Chapter 9: “My Love, My Comfort and Resting Place Part 2”

We Are Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Omma, is it possible not to add gochujang to this?” Seyoung asked her mother. She’s in the kitchen with her mother; a rare sight not so long ago but that’s not the case anymore. She has realized the importance of learning the art of cooking.

“Seyoung-ah, that’s not gonna be called Chocolate Gochujang Biscotti if you don’t add the gochujang,” her mother answered, shaking her head.

“But he can’t really eat spicy food that well, that’s the problem,” she said.

“Gochujang is not that spicy but if you really think he can’t handle it use half of the needed amount. Let me see, it says here you need two tablespoons, use one. What say you?” suggested her mother.

“Arassoyo, Omma,” she said and continued to follow the recipe she asked from her mother, hoping to yield a good result.

Her mother can’t help but to smile at her. My daughter sure does love that young man to make this much effort, she thought as she watched he daughter placed the log formed dough in the oven. She has mentioned that Wooyoung is coming home today – after probably a week of being in and out of the country and that’s the main reason why her daughter is slaving away in the kitchen. “What time is he coming?”

“He told me last night that he’s coming early evening,” said Seyoung, checking the timer. “This is a bit complicated than I thought it would be, Omma.”

“It does require some patience,   you’ll get there. You know what I’ve learned about cooking, the more effort and sincerity you put into it, the better it taste,” said her mother. “I’m happy that we are having this moment in the kitchen right now though I’m a bit sad that it took so long to happen.”

“Mianhaeyo Omma, from now on, if I have the time, I’ll watch and help you prepare the food,” Seyoung promised.

“Alright, I’ll look forward to that uri ttal. I think we can check if it’s baked already. If so you can slice it then you’ll be almost done,” her mother said.

“Okay Omma, I’m curious and excited about how it would taste. And I do hope he likes it.”

“Please, even if it tasted bad he’ll like it. You have that young man in your hands.”

“You think so too, Omma?”

“I know so, don’t overthink. He’s probably getting impatient to see you right now,” her mother said. She also added, “Who knows, maybe he is begging the time to fast forward this very minute.”

HER MOTHER WAS RIGHT; at his hotel room, Wooyoung has been pacing back and forth, checking the time every five minutes. The time is really going by so slowly; he thought then checked his phone. He was disappointed to see that there weren’t any messages from Seyoung. What is this? After I did what she asked me to do last night she didn’t even remember me? Why isn’t she replying? He was so engrossed with his own thoughts that he didn’t even noticed Minjun watching him in amusement.

“Wooyoung-ah, do you need to use the washroom or something?” asked Minjun in a teasing tone.

“Hyung, were you there? To what extent have you seen?” Wooyoung asked.

“I’ve been watching you for a while now, I’ve seen everything. Your gestures showing that you’re going out of your mind – jaemiisseo. Continue,” he said as he moved closer to where Wooyoung was.

“Aish, hyung, you should have said something when you came,” said Wooyoung, whining.

“What, and miss the chance of seeing you going insane? Where’s the fun in that?”

“Yeah, there’s that,” Wooyoung replied. “Aaah, michikettda chincha!”

“Wae geurae, did you two fight? How did that happen? You were very happy last night.”

“She’s not answering her phone; she hasn’t replied to my messages this morning and I am getting worried.”

“Maybe she’s just getting back at you? Otherwise, can you think of something you said last night that could have made her angry?” said Minjun. “Try to recall what happened.”

“Arasso, hyung. Gomawoyo.”

“Don’t mention it. And don’t forget to come down after thirty minutes. I’m buying us food before we leave,” said Minjun before leaving the room.

“Yes, hyung, I’ll see you in thirty minutes,” Wooyoung said as he lay down on the bed. Let’s see, what did we talk about last night? He stared at the chandelier on the ceiling as he tried to remember what they talked about…..

“Really, you’re coming home early evening tomorrow? You’re going to stay in the country for a whole day not just hours?” she excitedly asked.

“Yes, Jinyoung Hyung gave us some time off. I’ll head straight to your house after dropping off my things at my apartment.”

“That’s nice; you’ll have some time to rest. You’re probably not sleeping that much, right? I’ve seen some of your photos taken by your fans, you look really tired.”

“I know right and I really, really want to see you,” he said in an excited voice until he realized something. “Wait, are you okay with me heading to your house tomorrow?”

“Huh? Oh, kugeu.. I’ll let you know tomorrow; maybe my mother has plans with me that I forgot about, let me confirm first.”

“Ah, okay. I understand. With our work,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter