Chapter 7

It Is What It Is

When my hair dried I didn’t really want it out today so I put it into a messy side plait. If only I had a beanie or hat to complete my outfit.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun went off somewhere and dragged Suho with them, leaving Chen and I with £200 from Suho and the three of them not knowing English well. The shopping centre was massive so I doubt we’ll see any of them for a while. I turned to Chen and decided to speak in English because one, we both know English and two, we’re in England surrounded by other English people so why not?

“So shall we go shopping?” I asked Chen as he stood looking around at all the shops.

“Sure! And since you’ve probably been here before I’ll follow you round and help you choose some clothes” He said with a sweet smile. I could die right now from what this boy does to my heart. It’s not healthy at all. I’m pretty sure I blushed, so I looked away pretending that I was looking around for shops to go into.

I saw one of my favourite shops, Topshop. Luckily, there were some sales on so I looked around the shop eventually finding myself in a section which I’ve never seen before. I’m sure my eyes lit up and started to sparkle. This section was full of clothes that I want so bad. It had mostly dark clothes and some beanies in it. I looked around a bit more and found that most of the clothes and shoes in the area were on sale. It was like a dream come true. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around at lightning speed having the biggest smile and shining eyes on my face.

“Nana~ This matches your out-“ Chen stopped talking then he just stared at my face with a small smile playing on his lips as he held a black beanie with a little bobble on the back in his hands.

“Ya! Chen why are you staring at me?” I asked him nervously. I’m not sure if I want an answer to this.

“You should smile more often.” He said whilst pulling the hat on my head. I didn’t know what to say and at that moment I realised how close we were. I looked at his eyes. They had a small sparkle in them, the corners of his lips slightly bent up as if he was always smiling.

“Now it’s my turn to ask. Why are you staring at me Nana?” He asked as he looked into my eyes. Oh my god, my heart it’s beating so hard that I’m pretty sure he can hear it too and my face, I must look like a tomato. “Awww Nana look it suits you really well!” Chen broke our eye contact and dragged me over to a mirror. I admit the hat does look nice.

“I do like this hat how much is it?” I asked him.

“Oh, don’t worry I already bought it.” He said giving me one of his amazing smiles.

“Ya! Chen why did you buy it for me? You guys are just wasting your money on me,” I scolded him.

After 2 hours of going back and forth, from shop to shop we all finally met up at the food court of all places. I had plenty of bags full of clothes I made sure I only got sale items, since my Mum always told me to never pay full price for a piece of clothing just because it has a brand logo on it. To this day I’ve only got the formerly expensive clothes on sale and if they were cheap I would buy them. I was taking out my change when Suho closed my hand and said “Nina, keep the change I don’t need the money, it’s okay.” Wow if this boy gets any sweeter I think I might need to go to the Dentist. Get it? Haha I’m funny.

After 20 minutes of Baekhyun and Chanyeol fighting over what food they wanted we ended up getting Nandos and a lot of it because we had to bring some home for the boys. Chen, Chanyeol and I decided to sit at a table and wait because with an order that size we were obviously going to have to wait a while.

I was looking around whilst Chen teased Chanyeol which I have to admit was pretty funny when I saw him. One of the persons I never wanted to have in my life ever again. He stared back at me and gestured me to come over. I started to get very nervous, I mean who wouldn’t get nervous after seeing their brother who tormented you since you were little asking you to go and talk to him. I turned to Chen and Chanyeol and said “I need the loo, I’ll be right back,” When I said that, I gave a smile. I wonder if they’ll believe the smile I put on my face when I said that because right now I was the opposite of happy. I was scared and depressed.

As I walked away I walked to where I saw my brother last when I was abruptly pulled to the side and hit, quite hard may I add. I felt my cheek burn but I looked straight ahead into my brother’s eyes filled with hatred. I’ve had enough of crying so I won’t cry anymore. I stared at my brother waiting for him to talk when I saw he had some friends with him. I started to get a little scared but I didn’t let it show on my face so I stared blankly at him.

“What do you want?” I spat at him, my eyes now filled with hatred.

“What makes you think you can talk to me like that ?” He took a belt out and slashed it across my face making me fall to the ground. He hit again and again. But the pain felt good to me, I didn’t cry but when he stopped I looked up at him and started to laugh. “Why are you laughing, you piece of ?” he asked me.

“Why are you here? Why are you hitting me?” I asked back.

“I’m here because it’s your fault that our ty mother killed herself,” He spat at me.

“Why is it my fault that you and Dad are massive s?” I shot back with hatred dripping off of every word I said.

“What are you saying ? You know what shut up, C’mon guys lets teach this a lesson.” Then my so called brother and his friends beat me. They hit me again and again with their punches and kicks to my gut. They wacked my head against my wall, twisted my arm so far back that I could hear my bone cracking. The never ending hits seemed to start to make my body numb and as I looked up I could see nothing. I was slipping into darkness and the last thing I heard was my name. Someone screamed my name? Why would anyone do that I’m a useless girl who drove her mother to suicide. The last thing I heard was “NINA!”

 

a/n yeahhh, okay so I’m thinking that I’ll probably update every Saturday so next week will be the next update because school starts on Monday. Just save me please. I found out my timetable and I have all the really bad teachers and this year is not going to be fun for me at all. Urgh. And omg my favourite black skinny jeans have a rip in them. Like no. These were so comfy but right now it's only a small rip so hopefully they won't get any worse. 

Comment Subscribe and maybe vote? I don’t know but let me know if I should keep writing this story or nah because I don’t know…

But anyways

Stay true :)

~TheHaniniPanini