it her mission to slowly move her bed away from the couch and into the corner so she didn’t have to be around anyone. Despite her injuries she managed to do it, but regardless of how many times they put the bed back, it always ended up in the same spot against the window that she always gazed out, usually towards the clouds.

She was quiet like any other day when a quiet knock was heard. Soon Yuri’s head poked through followed by Jessica. Amber didn’t even glance at who had come in, her heart rate maintained its steady pace since no one was too close. Her doctor had warned everyone about making her too nervous and not to get too close for a while.

Another knock was heard and soon the door was opened again. Amber remained stoic still watching the clouds in the sky, not caring that a new comer was about to make their way into the room. Krystal peeked in and came in without saying a word. As she took one silent step into the room, Amber’s heart rate began increasing rapidly and we all looked at her alarmed. She was still looking toward the window but her eyes were closed and tears were beginning to flow out, she looked like she was in so much pain. The doctor rushed in and asked everyone to leave so he could check up on her.

Everyone stayed silent, taking subtle glances at Krystal who looked like she was blaming herself for everything.

The doctor came back out and told everyone that they had to be more careful and that something that happened set her off more than everything else she had been facing.

End of Flashback

Taeyeon’s POV

That was the last day Krystal had gone into the room knowing it only brought Amber more pain. Now she stopped by to ask about her condition but she never came anywhere near the room itself, afraid Amber would see her.

I looked at Amber and did notice one change in her, she now stared down, not toward the sky anymore. One day when the nurse had taken her to run some tests and get a checkup, I climbed on her bed and tried looking to see what she was staring at. Was it beautiful scenery? A garden, a lake, a great view of a swimming pool with girls in it? Something was taking all of her attention to one spot.

I looked in the direction she usually does and saw one thing.

Krystal.

It was Krystal sitting there, either doing homework or on her phone. I asked her later on if she always sat at one place and Krystal had told me she had a table she sat at every day when she visited.

A beautiful scenery indeed. She was what took all of Amber’s focus day after day. This gave me some hope that she was still in there somewhere, the love sick girl we all knew before this happened.

Today, I was telling everyone what I had discovered, and we decided that we had to find a way to get closer to her again without her tensing up and panicking before any progress could be made.

I thought it would be wise if we somehow peaked her interest in something and have to get closer so that she may see it. The question was, what could be so distracting that she’d forget to keep her guard up? After a quick discussion, we had come to the conclusion that we had two routes to choose from.

Video games and girls, two of her interests that never failed to draw attention, or the more emotional one that involved her family, the one we wished to avoid be may not have a choice.

On the day that we chose to commence the plan, we tried our hardest with the video games and girls, even our girlfriends/wives helped but to no avail, we did get a glance but that ended as quickly as it started.

So moving onto plan two, we began reminiscing about Jackie and Mr. and Mrs. Liu, hoping to stir up some emotion. A few minutes after we began, we heard sniffles coming from Amber and as we passed around pictures we had of her sister and us having fun, she began to look towards us, trying to catch a glimpse.

I took the pictures and took them towards her and handed them to her, getting closer to her than anyone had in a few weeks. She grabbed the pictures and stared down at them, tears streaming down her cheeks and didn’t notice as everyone came closer and surrounded her.

She looked up at with a sad look, “Why? Why are you doing this? Why did you have to bring them up?” She asked in a voice so quiet that I almost didn’t catch it, luckily the room was dead silent.

Seohyun smiled at her, “We only wanted to hear Amber Liu’s amazing voice.” She told her as she reached out to wipe away her tears. I was elated when she didn’t flinch away and thought that was finally turning a new leaf.

After that, the next few weeks she began talking slightly more, and although it wasn’t the same Amber, but rather a more depressed and quiet one, she was talking, and that alone was worth a lot in my opinion.

 


 

Rawr!

I'm back!

kikwang_cute.gif

Unfortunately, I could only go camping for one night because of school -.-

21191406.gif

Right after my SAT on Saturday (which I kicked but at)

3209159293_1_12_M8BYtqOu.gif

(That's actually a lie. I absolutely hate reading... unless it's a fanfic... So I'm actually fearing the results)

tumblr_mezkptytkk1rvv4qro1_250.gif

Anyways, after testing for 4 hours, I hoped into a car and drove for 2 hours so I had a variety of emotions about that day...

tumblr_mdnfsrtsGR1qjv3tqo1_400.gif

But nevertheless, I have returned and I have posted Chapter 11!

large.gif tumblr_nbpi40kyvY1t1j8pso3_500.gif

 

Oh! So I am now working on two stories simultaneously, one that is half finished that was started before this one, that I may have gotten distracted from...

tumblr_madecq9wat1qkolxgo5_500.gif

And now a new one that I have more inspiration towards :)

tumblr_inline_n79pipV0cP1s50t7j.gif

To be honest, both are Sci-Fi and based on weird dreams of mine.

q9bZjQL.gif

So hope you like Zombies and ... uh, weird, curse-like, demonic-ness quests that need a savior?

tumblr_lxuegg7HRh1qg8utxo1_500.gif

Both of which are Amber and Krystal. I wanna write a different one about Hyomin and Sunny.

tumblr_inline_n00sijCd5S1soyrvj.gif

...That one also involves zombies. Don't ask, I think I was playing Call of Duty too much or something.

tumblr_mjxmtkV2qB1rachubo1_500.gif

 

Anyways, I still have homework to do... and a drama to keep me procrastinating, so bye bye!

waving.gif

See you tomorrow!

Sincerely,

yioeRjpoT.png

SillyLittleLlama