Chapter 26

Best Mistake

"The show is starting in 10 minutes, get ready!" Sunny stuck her head into the dressing room and shouted. She ran to the backstage and gave a last minute nagging to the crew. 

Taeyeon shook hands with some of the other designers who had just arrived. Jessica stood beside her and greeted them as well. Jessica was in a long white dress, with her beautiful back exposed teasingly. Taeyeon, on the other hand, wore a short black dress. She was not used to wearing dresses but since it was Jessica who designed the dress for her, she had to wear it.

"You look really nice in this dress," Jessica whispered as the guests took their seat. The dress was personally made by Jessica. It took her weeks, almost a month to do it. Taeyeon smiled and gave Jessica's hand a light squeeze. Though she was not really interested in dresses, the chic yet classy dress Jessica had designed caught her eye instantly (or was it because it was Jessica who did it, so it seemed exceptionally pretty to her). 

"Thank you." Taeyeon leaned her head towards Jessica gently. 

"You two, enough lovey dove, the show is starting!" Sunny came over to them and said in a hushed tone. "Tae, you have a speech to make, go go!"

"Loosen up, Kyu, it's not the first time." Taeyeon patted her friend's back. When there was a show, Sunny would always get worked up and she would run around with her hair all over her face. 

"Easy for you to say, big boss, I'm the one running around!" 

"Remind me to get you an assistant after the show."

"Really?" Sunny's eyes lit up. "An assistant for an assistant?"

Taeyeon smiled and adjusted the snapback on Sunny's head. "An assistant for a dear friend. Now, go, standby at backstage."

Sunny hit Taeyeon in the arm and smiled. "Thanks buddy!" She passed Taeyeon the microphone and ran off to the backstage. Taeyeon walked up to the stage and everyone in the room applauded.

"Thank you everyone for coming to the joint show between K.EMP and JDOT. I have the pleasure of collaborating with the talented Ms Jung. After the show, please continue to support us. So... Without further ado, let the show begin?" Taeyeon gave a confident smile and gave a signal for the music to be played. She left the stage and joined Jessica at the side of the stage.

"Why do I have such a cool girlfriend?" Jessica asked softly. Taeyeon coughed once and suppressed a smile. The music started and the models strutted down the runway. The camera shutters went off rapidly, capturing the moment when the designs came alive on stage. Jessica looked at her designs presented on stage, having such an opportunity to show her designs internationally, it felt really surreal. And she had one person to thank. She placed her hand on Taeyeon's and wrote on the back of her hand.

Taeyeon looked at her hand and felt Jessica's finger moving on her hand. Was she writing something? T... Taeyeon looked over to Jessica who was looking at the stage. H... Taeyeon could already guess what Jessica wanted to say. A... She let Jessica finish what she wanted to write and flipped her hand around to hold Jessica's hand. She leaned in close to Jessica's ears and whispered, "You don't have to say that, you know."

Jessica smiled and glanced over to the person next to her. She nodded and gave the hand she was holding a light squeeze. She knew Taeyeon would say that but she just want to say it anyway. No matter how many times she said thank you, it would not be enough. The show came to an end before they even knew it and Taeyeon went up to the stage again. Jessica looked at her in admiration. Who would have thought someone so charismatic on stage could have a difficult past? Definitely not her. But now that she knew, she would cherish her even more.

After months of preparations, the show came to an end. Jessica was glad that it was over, but at the same time, there was a lingering sadness. Her first fashion show officially came to an end but would there be a second? Taeyeon came down from the stage to find her and the guests came over to congratulate them for the success of the show. Though Taeyeon had just taken over the company and did not make much appearances in the public as the CEO of K.EMP, she seemed at ease in greeting the guests. Jessica heard praises of the designs and she looked to Taeyeon, beaming with pride. Taeyeon returned the smile and placed her hand on Jessica's waist.

"Buddy, you're wanted by the press over there!" Sunny ran over and informed her.

Taeyeon nodded and said softly to Jessica, "I'll be back soon."

Jessica nodded and looked at Taeyeon as she walked towards the press waiting for her at the other side of the room. She continued to interact with the guests, talking to them about her company and her designs. She had an amazing time, to have so many people across the globe listening to her talk. Soon after, the press approached her and requested to speak to her.

"The designs are refreshing, where do you get your inspiration from?" That was one of the question she caught. Instinctively, she glanced over briefly to the direction where Taeyeon was standing and gave a small smile. Taeyeon was beside Sunny. Both of them were looking in her direction but Taeyeon had a smile so bright that she could see it so clearly across the dimly lit room. She turned back to the press, having an answer in her heart.

"Someone important."

"Can we interpret it as your boyfriend? Or husband?" Someone asked.

"Last time you said you have a husband, so it's him who gave you the inspiration?" Another added.

Jessica shook her head and laughed lightly. "No, uh, my husband and I, we divorced but I'm still very thankful to him for supporting me throughout my journey in designing."

"So it's someone else? Care to share?"

"As of now, I'll keep it a secret." Jessica stole another glance at Taeyeon who was still looking at her.

-

A/N: Hi everyone, I'm back! Just a short update, and I'm starting another fic, please do check it out!