Chapter 2: “The Bridge We’re About to Cross”

We Are Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He reached the river first. He was wishing so hard not to arrive at the location first but he guess luck was not on his side today. It’s his fault too, because he’s really excited yet at the same time dreading what she’s about to say. He’s having a conversation with himself in his head: She smiled when she agreed for us to talk right? She’s avoiding my eyes because she’s hiding something. God let my haunch be accurate, please. Jebal.

He checked his phone, for the nth time, wondering why she hasn’t sent any reply. She read his message, it clearly shows that it is read but why is she not replying? Where is she? He’s starting to panic now because: what if she changed her mind. He has plenty of other things to think of and worry about, like he has to fly out in 9 hours for the One Mic event on a neighboring country, he hasn’t really packed his essentials yet and more. He was about to call her when his phone rang, it’s Taecyeon and he has a feeling he is about to be in trouble.

“Hyung, annyeong.” He greeted once he picked up the call.

“Eodiseo? When are you getting back? Gwaenchana?” Taecyeon asked in one breath. He’s really a rapper for a reason.

“Na? I’m at the river. Gwaenchanayo hyung, don’t worry. I’ll be back soon.” He reassures him, so as not to be questioned further.

“Alright, I just wanna make sure you are fine. I heard it’s your last shooting day. If you need someone to talk to just let me know okay?” Taecyeon said. At this point he’s feeling a bit guilty already but he can’t really say anything just yet; things are not yet clear. He can only say “mianhaeyo hyung” in his head for his groupmate’s clear concern about him.

“Neh, hyung. See you later.” He said before hanging up.

Once he hanged up, he finally saw her car approaching. Dahaeng ida, chincha. He sighs in relief and got ready to get out of his car. This is it, time to face the music. Fighting, Jang Wooyoung! He cheers himself on, the best way he can.

Seyoung is as anxious as him once she parked her car. Although she’s sure of her answer she’s still a bit scared about how and what the reaction of everybody is going to be. She knows he’s famous; he’s been around far longer that she is. Will the fans accept them if ever their relationship becomes public one day? That thought makes her waver a bit about her decision that she almost didn’t want to get out of her car. But once she saw him get off his own car, she calmed down a bit. Gwaenchana Park Seyoung, you are worth it, he said you are worth it, she repeats in her head as she gets out of her car. You deserve to be happy with this awesome guy.

They smiled at each other when their eyes met. She can see clearly that he is nervous that it makes her really happy. He really cares; he’s not channeling a player look; he looks genuinely about to breakdown if I don’t say the words he wants to hear; these are the thoughts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter