Just Another Day...

Code Blue

Chapter 1

No One’s POV

It was a boring day as nothing seemed to interest the students in their History class. Once again their teacher was lecturing about something that they didn’t care about. Sure an important test was coming up, but in history you either know it or you don’t, right? Those are the exact thoughts that are going through Amber’s head as she sits slouched in her chair.

“Alright kids, how about a pop quiz on the subject?!” this teacher announced enthusiastically, causing the students to groan. He ran to his computer to pull up the “online quiz” they’re supposed to take.

“There’s only two minutes left, can’t we just be allowed to leave?” Amber says loudly for everyone, including the teacher, to hear. She normally wouldn’t dare speak to a teacher in such a manner, but hey this is history, so who cares. It also doesn’t hurt that the teacher is her uncle.

“Amber,” the teacher sighed, “must you always be so contradictory? Can’t you just leave me be once? You used to love history, what happened?” Her uncle asked hoping to appeal to her.

“Look unc- Mr. Wu, I’m sure you enjoy teaching it and all, but it’s almost the end of the year and this is just review, again. So please just allow us to not take a dumb quiz on this lovely Friday afternoon.” Amber asked with sarcasm laced in her voice. She looked at him with expecting eyes, knowing that he’ll cave eventually.

Mr. Wu sighed, Fine, no quiz, but we’re still reviewing all next week for your test on- *RING*” He yelled before the class bell rang, signaling the kids to go to their next class. Everyone stood up, grabbing their things and quickly headed out of the classroom. “Amber! A word before you go.” The teacher announced over the roar of the students in the hallway.

“Yes sir.” Amber answered before hearing some people talk about Amber “saving” them from a quiz.

“Wow, I can’t believe she spoke to him like that.” One said.

“Thankfully she did or else I would’ve gotten a zero.” Another replied.

“She’s so cool, I hope she doesn’t get into too much trouble.” A girl said as she gazed adoringly at Amber.

Amber rolled her eyes at the conversation and went up from to speak to her uncle after everyone left.

“Amber, you can’t do that. I may be your uncle, but here at school, I am your teacher, okay?”

“Yes Uncle Kris, I get it. May I go now? I’m already late.” As soon as Amber received a nod, she dashed out hoping that she still had time to see Krystal and get to class.

Krystal, yes, Krystal Jung. The love of her life and soon to be girlfriend. She had been courting her for quite some time and she was hoping Krystal would give in soon. Everyone told her to give up, but she refused, she was determined to call Krystal hers.

“Yo Amber!” Someone called out. Already knowing who it was she waved slightly, hopefully dismissing him so that she could hurry. “Amber, wait up!” He called again, not giving up.

Amber turned around but was still walking backwards quickly. “What is it Henry? I gotta go.” She asked hoping for something quick.

“Just wanted to thank you for getting us out of that test, I would’ve failed for sure.” Henry said with a goofy grin.

Amber chuckled, “don’t mention it, anyways. I gotta run now, see you later!” she said before trying to run away only to be stopped when something, or someone, held her wrist.

“Going to see Krystal, lover girl?” Henry teased.

“Shut it, Henry. You know I’m trying to court her.” Amber said, blushing slightly, and looked away.

“Oh, so cute with the little blush.” Henry said in baby talk as he reached out to pinch her cheeks, continuing the teasing only to be stopped by a smack on the back of the head by Jonghyun who stood there with Key who had a pleased look on his face.

“Yah! Did you just hit the back of my head?!” Henry exclaimed still slightly surprised.

Jonghyun only pointed to Key, saying, “He told me to.” Key smiled happily and nodded approvingly, happy that his boyfriend listened to him. He turned to Henry before saying, “Leave Amber alone, I think it’s cute she’s trying so hard.”

“But Krystal’s straight as a stick.” They heard from behind them. They turned to see Kai walking hand-in-hand with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nudged him with his elbow in disapproval of Kai’s non-encouraging words. “So were you before I came along.” Kyungsoo whispered to Kai, smiling a little at Kai’s shocked face.

“And anyways, sticks can be bent, right Amber?” Another voice sounded from their left. They looked and found Ailee with a hopeful look directed at Amber.

“Yeah, by the end of this, Amber will have her as straight as a rainbow.” Key answered for an embarrassed looking Amber.

“Is that so?” A cold, scary voice from behind Amber stood out from the crowd of friends. Amber froze as she turned around and gazed at the three girls in front of her eyes.

“K-Krystal,” was all Amber was able to say. She glanced at the other girls who seemed amused and saw the fourth running at them.

“Girls! Let’s get to class before- oh hey Hyung!” Sulli greeted Amber when she noticed her.

“Hey Ssul.” Amber politely greeted back, her eyes never leaving Krystal’s though. She hoped Krystal wouldn’t take offense to the topic they were discussing.

“Anyways, let’s go girls, I don’t wanna be late.” Krystal said as they began to walk away, only to stop and lean towards Amber to whisper, “You took one step forward and two steps back, Liu. But keep trying, I’m sure discussing me with your friends will help.” With that, she walked to her class, PreCal, with Mr. Kim while Amber was a few hallways away in Calculus with Ms. Seo.

Amber had her head down, but didn’t completely give up hope. She stood for a while before realizing that she should be walked her dream girl. She ran to catch up with her and walked beside her, taking the younger to her class. When they got there, Amber said goodbye and that she’d see Krystal after class.

After that, Amber walked to Calculus, not feeling too well and asked to go to the nurse. She headed to the nurse, and laid on one of the beds to take a nap. Something was not right, Amber could feel it.

 


 

Rawr!

So the first chapter is up, I hoped you liked it.

I would put more attempt in this little after note, but it took me way too long to figure out how things work on this site. Didn't know there was so many things to add that I hadn't considered. So now it's almost 4 am, and I have to clean my room still. Dang. Anyways, good night! Let me know what you think so far.

Sincerely, 

SillyLittleLlama

(I'm serious about the name suggestions, I only use this sign off because I am acknowledged by my friends if I use it)