Light at the End of the Tunnel

Code Blue

Chapter 14

Amber’s POV

My eyes widened when I realized Krystal was kissing me. She’s KISSING me! I was more than elated by that fact and almost forgot to kiss her back. I closed my eyes as I was drawn into the kiss, her lips were addicting and although it was a short kiss, in my preference, it brought a smile to my face that could’ve lit up the dark hospital room we were in. I couldn’t help but to wonder why she was doing this, I thought she would be repulsed by me?

“Why?” I managed to ask as I looked at her.

She pulled away and looked into my eyes, “I told you, I’m sorry for not noticing sooner.”

I was confused, what did not noticing me have to do with kissing me? I think she saw the confusion in my eyes as she took a deep breath and continued her explanation.

“I always blew you off, thinking you were just a player that had me in their sights as their next target, so I kept walking away as though you had never told me anything, as though nothing you had said affected me, and at the time, it didn’t.” She sighed, “… but, when push came to shove, you were the only one there for me. You put your life on the line and, literally, gave up everything for me. How could I not see the sincerity beforehand? How could I be so blind of the one person that wouldn’t leave me? And so, I stand here, apologizing for the hell I put you through every time I walked away, and I’m asking you to forgive me.”

I froze, she was asking ME for forgiveness? There was nothing to forgive, why does she believe that I’d be upset or regretful for what I’ve done?

“Can I ask you something, Krystal?” I asked finally ready to voice a question I had on my mind for a while, “why do you come here every day if you never see me?”

She looked down, a small smile playing on her lips, “because even if I want to see you badly and show you my sincerity, I don’t want you to freak out and have another panic attack because of me.”

“You’re not disgusted by me?” I asked in a very quiet tone.

She stayed quiet and took a step towards me, “Amber look at me,” she commanded and grabbed my chin to stare into my eyes, “I will never find you disgusting, there is absolutely no chance of me being repulsed. Got it?”

I nodded my head knowing that she was telling the truth. “Thank you.” I said lowly.

“Why are you thanking me? I should be thanking you, there’s absolutely nothing I could be more grateful for.” She smiled at me still close to my face from earlier. For some season it was easier to remain closer to her than others after what happened, I felt less tense as I glanced between her eyes, staring into them.

Just then the door slams open and Sooyoung bursts through it flailing her arms everywhere. “Amber Josephine Liu, what is this I hear about you not wanting to live any longer?!” she yelled quite loudly.

Krystal and I pulled away from one another and I looked at Sooyoung, “Geez, unnie, you’re a bit late on that. It’s passed already.” I told her looking down a bit from guilt. I felt a hand on my arm and looked up to meet Krystal’s eyes telling me that it was alright. “We all have weak moments” she whispered to me causing me to slightly smile.

Sooyoung calmed down and glanced back and forth from Krystal to me a smirk growing on her face. “What’s going on here?”

I sighed, “Nothing, unnie. Just talking.”

“Mhm…” She said in a skeptical tone.

“Hey, what’s going on in here?” Sunny announced running in after Sooyoung.

“There’s something fishy going on between the two of them.” Sooyoung whispered loud enough for us to hear it.

“YAH!” I yelled trying to hide my embarrassment while I blushed. I looked at Krystal and she was looking down, blushing as well. “Ther- there’s nothing going on, we were just… talking.” I attempted explaining.

“No, yeah, I get it. ‘talking’. Don’t worry Amber, I totally understand.” Sooyoung smiled to her, erted thoughts running through her mind.

“Yah! Stop teasing her and get those nasty thoughts out of your head,” Jessica scolded while walking in, “besides, I’m sure she wouldn’t be doing anything bad with MY sister, right Amber??” she asked in a threatening tone.

“Uh, hehe,” I laughed awkwardly, “of course not Sica unnie.” I glanced down to avoid her stare. “I would never do anything inappropriate to your sister, unnie. I promise.”

“Unnie, stop it, you’re scaring her.” Krystal scolded her older sister. “Can I talk to you real quick, unnie?” Krystal asked her Jessica, who nodded and both headed outside the room.

I watched them leave and wondered what they were talking about. I decided that it was none of my business and looked back at Sooyoung and Sunny as they stood there whispering to each other.

“So… when’s that happening?” Sunny asked while signaling between Krystal, who stood on the other side of the window outside the room, and I.

I smiled, thinking back to what Krystal had just told me, “I don’t know, soon, I hope.”

“Sooooo… no more suicide?” Sooyoung asked hesitantly.

“No, no more thoughts. I mean, I’m not back to normal just like that since it’s not that simple. I still don’t like being too close to people, and I’m sure the nightmares I’ve been having will continue, but maybe this is the start of things looking up.” I smiled to myself and then looked at Sooyoung and Sunny, “Please don’t feel hurt if I seem a bit distant for a while. I’m trying I just don’t know how long it’ll take me to get back to normal, I’m sorry.

“It’s fine, Amber, no worries. There’s no rush just take your time and-“ Sooyoung was cut off by Jessica and Krystal coming back into the room. Krystal seemed happy, but Jessica was giving off a vibe that could make the whole hospital feel fear.

She approached slowly and crossed her arms, “Amber, you know Krystal’s not allowed to date anyone without my approval of them, correct? And you know that no one in my eyes is worthy of her,” Jessica stated matter-of-factly still walking closer to me. I felt my heart rate begin to rise as she got too close and I began to move back and tense up. She noticed and stopped coming closer and looked at me with eyes full of pity. I sighed at the look I received and nodded to her previous question, knowing that I was never going to be allowed to date her sister, “however,” she started and I looked up, “lucky for you, my sister really seems to like you and you did save her life, so, I approve. BUT if you hurt her or make her cry I’ll make sure that you regret living your life.”

I smiled widely and looked at Krystal very happy and she smile back. I looked to Jessica, “Thank you, thank you so much Sica unnie.” I thanked her with tears in my eyes.

Her eyes softened and she nodded before turning and leaving, not forgetting to drag Sooyoung and Sunny out as well to leave me Krystal alone to continue talking.

 


 

Rawr!

So... Light at the end of the tunnel indeed, right?

tumblr_inline_n5sqpieFfo1s3y4yx.gif

And guys, AMBER CAN DATE KRYSTAL!!

tumblr_m8klp6hEpH1rvv4qro1_500.gif

Finally, steps to fixing the whole, messy ordeal are being taken *sigh of relief*

StarKing134-JoKwon.gif

Next, you'll get to jump a few weeks into the future, no more twists

tumblr_inline_n412xzoeOU1sdvdqs.gif

 

Guys, I'm a bit sad. I'm almost finished uploading this story and yet... I haven't written more that 2 chapters on one story and the other has a bit, but it's only slightly half done? 

tumblr_m69ncrIQ2G1qelqsho1_400.gif

What am I gonna do? I enjoyed being able to upload a chapter a day and see the comments from everyone. I know it's gonna take me a while to finish my story because I have school stuff and I'm already behind like 3 assignments in Calc. and it's my first week back after break. 

9aaac2ad.gif

 

But I shall try to push it and finish it. I did get the Group names for the Zombie one though :)

R8mi3eZ.gif

Yup, GROUPS, there's going to be three groups that you meet. Different "subgroups" that came together and assist each other when fighting. They consist of a lot of my favorite Kpop groups. 

anigif.gif

They are: (If bolded, it means that it is the first initial from the groups name)

1. G1ANTS

2. FESST (I'm least proud of this one)

3. KI22 MWhenever (My friend thought of this one)

 

Try guessing the groups that are included. There are 17 groups, 8 boy groups, 7 girl groups :)

If someone can guess at least 10, I'll do a double update, since that's all I can offer lol.

wahh.gif

 

Anyways, that's all for today, I gotta finish some homework.

Bye awesome people who put up with my nonsense! :D

give_me_a_llama_badge____i__ll_give_you_

SillyLittleLlama

(P.S. 14 chapters and still no suggestions on a sign off.. oh well lol)