Epilogue: His Purpose

To Make You Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a punishment for disobeying multiple rules back in earth, Woohyun was forbidden to step on their soil and was excluded of any work concerning the human race for 5 human years—which is equivalent to more years than that in heaven.

Basically for Woohyun it was torture. He wasn't even allowed to know how Sunggyu was these past years. Sometimes, when Yein would return back from any errands she did in earth, she'd give a Woohyun details on how Sunggyu was doing.

Only a few months after his leaving, Yein tells Woohyun that everybody back in earth was looking for him. His disappearance was broadcasted throughout the whole nation—Kim Sunggyu pleading for the return of his beloved cousin with the reward of a large sum of money.

After a year of a forlorn attempt of trying to look for him, Woohyun learns that Sunggyu has given up and accepted that he just wasn't going to return home anymore. This gives Woohyun closure that maybe he should too accept his fate and go on with his duties and responsibilities.

Time passes and Woohyun hasn't heard a thing about Sunggyu anymore from Yein. Not like there was nothing to tell, but it was Woohyun who refused to listen to her stories. He just wanted to forget and move on for the time being.

And so that was what he did. He moved on and set his priorities straight, serving the higher angels in heaven remarkably. Then Woohyun finally earns a name for himself. He gets praised for being one of the most responsible angels there ever was—and for that he gets a reward.

Woohyun tells them he wants to go back to earth, which was acceptable since his 5 years have already passed. However, there was something else he was wishing for. He wished to become fully human and to never come back in heaven again.

They all stared at him like he was crazy. To think that someone who already has the wonderful pleasures and blessings up in heaven would willingly give up his status just to live as a mere, sinful human being. It was absurd. But for Woohyun, it was called sacrifice.

The higher angels tell him that they accept his request, but there was a condition. In order to live as a full human being, one must of course not know about the daily life and doings of their kind. In short, they would have to erase Woohyun's memory.

This gives Woohyun a blow on the chest. Something to think about, to ponder on. Was he willing to forget everything in order to be with Sunggyu again? Or would he rather be stuck in heaven with the remaining precious memories of him and Sunggyu forever locked in his thoughts?

Woohyun then decides that no matter what happens, he'll always choose to be with Sunggyu. They tell him that the moment his feet touches the ground, he'll be as clueless as a newborn baby. Then they send him flying down to earth, but he wasn't as excited as was before.

+

Woohyun is now officially 22 years old in earth. He was also taller than before, and his features had made him look much older and definitely more handsome.

He is a stumbling, stuttering mess the moment he lands on soil and grass and dirt. It was a familiar feeling, but he couldn't recall anything. So there he lifts himself up from the ground and walks around the grassy area only knowing that his name was Woohyun, and that he was human.

More people appear as he walks down the grassy hill. He learns that he was in a place where people bond and socialize, and Woohyun gets hyped up for a second, excited to socialize himself. But the second he realizes that he didn't know anybody, he slumps his shoulders down and continues to walk around aimlessly.

Woohyun didn't know where to go, or what his purpose was even. It had already gotten dark and he finds out that he is in fact, afraid of the dark. He runs around in circles, looking for a place to stay in the night, but he fails.

Just when he is about call it a night and sleep on the cold concrete, a bright flicker of lights on the corner of the street catches his eyes. He follows the light and is led to some underground party area with tons and tons of people all dancing to the crazy loud music, having fun.

Woohyun smiles to himself and tells himself that maybe this was what he was looking for. He enters the area, more specifically a club, blending in with the people on the dance floor. He looks awkward with his backpack and flimsy moves, but he doesn't care. He was having fun.

After some time, he squeezes himself out from all the people and decides to take a rest on a high stool in front of the long bar table. He finds joy in spinning himself around it but stops when he sees a pair of eyes staring at him just one chair away. Woohyun stares back.

The man staring at him looked about his age, but definitely taller. His hair was slightly shaved at its sides, and his eyes were just round and huge. Woohyun raises a brow at the stranger, wondering why he wouldn't keep his eyes to himself.

But before he could ask, the stranger was already looking away with a very disturbed expression on his face as he starts drinking his weird looking beverage. Woohyun stays confused but decides not to think about it for too much. Maybe the man had too much to drink, Woohyun guesses.

When the bartender approaches him and asks for what he wanted, Woohyun answers that he only wanted some orange juice. The bartender looked at him oddly too, but was quick to dismiss himself to make Woohyun some orange juice.

Woohyun knows that money was needed in the situation. He didn't know how he knew of this, but it just simply popped into his head. So he starts fishing for some bills in his pocket, pulling out a few dollars here and there. Also, he manages to pull out a crumpled piece of paper with small writings in it.

"Find Kim Sunggyu."

Woohyun squints his eyes at the bad penmanship, trying to reread it again and again. Kim Sunggyu. Why did the name sound so painfully familiar?

The bartender slides the glass of freshly made orange juice to him after a minute. Woohyun accepts it with much joy and was just about to take his first sip when the stranger from before has already sat right next to him.

Woohyun stops moving completely and gives the stranger another questioning stare. "Can I help you with anything?" He asks in his deep voice, much deeper from his previous teenager voice.

The man doesn't respond but instead leans in dangerously close to his face. The next second, his hands were already on Woohyun's face. Woohyun quickly shoves the man aside, gasping at his bold movements.

"What's wrong with you?" Woohyun almost screams.

The man leans back. "I'm sorry." He looked apologetic, at least. "But you look like someone I know from long ago. I must have drank a lot…"

"Oh." Woohyun immediately softens up at the reason. "Don't worry. I'm also sorry for shoving your hand."

The man flashes up a big, gummy smile and extends his hand over at Woohyun. "I'm Sungyeol, by the way."

"I'm Woohyun." He smiles back.

Sungyeol tenses up, Woohyun could feel it in their connected hands. He doesn't know why, but Sungyeol's smile had disappeared. Now he was looking at Woohyun the way he was looking at him just a few moments ago.

"Woohyun?" Sungyeol asks with a hopeful tone. "D-Did you say your name was Woohyun?"

"Yes." Woohyun pulls his hand away. He really wanted to drink his orange juice right now, but for some reason, he couldn't take his eyes off Sungyeol. "Is there something wrong?"

Sungyeol leans back and laughs to himself. "I must be dreaming." Then he starts laughing again with his eyes on Woohyun again this time. "It really is you…"

Woohyun starts to think that maybe Sungyeol was a little crazy. Quietly, he grabs his orange juice and slips off his chair, but Sungyeol manages to stop him.

"Woohyun, don't you remember me?" Sungyeol walks over him and gives him a long and tight, a bit awkward, hug. When he pulls back, he looks like he was about to cry. "I'm Lee Sungyeol. Your bestfriend? Where have you been all these years?"

When he doesn't reply, Sungyeol continues to hug him again. But this time, Woohyun pushes him away.

"I'm sorry but I don't know you, ok?" Woohyun unfolds the crumpled paper in his hand and shows it to Sungyeol. "I need to look for Kim Sunggyu now, so I need to get going—"

"Wait!" Sungyeol grabs his arm desperately. With a small encouraging smile, he says, "I know where Sunggyu is. I can take you to him right now."

+

The car ride was quite interesting and a bit too noisy. Sungyeol didn't stop talking at all. He told Woohyun about who he was, and what they were before. Basically, he was reminding Woohyun of his life before he disappeared and forget everything. But all was to no avail as none of Sungyeol's stories rang a bell in Woohyun's mind.

When Sungyeol would ask questions, Woohyun would shun them all and tell him that he doesn't know. Well, he wasn't lying anyways. He really had no clue whatsoever as to what his purpose was. He only had one lead—and that was to find Kim Sunggyu.

After Woohyun was done playing with the random buttons on Sungyeol's car, he checks the time and learns that it was almost 2 in the morning. Woohyun points to the digital clock then turns his head over at Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter