Chapter 6: “Officially Meeting The Bosses Part 1”

We Are Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is exactly how I felt when I debuted years ago; this is so nerve-racking, Wooyoung thought as he makes his way to Seyoung’s house. He has a day off – a rare occurrence lately because of the comeback promotions and world tour preparations, and he decided to spend it with Seyoung plus her niece, Hayoung whom he promised to buy food on national TV. He’s a bit nervous because a few days back, he watched an episode of Superman Returns while on standby. The episode showed how Jang Geun Suk tried to win Sarang’s attention but failed miserably. He’s afraid the same might happen to him; he keeps thinking what if she doesn’t like me?

On the other hand he is happy he finally gets to see Seyoung after weeks of not being able to. She, too, is busy with the wrap of Glorious Days especially since it was cut short, there’s plenty of revision and last minute shooting schedules. In the midst of their overwhelmingly busy schedule, their only means of communication is through mobile phones that sometimes he shudders to think of the absence of it. He often thinks, thank God for modern technology! Whoever developed the telephone, thank you Sir or Ma’am!

Wooyoung was so lost in his thoughts that before he knew it, he has reached Seyoung’s house. His anxiety rece more as he gets out of his car carrying a basket of fruits for Seyoung’s parents and food and present for Hayoung. It’s show time, I hope she’s a fan, he thought as he makes his way to the gate.

Before he could push the doorbell though, he saw Seyoung coming out of the door, smiling. There she is, the woman of my dreams. Now I have an idea how much I really missed her this past weeks, he thought as he waited for her to open the gate.

“Why did you bring so much? You really wanted to get her approval?” asked Seyoung once she opened the gate and saw what he was holding.

“This is not much; the fruits are for your parents and ah.. Yeah, I really want to get her approval that much.” He said because he can’t deny anymore that he went overboard buying stuff for her niece.

“Because I told you we are very close and I adore her so much?” she asked.

“Yes, I also want to show her that you’re in good hands; kids are picky you know,” he said.

“Aigoo, you’re intimidated by a kid,” she teased then added, “that’s okay but, did you bring something for me?” she asked but didn’t really mean it. She’s happy with the mere fact that he’s here to see her, and her niece.

“For you? Isn’t coming over despite my busy schedule already a present for you?” he teased.

“Ah, is that so?” she acted disappointed.

“No, I’m just kidding. You’re not thinking of kicking me out before you even let me in the house, right?” he asked.

“You know what? I just might,” she joked closing the gate.

“Yah, you’re really gonna treat me like this?” he said, pained then pouted.

“Cute! Let’s go inside, Hayoung-ie’s waiting. She’s very excited to see you,” said Seyoung, taking a paper bag from Wooyoung. She peeked and saw various Pororo items inside. “So that’s why you’re asking if she likes Pororo…”

“Well I figured she has seen some episodes or something,” he said as they made their way to the house. “You did say she likes him, right?”

“Do you know any kid who doesn’t like Pororo?”

“Honestly, I don’t know any kid. I mean I don’t know any little kid; as in teeny tiny kids.”

“Alright, I understand. But my niece is not gonna eat you or something so relax. For all we know you might charm your way to her too. It did work on me remember?”

“That makes me feel a bit at ease.”

“There’s nothing to be anxious about to begin with,” she said as she open the door revealing a cute little girl in pigtails running over to where they were. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter