Vacation

To Make You Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: this was rushed sorry

 

"I told him…"

"Told him what?" Sungyeol stuffed another cut fruit into his mouth, pretending to listen to Woohyun's story when he's actually only thinking about Woohyun's packed fruit salad and how good it tastes. "Hold that thought—"

"You're not listening to me!"

"—This is delicious."

"It's just a bunch of cut fruits with chopped nuts in a cup." Woohyun juts out his lower lip and grabs the empty cup from Sungyeol's lap. "We aren't even in school yet but you already finished one cup…"

"How many cups of these do you have exactly?"

"I have three more in my bag—Hey!" Woohyun struggles under Sungyeol and tries to elbow him away, but Sungyeol was taller and had longer arms, so his hands were fast on the zipper of his bag. "Let go!"

"I'm hungry just give me one!"

Jinho presses on the brakes so abruptly that Sungyeol fall to the ground of the car. Woohyun breathes out and sits up properly, fixing his hair and adjusting his disoriented backpack.

"Stop fighting, the two of you." Jinho berates from the driver's seat, shaking his head at his son who was still on the ground, groaning. "Sungyeol, go back to your seat and stop bothering Woohyun."

Sungyeol mutters some words from under his breath before he does what he was told. "Sorry." He says to Woohyun. The car continues to drive again when the lights turned green.

"It's ok. I was gonna give you one anyways." Woohyun smiles a little until he sees Sunggyu from the passenger's seat, smiling at him too. Woohyun drops his eyes to his lap, blushing. "A-As I was saying…"

Sungyeol's eyes flicker from Sunggyu's smile to Woohyun's blushing face. He raises a brow at the both of them, but mostly at Woohyun because Sunggyu was already facing front.

"What's going on here?"

"What?" Woohyun blinks innocently.

"I saw that."

"Saw what?"

Sungyeol eyes his friend a little suspiciously, pointing out a thumb at the passenger's seat. "Him and you. You and him. Exchanging smiles. You looking like a little girl. What's up?"

Woohyun lowers his voice to a barely audible whisper. "That's what I've been trying to tell you. But all you did was eat my fruit salad."

"But they were really good!"

"Myungsoo hyung made them." Woohyun laughs amusingly when Sugyeol's face changes to a face of disgust. "He wanted to apologize for what he said last night."

"Obviously, I'm missing out on something big here."

"Yes, I'm getting there." Woohyun clears his throat and glances to the front to make sure they weren't listening. "Last night, I told Sunggyu hyung about my heart, doing weird things, and…"

"And?"

"That's it."

"That's it?"

"Well, he said that we can talk about it again when I'm sure with my feelings…" Woohyun sighs rather loudly, lazily falling to the headrest of his seat. "The problem is, I'm not sure if there's enough time for me to exactly figure it out..."

"Enough time?" Sungyeol asks. "What do you mean? You'll…just leave? Woohyun, what—?"

Woohyun quickly sits up straight when he realizes that he just kind of slipped. "No I mean…"

"You're hiding something."

"I'm not!"

Woohyun gets saved from Sungyeol's obviously oncoming interrogations when Jinho parks the car and says that they were already in school. Woohyun was the first to hop off the car after thanking Jinho for the ride.

He gets pulled back though when Sungyeol grabs his wrists. "Hey, stop rushing." And that's when Woohyun realizes that he's been running. "Sunggyu-ssi wants to talk to you."

"O-Oh." Woohyun nods, swallowing nervously as he walks over to the parked black van. As he gets closer the door to the passenger's seat opens and a little orange blob of hair was the first thing Woohyun sees before Sunggyu steps out as a whole and grins sweetly at Woohyun, making him melt. "You wanted to talk to me?"

"You forgot to say goodbye." Sunggyu whispers before he pulls on Woohyun's backpack straps to bring him closer and embrace him into a tight hug.

Woohyun, on the other hand, was swift to push Sunggyu away though he didn't really want to. All around them were students, some already had their phones in the air, snapping pictures, and Woohyun just didn't want to cause trouble again. It looked like Sunggyu didn't care though, with his eyes solely fixated on Woohyun and Woohyun only.

"G-Goodbye."

Then Woohyun runs back to Sungyeol's side, cheeks burning and heart racing once again. Meanwhile, Sunggyu was laughing as he entered the van because it was fun for him to make Woohyun flustered.

+

"I swear, if that Myungsoo guy ever makes you cry again, I'll beat him up."

Woohyun laughs at Sungyeol's determined face, because he what he just swore seemed likely impossible for a thin klutz like Sungyeol. "Don't worry. I'm not really mad and he already apologized, didn't he?"

"Yeah, by giving you stupid fruit salads."

"Which you loved." The other teases.

Sungyeol sighs dejectedly and slams his head on his desk. "True."

+

"Where are we going now?"

"Woollim, remember?"

Sunggyu hits his head on the glass window, groaning. "Can't you just fill in my seat? I don't really want to go to the meeting."

"Can't." Jinho replies with a shake of his head. "The boss also wanted to talk to you personally about Woohyun."

"W-What?!" Sunggyu gasps. He definitely wasn't expecting that. "I thought he was cool with me keeping Woohyun around?"

"Yeah, but, you never know right?"

Sunggyu groans again.

After a long drive to the company building, they finally arrived. Sunggyu steps into the building, where his music was being played everywhere. He greets the staff and the staff greets him back, exchanging polite smiles.

He rides the elevator to the last floor of the building and hurries to the meeting room. When Sunggyu realizes that there were at least 7 meeting rooms on this floor, he sighs and turns back with Jinho already quick to answer, "Room G-4."

Sunggyu nods and rushes to G-4, opening the door quite strongly only to find the room empty. Excluding that of the man sitting on the largest leather chair, all the way to the front of the long rectangular table. "You're late."

"We're late." Sunggyu breathes out. "Sorry." He bows for a few seconds, hands on his knees and back perfectly straight.

"It's alright." Jungyeop, the CEO, ushers them to sit down. And so they do.

"It's my fault. I should've driven faster." Jinho apologizes, but Jungyeop didn't look like he was mad at all and again, tells them both to sit down. With a skeptical nod, Sunggyu and Jinho sits down far away from Jungyeop.

Leaning in, Sunggyu whispers, "Is it just me, or is he too happy today?"

"Maybe he's got himself a girlfriend." Jinho whispers back.

Sunggyu chuckles. "Or a boyfriend—"

"Listen." Clasping his hands together, Jungyeop points to the screen. "Alright, there's no reason for me to repeat every single thing we've discussed in the meeting room 30 minutes ago but I'd only discuss the ones concerning you."

"Yes sir." Sunggyu says humbly. "Please continue."

Jungyeop gestures to the screen again. "As you can see, Sunggyu, these are your album sales which proves to be the highest of our earnings so far."

Sunggyu was aware of that, but he wasn't exactly keeping track of the numbers. Now that Jungyeop had presented to him the exact amounts, he feels kind of happy and proud at his success.

"And because of your hard work, we're giving you a vacation."

"Vacation?"

"In Busan."

"Busan?!" Sunggyu nearly screams. "R-Really?"

"No."

Sunggyu's smile drops from his face. "Sir—"

Jungyeop laughs out loud which shuts Sunggyu up with horror. Jungyeop had definitely changed from a terrifying boss to someone, like this, laughing and spinning around in his chair.

"What the heck…?" Jinho couldn't believe his eyes. "What has gotten into him?"

Clearing his throat, Jungyeop sits up in his properly again. "I'm sorry for that. It's just that the company has been doing really well and I'm just…happy, these days."

Sunggyu smiles genuinely. "I'm really happy to hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter