I Promise

Code Blue

Chapter 12

Amber’s POV

“What do you mean by that?? She doesn’t want to live?” I heard whispers coming from outside my room.

“I mean when I tried talking to her, the time before she went mute for a few weeks, the last thing she said to me was to leave her alone after telling me that people will judge her for this, especially Krystal. She doesn’t like the look people look at her with when they hear what she’s been through. She thinks it’s full of disgust and pity.” Seohyun explained in hushed tones.

Another person sighed, “Come on lets go check on her, maybe we can keep talking to her about it later on when she’s more stable.”

I quickly shut my eyes, hoping that the tears that had once again started to build up would not fall. I heard several people enter my room and sit down in silence. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes and pretended to wake up, I looked around and saw four different sets of eyes meet mine.

“Hi Hyoyeon unnie, long time no see?” I asked in the most cheerful tone I could muster up, hoping to change the tense atmosphere. I had been feeling a little better lately, at least enough to speak, and while I did feel a little bad for what I told Seohyun unnie, I don’t really want to take it back. I guess now that everyone knew, I was going to get an ear full.

Taeyeon sighed, Seohyun kept staring, Yoona looked away with sadness in her eyes, and Hyoyeon approached me. I looked at her as she walked near my bed and began backing up to keep the distance between us, “cut the crap, Amber.” She told me when she stopped walked seeing me trying to flee from being too close. She was staring me down, waiting for an answer.

“What crap?” I asked hoping they’d abandon the subject that hung in the stiff air.

“Seohyun told us what’s going on in the mind of yours. Is it still the same? Do you still believe that?” Taeyeon continued for Hyoyeon.

I just stayed quiet and looked away towards the window and to my view of Krystal.

“Oh no you don’t, Amber. Don’t retreat back to that window of yours again. Now is not the time to stare at Krystal,” she raised her voice and I flinched at the name, “now, do you really think that?” she asked, her voice slightly cracking as though she wanted to cry.

I looked away, “Yeah, and so?” I asked with indifference.

“Do you really not care if you were to continue living or not? Did we waste those resources that saved you, should we really have let your life just slip past us like that?” Taeyeon continued to raise her voice.

“Tae-“ Seohyun tried to calm her down.

“No, Seohyun, she needs to hear this. She doesn’t see her value when that’s all we can see. Her potential, how successful of a person she will be. Her character that EVERYONE adores, why can’t she see that?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun loudly in order for me to catch every word that she said.

“Taeyeon calm down, please. Don’t make her feel worse that she already does.” Hyoyeon spoke up as she pulled Taeyeon to the corner to calm her down.

I looked at the pained expressions that resided on each of their faces as they were all in deep thought, none of them willing to break the silence in fear of another outburst.

“Amber,” Yoona was the first to speak up, “you know that we love you, right?” she said, still not able to make eyes contact with me. “I always promised to look after you and I’m sorry I haven’t done so well. It’s my fault you’re in here, like this, with these thoughts. I told them that I would watch over you, and I haven’t done a very good job, have I?” Guilt was present in her tone as she referred to her promise to my late parents.

Tears built up once again in my eyes, it hurt me to see all of my unnies in pain. They practically raised me and yet here I was, making them hate themselves for something like this. “I’m sorry unnies. I’m so, so sorry.” I cried out, the shell I had built in the past weeks almost completely breaking down at least to let my unnies in.

“Shhhh, it’s okay Amber, we understand. It’s been a hard life on you and I wouldn’t wish the trials you’ve been through on my worst enemy. Just, please, try to overcome this, for us at least.” Seohyun asked with sincere eyes and words while hugging me close to her.

I flinched at first but slowly relaxed into the hug. I nodded and wrapped my arms around her waist, hoping that I could keep to this agreement for my unnies, the closest thing I had to a real family.

Krystal’s POV

As I had arrived at the hospital and like always I went to find out what Amber’s condition was without going in to see her. As I was walking passed her room though, I heard a bit of commotion coming from Amber’s room. As I listened in I heard that she no longer had the ambition to live. Why Amber? Why are you giving up? I crouched down as I tried to hold in my tears. After a while I heard someone exiting her room and I glanced up to see Seohyun and Yoona, both with red, puffy eyes.

As Ms. Seohyun saw me, she cleared and spoke, “Oh, Soojung, go ahead inside, I think it’s finally time for you to go in. She may be a bit resistant, but please, she thinks you find her disgusting after-“

“I know, thank you. I’ll talk to her about it sincerely.” I told her with a small smile.

She nodded and I walked in to see one of Amber’s unnies, Hyoyeon, giving her a big hug before stepping out with Taeyeon to leave us alone.

 

When Amber saw me she looked away immediately. It saddened me that she thought I looked at her with anything similar to repugnance.

“Stop looking at me like that, please” she whispered, mostly to herself but I barely caught it thanks to the quiet surroundings that left an awkward feel in the air.

“I’m not looking at you like anything,” I told her hoping for more of a conversation but she didn’t say anything after that.

I decided to move passed what she had said and spoke, “Hi Amber” I said hoping she’d talk to me, however, when the only thing I received was silence, I frowned and tried again. “Hello Amber Liu”

She glanced at me quickly before looking away again, mumbling an incoherent “hi” under her breath.

This angered me as she refused to meet my eyes. I stormed towards her, “Amber Josephine Liu!” I yelled making her flinch. She closed her eyes and responded with a small, “yes?” still not even looking in my direction.

She seemed to be even more afraid that I was judging her, “good going Krystal” I thought to myself. I had to find a way to get her to understand that I didn’t hate her, but how when she won’t even look at me?

An idea popped into my head, I wasn’t sure if it would work, but it was worth a shot especially since I was getting nowhere with this.

I grabbed her face with both of my hands and forced her to face me. Her eyes were wide as she wasn’t sure what I was doing, she tensed up at the lack of space between us since she wasn’t comfortable with people being close to her yet. I ignored it and looked into her eyes and said the words I had been dying to say to her face since she fell unconscious. “Amber Liu, I’m sorry it took so long for me to notice.” I smiled at her and kept looking into her beautiful brown eyes.

Her eyes showed confusion but I blow it off as I hoped that I could answer her questions as I leaned in and kissed her as passionately as I could, a smile adorning my face as I did so.

 


 

Rawr!

Kryber progress!!!

Victoria+Song+f%2528x%2529+Cute+Excited+

Finally someone does something!!

tumblr_lzitqljMdi1rpgtlao1_500.gif

Of course, it did take Krystal to step up and make the first move, but hey... can you blame the llama?

tumblr_static_kai_cute_camera.gif

Amber isn't gonna be back to normal though, I mean, how realistic would that be?

tumblr_inline_mnmjc1bOHY1qz4rgp.gif

Did you think it would be over just like that?

tumblr_n73bgcZe121ts7399o5_500.gif

Don't worry though, I know that some progress had to be shown and not drag out too much.

giphy.gif

Hopefully this isn't too slow.

 

Anyways, at least it's another turning point! 

Woohoo! 

tumblr_ma3v7t2A6W1rtb7a7.gif

Long live the Llama!

tumblr_nb35xxyrbF1td3ni1o8_250.gif tumblr_lv9y5d2cw51qbh0yco1_r1_500.gif

 

The gifs I find sometimes just make me laugh but I don't know how to incorporate them...

tumblr_m8x2doT2MV1qbb8we.gif kpop_macro___exo_k_booms_u_pregnant_by_m

So I see them and I'm laughing while doing this little end note thingy at the end

tumblr_may44oKUyO1qjh671.gif

Hoping to find some gifs that are relevent to what either I'm thinking or you may be, it's hard when most are like...

tumblr_lsu1ucAErK1qghfulo1_500.gif  tumblr_n81ii1M45f1rlwlm2o2_500.gif

They are still funny though.

 

Anyways, I guess that's all until tomorrow! I am off to look for a new drama to watch, any recommendations?

Oh and don't forget to comment! :)

Bye bye! from:

give_me_a_llama_badge____i__ll_give_you_

SillyLittleLlama