Working Through It

Code Blue

Chapter 15

Jessica’s POV

I looked around and saw everyone here. Yoona and Seohyun had a content smile on their faces, although Yoona’s was a bit more anxious. Yuri, who has become much closer to Amber, Sooyoung, and Taeyeon were all alternating between pacing back and forth and sitting down fidgeting, looking like nervous wrecks. Sunny sat there as well, holding a sandwich she was trying to get Sooyoung, who kept refusing, to eat, surprising us all. Tiffany and I sat idly by as we witnessed everyone slightly panicked, as if they didn’t know that outcome. I rolled my eyes as I saw, yet again, one of the ‘guys’ begin to pace back and forth.

It’s been a few weeks after the day I told that dork that she had my permission to date my sister. She was released a week later and has been slowly getting better. She still doesn’t allow anyone too close to her and everyone understands. Krystal has been the most understanding, she would stay by Amber’s side even if Amber had told her not to.

Flashback

It was the first few days after Amber’s release and we decided to visit her, especially since Krystal kept bugging to. We were all sitting and talking in the living room when we heard screaming.

“Amber, please!” Krystal yelled out on the verge of tears.

“NO! NO! Stop!” Amber yelled from inside the bathroom.

We all ran to see what the commotion was about. “What happened??” Yoona yelled, worriedly.

“She was asleep calmly on her bed when I got here. I tried checking on her and saw that she was struggling in her sleep, like she was having a bad dream. I tried walking her up calmly and she shot up from her bed, looking confused and scared. Before I could say anything, she ran away and into the restroom.” Krystal explained.

Seohyun turned to Yoona, “You know what to do, go get the key and the pills.” Yoona nodded and dashed away.

We all looked at her in confusion, “What’s going on? Why is she acting like that and why does she need pills?” I asked.

Seohyun sighed, “This has been happening for a while, she’ll wake up alarmed and freak out, locking herself into a room, not wanting to leave for hours. We talked to the doctor and he told us that she’s basically reliving the event inside her head and can’t see or hear anything besides the thing that caused her the trauma. He gave us pills that we have to force her to take in order to relax until she can snap out of it.” She said sadly looking at the door Amber was hiding behind.

“Got it!” Yoona returned with the key and a bottle of pills. She opened the door and we all witnessed Amber crouching on the floor, almost in fetal position, holding her ears and shutting her eyes tightly. The scene was heart breaking.

“I’d back up, guys, this part is usually the hardest.” Yoona said as she walked towards Amber who started to lash out the second Yoona barely touched her. She was trying to pin Amber down to give her the pill.

“Wait!” Krystal yelled, “Can I try something?”

I looked at her hesitantly, “Krys, I don’t think you should”

“Please?” She pleaded, looking at me and then at Yoona. We both nodded.

She walked to Amber who remained unmoving, she kneeled down and took Amber’s face in her hands. At first Amber began to thrash away, but Krystal continued to stay by her. She stopped moving after some time and Krystal began whispering into her ear things like, “It’s me, Krystal, don’t worry.” Or “it’s going to be okay, I’ve got you.”

After a couple of minutes, Amber opened her eyes and hugged Krystal closely, crying on her shoulder. “Amazing,” Yoona mumbled in awe, “she never did that with either of us.”

I smiled at the scene of a calming Amber with Krystal still soothing her.

Amber had finally snapped out of it and looked to Krystal who was hugging her. Her eyes teared up as she hugged Krystal tighter as though she would leave her to go through that hell once more. 

"Come on guys, let's give them some space. Krystal, dear, could you accompany Amber back to get room when she's ready?" Seohyun asked Krystal. She nodded and we all walked away. 

I gave them one last look and pated Krystal's back with a small smile, knowing that Amber was going to improve a lot faster with Krystal by her side. 

Amber's POV

After crying for a little I had finally calmed and pulled away from Krystal. "Thank you and I'm sorry for bringing down your mood. I know you were cheerful when you got here." I muttered to her. 

"Hey," she called my attention, I looked up at her, "you know I'll always be here. No matter what, I'll be there." 

I nodded and placed my head back on her chest with my eyes closed. "I know. Just, you know, I still feel bad."

She chucked, "Can I ask you something though?" I nodded in response. "Seohyun unnie said that this has been happening for a while. Why didn't you tell me, I mean, we talk every day. How come you never told me?"

"I didn't want to worry you," I confessed to her and as she opened to speak, I cut her off, "and yes, yes I know that you don't care and that you're there for me. Didn't change the fact that it's still embarrassing to have to be pinned down and drugged because I had a nightmare and couldn't shake out of it."

She looked at me sadly, "Alright fine, but now that I know, you have to tell me if I'm not around. You seemed to calm down a lot quicker when I'm around."

I blushed and looked down, "when I was panicking in my head, I heard your voice for some reason. So, thank you for that." I softly smiled at her.

"Okay, c'mon let's get you to bed." She told me as she stood up. 

"Wait, what? But you just got here. How about we hang out instead?" I suggested hoping she wouldn't leave me just yet. 

"Sounds good Amber." She smiled at me making my heart race. 

Man this girl it's gonna make me go crazy. 

(Almost the End of the Flashback- To be continued…)

 


 

Rawr!

The troubles are seen but, they'll get better.

tumblr_inline_morayu8CEv1qz4rgp.gif

So I was going to discuss about the interesting looking fanfic that's being featured, did you see it?

tumblr_inline_mrn91mnG8F1qz4rgp.gif

I looks really good. Not to mention all the cool different aspects they have for it. They have a trailer for it too!

tumblr_m8i3wlAmYw1rq4gab.gif

Really putting mine to shame lol. I need to learn how to do that.

20110209_seoulbeats_jonghyun.gif

Unfortunately, my internet decided to act stupid and, even though I started this an hour ago in hopes of finishing early, it is giving me so many problems!

tumblr_m3v2cnjROQ1ru255vo1_500.gif

 

So this will be pretty short...

Firstly, the names changed for the groups in the story I'm working on.

1. The G.1.A.N.T.S

2. Fight Evil TStay Standing

3. KIll 2 Witness 2'Morrow

 

The groups didn't change from the first time. The underlined and bolded letters are the first initials of the kpop groups name. For example, the "F" in the second group, since I mentioned that it is a Kryber fic, stands for f(x).

 

Anyways, I'm still very upset over my internet...

big-ep-2-1.gif

Maybe tomorrow it'll fix /:

 

A regretful good bye, 

yioeRjpoT.png

SillyLittleLlama