Chapter 15

The Color of Sound

Sunggyu didn't look at Woohyun, even though he was standing right in front of him. He could feel Woohyun's stare probing his appearance. He must've looked really bad, as he heard Woohyun sigh.

 

"You're sick, aren't you?" The younger said, although it was more of a statement then a question. Sunggyu rubbed his face a little; it was still sweaty and gross feeling. "How?" Woohyun asked after a while.

 

Sunggyu shrugged, "Don't know." They sat in an awkward silence as Woohyun looked around the room he had just barely been able to see the first time. It seemed a bit cleaner than yesterday. Then his eyes landed on the desk filled with neatly organized papers and books.

 

"Is finals week coming up for you?" Woohyun asked the sick man, who had gotten off the bed to stretch his tight limbs. Sunggyu stretched a little too much and made a high-pitched squeak in pain.

 

"Yeah. I've been studying hard since Sunday." Sunggyu said, trying to cover up the embarrassing noise he had just made. Woohyun didn't seem to care so Sunggyu felt more at ease.

 

"Since Sunday, huh?" Woohyun mumbled. It was currently Saturday, so Sunggyu had been studying for almost a whole week. No wonder Mrs. Kim had asked them to come over for dinner on Friday. Sunggyu must have been over exerting himself.

 

And then it clicked.

 

Woohyun stared at Sunggyu dryly as he made his way over to the desk, about to study again. He walked over and slapped the pencil out of the elder's hand.

 

"Hey!" Sunggyu yelled, surprised, "What was that for?" Woohyun yanked him up, quite forcefully, and dragged him back to bed without a word. Sunggyu tried to fight back but Woohyun was too strong. Realizing there was nothing he could do, the sick man let Woohyun shove him back under the covers begrudgingly.

 

"You idiot." Woohyun said, picking up a cloth to go re-wet it in the bathroom. Sunggyu was left lying in bed with a frown on as he waited for Woohyun to reappear.

 

"What do you mean 'you idiot'? You're the idiot." Sunggyu retorted once Woohyun emerged from the bathroom. The younger man didn't show any emotion and just made his way back to the bed. Sunggyu was practically looking straight up at Woohyun when he stopped walking. Without any notice, Woohyun threw down the wet cloth, smacking Sunggyu square in the face.

 

Sunggyu gasped as the cold water splattered everywhere. "What do you think I mean when I say you're an idiot?" Woohyun said pointedly. "You've been studying for a full week with no breaks! No wonder you got sick!" He yelled, furious with the thickheaded man in front of him.

 

"Why do you even care?" Sunggyu retorted, getting worked up as well.

 

"Because we're friends!"

 

Woohyun was caught off guard with his own response. It had just flown out of him mouth without him thinking. Never in a million years had he meant to admit that he thought Sunggyu was a friend. Sunggyu's eyes visibly widened when he saw the crimson cloud roll into the air, indicating that Woohyun had meant what he said. Their hearts picked up speed, both out of embarrassment. The older man looked away.

 

"Oh." Was all he could say at the moment, coughing awkwardly. Woohyun scratched the back of his head, clueless of what to say next.

 

"I…I should go greet the rest of your family." Woohyun said, pointing to the door. Sunggyu nodded and made weird hand motions.

 

"Yeah, yeah you should…go say hi…" He trailed off as Woohyun made his way to the door. Woohyun opened it and was about to walk out but noticed five bodies in his path. They stared at each other for a while, unmoving.

 

"Run!" Dongwoo half yelled, half laughed. Seemingly at once the bodies, which Woohyun recognized as Sunggyu's brothers, all shot up and scattered down the stairs.

 

"…WAIT!" Woohyun called, running after them. They heard him admit to being Sunggyu's friend! They must be stopped at all costs! He sprinted down the stairs, nearly catching Sungjong in the process.

 

"What's going on?" Sunggyu yelled from his room, as he was still tucked into bed, unaware of the spying that went on before. He didn't get a response. Curiosity consumed him as a loud shriek made it to his ears.

 

Sunggyu walked down the stairs and looked around the living room. Myungsoo was hiding behind the couch, motioning Sunggyu to keep quiet when he tried to ask what was going on. Sunggyu bent down next to his younger brother and opened his mouth to whisper when a pair of loud footsteps was heard coming their way.

 

Myungsoo sprinted off, leaving a confused Sunggyu behind to stare at his retreating figure. His head snapped to the new additions to the room when Sungyeol pulled him up and held him in front like a shield.

 

"Ha! You can't hurt me now!" Sungyeol announced, pointing at the riled up Woohyun standing a few feet away. He started to walk closer, eyes focused on the phone Sungyeol had in his hand.

 

"Ah! Wait, wait! I got to text Boohyun!" Sungyeol cried when Woohyun took a lunge at him and his meat shield. Sunggyu ducked in the nick of time, allowing Woohyun to grab the back of Sungyeol's shirt.

 

"Put. The. Phone. Down." Woohyun ordered, glaring at the younger he had in his grasp. If looks could kill, Sungyeol would've been a goner. The said man squeaked and attempted to run, but was held back from Woohyun's grip on his shirt.

 

"You think you can control me, but you can't!" Sungyeol screamed, slipping his shirt off and making a break for it, scaring a couple of maids as he ran by. Woohyun and Sunggyu stood there, staring at the discarded shirt, blinking at it dully.

 

"WAH!" Hoya yelled upon seeing Woohyun as he entered the room. Both of the college students looked up at him. Surprised, Hoya dropped his phone and ran back to the closet he was hiding in. Woohyun walked over to pick up the phone, smirking in victory.

 

"What's going on?" Sunggyu asked for the third time, getting a little annoyed that no one was paying attention to him.

 

"They heard me admit to being your friend." Woohyun said, looking through Hoya's phone to see if he had texted Boohyun. When he found no alarming messages, he stuffed it in his pocket to make sure Hoya couldn't get his phone again. He looked up at Sunggyu and gasped.

 

"Aaaand…sent!" Sunggyu smiled, looking up from his phone. Woohyun's face paled visibly.

 

"You didn't."

 

"Oh, but I did." Sunggyu laughed, twirling the phone around so Woohyun could see the message.

 

"Yes, Sunggyu! Good job!" Dongwoo and Sungyeol cheered from the kitchen, which was connected to the living room. Woohyun shot them a glare and then sped off in different directions, not forgetting to shoot Sunggyu a thumbs up as they went.

 

"You traitor." Woohyun breathed when he caught Sunggyu trying to sneak off. The older man laughed nervously as he met Woohyun's glare.

 

"I'm sick, I'm sick, I'm sick!" Sunggyu repeated in panic, crossing his arms in front of him as protection when Woohyun started to inch closer. Woohyun took a full step closer, triggering Sunggyu to bolt off.

 

"You aren't getting away!" Woohyun yelled, charging after him. Sunggyu took an unexpected turn and managed to lose the angry younger. Sunggyu knew where all the good places to hide were; it was his house, after all.

 

Woohyun halted his sprint after Sunggyu when he lost sight of him. He followed the long hallway he had last seen Sunggyu turn into. There were multiple doors lining each side. He could have been in any of these so Woohyun started to open the doors one by one.

 

They were either locked or were just storage rooms. Woohyun stopped at the last door; Sunggyu had got to be in there. He swung the door open, revealing the older man sitting in a feeble position in the corner with his head down.

 

"I got you." Woohyun smirked as he bent over Sunggyu. The said man didn't respond and kept his head lowered, not sparing Woohyun a glance. "Hey." Woohyun said, bending down to Sunggyu's height. He let out a surprised gasp when he saw the condition of the older.

 

"Hey, you alright?" Woohyun asked, worried. Sunggyu's eyes were closed and he was taking deep breaths. The light reflected off his skin in such a way that Woohyun was able to see sweat drops roll down from his forehead.

 

Sunggyu's fever had worsened.

 

 

~~~~~~

 

Never trust me when I say I'm done updating for the week. Thanks to all the new subscribers! I got so many at one time I thought I was featured hahahaha~ Oh no, poor gyu baby got worse! Stupid Woohyun, making run around while he's sick.