Competition

To Make You Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"These?" Woohyun slowly looks down and realizes the plate of steaming hot food on his hands. "A-actually they're for Sunggyu hyung." 

"Sunggyu hyung?" The stranger steps closer within the mansion, and Woohyun backs away slightly. "You know Sunggyu hyung?" 

Woohyun gulps nervously. "Who are you?" 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" The man raises a brow in a challenging manner, smiling. "Hm?" 

Clearing his throat, Woohyun stands straightly with his chin raised in attempts to look confident. "Well, I'm Woohyun, Sunggyu hyung's cousin. Who are you?" 

"Cousin?" The man scoffs. "I'm Sunggyu hyung's brother, Kim Myungsoo. I didn't know you were part of the family." 

"Y-you're lying!" Woogyu gasps.

"I am not!" Myungsoo takes out his phone and starts dialing. Woohyun watches in curiosity. "Ah, hello? Sunggyu hyung?" 

Woohyun's eyes widen and jumps forward, trying to snatch the phone. "Sunggyu hyung!" 

"Yah!" Myungsoo pushes him away. "What do you think you're doing?!" 

"Sunggyu hyung!" Woohyun screams. "There's a strange man here, come quick—" 

"I'm no strange man, I'm his brother!" 

"Prove it!" 

Myungsoo shoots Woohyun an incredulous look. Sighing, he closes his phone and puts it back in his pocket, ignoring the voices from the other line. "Let me in first." 

"But Sunggyu hyung told me not to let any strangers in." 

Myungsoo rolls his eyes. "I told you, I'm his brother." 

"Nope." 

"What do you mean nope—ugh just let me in." Myungsoo pushes the door open, and Woohyun struggles to keep it closed. However, the older male was obviously stronger and the force from the door makes Woohyun drop the plate he was holding. 

Woohyun gasps in horror and immediately crouches down to the floor. "My food…" 

Leaving the door behind, Myungsoo was able to enter. He also gasps at the mess on the floor, frozen. 

"Why do I keep breaking things…" Woohyun glances at his bandaged finger, frowning. He picks up the pieces of glass with his barehands again, hoping not to get another cut. 

"Yah, kid, don't touch those." 

Woohyun turns back to look at Myungsoo, his face covered with worry. "Sunggyu hyung is going to get mad." 

"No he won't." Myungsoo looks at his wristwatch and sighs. "Just go look for some plastic gloves and I'll go clean up the mess." 

After the strange phone call from his brother, Sunggyu manages to drive home as fast as he could in 20 minutes. 

He carries the multiple grocery bags up to to porch and goes back to his car to help Minhee with the rest of the grocery. After everything is all carried to the porch, Sunggyu opens the front door. 

Right beneath him, he sees Myungsoo on the floor, picking up food and sharp pieces of glass. The younger one looks up, eyes widening at the sight of his brother. 

"Sunggyu hyung!" Myungsoo smiles. "You're back." 

Sunggyu's eyes travel to the right, where Woohyun was staring at Sunggyu with a face he couldn't decipher. It looked like he was terrified, while Myungsoo looked completely happy. 

"What happened here?" Sunggyu finally speaks. 

"It's his fault." Said both Woohyun and Myungsoo, each pointing to the other. 

Sunggyu explains everything to Myungsoo once they sit down. Myungsoo nods understandingly each time, also glancing at Woohyun from time to time. 

"So, Woohyun, this is Myungsoo." Sunggyu wraps an around the younger male. "He's my brother." 

Myungsoo smiles in triumph and rests his head on Sunggyu's shoulder. "I told you." 

Woohyun frowns at the sight in front of him and remains quiet. 

Sunggyu clears his throat as he notices the tension in the air. "Anyways, Myungsoo here is an actor." 

"Actor?" 

"Yeah, you know, those people who appear on tv." 

"Oh." 

"What's this?" Myungsoo chuckles a little smugly. "He still doesn't know me?"

Sunggyu laughs and playfully slaps Myungsoo's head. "Yah, not everyone knows you, ok? You're not as famous as you think." 

Myungsoo pouts, rubbing his head. "Alright, alright." He turns back to Woohyun, extending a hand. "So, friends?" 

Woohyun hesitates for a moment before a cute little smile breaks on his face, and he is reaching out his hand to shake Myungsoo's. 

But before Woohyun could touch his hand, Myungsoo pulls away and laughs out loud. "Too slow!" 

Woohyun scowls immediately, and Myungsoo gets another hit in the head from his older brother. 

Woohyun was stuck in his room while Sunggyu and Myungsoo were outside, trying to catch up with each other. 

Woohyun learns that the brothers hadn't seen each other for a few months since both were too busy with their careers. And now that Myungsoo finally got a few weeks off of his work, he'd be staying in the house for a while too. 

There was something about Myungsoo that Woohyun didn't like. Maybe it was the fact that Myungsoo easily made Sunggyu smile and laugh—which annoys the hell out of Woohyun because making Sunggyu happy was his job. 

Woohyun shifts in bed uncomfortably. His stomach makes a growl and he realizes that he hadn't eaten anything eversince noon, and it was already evening. 

Minhee was probably finished making dinner, but Woohyun had no intention of going down to where the brothers were.

Sighing, he covers his body under the covers when when hears the door open. His head slowly peeks out just a bit to see who it was, but he sees no one by the door which was left ajar. 

He looks around his room when somebody suddenly shouts at his ear which scares the out of the little boy. Woohyun retreats to the other side of the bed as fast as he could until he falls to the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter