Special Date

The Color of Sound

"I was drunk! I didn't mean it!" Sunggyu shouted as he was forcefully pulled out of his warm bed. His harasser let out a large sigh before using all of his weight for one huge pull, successfully tearing Sunggyu's grip off the bedpost.

 

"And yet here you are, in my bed. It's been a full year already, there is no use in denying that you're dating me."

 

Sunggyu slowly unwrapped himself of the large comforter that smelled oddly unfamiliar. Wasn't he in his room at the Kim's mansion? The light brown haired man, whose head looked like a bird's nest, opened his drowsy eyes and glanced around the room.

 

"Your… room?" He guessed, rubbing one eye as he straightened up on the bed. Woohyun sighed and looked at his boyfriend.

 

"Yes, my room, now go take a shower and get ready. We're going out." He said exasperatedly, as if he had already stated that. Sighing, he head towards the door. "Oh, and also," He paused mid step, "you better thank Boohyun when you see him. He slept downstairs since you took my bed and I took his."

 

Sunggyu watched as Woohyun left the room calmly. Climbing out of the bed, he headed for the bathroom with a fresh pair of clothes that he had brought over the night before. While brushing his teeth, his eyes traveled to the digital clock on the wall. He stared at it absentmindedly until the numbers clicked in his brain.

 

"SIX THIRTY IN THE MORNING?!" Sunggyu screamed before chocking on foaming toothpaste. "Nam Woohyun, you better have a good explanation for this!"

 

On his own, Sunggyu usually woke up around noon. Since it was Sunday, it was outrageously early for him to be awake. Huffing, Sunggyu rinsed out his mouth, staring at his reflection in the mirror. He let out a minty breath, watching as a blue cloud of smoke rose into the air. His chest swelled with pride at the sight. It had become a habit, looking at the bright color roll off his tongue. It gave him a feeling of security and calmed him down when life got rough.

 

"Sorry, babe. I just wanted to get there early." Woohyun's voice could be heard outside of the bathroom door. Sunggyu nodded as a response, even though he couldn't be seen. "Now hurry up and take a shower." Woohyun ordered before a door slamming could be heard.

 

Sunggyu stepped into the shower. The air around him was a tad colder than he expected and immediately hugged his bare torso to insulate heat. While waiting for the water to warm up, Sunggyu was left to ponder where Woohyun would be taking him for the day.

 

"Maybe to the park?" He mused out loud, testing the heat of the water with one foot. "No, it's too cold for that. Then maybe… wait, did Woohyun call me 'babe'?"

 

What.

 

Sunggyu blinked rapidly, taking that realization in. "He called me babe just now. Babe? He never calls me anything but my name. Babe? What happened to the Woohyun I knew and loved?" A part of him wanted to die of happiness and another part wanted to throw up because the man outside that room was definitely not his Woohyun.

 

"Whatever, maybe I was just imagining it. Anyway…" Sunggyu trailed off as he thought of more possible options of where they were going.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Leaning against the other side of the door, Woohyun covered his eyes with one arm. His cheeks burned a bright pink as he groaned to himself. How long could he keep this up for? Sometimes he really hated his brother.

 

Trailing his eyes over Sunggyu's peaceful sleeping face, Woohyun heard the door open slowly. Boohyun stuck his neck in and called him downstairs before disappearing again. The dark haired man sighed; taking one more look over at his boyfriend before sitting up in bed.

 

They had just come back from a late night date and Sunggyu fell asleep almost instantly when his head hit the pillow of Woohyun's bed. Woohyun calmly shifted his gaze to the door and left without making a sound. Boohyun was waiting for him on the stairs.

 

"Want to use my bed tonight?" He asked when they met eyes in the dim light. Woohyun nodded slightly. "Then can I ask you to do something for me in return?" Boohyun grinned sheepishly. The younger man shot him a slight glare but the other didn't seem affected at all.

 

"It's Valentines tomorrow, you know." Boohyun continued; ignoring the angry pout his brother was giving him. "I want you to take Sunggyu to the Zoo for me. I bought tickets for me and my friend but she canceled on me."

 

Woohyun looked at his brother, contemplating whether or not to go. Honestly, Woohyun had forgotten Valentine's Day was coming up and took Sunggyu out on a movie date just yesterday.

 

"Well, I guess I could. But that's all you want from me? Usually you'd make me do more."

 

 

"Of course, there is always more to my requests." Boohyun smiled, "I want you to act like a loving boyfriend all of tomorrow. That means no awkward side-glances at him when he's not looking. Show him you love and care for him up front." He laughed as he watched in real time as Woohyun's neck and up burned a bright red.

 

 

"…Fine." Woohyun responded quietly before heading back into the bedroom. "Goodnight," He said before closing the door, giving his brother a quick glace, "And thanks."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunggyu changed into his day clothes and fixed his hair after a thorough drying session with his towel. He still couldn't shake the 'babe' from his mind and ever so slightly pinked when he thought about it. Finally ready, he exited the bathroom to find Woohyun pressed up onto the wall with an arm over his face.

 

 

"Are…you okay?" He spoke up after a while. Woohyun's arm flew off in a millisecond and his widened when he saw Sunggyu. Instantly, his nose was filled with a sweet smell that he knew very well. His boyfriend had used his shampoo and body wash.

 

 

"Yeah, I'm good. Let's go." Woohyun blinked away his thoughts and took Sunggyu's warm hand. The light hair man was suddenly tugged from the room and down the stairs. They passed Boohyun on the way out. From the corner of his eye, Sunggyu managed to see the older brother throw discrete thumbs up to his boyfriend.

 

 

Before he knew it, he and Woohyun had hopped off the bus after a short ride. Sunggyu gasped as gazed at the large structure in front of him.

 

 

"The zoo?" He asked excitedly, gaze flickering back and forth between the entrance and Woohyun. "I haven't been here since I was a kid!" He bit his lip to hold in his inner child. From next to him, Woohyun stared at Sunggyu's side profile, gulping when he notices the state of his lips.

 

 

Looking away quickly, Woohyun steps forward, stretching out his hand for Sunggyu to take. "Let's go in. I'm getting cold just standing here." Faster than he expected, his slowly freezing hand was once again filled with warmth. Woohyun made a mental note to himself to thank Boohyun later.

 

 

As soon as checking in with the tickets was done, Sunggyu ran out into the open building filled with tall cages on every side. Woohyun walked along the path as the light haired man explored and took pictures of each animal. It was calming to watch his boyfriend laugh and smile from afar. Suddenly, Sunggyu ran back towards him and hugged him tightly.

 

 

"Thank you so much! I love it here!" Woohyun's eyes widened as he accepted the hug. His heartbeat quickened as Sunggyu added a short peck on the cheek before parting. "Now stop lagging by yourself and walk with me." He tugged on Woohyun's shirt and led him through the hall, stopping every once in a while to comment on some funny looking animals.

 

 

The zoo was nearly empty of guests. Woohyun guessed it was because not a lot of couples wanted to go to the zoo for Valentine's Day. Either way, he was happy he got to spend the day alone with Sunggyu. It was the perfect time to just relax with him but Woohyun still made that promise to act like a good boyfriend. He sighed to himself, remembering that he hadn't done much to fulfill that request.

 

 

"Look, Woohyun. That one looks like you." Sunggyu said, pointing to the giant spider in the glass case. It lurched forward in its cage, making Sunggyu retract his hand on instinct although it couldn't touch him. Woohyun read the identification plate next to the cage.

 

 

"Brown Huntsman spider. With its sharp eight eyes, it can effectively locate multiple prey in day or night. How can that spider possibly be me?" The dark haired male asked, turning to look at Sunggyu.

 

 

"I only have eyes for you." He stated, giving a short smile before taking Sunggyu's hand and leading him away from the spider.

 

 

Woohyun was being very problematic to Sunggyu's heart. For the millionth time that day, his heart managed to skip a beat before pumping double time in order to catch up. Sunggyu had been secretly eyeing his boyfriend through the reflection of some glass cases. He was breathtakingly handsome in every aspect, especially when concentrating on the creature they were supposedly looking at. The little gestures like handholding had been making his heart race non stop since they arrived.

 

 

"I was going for intimidating." Sunggyu laughed away the awkward statement from Woohyun. They soon reached a café next to a man-made lake, home to a dozen or so colorful ducks from around the world. It was nearing lunch so decided to grab a bite. Sunggyu ordered a ham and cheese Panini sandwich while Woohyun ordered a simple taco salad.

 

 

"Thanks for today, I had lots of fun." The light brown haired man admitted. "I just have one question. Why are you being so greasy?" He asked, chomping on a big piece of his Panini. Woohyun gave him a gentle smile and pulled something out of his bag from underneath the table.

 

 

"Happy Valentine's Day." He said, lifting a single rose into view. Sunggyu gasped and covered his mouth on instinct. A wave of déjà vu hit him as he remember the way Woohyun had asked him out on the night of his parent's anniversary.

 

 

"You…for me?" Sunggyu was at a loss of words, making Woohyun's smile grow wider.

 

 

"I love you." Woohyun couldn't help but say. "You are so important to me. I'm so glad to have met you." He finished his confession. He had never said those words out loud before because he was too embarrassed. Woohyun knew he didn't convey his feelings as much as he should, so he had to get it off his chest. He needed Sunggyu to know.

 

 

The said man's face lit up with a genuine smile. Sunggyu took the rose from Woohyun's outstretched hand.

 

 

"I love you, too. You may not know what I mean by this, but you gave my voice color. You gave me a reason to wake up in the morning. I can't thank you enough for that."

 

 

And with that said, Sunggyu leaned over the table to capture Woohyun's lips in a sweet kiss. Both of their minds went blank and their hearts sped up, beating in sync. Above them a deep purple cloud rolled into the air.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've written about these characters so their attitudes might have slightly changed. I haven't been updating my other fic so the sequel to The Color Of Sound might take a bit longer than I expected. Either way, please look forward to it!