The Artist

Unfinished Heart

Sehun woke up to once again see Luhan and Xiumin cuddling as they slept. He looked at Xiumin and made punching motions at him. He continued to keep the fact that half of his mechanical heart was a human heart, a secret from Luhan. He stared at Luhan and blew him kisses and then glared at Xiumin. He walked to the bathroom and washed his face. He stared at his dripping wet face and sighed. He grabbed a towel and brushed his teeth.

He walked to the closet and scanned through the shelves.

" Hmm.." he said as he scratched his head.

He couldn't decide, so he just took out black sweat pants, black high tops, and a loose gray and black shirt that had a tribal pocket in the front. His outfit fit his figure well. As he opened the door, he saw Luhan kissing Xiumin. They had a full on make out session. Sehun rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. He felt like the biggest third wheel. He decided to take a walk through the city to ignore the couple. His heart needed a break from the ache. He strolled through the city and he saw a man sitting on a bench, drawling. He was curious and decided to join the strange artist.

" Hello," Sehun said as he took a peek at the artist. His eyes grew wide as he saw how beautiful the artist was and his drawling.

The artist stared at Sehun and nodded.

Sehun took a seat next to the artist and stared at his drawling once more. He saw the mystical forest that had mystical creatures. But something caught his eye. He saw a young boy staring at the blue moon. The boy looked sad, as if he was going to burst into tears any minute. Sehun examined the picture closer and saw that the boy was the artist. Sehun was puzzled and wondered if the artist had also felt loneliness just like him.

" That is a beautiful drawling, you drew there." Sehun said as the corners of his mouth slowly formed a small smile. It was the first time that he has ever smiled at someone. He wondered if this was also a human emotion.

The artist stared at Sehun and nodded again.

Sehun wondered if the artist was an introvert or maybe he just didn't like how he was staring at him.

" Nice to meet  you, by the way." " My name is Sehun and yours?" he said as he tried to make a conversation with the artist.

The artist stared at him, bowed again, and took out a note book. He wrote down his name and showed it to Sehun.

" Oh, so your name is Chanyeol."

Chanyeol nodded and continued drawling.

Sehun wondered why Chanyeol wouldn't speak with him. And he realized that Chanyeol was mute, but he didn't want to ask the boy about it.

Sehun slowly smiled again and continued to watch the artist.

" Do you have any friends or family here?"

The boy looked at him and shook his head.

" You live here by yourself?" " Could it be that you are lonely?"

The boy nodded yes and continued to work on his masterpiece.

Sehun looked at the sky and turned his head to Chanyeol.

" Don't worry, I will be your friend." he said as he smiled at Chanyeol.

The boy stared at Sehun's smile and slowly the corners of his lips, curved up to be a beautiful smile.

" Look at that smile!" " Lets take a picture to remember your smile." Sehun said as he smiled. He took out his phone and they snapped a perfect picture.

" I'll come meet you again." Sehun said as he smiled. He waved goodbye.

The boy also waved goodbye, and they seperated ways.

The next day, Sehun walked down to the same spot, after seeing Luhan and Xiumin kissing. He didn't see Chanyeol, so he decided to sit on the bench and wait for him. Three hours had pasted and the boy still hadn't showed up, so he decided to ask the workers in the building across from the bench. He walked in and asked if they had seen the boy. He described Chanyeol, but they still didn't know him. Then, he decided to show them the picture of the boy. He took out his phone and went to his pictures. He then saw the picture, but there was no boy beside him. He was puzzled. He exactly remembered them taking a selfie together, but why wasn't the boy in the picture? He thanked the workers for their help and decided to head home.