Chapter 12: “If It Wasn’t So”

We Are Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She has no idea how she got out of his house, all that matters is she managed to, without giving out what she really feels. She doesn’t want to know about anything at this very moment, she just wants to linger in this state of numbness. She’s driving to the Han River, in need of some air to help clear her mind before heading home, otherwise her family especially her mother will notice that something is off with her.

I can’t believe I didn’t saw that coming. What happened to the perceptive me? I should have known better. These are the thoughts running through her head as she drives as normal as she possibly can. Given her predicament, it’s surprising that she managed to take charge of the wheel like nothing is happening, like the turmoil in her heart and mind is just a make believe.

Once she reached the river, she carefully looked for a secluded space to park her car, a spot that won’t get too much attention. She desperately need some time on her own and though she has long accepted that people will always try to invade her privacy, she wishes that doesn’t happen today.

On her third round, she found a spot overlooking the river. As she turns off the car engine, she took a deep breath and as she slowly releases her breath, the tears she has tried so hard not to show and let go of trickled down her face. There’s no stopping it now. And though she doesn't want to remember what took place at his apartment, the memory flows continuously along with her tears.

“Oppa, nan wasseo. How have you been? I missed you,” the woman said smiling sweetly. She noticed Seyoung and said “Oh, you’re not alone.”

“Minji-ah, wae yoegiseo?” said Wooyoung, shock written all over his face.

“Minji-ah?” asked Seyoung.

“Sorry, I’m Minji, Choi Minji. Wooyoung Oppa’s girlfriend,” she declared.

“I’m sorry, did you say girlfriend? He said you two broke up two years or something ago,” Seyoung said when the initial shock subsided, quoting what Wooyoung has said about his ex.

“Broke up? Oppa, I don’t understand this. Did you really say we broke up?” Minji said in disbelief.

“You left; you didn’t answer any of my calls when I tried to explain. I thought you wanted quits,” Wooyoung replied, clearly uneasy with the current situation.

“It doesn’t mean that I wanted quits; you wanted to focus on your career, I gave you your space,” Minji said. “It was so hard to say it at that time that’s why I left the way I did.”

“But you could have told me that before you left...” he stopped mid-sentence realizing that his wordings might insinuate the wrong thing.

“Excuse me, Wooyoung-ah, what are you two talking about?” Seyoung asked, having enough of the woman and Wooyoung’s conversation. “Why does it sound that I am the third party to you guys’ affair?”

“Seyoung-ah it’s not it. Listen to me, please,” Wooyoung said, looking at her with pleading eyes.

“What do you think? And please you are just someone who worked with Oppa, nothing more. How could you even think otherwise,” the woman said. “Oppa, there’s nothing to tell her, you pushed through with your career after I left; I’m back now. I know you’ll keep your promises.”

“Promises, what promises is she talking about Jang Wooyoung,” said Seyoung, her tone dangerously calm considering the situation. The words of the woman stung her but she’s more concerned abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter