Chapter 20 (Final)

The Color of Sound

"Sunggyu?" Woohyun called out as he warily walked over to the curled up man sitting along the poolside. Their pool was in a secluded area of their yard, allowing the two to talk without being disrupted by the party going on a few feet away.

 

"Go away." Sunggyu sniffled, hugging his knees closer to his chest. "You shouldn't waste your time on 'nothing' important." Woohyun clicked his tongue and proceeded to sit down next to the older man.

 

They sat there for a while; Woohyun dangling his feet in the water nonchalantly with Sunggyu still curled up, back facing Woohyun. The soft chatter and laughter from the party filled the air around them. After a few more moments, Sunggyu decided to leave, wanting to get away from the awkward silence that had engulfed them. As he stood up, Woohyun said something that made his heartbeat quicken despite his drunken state.

 

"I like you, too."

 

His head snapped to the younger man, who was looking off into the star-lit sky. He desperately wanted to ask him to repeat that statement again, but the lump that had formed in his throat had prevented him from speaking, allowing the silence to engulf them once again.

 

Suddenly, Woohyun locked eyes with Sunggyu, standing up to match heights. The moon's light shone down on them, highlighting the tear streaks on the older man's face. Woohyun gently cupped Sunggyu's cheeks, wiping away the dry tears. On instinct, Sunggyu flinched away, but the younger man's grip stopped him from escaping his touch.

 

"You won't regret confessing to me when you wake up tomorrow, will you?" Woohyun asked, chucking lightly at the other's dazed expression. Look at how much he had changed; he was chuckling for god's sake.

 

"N-no. Do you really mean it?" Sunggyu asked with a shaking voice. Woohyun smiled sincerely – something he hadn't done for years.

 

"I do."

 

With that, Sunggyu felt his legs give out underneath him. Woohyun was quick to catch him but lost his balance along the way. Sunggyu let out a short squeal, preparing for a hard collision with the cement. Instead, rather, he found himself opening his eyes to see Woohyun's face centimeters from his own. His eyes widened when he realize their position. They were in a romantic dip. Sunggyu looked away shyly. Woohyun had been staring at his lips a little too long for his comfort.

 

"Hey." The younger said, regaining Sunggyu's gaze. "You've managed to break down my exterior in a couple of months without even knowing it. And without me realizing it, you got me to fall head over heels in love with you," Woohyun said in his perfect English. Surprisingly, Sunggyu had been able to understand every word of his heartfelt confession.

 

"My beautiful shinning sun." Was the last thing Woohyun mumbled before leaning down to capture the lips he unknowingly yearned for. Sunggyu responded to the kiss not long after. It was a tender kiss, filled with love and sincerity from both parties that made fireworks explode in their minds.

 

Woohyun pulled away after a blissful minute, eyes still closed as to try and preserve the magical feeling. Soon after, Sunggyu reopened his eyes, locking gazes with the younger. Woohyun helped the elder get back up into a standing position again.

 

"I love you, too." Sunggyu smiled, a thick cloud of azure blue rolling out of his mouth. He gasped a little, aware of the strange color that had replaced his usual white. "What? How could this happen? How is my voice blue?" He asked himself, shocked.

 

Woohyun cocked his head in confusion. They had just kissed and Sunggyu was talking to himself about colors again. Sunggyu's eyes darted up to meet Woohyun's. He was the reason for the color; the color his mind associated with completeness.

 

"You…thank you!" He smiled widely, hugging the younger. Woohyun laughed at Sunggyu's sudden childishness, wrapping his arms around the other as well. "I don't know what I'd do without you, my red rising sun."

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

The two walked back into the party holding hands. Sungyeol was the first in the family to notice as they walked up to the table that the Kims were eating at. Instead of making a big fuss over it like he would usually do, he shook Myungsoo's shoulder and pointed the little detail out wordlessly. Myungsoo smiled, his mouth curving into his signature cat-like smile, and whipped out his camera.

 

He took a few subtle pictures of their fingers intertwined and then a few of their whole bodies. Mrs. Kim noticed her second youngest son snapping pictures at the two newcomers and followed his gaze. From there, she laughed and clapped her hands.  

 

"Looks like we have two couples to celebrate tonight." She said, gaining the rest of the table's attention. "So, who confessed first?" She blinked innocently while her son in question and Woohyun's cheeks burned bright red.

 

"Technically, Sunggyu did, but I pulled him in for a kiss." Woohyun responded a little too smugly, adding in a fact that could've been kept a secret. Mrs. Kim clapped in delight upon hearing the details. As more people started to hear the news, the yard soon erupted into a harmony of celebratory cheering for the new couple.

 

"Hey," The couple turned around to see Boohyun standing behind them. "Congratulations." He smiled, shaking each of their hands formally. Woohyun smiled back at his brother while Sunggyu flushed another tone of red.

 

They hadn't even become official yet. Yes, they both confessed and even shared a kiss, but he wasn't asked to be his boyfriend yet. Sunggyu was still processing the fact that Woohyun was gay, to be honest.

 

Suddenly he was dragged away from the crowd once again. Woohyun pulled Sunggyu into the house, which was empty due to the food outside, and led him to a solitary corner. The younger let go of his hand for the first time since their kiss.

 

"Sunggyu," Woohyun started, staring at his best friend now turned lover. "Will you be my boyfriend?" He asked, pulling out a single rose from behind his back. Sunggyu choked up, looking at the rose and then back up to Woohyun's charming face.

 

"Yes." He finally said, accepting the rose. With that, Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu's waist, pulling him a lot closer, and kissed him again, smiling. A purple cloud of smoke rose into the air above them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hooray! My first fic is over with a happy ending! Many of you are asking for a sequel, so guess what? I'm making a sequel! But, before I do that, I'm going to write my new fic, which is another Woogyu fic by the way, Transparent. Thank you to all 301 of you guys! A big thank you to all the commenters and upvoters, you really make my day and motivate me to write more. Thank you and I hope I'll see you in the sequel! <3