Chapter 1: “The End is Actually the Beginning”

We Are Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“CUT!” says the director marking the end of the taping, the end of their run as a virtual couple. “Sugohasyeotsseumnida (Thank you for your hard work),” Both Wooyoung and Seyoung are bowing to all the staff and crew present on their last taping day, expressing their appreciation and thankfulness.  They looked at each other, still somehow unsure about what just happened; that it really was the last day.

As everyone starts to pack up for the day Wooyoung asked Seyoung while looking at her intently in the eyes, “Are you going straight to the Glorious Day filming location?”

“I’ll be heading home; I don’t have any scene to shoot today. Why?” asked Seyoung. Although she already has an idea about what he’s gonna say next, she still can’t believe he remembered.

“I have something to say; well more on something to ask you. You did say on your birthday to ask you again after we filmed the last episode. Did you perhaps change your mind?” Wooyoung replied, a mixture of feelings reflecting in his eyes – uncertainty, expectant, hopeful.

“Kure; let’s have that talk. Where do you want to have it?” she answered after a minute of thinking. She finally made up her mind. She’s finally sure that he meant everything he said on her birthday.

“I know you’re gonna say it’s cheesy but, can we have it at Han River? Let’s convoy; is that okay with you?” he said, using the tone and aegyo that she can never say no to.

“Alright, Han River it is then. See you later, Wooyoung-ah.” She’s trying really hard to sound normal and not excited worried that the crew might catch up with the two of them.

“See you later, Park Seyoung-ie.” He smiled her favorite smile, that warm smile that she knows he only shows her.

They waved goodbye to each other and to all the staff and crew that’s heading out, their work for the day done. She giddily made her way to where her car was parked, feeling all teenager-y all of a sudden. As she makes her way out of the parking lot, her thoughts went back to what happened on her birthday…

They finished shooting an episode – her birthday episode. He went above and beyond and she was really happy. Sure it was sort of scripted but still, the idea is very touching and though most people have no idea of her personality, she really likes small touching events. While everybody packs up for the day, Wooyoung approached her. She thought he already left, he has a packed schedule lately; their comeback is just around the corner and JYPE has their One Mic event. He’s smiling her favorite smile though she noticed that there’s something about him, like he’s anxious and nervous at the same time.

“You thought I left, right?” He asked her, as if he read what’s on her mind.

“Actually, I thought you did. You said you had a schedule in 3 hours.”

“I do, but I wanted to give you something. There’s also something I wanna ask you.”

“Give something to me? Aside from what you’ve already given, there’s still more?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter