Chapter 14: “All Roads Leads to You”

We Are Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I guess he is finally giving up Seyoung thought as she gets out of her bed. Well it’s been two weeks, if it was me I would have given up already. Yeah right, like you would. She was having this conversation in her head when what she’s anticipating came.

“Ka-talk, ka-talk.” There it is a bit late than usual, she thought as the messages came, one after the other. She finished fixing her bed before she lazily checked the messages. She knows that it’s from Wooyoung, he never fails to send her tons of messages daily – morning, afternoon and evening since that day and she’s used to it by now. She was surprised and a bit disappointed to see that it was from Jinwoon. The message reads:

“Noona, annyeong! I have been meaning to send you something but I was really busy lately and I keep forgetting about it. I hope this makes your day.”

The second message was a video clip and she finds it a bit odd. She opened it and felt the familiar flutter. It was a clip of Wooyoung with his groupmates. They’re in the practice room and Wooyoung grabbed a familiar box container from Chansung and Taecyeon, declaring that they cannot have any of its content, that it is all his.

“Arasso, eat everything until you burst! It’s not even that good and you won’t share; if you have a stomach ache from eating, I won’t feel  a tiny bit sorry for you,” said Taecyeon, offended by Wooyoung’s behavior.

“It’s not like that hyung…” he hesitated at first then continued. “Seyoung personally made this for me.”

“I thought so,” said Minjun as he snatched the box container from Wooyoung.

What happened next made her smile, the box container was passed around, Wooyoung in the middle trying to catch it, his facial expression showing like he’s about to cry. She can hear Jinwoon laughing while taking the video. If I was there I would have told them not to bother him she thought, but she knows deep inside her heart that’s not going to happen. She doesn’t have the guts to do so.

She typed a reply to Jinwoon:

“Is it that bad?”

Her phone rang after a few minutes, it was Jinwoon.

“Oh, Jinwoonie, annyeong!” she said after taking the call.

“Annyeong, noona! I didn’t get your reply, what do you mean by is it that bad? Are you talking about Wooyoung hyung?” Jinwoon asked.

“I meant the biscotti, was it that bad?”

“Ah, I thought…” replied Jinwoon. “If you’ve seen the clip you need not ask. He was really mad that they got their hands on it.”

“Ah, is that so.”

“I really thought you were asking about hyung. Well, even if you’re not am gonna tell you anyways. It’s been really bad; he’s falling apart and all over the place.”

She assumed he would talk about him, she’s well aware of their closeness though she didn’t expect to know that his condition is not good. She was taken aback by what Jinwoon said that she cannot form a sensible response and thus, she remained silent.

“Noona, you know I care for both of you and I know that I am not in a position to say these things but I’m gonna say it anyways. Nothing gets fixed if you just stay quiet; you need to talk things out in order for it to work. You need to communicate. Communications is beautiful; it lets you know the truth and sets you free,” Jinwoon said, sounding really wise for his age.

“I’ll keep that in mind Jinwoon-ah. Thanks for the clip, I’ll see you one of these days, let me know when you’re free,” she said.

“Arassoyo noona, I’ll let you know,” he said.

Seyoung sat on her bed and sighed. In truth, she misses him; only she can’t bring herself to answer his calls or send a reply to his messages. The two weeks of not communicating with him cleared her mind and eased her heart somehow. In actuality, she is ready to talk to him but being a girl she doesn’t want to be the one to initiate and she doesn’t think a phone conversation is enough to clear things up. I know he’s busy with promotions and their tour but can’t he really find the time to come over here personally to explain, she thought as she leaves her room.

She was greeted by her mother holding a bouquet of what seems to be three dozens of roses in six different colors.

“These came for you. I think someone has finally realized that it takes effort to win his woman back,” he mother teased as she hands her the flowers.

“Omma...” she said trying hard not to smile widely.

“Talk to him, hear him out. I believe he truly loves you because he was practically going out of his mind when he came here last time,” her mother said. “He would have missed his practice if I didn’t ask him to go.”

She didn’t say anything, she just smiled. She knows her mother understands her after all, mothers know best.

“Don’t you have any plans today?” her mother asked as they head to the kitchen. As she promised, she spends more time with her mother in the kitchen nowadays because she’s determined to learn how to cook.

“I’m going out with Eunhye later; she said she wanted to hang out.”

“Where are you going?”

“She didn’t tell me. She just said she’s gonna come and pick me up. She must really miss me Omma because she asked me to stay at her place tonight.”

“Well you haven’t seen her in a while because you’ve been really busy. It’s understandable.”

“Well there is that and I miss her too. It’s okay if I sleep over at her place, right?” Seyoung asked.

“Of course my daughter; I’m actually happy that you’re hanging out with your friend.”

“Thanks Omma. You’re really the best mother in the world!” she declared.

“Aigoo, uri ttal, you are being very biased but I’ll accept that,” her mother said and added, “To me, you are also the best. Don’t let your sisters know though.”

“Arassoyo, Omma. What can I do to help?” she asked looking at the ingredients set on the table.

“I’ll take care of this, put your flowers on a vase so it doesn’t wither too soon.”

“Okay Omma. I’ll take that vase in the living room then.”

As she makes her way to the living room she received a message. Did he finally decide to send me a message she thought. She was about to check it when another message came. And she was right, the message came from Wooyoung. The first message read:

“I hope you liked the flowers. Can’t decide on what color to send so I got all the colors available. I miss you so much it’s killing me. I love you, uri gongjunim.”

“Kure, I liked it but it would have been better if you came over and gave it to me personally. Kurigo, you have the time to go to a flower shop but you do not have time to visit me? You’re impossible!” she shook her head when she realized she was talking to her phone as if it’s going to respond or something. You are losing it Park Seyoung.

The second message was a video clip and she can’t help but to voice it out loud, “Is it just me or sending video clips are really an idol thing to do?” She opened the clip and saw Wooyoung who seems to have his phone on a selca stick trying to get an angle to show his apartment door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter