Part 1

The Only One

My name is Jeon Jiyoon, I live with my father in a house, just two of us. My father’s name is Jung Yunho. He has a book shop right in front of our house, and I always help him to work there. I love him, because he was the one I have in this world. I never have a friend since my elementary school, yeah, since I realized I have another ability beside my five senses.

I can read people’s mind just with touch their skin, and my friend look me as a weird girl when I read their mind one by one when I touch their hand. The worst moment was when I found that my classmate stole money from another student and no one knew it except me because without purpose, she touched my arm. When I told her that I knew it was her who has stolen the money, she screamed and told everyone I was the culprit. I tried to explain it wasn’t me, but no one believed me. Then my father came to my school to take me and made me move to another school. I tried to explain the truth to him, and he said,

“Jiyoon-ah, I believe you. I know you didn’t lie. If they didn’t believe you then I do believe you. Don’t worry. Just don’t tell anyone about your ability, just keep it as our secret, ok?” he smiled to me with his warm face, I nodded and he hugged me.

Since that time, my father ordered me to wear jacket or anything that could cover my skin to prevent me make skin ship with people. I wear a glove to cover my hand too. When I first wear my clothes like that, people look me as a weird but I don’t care since I didn’t make a mistake, maybe that’s why until now I never have a friend. Plus, my father always made me to move from one school to another school less than three months because he worried people would know about my ability to read people’s mind, so he make me to avoid people around me.

In the morning, I woke up then I jumped happily to see my calendar that hung near my table. It’s 15th of October and that means today was my birthday. My 24th birthday. I ran to the dining room to see my father, I want to know what surprise he has prepared for me.

But, I didn’t see my father in dining room, so I ran toward his bedroom, I found no one too until I found him standing in the balcony. “Appa.” I called him, but he didn’t move to see me so I called him again, “Appa.”

“Jiyoonie.” He turned his head with a smile like usual but I found his face wasn’t happy anymore, he looked sad.

“Appa, what’s wrong?”

He didn’t answer my question and sighed. “Jiyoonie, I know this time you have to know who are you for the truth.”

“What you mean, Appa?”

“Jiyoon, maybe this was too late for you but I know this time will come to you. I know it’ll be hurt for you so, firstly, I’m sorry if you feel being lie by me. I’m really sorry.”

“Appa…”

“If you know the truth what I tried to hide from you, please, I beg you to not hate me.”

“Appa…”

“Don’t call me Appa anymore, I’m not your Appa, I’m not your real parents.” He said.

“Appa.” I laughed, “You are kidding, right? I knew you want make a surprise for me, right?”

He touched my arms to lead me see into his eyes. “Jeon Jiyoon, I’m not kidding, I’m serious.”

Ok, I knew his attitude when he being serious, he always called my full name and his gesture showed that he was serious about his words. What? I’m not his daughter anymore?!

“I know you were upset to me if you heard this truth. The truth isn’t always sweet anymore, but yes, you are not my daughter, I’m not your Appa, I’m just your bodyguard to pretend became your father.”

“But, Appa…”

“Please Jiyoonie, don’t call me Appa again, I’m not your father.” He sighed. “I knew it’s hurt for you, but trust me, I hurt too when I have to realize that you are not my daughter.” He released my arm.

I don’t know how to show my emotion to the man in front of me, but I feel that my tears falling from my eyes. Am I mad, sad, or disappointed? I don’t know.

“Are you kidding, right?” I asked him again. “The truth is I was your daughter and you were my real father, isn’t it?” I sobbed, tried to smile and pretend that my father not in serious condition.

“I hope I was kidding but I have told you the truth, you are not my daughter, I just your bodyguard to save you, Jeon Jiyoon.”

“Then, who are my parents? Are they still alive? Where I can find them?”

My (fake) father take out a paper from his pocket, then give it to me. “This, find him and he will lead you to meet your parents.”

I receive the paper. “And by the way, happy birthday Jeon Jiyoon. I’ll always pray for your happiness.” He gave me a present box and I receive it too. “Thank you.”

@@@@@@@

I saw the paper once again to make sure I didn’t go to the wrong place. I took a bus to go to the place that Appa gave me. Even he wasn’t my real father but I still consider him as my father. I remember again our conversation.

“Then why my real parents didn’t want to take care of me?” I asked him

“They want to but they couldn’t take care of you. Because it’s too dangerous if some people know you as their daughter.”

“Why it’s too dangerous? I want to know the reason.”

“Hundred years ago, your family was so famous with their ability out of five senses, that ability was really super power. Among your family, there were twelve son have that ability, called Exo. They could lead power such as frost, telekinesis, flight, water, healing, light, lightning, flame, earth, time control, teleport, and wind. But some of people felt it’s too dangerous for them if let the twelve son still alive, so they ask a wolf pack to attack your family. The wolf pack really attacked your family although they have super power, but one of your great-grandfather, Tao who has time control power, he fought with them alone. Tao took their ages so the member of wolf pack going old quickly and died because they have no time to life again. But it took Tao’s age too then he died together with his brothers. Luckily, they didn’t kill all of your family. One of your great-grandfather, Xiumin has saved your grandfather when he was a baby. He was left as the last generation, until he grew up, he married with your grandmother that gave a birth your father, he married to your mother until you were born. When you born, your parents realized that Exo has inherit you a power like them. That's mean the last Exo generation is you. They afraid what happening hundred years ago will go on you so when you were three years old, they asked me to take you and keep secret about you as their daughter.” He sighed then continued his story.

“When I took you and pretend that you were my daughter, I realized your power shown when you were five years old, you read my mind when I had a skin ship with you, then when you were kicked out from your old school in elementary, I knew I must hide you so I forced you to move from one school to another school to hide you from anyone who want to kill you. I promise to your parents to keep you save until today when I received a call from unknown number. I know that were from your parents, they ordered me to tell you the truth and send you to meet with them.”

“I must go to this address?” I asked him.

“Yes, go there and find your parents. I know they’ll be really happy to see you after twenty years.”

Suddenly, I hugged him, “Thank you, Appa…”

(I’m sorry Exo L, I just take Exo as cameo for my story   v(n_n)v      )

 

 

 

Finally, I make a comeback. Please keep support me, comment this story below, kay?